Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

(02-06-2020, 03:27 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:25 PM)Andy G Wrote: Weren't we all saying something similar when ARob wanted a better deal?

"Oh, they'll tag him - no way they'll let him walk..."

Different players, and different circumstances (ARob was coming back from an injury and there were more doubts about his production in the future) but there's always that chance the Jags just cut him loose.

WRs are a dime a dozen...

pass rushers are not

To this point Yan has been way more valuable and productive than AR15 (he had one really good year, so did Hurns who is not on anyone's radar)

If they just let Yan walk.... they are more stupid than even us fans have given them credit for

You would think the +/- 20 long miserable years since Jimmy and Keenan would prove this narrative false. But that’s just me.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he won't play for the franchise Tag or sign an new deal, I would trade him to the Detroit Lions (who desperately need a pass rusher) for this year's and next year's 2nd round picks (or maybe next year #1 and this year's #3 or #4). They still get their corner at #3 overall and the Jags get two high #2's and can trade around to get the pieces they need to fill this roster. Resign Calais Campbell and start him and Josh Allen at the ends, draft DT, CB, and WR early and rebuild this roster.

Just my $0.02

(02-06-2020, 03:37 PM)knarnn Wrote:

pass rushers are not

To this point Yan has been way more valuable and productive than AR15 (he had one really good year, so did Hurns who is not on anyone's radar)

If they just let Yan walk.... they are more stupid than even us fans have given them credit for

You would think the +/- 20 long miserable years since Jimmy and Keenan would prove this narrative false. But that’s just me.

Our drafting over the years has been absolutely abysmal.
The people gotta make the selections but every year there are 3-4 new WRs that hit the scene and are the flavor of the year.
Every so often you get a guy that develops in years 2 and 3 (Chark)
Sometimes you find a late round gem in round 5 (AB)

There's about 100 of em (hyperbole) in this years draft....

You can let a WR walk... you can't let pass rushers walk because unlike WRs you don't get studs every draft and even more rare to get mid rounders that hit the way Yan did

(02-06-2020, 02:25 PM)Andy G Wrote: Weren't we all saying something similar when ARob wanted a better deal?

"Oh, they'll tag him - no way they'll let him walk..."

Different players, and different circumstances (ARob was coming back from an injury and there were more doubts about his production in the future) but there's always that chance the Jags just cut him loose.

pass rushers are not

Hurns just signed a 2 year extension with Miami and has had a ton of injuries

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 07:28 PM by Andy G.)

Yes... as I said, different players, different circumstances.

But my point was that most people expected us to keep ARob on the tag. And look how that ended up.

If there’s no trade partner and they think $18m can be better used elsewhere, maybe they use the money somewhere else.

It seems unlikely, but I don’t think we can assume any more.

(02-06-2020, 07:27 PM)Andy G Wrote: Yes...  as I said, different players, different circumstances.

But my point was that most people expected us to keep ARob on the tag.

If there’s no trade partner and they think $18m can be better used elsewhere, maybe they use the money somewhere else.

The only thing we can assume about this franchise is that they'll screw this up just like they screw everything up. They're so [BLEEP] backwards it's ridiculous.

(02-06-2020, 07:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 07:27 PM)Andy G Wrote: Yes...  as I said, different players, different circumstances.

But my point was that most people expected us to keep ARob on the tag.

The only thing we can assume about this franchise is that they'll screw this up just like they screw everything up. They're so [BLEEP] backwards it's ridiculous.

You cant make a player stay that dont want to be here.  Dave has already said Yannick is his top priority.  I hope Yan wants to be here had will agree on extension but if not he can kick rocks too.  Tag him and trade him and if we dont get a good offer, let him play on the tag.  If he doesnt want to play on the tag let him lose out on another 18 mil and then tag him next year as well

(02-06-2020, 04:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 03:27 PM)Kane Wrote: WRs are a dime a dozen...
pass rushers are not

Hurns just signed a 2 year extension with Miami and has had a ton of injuries

The phins made hurns the 70th highest paid receiver in the league. That is the tiniest of blips on the radar.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 01:22 AM by surfon.)

(02-06-2020, 07:25 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Pay The Man

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...5538299910

So he got loose on one of the worst teams in the nfl....big whoop js.  I think we end up dealing with this into training camp.  Fun fun.  Frankly i care less as time goes on.

(02-06-2020, 08:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 04:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hurns just signed a 2 year extension with Miami and has had a ton of injuries

The phins made hurns the 70th highest paid receiver in the league. That is the tiniest of blips on the radar.

That's pretty impressive actually considering his injury a couple years ago would of ended some careers on top of the other injuries.  He was obviously on the radar if he got a contract extension.

(02-07-2020, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 08:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The phins made hurns the 70th highest paid receiver in the league. That is the tiniest of blips on the radar.

That's pretty impressive actually considering his injury a couple years ago would of ended some careers on top of the other injuries.  He was obviously on the radar if he got a contract extension.

He's on your radar apparently.... good for him for getting extended by one of the worst franchises in the league....
My point stands... WRs are a dime a dozen and you can let them walk much easier (and probably should never use the tag on one) than you can a pass rusher.

(02-07-2020, 11:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's pretty impressive actually considering his injury a couple years ago would of ended some careers on top of the other injuries.  He was obviously on the radar if he got a contract extension.

He's on your radar apparently.... good for him for getting extended by one of the worst franchises in the league....
My point stands... WRs are a dime a dozen and you can let them walk much easier (and probably should never use the tag on one) than you can a pass rusher.

I liked Hurms and was damn good before the injuries started piling up and is still pretty good when healthy.  I dont think WRs are a dime a dozen but there are definitely a lot more good ones than a good DE or good DT.  A good OT is probably the hardest position to find a good one behind QB imo

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 10:29 PM by Eric1.)

(02-07-2020, 01:21 AM)surfon Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 07:25 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Pay The Man

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...5538299910

So he got loose on one of the worst teams in the nfl....big whoop js.  I think we end up dealing with this into training camp.  Fun fun.  Frankly i care less as time goes on.

It was a 30 second clip of some of the stuff we'll be missing when he's gone... But imagine not caring about losing the best young pass rusher this franchise has ever had...

And people wonder why this franchise is a literal laughing stock.

(02-07-2020, 10:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 01:21 AM)surfon Wrote: So he got loose on one of the worst teams in the nfl....big whoop js.  I think we end up dealing with this into training camp.  Fun fun.  Frankly i care less as time goes on.

It was a 30 second clip of some of the stuff we'll be missing when he's gone... But imagine not caring about losing the best young pass rusher this franchise has ever had...

Don't worry we are not gonna lose Allen any time soon.

It is quite hilarious how overrated Yan is.

(02-07-2020, 10:31 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 10:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It was a 30 second clip of some of the stuff we'll be missing when he's gone... But imagine not caring about losing the best young pass rusher this franchise has ever had...

Don't worry we are not gonna lose Allen any time soon.

Wrong

(02-07-2020, 10:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 10:31 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Don't worry we are not gonna lose Allen any time soon.

Wrong

8 sacks and average vs the run LOL.

(02-07-2020, 10:33 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 10:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Wrong

8 sacks and average vs the run LOL.

Wrong

He’s above average but not elite and not worth setting a new market price. For me this whole thing is part of what’s wrong with today’s NFL. Greed.

(02-07-2020, 10:59 PM)Corriewf Wrote: He’s above average but not elite and not worth setting a new market price. For me this whole thing is part of what’s wrong with today’s NFL. Greed.

He's an elite pass rusher, and that's what gets the money