Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

I am hoping we draft one of the top 3 WRs, even if they aren't major needs. I don't know why, I just really like them.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 10:58 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-25-2020, 09:58 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 11:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont see Winfield being there in the 2nd.  I'd honestly be ok with him at 20 depending on who is available and I think he will be the 1st safety taken and will be drafted in the 20s

You think he goes before McKinney?
I still like McKinney a lil more, but they are essentially the same player. Interchangeable at both safety spots. And depending on what happens at 9 and in the rest of FA I wouldn't be mad with either at 20 probably. But would be ecstatic with either at the top of round 2

Yes i do, they arent the same player though.  McKinney is the best SS in the draft imo and well rounded.  Winfield has the range that cant make from one side of the field to the other and a guy I would play deep single high and you could bring him down at times as he is a good tackler.  Mckinney i dont think has the speed you want in your FS and is at his best when he plays in the box and around the line of scrimmage.  Mckinney would be good up against TEs though and i do fell will be a great SS.  I like Delpit as well at FS with his range and wouldnt want to play him around the line of scrimmage a ton, kind of the opposite of Mckinney. I guess it all depends on what type of safety you want

(03-25-2020, 10:15 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 09:58 AM)Kane Wrote: You think he goes before McKinney?
I still like McKinney a lil more, but they are essentially the same player. Interchangeable at both safety spots. And depending on what happens at 9 and in the rest of FA I wouldn't be mad with either at 20 probably. But would be ecstatic with either at the top of round 2

Kiper's latest has the Jags taking Winfield at 20.

Who did he have us taking at 9?  Depending on how the draft fell, I wouldnt be upset taking Winfield or Delpit at 20 because both will probably be gone with our 3rd pick.

I think Delpit will be there in the 2nd. I think Delpit might be there in the 3rd.

(03-29-2020, 11:03 AM)Upper Wrote: I think Delpit will be there in the 2nd. I think Delpit might be there in the 3rd.

Delpit definitely wont be there in the 3rd with his range and production.  Any of the safties could be there in the 2nd but its a risk if you like one of them

(03-29-2020, 11:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:03 AM)Upper Wrote: I think Delpit will be there in the 2nd. I think Delpit might be there in the 3rd.

Delpit definitely wont be there in the 3rd with his range and production.  Any of the safties could be there in the 2nd but its a risk if you like one of them

His 2018 production was first round level. His 2019 production was UDFA level. That could easily balance into him going in the 50-100 range. He's not a top 5 safety on a lot of front offices boards. Obviously it only takes one but I wouldn't make such definitive statements as you did.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status...9028571143

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 12:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-29-2020, 11:45 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Delpit definitely wont be there in the 3rd with his range and production.  Any of the safties could be there in the 2nd but its a risk if you like one of them

His 2018 production was first round level. His 2019 production was UDFA level. That could easily balance into him going in the 50-100 range. He's not a top 5 safety on a lot of front offices boards. Obviously it only takes one but I wouldn't make such definitive statements as you did.

lmao, he was the Thorpe Award winner.  That award goes to the best secondary player in the country.  Can we see these boards you speak of? Funny you think a real NFL GM is really gonna tell some wanna be scout who he thinks would go first

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 12:41 PM by JackCity.)

(03-29-2020, 11:45 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Delpit definitely wont be there in the 3rd with his range and production.  Any of the safties could be there in the 2nd but its a risk if you like one of them

Source for him not being a top 5 safety on a lot of teams boards? 

Also Matt Miller lol

Delpit showed everything you need from a modern safety in 2018 then regressed in 2019 while dealing with an injury. It'd be pretty foolish to drop him off the top 5 on your board for two small schoolers who project as box safety/big nickels in the NFL

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 02:06 PM by MikePete54.)

9-   Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
20- Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina
42- Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
73- Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
116- Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin
137- Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
140- Lamical Perine, RB, Florida
165- Mykal Walker, LB, Fresno State
170- Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt
189- Omar Bayless, WR, Arkansas State
206- Trevon Hill, EDGE, Miami
223- Jauan Jennings, WR, Tennessee

(03-29-2020, 12:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:45 AM)Upper Wrote: His 2018 production was first round level. His 2019 production was UDFA level. That could easily balance into him going in the 50-100 range. He's not a top 5 safety on a lot of front offices boards. Obviously it only takes one but I wouldn't make such definitive statements as you did.

Source for him not being a top 5 safety on a lot of teams boards? 

Also Matt Miller lol

Delpit showed everything you need from a modern safety in 2018 then regressed in 2019 while dealing with an injury. It'd be pretty foolish to drop him off the top 5 on your board for two small schoolers who project as box safety/big nickels in the NFL

Knock Miller all you want for his evaluations, but he has sources.

(03-28-2020, 04:32 PM)Dimson Wrote: I am hoping we draft one of the top 3 WRs, even if they aren't major needs. I don't know why, I just really like them.

Yessir I like the cut of your gib.

I guarantee Delpit will be gone by the end of the 2nd round.

Hell, he's probably going to be gone by the beginning of the 2nd.

(03-29-2020, 07:16 PM)enigma Wrote: I guarantee Delpit will be gone by the end of the 2nd round.

Hell, he's probably going to be gone by the beginning of the 2nd.

Agree. He's got a late of tape out there showing exactly what pro teams would look for in a safety. There will be a lot of teams willing to overlook the flaws in his game.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 06:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Delpit and Winfield Jr. , either guy is who I want with our 2nd pick round. Winfield if my top guy and if he is gone I want Delpit, I hope one will be there

(03-29-2020, 03:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 12:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: Source for him not being a top 5 safety on a lot of teams boards? 

Also Matt Miller lol

Knock Miller all you want for his evaluations, but he has sources.

He's pretty well known for inventing all of his "I texted a GM" posts. He doesn't talk to GMs, he talks to scouting assistants and interns, and gets clowned regularly for it. 

Where is your source for him not being a top 5 safety on a lot of boards?

(03-29-2020, 02:05 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: 9-   Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

I don't like not taking a flashy game changer, but you build from the trenches out right? That would be a really really solid draft

(03-27-2020, 03:51 PM)enigma Wrote: So this will stir up some potential controversy with the how my latest mock draft worked out. Check it out:

Pick 9: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
Pick 20: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Pick 42: Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Pick 73: Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
Pick 116: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia
Pick 137: Leki Fotu, DL/DT, Utah
Pick 140: Hakeem Adeniji, OT, Kansas
Pick 165: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida
Pick 170: Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska
Pick 189: Tyler Clark, DL/DT, Georgia
Pick 206: Michael Divinity Jr., DE/LB, LSU
Pick 223: Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida

Decided to choose Ruggs at #9 to see how things shook out and to my surprise Jeudy was available at #20 - so I went ahead and took him there to go all out on our offensive attack and support our QB ala the Chiefs. If Delpit is at 42, I'm taking him there 100% of the time. And from there, I think the majority of my picks lined up with good value and player projection. Divinity is someone who I'm not too incredibly fond of but decided to take a shot at #206. Wilcox at #223 since TE isn't a pressing need anymore, plus I'm expecting Oliver to emerge and make solid impact along with Eifert (if healthy).

I don't have enough alcohol at the house to handle that first round. Friday would begin with a costco run to restock. If we come home with one of those guys, great, but holy farts we still leave a ton of talent on the board and I don't know that all that draft capital spent on one position yields much results, especially when Chark comes due for a new deal.

I would be interested in some of the names you passed on especially at 20. You're right that value is great for Jeudy there, but I think the best move for us to make would be to shop that pick to someone who wants to jump a few spots to take him, and maybe add another pick or two in this darft or the next.

I can't help but have a sneaking suspicion that Wills is Cam 2.0.  Regardless I'd be happy if the early picks fell this way. Might suggest a DB to replace one of the later WR, as either way most of their time is going to be spent on ST and I don't see 3 WR unseating the WR we already have rostered.  Chark, Westbrook, Conley are safe, and maybe even Cole.

(03-30-2020, 10:06 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I can't help but have a sneaking suspicion that Wills is Cam 2.0.  Regardless I'd be happy if the early picks fell this way. Might suggest a DB to replace one of the later WR, as either way most of their time is going to be spent on ST and I don't see 3 WR unseating the WR we already have rostered.  Chark, Westbrook, Conley are safe, and maybe even Cole.

While I agree with you (about the DB), I feel like we need more depth at the WR position. 
We know how fragile Marqise is (and he could be cut after the draft)
Cole still has a lot to prove, same with Westbrook.  

I was looking for more Oline depth too, but it's not that easy in the last two rounds lol.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 10:50 AM by JagJohn.)

So my buddy back in the UK is doing the NFLUK mock draft as the Jags. He's actually a Ravens fan, so he's been asking me for advice on the Jags picks (some of which he's followed, some of which he's totally ignored lol).

He's just made our 3rd round pick. How would you grade his draft so far?

1.09 - OT Jedrick Wills
1.20 - CB Kristian Fulton
2.10 - WR KJ Hamler
3.09 - DT Justin Madubuike

Here's the link so you can see who was gone/available at each pick: https://twitter.com/NFLUKMock

Personally, I think the draft didn't fall particularly well for the Jags, but he did a decent job improving both sides of the ball. Fine with Wills at 9. Fulton at 20 will cause some debate but I think he'll be a good pro and a #1 corner. KJ Hamler adds an extra dynamic to our passing game (I think he's being massively overlooked due to no official 40 time, it could have been sub 4.3). Madubuike is a steal in the 3rd.

Overall I'd say B+. What say you?

(03-30-2020, 10:49 AM)JagJohn Wrote: So my buddy back in the UK is doing the NFLUK mock draft as the Jags. He's actually a Ravens fan, so he's been asking me for advice on the Jags picks (some of which he's followed, some of which he's totally ignored lol).

He's just made our 3rd round pick. How would you grade his draft so far?

1.09 - OT Jedrick Wills
1.20 - CB Kristian Fulton
2.10 - WR KJ Hamler
3.09 - DT Justin Madubuike

Here's the link so you can see who was gone/available at each pick: https://twitter.com/NFLUKMock

Personally, I think the draft didn't fall particularly well for the Jags, but he did a decent job improving both sides of the ball. Fine with Wills at 9. Fulton at 20 will cause some debate but I think he'll be a good pro and a #1 corner. KJ Hamler adds an extra dynamic to our passing game (I think he's being massively overlooked due to no official 40 time, it could have been sub 4.3). Madubuike is a steal in the 3rd.

Overall I'd say B+. What say you?

Don't like Fulton and Willis is meh to me, i would say a C+