Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I’m rooting for the 49ers to win it all

The 9ers can run it and throw it. And kick it with Gould

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2020, 11:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What happened to that debate about running the football and playing good defense in the modern NFL?

Big Grin 

Laughing

It's working for San Fran right now for sure.

But I don't think they get over on KC with anything close to the game they had against GB. Think KCs OL is way better than the Pack. And KCs D is no slouch.
When the tacks were running it down their throat Spags just lined em up in goal line formations in the middle of the field to stop Henry to force Tanny to throw.

Now... I think Jimmy G is better than Tannehill for sure but what I'm getting at is that against a team like KC I think they'll need to be more balanced than they have been against their previous two opponents.
And getting up early on KC doesn't mean diddly squat apparently.

That 9ers D is nasty though. The front seven is ridiculous (I wonder how long they'll be able to keep them all together). KCs offense vs the 9ers D is gonna be fun to watch.
I'm excited about the matchup and am pulling for Andy Reid to finally get a ring.

This will be an interesting game and match up. Defensively they have a fast enough front four to get after Mahomes. I still like Kansas City by at least three to six points.

I liked San Francisco either last year or the year before as SB favorites. I think I missed the mark due to that ACL injury with Garoppollo. The fact that they won that game yesterday without him really having to do anything in the passing game is a testament to Lynch's personnel decisions and Shanahan's ability to scheme.

If the Chiefs take away the running game, which they proved yesterday against Henry. I think Mahomes will out gun Garroppollo in a shoot out. That's not to say he can't get it done. He did it New Orleans against Brees. But I just think Kansas City will scheme up just as well, if not, better than they did yesterday against the tacks.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-20-2020, 01:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This will be an interesting game and match up. Defensively they have a fast enough front four to get after Mahomes. I still like Kansas City by at least three to six points.

I liked San Francisco either last year or the year before as SB favorites. I think I missed the mark due to that ACL injury with Garoppollo. The fact that they won that game yesterday without him really having to do anything in the passing game is a testament to Lynch's personnel decisions and Shanahan's ability to scheme.

If the Chiefs take away the running game, which they proved yesterday against Henry. I think Mahomes will out gun Garroppollo in a shoot out. That's not to say he can't get it done. He did it New Orleans against Brees. But I just think Kansas City will scheme up just as well, if not, better than they did yesterday against the tacks.

This should be a fun SB.
Last years was a dud
The year before was OK it seems but I didn't watch as I was semi-protesting semi-emotionally drained from how our season ended.
The previous 2 were kinda just OK for me too.

So glad we have a Patriot-less Superbowl and two teams that haven't won in a long while.
Young up and coming QBs and talented teams on both sides of the ball that are coached well.

I'm guessing KC wins 45-36 (ish)

(01-20-2020, 01:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This will be an interesting game and match up. Defensively they have a fast enough front four to get after Mahomes. I still like Kansas City by at least three to six points.

I don't think stopping Henry and the tacks is going to prove on par with stopping the niners bag of tricks in the run game. The niners have a bigger toolbox with more tools to carve with - and Shanahan is getting pretty damn clever serving up the carvings.  

I kind-of think that Shanahan can lure the chefs into selling out to limit the run at times - and then throw daggers in play action when they bite. 

My money is on the niners in this one. Should be an awesome game.

Yeah I'm taking the 49ers in this one, but I will gladly eat my crow if the Chiefs win.

I just think San Fran's defense (specifically their front 7) will be the difference in the game, where they will make some crucial stops/sacks when needed.

I bet the Patriots are kicking themselves right now. But but Belicek is a genius.

When the playoffs started I said that the only team in the AFC that did not disgust me were the Bills. That has not changed.

As long as the chefs put Tyreek Hill on the field I will root against them. Go Niners, by default. Would be fantastic, too, for Jimmy G to do what Romo never could. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

(01-21-2020, 04:22 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I bet the Patriots are kicking themselves right now. But but Belicek is a genius.

Is this in reference to shipping off Jimmy G?
Cuz if so... Belichick didn't want to.

He wanted Jimmy G to take over, Brady went to Kraft, and Kraft made Belichick do it.

(01-20-2020, 02:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I don't think stopping Henry and the tacks is going to prove on par with stopping the niners bag of tricks in the run game. The niners have a bigger toolbox with more tools to carve with - and Shanahan is getting pretty damn clever  serving up the carvings.  

I kind-of think that Shanahan can lure the chefs into selling out to limit the run at times - and then throw daggers in play action when they bite. 

Example A.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status...44160?s=20

(01-21-2020, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 02:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think stopping Henry and the tacks is going to prove on par with stopping the niners bag of tricks in the run game. The niners have a bigger toolbox with more tools to carve with - and Shanahan is getting pretty damn clever  serving up the carvings.  

Example A.

Excluding some posters who say "Twits gonna twitter", Geoff is a great follow. Very insightful for the Oline and run game.

(01-21-2020, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 02:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think stopping Henry and the tacks is going to prove on par with stopping the niners bag of tricks in the run game. The niners have a bigger toolbox with more tools to carve with - and Shanahan is getting pretty damn clever  serving up the carvings.  

Example A.

I remember that play. It was a real SMH moment.
Obvious passing down and situation and we'll run it at you anyway, cuz we can.
So jealous lol

(01-21-2020, 12:38 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Example A.

So jealous lol

Gotta have supreme confidence in your front five to sell it and to execute it.

Ballsy play-call.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 02:21 PM by JAllen#41.)

(01-21-2020, 12:38 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Example A.

So jealous lol

Yeah.  Look at it though, the Packers gave them the box when it comes to numbers.  Even if they didn't, the Packers were really not good against the run this year.  But look at the box count there.  GB has 4 guys there in that shot.  I would need to see the All 22 for sure but they are already outnumbered by the OL 5v4, then you have a HB rolling through at full speed.  Just not really a good alignment vs a team that loves to run the football.  Regardless of the down, I think you have to always outnumber a team like them when it comes to box count.

Edit: Upon further inspection nope they had guys coming upfield off the edges. They just got out schemed/coached.

(01-21-2020, 02:19 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:38 PM)Kane Wrote: I remember that play. It was a real SMH moment.
So jealous lol

Yeah.  Look at it though, the Packers gave them the box when it comes to numbers.  Even if they didn't, the Packers were really not good against the run this year.  But look at the box count there.  GB has 4 guys there in that shot.  I would need to see the All 22 for sure but they are already outnumbered by the OL 5v4, then you have a HB rolling through at full speed.  Just not really a good alignment vs a team that loves to run the football.  Regardless of the down, I think you have to always outnumber a team like them when it comes to box count.

Edit:  Upon further inspection nope they had guys coming upfield off the edges.  They just got out schemed/coached.

Pretty standard look against a 4WR set from a 3-4 front with OLBs pass rushing from the edge.

(01-21-2020, 02:19 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:38 PM)Kane Wrote: I remember that play. It was a real SMH moment.
So jealous lol

Edit: Upon further inspection nope they had guys coming upfield off the edges. They just got out schemed/coached.

(01-21-2020, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 02:19 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: Yeah.  Look at it though, the Packers gave them the box when it comes to numbers.  Even if they didn't, the Packers were really not good against the run this year.  But look at the box count there.  GB has 4 guys there in that shot.  I would need to see the All 22 for sure but they are already outnumbered by the OL 5v4, then you have a HB rolling through at full speed.  Just not really a good alignment vs a team that loves to run the football.  Regardless of the down, I think you have to always outnumber a team like them when it comes to box count.

Edit:  Upon further inspection nope they had guys coming upfield off the edges.  They just got out schemed/coached.

Pretty standard look against a 4WR set from a 3-4 front with OLBs pass rushing from the edge.

Yep... They expected a pass on 3rd and long. And 9ers ran a trap play.
And then on the back end guys can't tackle and take bad angles.

GB defense was OK most of the year. Good, not great at times. But 9ers made them look downright bad.

I want Andy Reid to get a ring so I'm pulling for the Chiefs. Ried has been too good too long to retire with out a ring. He has put too much into this game and his life to not win one.

Niners are winning, no matter what. The league decides

(01-21-2020, 04:22 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I bet the Patriots are kicking themselves right now. But but Belicek is a genius.

Hahaha another hilarious post, thanks for the laughs!

Why?  Tom got them another ring after Jimmy left.