Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags officially pick 9 and 20.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 07:55 PM by JackCity.)

(02-19-2020, 06:27 PM)Upper Wrote: The top corners rival the top WRs? Whew that is a take that is very different than the consensus.

Not really. Okudah is more of a slam dunk corner prospect than either Jeudy or Lamb are WRs, then Fulton/Gladney/Henderson rig/Hall are talented enough to said in the same breath as the second tier. 

WR position is flashier so gets more media love but this has the potential to be an all time corner class too, with the WR class being a bit better overall in my estimation and an all time class in its own right

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-19-2020, 06:27 PM)Upper Wrote: The top corners rival the top WRs? Whew that is a take that is very different than the consensus.

Yeah, I dont agree with that at all

Yeah I dunno... Everything I've read up on after those first 3-5 CBs doesn't make me think "starter" material. At least not right away.
Whereas I'm thinking you can get a potential starter at WR on day 3.

If we don't get one of the top CBs (top 3 guys imo) our starters have to be Bouye and Herndon.
The next couple on the list possibly could challenge Herndon but guys in round 3 and later I've been reading as "depth" or maybe nickel guys.

Corner is near universally recognised as one of the deepest position groups this year with starters the whole way through day 2 and into round 4.

Any links to articles saying otherwise?

(02-20-2020, 12:57 PM)Kane Wrote:

Yeah I dunno... Everything I've read up on after those first 3-5 CBs doesn't make me think "starter" material. At least not right away.
Whereas I'm thinking you can get a potential starter at WR on day 3.

If we don't get one of the top CBs (top 3 guys imo) our starters have to be Bouye and Herndon.
The next couple on the list possibly could challenge Herndon but guys in round 3 and later I've been reading as "depth" or maybe nickel guys.

I think you need to do a bit more reading, there are at least 10 guys in this draft who would be instanst starters for us even if we keep Bouye.

The WR class is obscenely good, but CB is also very strong this year.

(02-20-2020, 01:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Corner is near universally recognised as one of the deepest position groups this year with starters the whole way through day 2 and into round 4.

No articles. What I go by (mostly) are sites like TheDraftNetwork and WalterFootball and any tid bits I pick up from Daniel Jeremiah.
I usually read a lot of these draft profiles when doing my mocks to make sure I don't look like too much of a bonehead.

But as I write this and go to DraftNetwork I see that perhaps I've been reading some outdated profiles. A lot has been updated in the past couple months as scouts and draftniks really dive deeper into film maybe...
Looks like the guys at TDN now have about 10 CBs they think are year 1 starters... (and some profiles still not updated since Nov or Dec.)

Early one the guys were seemingly ranked Okudah, Fulton, Diggs, Henderson, Terrell, Hall and Gladney. Their rankings have changed quite a bit with some guys that weren't even on my radar being placed in their top 10.
So as I become more educated I'm more than willing to change my position. (I'm not one to dig in my heels if I'm wrong, not since the Bortles debacle)

(02-20-2020, 01:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Corner is near universally recognised as one of the deepest position groups this year with starters the whole way through day 2 and into round 4.

Top WR vs top corners was the statement, not depth vs depth. I think if you did a mixed list of WR and CB Okudah and Jeudy would be pretty darn equal at 1-2, and then probably the next like dozen players are all WRs.

(02-20-2020, 01:40 PM)Upper Wrote:

Top WR vs top corners was the statement, not depth vs depth. I think if you did a mixed list of WR and CB Okudah and Jeudy would be pretty darn equal at 1-2, and then probably the next like dozen players are all WRs.

I was responding to Kane talking about the lack of starters amongst the CBs. Already made my comment about the WRs vs CBs. 

And no I don't agree a combined list of the top 13 WRs and Corners would just have Okduah and then 12 WRs. It'd be a lot closer to an even split with the WRs probably edging it for me

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 02:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Is Jeudy and Lamb better than Brown and Metcalf who both went in the 2nd last year? I still like Metcalf better and they are about even with Brown for me. Curious to see if they fall like Brown and Metcalf. I can see one of them being there at 20

(02-20-2020, 02:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is Jeudy and Lamb better than Brown and Metcalf who both went in the 2nd last year?  I still like Metcalf better and they are about even with Brown for me.  Curious to see if they fall like Brown and Metcalf.  I can see one of them being there at 20

As prospects, yes they are better.

But you could be right about them falling due to the massive depth at WR and teams prioritizing other shallower positions early. Still don't think it'll happen though.

If either of them were there at 20 it would be like winning the lottery.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 05:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-20-2020, 03:59 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 02:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is Jeudy and Lamb better than Brown and Metcalf who both went in the 2nd last year?  I still like Metcalf better and they are about even with Brown for me.  Curious to see if they fall like Brown and Metcalf.  I can see one of them being there at 20

As prospects, yes they are better.

But you could be right about them falling due to the massive depth at WR and teams prioritizing other shallower positions early. Still don't think it'll happen though.

If either of them were there at 20 it would be like winning the lottery.

Metcalf was my favorite WR prospect since Amari Cooper so I'm not sure if they are better prospects, and Brown wasnt far behind for me. I just think teams are valuing other positions higher and they feel they can get a good WR after round 1 is why they fell

Some PFF numbers for the tackles
True pass sets
Wirfs: 196
Thomas: 188
Wills: 120
Jones: 113
Becton: 73

Pressures allowed
Wirfs: 5
Thomas: 7
Wills: 7
Jones: 2
Becton: 8

(02-21-2020, 08:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Some PFF numbers for the tackles
True pass sets
Wirfs: 196
Thomas: 188
Wills: 120
Jones: 113
Becton: 73

Pressures allowed
Wirfs: 5
Thomas: 7
Wills: 7
Jones: 2
Becton: 8

Mmmmm data.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 11:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If one of the top tackles isnt there at 20 I hope we trade back. Words is strong as an ox. He set records in weight lifting. I think he could be a dominant RG and can play tackle as well. If he is there mid teens I wonder what it would take to jump Miami to get him? Our 4th maybe?

(02-21-2020, 11:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If one of the top tackles isnt there at 20 I hope we trade back.  Words is strong as an ox.  He set records in weight lifting.  I think he could be a dominant RG and can play tackle as well.  If he is there mid teens I wonder what it would take to jump Miami to get him?  Our 4th maybe?
Wirfs? Yeah he's going to be a monster , have a hard time seeing him get by pick 12 with how many teams need tackles though

(02-22-2020, 03:14 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 11:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If one of the top tackles isnt there at 20 I hope we trade back.  Words is strong as an ox.  He set records in weight lifting.  I think he could be a dominant RG and can play tackle as well.  If he is there mid teens I wonder what it would take to jump Miami to get him?  Our 4th maybe?
Wirfs? Yeah he's going to be a monster , have a hard time seeing him get by pick 12 with how many teams need tackles though
Yeah, Wirfs, damn auto correct.

(02-22-2020, 07:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 03:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: Wirfs? Yeah he's going to be a monster , have a hard time seeing him get by pick 12 with how many teams need tackles though
Yeah, Wirfs, damn auto correct.

I really want the Jags to get Wirfs somehow. Could play either tackle spot but I would put him at RG (where I think he has Pro Bowl potential). Then sign a vet to push Cam (like Cordy Glenn?), who will be two gears removed from his ACL. This line would be nice.

LT - Robinson/Glenn
LG - Norwell
C - Linder
RG - Wirfs
RT - Taylor

If Brown, Simmons, and Okudah are gone then he is my guy at 9.

(02-23-2020, 06:27 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 07:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, Wirfs, damn auto correct.

I really want the Jags to get Wirfs somehow. Could play either tackle spot but I would put him at RG (where I think he has Pro Bowl potential). Then sign a vet to push Cam (like Cordy Glenn?), who will be two gears removed from his ACL. This line would be nice.

LT - Robinson/Glenn
LG - Norwell
C - Linder
RG - Wirfs
RT - Taylor

If Brown, Simmons, and Okudah are gone then he is my guy at 9.

Is Wirfs a Quenton Nelson type OG?
If so, I have no issue taking him at 9 if Brown and Okudah are gone (I'd take him over Simmons if he's that type of player)

Wirfs is a lot more valuable at tackle than inside

(02-26-2020, 12:13 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wirfs is a lot more valuable at tackle than inside

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/trist...nEYtBnayEh
He played mostly RT though.
One guy comps him at Cam Robinson (a guy many fans want to move to G)

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tristan-wi...5ceb881ea0
Another profile that pits him mostly as RT or G, comparing him to Bulaga

Many of these seem to put him best suited for a zone blocking scheme which we don't do much of, iirc.
And most profiles say "dominant run blocker" but "needs to work on pass protection"

Also... nothing wrong with a guy starting at G and then perhaps moving to T in year 2 if we move on from Robinson.

I'm no professional scout but when guys like Daniel Jeremiah says “I think he's somebody that has a chance to be an All-Pro guard. And I know he's played tackle, he's played on the right and the left. And he's a good tackle. I think he can play tackle in the NFL. I think he has a chance to be an elite guard,” I tend to lean toward his analysis.