Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

I have yet to see anyone mention tampering except here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2019, 10:00 AM)Rico Wrote: I have yet to see anyone mention tampering except here.

I think it's a total non-issue.

Looking at the policy  ( https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/...ersion.pdf )  
- the eagles would have to file a complaint. 

Why would they?? 

They likely gave Foles and his agent permission to talk with the Jags and possibly other teams outside of their division strategically.

(03-27-2019, 10:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 10:00 AM)Rico Wrote: I have yet to see anyone mention tampering except here.

I think it's a total non-issue.

Looking at the policy  ( https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/...ersion.pdf )  
- the eagles would have to file a complaint. 

Why would they?? 

They likely gave Foles and his agent permission to talk with the Jags and possibly other teams outside of their division strategically.

Exactly.  There was no tampering.  If there was, a complaint would have been filed with the league already.  Even if the Eagles had talked to the Jags informally to get a feel for their interest in Foles, there's nothing there to call it tampering.   It's the dead period, so I guess armchair GMs need to crank up the angst any way they can.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 04:13 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

I had a dream last night that Nick Foles, on the first play of the regular season, throws a 30 yard pass to Dede Westbrook. It was wobbly mid air and all of a sudden tightened up to a perfect spiral right into Westbrooks hands.

No clue how I feel about it... Big Grin

(03-29-2019, 04:12 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I had a dream last night that Nick Foles, on the first play of the regular season, throws a 30 yard pass to Dede Westbrook. It was wobbly mid air and all of a sudden tightened up to a perfect spiral right into Westbrooks hands.

[Image: th?id=OIP.BLc6fhsmooJUJEaiAwBXCwAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-11-2019, 05:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The front office finally get it right
Bump.

(03-29-2019, 04:12 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I had a dream last night that Nick Foles, on the first play of the regular season, throws a 30 yard pass to Dede Westbrook. It was wobbly mid air and all of a sudden tightened up to a perfect spiral right into Westbrooks hands.

Well, it was the first drive and to Chark, but still pretty close. Too bad you didn't see the season-ending end to the play though.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 11:12 AM by Cleatwood.)

All the Ronster posts.... I can't even. Lots of gold in here.

(03-11-2019, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I see a championship coming to Jax in the near future.

(03-12-2019, 09:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So did we imagine Super Bowl LII?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/b...040nwe.htm

How many QBs never made it to the Super Bowl?

How many QBs stunk up the joint when they DID get there?

Not to mention he is also a Pro Bowl MVP.  How many players have won a SB MVP and a Pro Bowl MVP?

(03-12-2019, 10:35 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: 5 wins again!

Oh man. Just....

Also, congrats to Browntrouser!

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 11:14 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Rico Wrote: This is a bad move and we'll regret it.

Just wanted to pull this up from very early in the thread.

By the way, I really enjoyed going back and looking at Ronster fawning all over Foles and the Eagles' faithful telling us what a great QB we got.

(03-11-2019, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I see a championship coming to Jax in the near future.

Damn, this one is pure gold too.

Glad I avoided posting in this thread until with the benefit of hindsight.

All i can say is dang things have really going to crude in less than a year. Even people that were positive it was clearly noted we needed upgrades to make Foles work and well.... just like 18 out of 25 years we got squat.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-11-2019, 08:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Hopefully they made some of his guarantees in the form of roster bonus and salary so that by this time next year when everyone is looking for more Pepto Bismol after he puts up a 15 TD 11 int year and the Jags go 6-10 some of those guarantees can be traded away along with a pick like the Texans did with Osweiler.

Pepto must have had a record month back in November.

I really overestimated Foles.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 02:33 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

TBF the FO had to do something.

Most people here didn't want Murray and we didn't even had a chance to get him
It would have been hilarious to see everyone's reaction if we somehow would have managed to draft Daniel Jones (who imo showed a lot of promise but still went before our pick)
Haskins was awful (in an awful team though)

No one knew about Minshew and let's say it doesn't happen and we don't sign Foles? then what? pretty much no one (except maybe 2 guys in this MB) wanted another year with Bortles. Foles did have some good games in the playoffs and the SB. I think they clearly knew it was a big risk but one they had to make.

Not signing Foles last offseason would have meant there was no hope for this past season (which still ended up being garbage lol), at least we kinda had hope for a few months lol.... and thank god for Minshew.

(03-11-2019, 05:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [BLEEP] me man. Dude. That's a big, BIG contract. This is going to be Kirk Cousins in a Diet version I guess. Mannnnnnnnnnn I really, really hope these [BLEEP] guys know what they're doing. I hope they spend the entire draft class on offense now.

[Image: 0d396fd1df160922f97301cb509ffd09.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 03:35 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-03-2020, 10:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The front office finally get it right
Bump.

This is the UFC equivalent

[Image: 200.webp?cid=790b76114e12b23b82788710187...d=200.webp]

(03-03-2020, 03:33 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bump.

This is the UFC equivalent

[Image: 200.webp?cid=790b76114e12b23b82788710187...d=200.webp]

More like:

[Image: D-18oOzXYAI6brR.jpg]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 04:19 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-03-2020, 11:23 AM)Rico Wrote:

Damn, this one is pure gold too.

I still see one it's just with Minshew instead of Foles

(03-03-2020, 10:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Bump.

Foles and his wife lost the baby and then he gets injured in the first quarter week 1.  None of that could of had nothing to do with it right?

(03-03-2020, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 11:23 AM)Rico Wrote: Damn, this one is pure gold too.

I still see one it's just with Minshew instead of Foles

(03-03-2020, 10:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bump.

Foles and his wife lost the baby and then he gets injured in the first quarter week 1.  None of that could of had nothing to do with it right?     I was wrong on Foles.
FTFY.

(03-03-2020, 04:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still see one it's just with Minshew instead of Foles

Foles and his wife lost the baby and then he gets injured in the first quarter week 1.  None of that could of had nothing to do with it right?     I was wrong on Foles.
FTFY.

Naw, I still think Foles can be much better than what he showed. On top of losing their child and out for half of the season during to injury, I definitely thought the oline would be better than the 28th best unit.  The oline is what I was wrong on.   Almost every QB would of failed behind that oline and TE group.

(03-03-2020, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 04:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: FTFY.

Naw, I still think Foles can be much better than what he showed. On top of losing their child and out for half of the season during to injury, I definitely thought the oline would be better than the 28th best unit.  The oline is what I was wrong on.   Almost every QB would of failed behind that oline and TE group.
*Have

Minshew went 6-6. Foles was bad dude. Flat out.