Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL IMPEACHMENT THREAD ***

(01-16-2020, 11:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: Today, the Government Accountability Office released their decision that the OMB violated the Impoundment Control Act.

So they agree with the NSA officials we discussed earlier.

Now follow along as JJ tells us that Trump and his appointees are allowed to violate the law.

Gao....  supreme court...  see how the terms are different? They can have their opinion, in the grand scheme of things it matters just as much as you or mine.  The basis of their opinion is "we were told by the ombudsman that the money was withheld not to conflict with the president's foreign policy" so they determined that didnt fall under the prescribed authority of the 1974 ICA.  The president himself and everyone I know that has publicly represented him cited "corruption" which is in the plain text of the statute as prescribed authority under the ICA.

So what do u have here, more swamp creatures twisting the meaning of words or expressions to fit a narrative and damage the president.

When this started it was bribery, extortion etc.  Good luck trying to explain to the average american what an impoundment is or why this means their 401ks should stop growing and oil prices should double.  

When the gao finds the time turner give me a call.  Till then start looking for your minority leader come january.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Upon further reading, I reassert my original point. The actual cut off date was 9 30 19. The funds were released on 9 12 19. Now were looking for another time turner. Can someone please call miss Rowling?

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 01:15 PM by mikesez.)

(01-16-2020, 12:32 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 11:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: Today, the Government Accountability Office released their decision that the OMB violated the Impoundment Control Act.

So they agree with the NSA officials we discussed earlier.

Now follow along as JJ tells us that Trump and his appointees are allowed to violate the law.

Gao....  supreme court...  see how the terms are different? They can have their opinion, in the grand scheme of things it matters just as much as you or mine.  The basis of their opinion is "we were told by the ombudsman that the money was withheld not to conflict with the president's foreign policy" so they determined that didnt fall under the prescribed authority of the 1974 ICA.  The president himself and everyone I know that has publicly represented him cited "corruption" which is in the plain text of the statute as prescribed authority under the ICA.

So what do u have here, more swamp creatures twisting the meaning of words or expressions to fit a narrative and damage the president.

When this started it was bribery, extortion etc.  Good luck trying to explain to the average american what an impoundment is or why this means their 401ks should stop growing and oil prices should double.  

When the gao finds the time turner give me a call.  Till then start looking for your minority leader come january.

The Supreme Court might issue orders that contradict the President's orders, so their opinion of things does matter, but they can not remove the President or even punish him.  Only Congress can.  More swamp creatures.  More opinion.  Facts are going to be hard to find in this realm.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Pelosi was visibly drunk when she gave that wacky speech about the Founders and "the poets" telling her it was time to march the Articles over to the Senate. She tried to appear solemn and duty-bound as she cackled that, "He will forever be impeached! They can't take that away!". But I believe the Senate is about to do just that - take it away. All Pelosi accomplished was to change the meaning of the word "impeachment".

(01-16-2020, 01:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Pelosi was visibly drunk when she gave that wacky speech about the Founders and "the poets" telling her it was time to march the Articles over to the Senate.  She tried to appear solemn and duty-bound as she cackled that,  "He will forever be impeached!  They can't take that away!".  But I believe the Senate is about to do just that - take it away.  All Pelosi accomplished was to change the meaning of the word "impeachment".

There are a couple of things at play here.

1. She checked the box of satisfying the radical left members of Congress by impeaching Trump
2. She now gets to tie up Warren and Sanders so they can't be on the campaign trail while Biden builds his lead.

Pelosi is morally bankrupt human scum.

(01-16-2020, 02:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 01:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Pelosi was visibly drunk when she gave that wacky speech about the Founders and "the poets" telling her it was time to march the Articles over to the Senate.  She tried to appear solemn and duty-bound as she cackled that,  "He will forever be impeached!  They can't take that away!".  But I believe the Senate is about to do just that - take it away.  All Pelosi accomplished was to change the meaning of the word "impeachment".

There are a couple of things at play here.

1. She checked the box of satisfying the radical left members of Congress by impeaching Trump
2. She now gets to tie up Warren and Sanders so they can't be on the campaign trail while Biden builds his lead.

The value in point number 1 is that she knows her constituents don't understand the difference between impeached and removed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 03:35 PM by Gabe.)

Ken Starr is an...interesting choice.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(01-16-2020, 04:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 02:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There are a couple of things at play here.

The value in point number 1 is that she knows her constituents don't understand the difference between impeached and removed.

Yes, they do. It's very telling that you think they don't. You're listening to your handlers too much.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-17-2020, 04:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 04:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The value in point number 1 is that she knows her constituents don't understand the difference between impeached and removed.

Yes, they do. It's very telling that you think they don't. You're listening to your handlers too much.

Bwwwaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-16-2020, 04:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The value in point number 1 is that she knows her constituents don't understand the difference between impeached and removed.

They seriously don't.

You should get out and talk to your fellow democrats. They're not too bright.

(01-17-2020, 03:35 PM)Gabe Wrote: Ken Starr is an...interesting choice.

And Alan Dershowitz. Defender of O.J. and Jeffrey Epstein. Apparently Trump likes how he fits in with those types.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 04:21 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-17-2020, 04:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

And Alan Dershowitz. Defender of O.J. and Jeffrey Epstein. Apparently Trump likes how he fits in with those types.

Having Dershowitz, one of the greatest constitutional lawyers the planet has ever seen isn't a good sign for the Dems.

The thought of Dersh questioning Adam Schiff makes me smile.

BTW, Dershowitz is a liberal who voted for Hillary. This speaks volumes about this hoax.

(01-17-2020, 04:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 04:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote: And Alan Dershowitz. Defender of O.J. and Jeffrey Epstein. Apparently Trump likes how he fits in with those types.

Having Dershowitz, one of the greatest constitutional lawyers the planet has ever seen isn't a good sign for the Dems.

The thought of Dersh questioning Adam Schiff makes me smile.

BTW, Dershowitz is a liberal who voted for Hillary. This speaks volumes about this hoax.

Hold the phone, King Trump. Apparently Dersh is only delivering the argument, not serve as his official legal council. That's apparently still Starr's bag, baby. 

Regardless, I'd rather Trump reign in Rudy. 'Merica deserves 'Merica's mayor defending the most 'Merican president ever.

(01-17-2020, 04:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Because innocent people never need lawyers?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t...SKCN1T62MS

"Pelosi is under pressure from some Democrats to begin an impeachment of Republican President Donald Trump, who last week called impeachment “a dirty, filthy, disgusting word.”
She has tried to tamp down Democrats’ demands to move against Trump and she talked to reporters about the issue.
“Do you know most people think that impeachment means you’re out of office?” she asked reporters. “They think that you get impeached, you’re gone. And that is completely not true ...
“It’s not the means to the end that people think -  all you do is vote to impeach, bye bye birdie. It isn’t that.”"

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 08:51 PM by Jags.)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but with mpeached just means charges are brought up.  It’ll take 20 or so Republicans to flip in order for him to be removed.  Never gonna happen.  It’s 110% a partisan thing. So, if I or someone in my likeness, robbed a bank, and was “proven innocent “ or acquitted, then nothing happens.  He’s still the president and more than likely a 2 term-er.  The Dems are using this to attempt to bring down his name.  Because not only do they hate the guy, they know they have no shot in November.  I’m sure the the “normal” Americans, left or right, see through it and how good Trump has actually done.  Keeping promises and doing his job as well as exposing the politics of it all.  Seriously, what
Is so bad?  I really want to know.  Because it’s pretty damn sad.  Not to mention the precedent you set for politics in our great nation.  The left ought to be ashamed of themselves.  But, of course; they aren’t.  Have some morals.

I’m glad the Rep’s have majority in the senate (and sense). Hopefully the Dems will hurt themselves so bad we have a majority in the house as well.  Then we can really make some progress.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 10:00 PM by Gabe.)

(01-17-2020, 08:16 PM)Jags Wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong, but with mpeached just means charges are brought up.  It’ll take 20 or so Republicans to flip in order for him to be removed.  Never gonna happen.  It’s 110% a partisan thing. So, if I or someone in my likeness, robbed a bank, and was “proven innocent “ or acquitted, then nothing happens.  He’s still the president and more than likely a 2 term-er.  The Dems are using this to attempt to bring down his name.  Because not only do they hate the guy, they know they have no shot in November.  I’m sure the the “normal” Americans, left or right, see through it and how good Trump has actually done.  Keeping promises and doing his job as well as exposing the politics of it all.  Seriously, what
Is so bad?  I really want to know.  Because it’s pretty damn sad.  Not to mention the precedent you set for politics in our great nation.  The left ought to be ashamed of themselves.  But, of course; they aren’t.  Have some morals.

I’m glad the Rep’s have majority in the senate (and sense). Hopefully the Dems will hurt themselves so bad we have a majority in the house as well.  Then we can really make some progress.
FYI: GOP had majority between 2016 and 2018.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 10:08 PM by Jags.)

(01-17-2020, 09:52 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 08:16 PM)Jags Wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong, but with mpeached just means charges are brought up.  It’ll take 20 or so Republicans to flip in order for him to be removed.  Never gonna happen.  It’s 110% a partisan thing. So, if I or someone in my likeness, robbed a bank, and was “proven innocent “ or acquitted, then nothing happens.  He’s still the president and more than likely a 2 term-er.  The Dems are using this to attempt to bring down his name.  Because not only do they hate the guy, they know they have no shot in November.  I’m sure the the “normal” Americans, left or right, see through it and how good Trump has actually done.  Keeping promises and doing his job as well as exposing the politics of it all.  Seriously, what

They (dem) had control in 2018.  It’s now 2020. So, I guess we both can be right.  In 2016, none of this would be happening.  It’s still a partisan “impeachment.  Congrats for your “victory?”?  Even though you won’t “win” a darn thing.  But fear not, after re-election, we will all continue to win.

(01-17-2020, 09:52 PM)Gabe Wrote:

FYI, by her own admission San Fran Nan has been working on impeachment for 2 and half years.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 10:40 PM by mikesez.)

What is so bad? Let me try to explain it, slowly.
Trump tried to use the power of the office to maintain his hold on the office.
It's fine if the President holds campaign rallies.  His opponents are allowed to do that too.
It's fine if the President meets the troops for a photo op.  His opponents can do that too.
It's not fine for him to try to twist another country's arm to get them to interfere in the election. Because his opponents can't do that - he shouldn't be able to either.

You can try to assert that his request had nothing to do with the campaign, but, the evidence so far says it did.
You can try to assert that the arm twisting was part of normal diplomacy, but, the evidence so far says it was not.  
The President will be able to submit new evidence to the Senate, but, as things stand, the evidence we have says he violated the Impoundment Control Act in order to also violate the Federal Election Campaign Act.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.