Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Costco was a madhouse today. I left without buying anything. Lines at least an hour long at the checkout.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2020, 12:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Costco was a madhouse today.  I left without buying anything.  Lines at least an hour long at the checkout.

I got what I needed at 5am at wal-mart in St. Augustine this morning
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(03-13-2020, 11:17 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:01 AM)TJBender Wrote: The virus emerged from a city with one of the largest virology labs in the world--a lab run by a government that has demonstrated that they don't really care much for the rules. I have very little doubt that this was engineered there, and not too much doubt that it was intentionally released into the marketplace where it's thought to have initially spread. And if it is ever proven that it was engineered and intentionally released, well, that's cause for a response on a global scale that's a little more harsh than a slap on the wrist and a tariff. As far as I'm concerned, anyway.

Is it the AIDS/HIV of the flu that will never be cured?  An infected individual will have to constantly battle on and off high fever spikes and difficulty breathing.  Eventually losing the battle to death.

No. The point of biological warfare isn't a long-term kill. It's a short-term kill, and coronavirus has proven its ability to do that.

(03-13-2020, 11:01 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 09:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Did Trump fire the pandemic response team and did he cut funding to the CDC?

I'm more interested to see if Politifact determines whether or not he suppressed aggressive testing in January out concerns regarding threats to his reelection campaign - as was stated by the (likely soon-to-be-former) HHS Secretary Alex Azar. 

https://twitter.com/nprfreshair/status/1...9690429440

Trump didn't want those poor folks on that cruise ship to disembark on U.S. soil because it would spike the number of infected people here, thus making him look bad.

If you'll notice, every administration spokesperson makes sure they flatter the POTUS as much as possible when giving status updates.

What a [BLEEP] train wreck.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I just got on my cruise ship... Looks like I'll have the place to myself!

going to be pretty hard to catch something when there's no one else around...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-13-2020, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just got on my cruise ship... Looks like I'll have the place to myself!

Have a great time!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Dudes, it's getting crazy out there. Like in the movies. Walmart is out of toliet paper.

(03-13-2020, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just got on my cruise ship... Looks like I'll have the place to myself!

Laughing

Have a great trip.

I'm playing golf on Sunday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-13-2020, 01:43 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm playing golf on Sunday.

I'm going drinking at EPCOT tomorrow!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The idiot’s guide to coronavirus from an emergency physician
Rada Jones, MD | Conditions | March 9, 2020

1. Take it easy. The worst part of all this is the fear. More people die from the flu, car accidents, or guns. As of Saturday, March 7th, 19 Americans had died from COVID-19, compared to 1,177 every week from the flu, 746 from car crashes, and 294 from gunshots.
2. Wash your hands like your life depends on it. Because it does. Not only for Corona, but for the many germs you’ll acquire from touching elevator buttons, doorknobs, or somebody else’s hand. Or the dirtiest thing on earth: money: Everybody handles it, and nobody washes it. Except for the mob. And me, when I forget it in my pockets.
3. Stay home if you’re sick. Same with your children.
4. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces: Shared pens. Door handles. Water taps and toilet flushes.
5. Avoid meetings and crowded spaces, especially those hard to leave from, like planes, conferences, and churches.
6. If you want to chill with your friends, go outside: go skiing, hiking or skating rather than bowling, clubbing or the movies. More fresh air and fewer germs.
7. Cough and sneeze in your elbow or shoulder or in a tissue, not in your hand.
8. Stay away from those who sneeze, cough, or look sick.
9. Vaccinate. There’s no vaccine for Corona yet, I know. Still, more people have died from flu this year than they did from Corona all over the world.
10. If you have a fever and body aches, take Motrin or Tylenol, stay home and call your doctor.
11. Don’t touch your face or pick your nose. It only contains what it always does, boogers. But if you must, at least wash your hands first. And after.
12. Keep well hydrated with water, Gatorade, or the fluid of your choice. Note: Corona beer isn’t named after the virus, isn’t infused with it, and it won’t give you the disease. Unless you share the bottle with somebody who’s sick.
13. Remember that, unless you’re old and ill, you’ll likely recover fully, even if you catch it. Better odds than for bike crashes, bad investments, and fights with your spouse.
14. Make sure you have advanced directives. This isn’t about Corona. It’s about being prepared and in control of your life no matter what happens.
15. Rest, relax, and live healthily. Stress, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, and poor hygiene will weaken your immune system. Get enough sleep, eat well, and wash your hands. Again.

Don’t: 
1. Don’t shake hands. You don’t know where their hands have been, and you don’t want to get whatever they acquired there. Smile instead.
2. Don’t eat, drink or scratch your face if you haven’t just washed your hands really well with water, soap, and enthusiasm. Wash them like the toilet paper was too thin.
3. Don’t visit all-you-can-eat buffets, and don’t try food samples. Remember the celebrity who licked a doughnut then put it back? She’s not the only one. Sitting by the table of a buffet dinner cured me of buffet dinners. The things people do when they think nobody’s watching will make you shudder.
4. Don’t share masks.
5. Don’t go visit grandma in the nursing home if you have the sniffles. Call her instead.
6. Don’t go to the ER unless you’re deathly ill, immunocompromised, or really bored. You’ll spend a long time there, get loads of rotten looks, get irradiated, and get a hefty bill to pay, plus everybody else’s germs. The one thing you’re unlikely to get is a straight answer since testing kits are still hard to come by.
7. Don’t eat things that aren’t supposed to be eaten. Avoid pangolin, bats, civet cats, and bush meat. Avoid socializing with them too.
8. Don’t expect a Corona vaccine before next year. Vaccines take a long time to develop, because: 1) They need to work. 2) They need to be safe. That takes time and testing.
9. Don’t have unprotected sex. Not Corona specific, other than sharing body fluids, but it’s good advice. Other viruses like HIV and Herpes, also Syphilis, Chlamydia, and their other friends are looking for a loving host. Don’t let it be you.
10. Don’t call the ER to ask if they’re busy. They’re busy. Even if they weren’t, they wouldn’t give medical advice by phone. Call your doctor, and wait for them to call back. They will, as soon as they catch up with the sick and the many worried-well.
11. Don’t rub yourself all over with garlic. That’s not for Corona, that’s for vampires. Though, if you eat raw garlic, most people are likely to keep their viruses away from you.
12. Don’t share an ice cream cone, water bottles, or cutlery. Don’t let people taste your food, and don’t try theirs, no matter how good it looks.
13. Don’t drink bleach. It won’t help. Unless you inhale it, bleach goes to your stomach, while the virus targets your lungs. It will hurt, A LOT, as it burns your throat.
14. Don’t believe all the stuff you read on social media. Misinformation has become an infodemic.
15. Don’t share it either. Prayer is good for the soul, but it’s unlikely to destroy the virus. Corona is not a hoax, a democratic ploy, or a biological weapon released by the Chinese. It’s not invented by vaccine companies to make money. Otherwise, they’d sell it to you now. Elderberry, vitamins of any persuasion, or getting exorcised are unlikely to help. Wash your hands.

(03-13-2020, 01:37 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dudes, it's getting crazy out there. Like in the movies.  Walmart is out of toliet paper.

Last night I told my wife maybe we need to go to Costco to stock up on toilet paper.  She took me over to the closet, and showed me 2 cases of toilet paper she had bought from Costco.  It was on sale 2 weeks ago, she says.  God bless her.

Can we have our like button back now?

(03-13-2020, 02:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 01:37 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dudes, it's getting crazy out there. Like in the movies.  Walmart is out of toliet paper.

Last night I told my wife maybe we need to go to Costco to stock up on toilet paper.  She took me over to the closet, and showed me 2 cases of toilet paper she had bought from Costco.  It was on sale 2 weeks ago, she says.  God bless her.

But now it's no longer a secret.  You'll have to venture out for more ammo to defend the TP stash.

Seriously, it is getting rather panicky out there.  Be safe, people.  Stock up on pet food, too.  You might see shorter lines in a PetSmart or other specialty store.

(03-13-2020, 03:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Can we have our like button back now?

We never had a like button. A like button would have probably produced a lot less trouble and bad feelings than the thing we used to have...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-13-2020, 03:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 02:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Last night I told my wife maybe we need to go to Costco to stock up on toilet paper.  She took me over to the closet, and showed me 2 cases of toilet paper she had bought from Costco.  It was on sale 2 weeks ago, she says.  God bless her.

But now it's no longer a secret.  You'll have to venture out for more ammo to defend the TP stash.

Seriously, it is getting rather panicky out there.  Be safe, people.  Stock up on pet food, too.  You might see shorter lines in a PetSmart or other specialty store.

I was there this morning. The lines looked terrible, but they were much faster than they looked. I think in 15 minutes the lines went from all the way to the back of the store to almost non-existent. This was around 10:30, after the first wave of shoppers arrived. 

I would also like our like button back. It annoys me it's gone. When I used to make detailed posts, I would get a +1, so even if people didn't reply, I could see if it was useful. Now, if people don't respond directly, it's like talking into the wind.

(03-13-2020, 03:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 03:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: Can we have our like button back now?

We never had a like button. A like button would have probably produced a lot less trouble and bad feelings than the thing we used to have...

Mikesez running total now at -45,876.

This corporate Nascar presidential press conference has been reassuring.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(03-13-2020, 03:53 PM)Gabe Wrote: This corporate Nascar presidential press conference has been reassuring.

Watching now.  Smart political move, inviting all the big corporate CEO's to the White House for a little free live TV exposure.  This has GOT to be driving the Biden insane!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Stock Market about to jump up 10,000 points