Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we re-sign Fowler?

(03-18-2020, 10:08 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 09:43 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Michael Brockers is so good at rushing the passer he only got 3 sacks
Clay Matthews who is 33

Yan was playing with Calais and J. Allen both pro bowlers. 
Also had Calais and Malik in 2017. 
If you are gonna put Brockers I can also say Calais and Dareus in 2018.

It is kinda funny how Yan is so elite that he has only lead his own team once in sacks and that was in his rookie year LOL
Look bro, learn the rules of jag fandom before commenting lol.  If you outplay ur team competition in one year even if getting more pt, your the next best rising star.  Who cares if Fowler showed up in the playoffs where stars are truly born.  Who cares if we had a stacked d line n secondary and yann didnt put up the numbers that elite players should in the scheme.  Who cares if Fowler did more with equal talent when played at his right position.  Your a jags fan so act like it and keep reminiscing on the past greatness a player showed to make u feel right.  

Have u been awake or in a coma through the Foles debate last year smh lol.

Pretty much lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-18-2020, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: People that can't see that Yannick gets pressure consistently by beating Left Tackles one on one, opposed to Fowler getting pressure inconsistently via stunts or being unblocked are very special folks.

I can see that and still dont understand the love he gets here.  Its ironic that when people talk about sacks and getting to the QB, others think that me an the other side of the debate dont get how it happens,  If Yann is beating his man one on one and getting back there then he should be getting sacks.  I mean pressures are good but iirc, that was the knock on fowler when he did it.  It was he always gets back there but never puts a hand on the qb or is just missing him by a finger tip.  yann does it and is heralded because of this.  I guess i just need to learn the flow of the curve on player infatuation.  If i know who is in praise mode and who is in hate mode then i can fairly assess what the numbers mean.  I kind of assumed it was on the Yannick up tick with the comments about him on here but ya'll continue on.  I'll be here all year and next offseason to see whether any changes happen or if we are still making excuses.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-18-2020, 10:38 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: People that can't see that Yannick gets pressure consistently by beating Left Tackles one on one, opposed to Fowler getting pressure inconsistently via stunts or being unblocked are very special folks.

I can see that and still dont understand the love he gets here.  Its ironic that when people talk about sacks and getting to the QB, others think that me an the other side of the debate dont get how it happens,  If Yann is beating his man one on one and getting back there then he should be getting sacks.  I mean pressures are good but iirc, that was the knock on fowler when he did it.  It was he always gets back there but never puts a hand on the qb or is just missing him by a finger tip.  yann does it and is heralded because of this.  I guess i just need to learn the flow of the curve on player infatuation.  If i know who is in praise mode and who is in hate mode then i can fairly assess what the numbers mean.  I kind of assumed it was on the Yannick up tick with the comments about him on here but ya'll continue on.  I'll be here all year and next offseason to see whether any changes happen or if we are still making excuses.

Yeah.

You are indeed very confused and you don't recall correctly. 

Discounting consistent pressure and disruption is the calling card of blinding bias in this debate. You can't discount these things when evaluating this position. It would be like looking at INT numbers for CBs but ignoring completion percentage and passses defensed. It's absolutely asinine. 

This has nothing to do with "player infatuation."  I was one of Yan's biggest fans, but it's incredibly difficult to feel that way now. Dude doesn't want to be here.  I just think it's glaringly obvious as [BLEEP] that he can beat a tackle one on one a metric [BLEEP] ton better than Dante Fowler can.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 11:00 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-18-2020, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 10:38 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I can see that and still dont understand the love he gets here.  Its ironic that when people talk about sacks and getting to the QB, others think that me an the other side of the debate dont get how it happens,  If Yann is beating his man one on one and getting back there then he should be getting sacks.  I mean pressures are good but iirc, that was the knock on fowler when he did it.  It was he always gets back there but never puts a hand on the qb or is just missing him by a finger tip.  yann does it and is heralded because of this.  I guess i just need to learn the flow of the curve on player infatuation.  If i know who is in praise mode and who is in hate mode then i can fairly assess what the numbers mean.  I kind of assumed it was on the Yannick up tick with the comments about him on here but ya'll continue on.  I'll be here all year and next offseason to see whether any changes happen or if we are still making excuses.

Yeah.

Discounting consistent pressure and disruption is the calling card of blinding bias in this debate. You can't discount these things when evaluating this position. It would be like looking at INT numbers for CBs and ignoring completion percentage and passses defensed. It's absolutely asinine. 

This has nothing to do with "player infatuation."  I was one of Yan's biggest fans, but it's incredibly difficult to feel that way now. Dude doesn't want to be here.  I just think it's glaringly obvious as [BLEEP] that he can beat a tackle one on one a metric [BLEEP] ton better than Dante Fowler can.

So funny.

Is that why the Patriots put 2 guys on Fowler multiple times in the AFCC? and Fowler still got his 2 sacks.
Yan couldn't beat his man once, not even to register a tackle hahahahahaha

"opposed to Fowler getting pressure inconsistently via stunts or being unblocked are very special folks" you are so right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MefNJBxgXm8&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iCMqolanyU

(03-18-2020, 11:00 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah.

Discounting consistent pressure and disruption is the calling card of blinding bias in this debate. You can't discount these things when evaluating this position. It would be like looking at INT numbers for CBs and ignoring completion percentage and passses defensed. It's absolutely asinine. 

So funny.

Is that why the Patriots put 2 guys on Fowler multiple times in the AFCC? and Fowler still got his 2 sacks.

"opposed to Fowler getting pressure inconsistently via stunts or being unblocked are very special folks" you are so right

Yes. Yes, I am right. Thank you.

Also, you should probably research the word "consistently."

(03-18-2020, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:00 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So funny.

Yes. Yes, I am right. Thank you.

Lame, even for you. 

I love the no answer for the AFCC game <3

(03-18-2020, 11:17 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes. Yes, I am right. Thank you.

Lame, even for you. 

Seriously. A dictionary. Find one.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 11:28 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-18-2020, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:17 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Lame, even for you. 

Seriously. A dictionary. Find one.

Still nothing? Sad

Consistently Fowler has put pressure in playoff gameS. Yan has been unable to do that. 11.5 sacks in a season is not consitent at all yet 8 sacks is elite and constant pressure hahahahha

(03-18-2020, 11:26 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Seriously. A dictionary. Find one.

Still nothing? Sad

Consistently Fowler has put pressure in playoff gameS. Yan has been unable to do that. 11.5 in a season is not consitent at all yet 8 sacks is elite hahahahha

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/

(03-18-2020, 11:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:26 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Still nothing? Sad

Consistently Fowler has put pressure in playoff gameS. Yan has been unable to do that. 11.5 in a season is not consitent at all yet 8 sacks is elite hahahahha

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/

Nothing?? too bad.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 11:41 AM by Upper.)

As I shared earlier, whoever pays Fowler to be a premier piece of their pass rush is going to be sorely disappointed:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1237092627494973442

(03-18-2020, 09:43 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 04:27 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: No.
Sure he was good last season...but he was playing next to Aaron Donald, Brockers and Clay Matthews.
We dont have this kind of Dline in Jax and he will be probably exposed.

Oh and I hate to bring back ex-players. It rarely works.

Michael Brockers is so good at rushing the passer he only got 3 sacks
Clay Matthews who is 33

It is kinda funny how Yan is so elite that he has only lead his own team once in sacks and that was in his rookie year LOL

You don't even know what you are talking about.

Clay is 33 yo ? Who cares, he still has it, 8 sacks last season in 13 games.
Brockers has never been a pass rusher, he is an elite run stopper DT. That's why Donald and Brockers were an elite Dline last season. Teams were focused on those guys instead of your boy. 

Yan is a playmaker while Fowler is an opportunist. Nothing bad about it, but playmakers are more important.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 12:01 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-18-2020, 11:53 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 09:43 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Michael Brockers is so good at rushing the passer he only got 3 sacks
Clay Matthews who is 33

You don't even know what you are talking about.

Clay is 33 yo ? Who cares, he still has it, 8 sacks last season in 13 games. He is better than Yan then ahahahahahahahahaha
Brockers has never been a pass rusher, he is an elite run stopper DT. That's why Donald and Brockers were an elite Dline last season. Teams were focused on those guys instead of your boy. Hahahaha sure, if you say so. Again, I could say the same thing, teams were focused on Calais and Allen, both pro bowl players. What's your excuse for the Patriots giving more attention to Fowler in the AFCC game? yet Fowler got 2 sacks Yan didn't even get a tackle lol

Yan is a playmaker while Fowler is an opportunist.
Nothing bad about it, but playmakers are more important.

Yan a playmaker lol, playmakers get paid in the free agency, nobody is offering Yan more than what the Jags are offering haha.

Look at Yan sacks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ExMdU0PcRA vs the Jets backup, vs Titans backup and even though is not on the video pretty sure he got one vs the Raiders backup hahahaha dude is so elite

(03-18-2020, 11:40 AM)Upper Wrote: As I shared earlier, whoever pays Fowler to be a premier piece of their pass rush is going to be sorely disappointed:

Yep. 

Line up Fowler vs any LT you choose in the league and count his pressures. 
Now do the same with Ngakoue vs the same tackle...

I'll bet damn near anything Ngakoue has a much  higher pressure percentage.

Alas, it looks like the whole damn thing may be moot for Jags fans as we may end up without the services of either. 
I sure hope Yan comes around to playing on the tag or taking a deal.

(03-18-2020, 12:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yep. 

Line up Fowler vs any LT you choose in the league and count his pressures. 
Now do the same with Ngakoue vs the same tackle...

I'll bet damn near anything Ngakoue has a much  higher pressure percentage.

I don't know how anyone who has ever watched the two of them could come up with any other conclusion.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 01:31 PM by TearExtractor.)

(03-18-2020, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Discounting consistent pressure and disruption is the calling card of blinding bias in this debate.

You just described a certain low iq poster here to perfection. The best part, he knows exactly who he is. 

"ReMeMbEr ThIS OnE GaMe OuT Of 6000 tHaT pRoveS mE rIgHt HuEHuEhUe"  Laughing

Signed in the ATL
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 04:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Fowler to Atlanta

Falcons get rid of Beasley and upgrade with Fowler. Lol Upper

(03-18-2020, 11:40 AM)Upper Wrote: As I shared earlier, whoever pays Fowler to be a premier piece of their pass rush is going to be sorely disappointed:

This is why I am a fan of game logs. All of his sacks came against teams that finished in the bottom of pass protection last year. Only exception being San Francisco. Showed up in week one against a beat up Cam Newton and 18th worst ranked Panthers. He feasted on the 27th worst ranked Seahawks. The 24th worst ranked Falcons. Managed 1 sack in 2 games against the 22nd worst ranked Cardinals. Then had a sack and a half against the Bengals. 

All of that with Aaron Donald & Michael Brockers commanding the most attention on that front four.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-18-2020, 04:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

This is why I am a fan of game logs. All of his sacks came against teams that finished in the bottom of pass protection last year. Only exception being San Francisco. Showed up in week one against a beat up Cam Newton and 18th worst ranked Panthers. He feasted on the 27th worst ranked Seahawks. The 24th worst ranked Falcons. Managed 1 sack in 2 games against the 22nd worst ranked Cardinals. Then had a sack and a half against the Bengals. 

All of that with Aaron Donald & Michael Brockers commanding the most attention on that front four.

Ngakue

2 sacks vs the Panthers 
2 sacks vs the Jets (vs a backup lol)
1 sack vs Indy
1 sack vs Tenn (vs a backup again)
2  sacks vs Oakland (vs a backup)

Such consistency... his sacks came in a total of 5 games out of the 15 he played in haha