Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 05:47 PM by Gabe.)

(04-01-2020, 05:22 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: the early pages of this thread are pretty funny to look back at

You call it funny...I call it sad.

43 States have less than 100 deaths
48 states have less than 10,000 cases
There are 320,000,000 Americans, 4,700ish dead

We have shut down the world's greatest economy and plan to keep adding trillions to our debt to prop it up. Something isn't adding up....

Trump is already setting the stage to take credit for anything less than 200,000 deaths (as a success) before this thing is over, so there's that. 

That damn distracting, paralyzing impeachment, AMIRITE???
I'll play you in ping pong. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2020, 05:41 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Why do you consider this unfortunate? If you don't want to go to work then quit.

That’s a bit harsh, don’t ya think?
That was my initial thinking but I believe he misunderstood jag saying he would need to return to commuting to work after his mandatory quarantine period because he is considered essential.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:22 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You call it funny...I call it sad.

We have shut down the world's greatest economy and plan to keep adding trillions to our debt to prop it up. Something isn't adding up....

Trump is already setting the stage to take credit for anything less than 200,000 deaths (as a success) before this thing is over, so there's that. 

You've got to cut the guy some slack. He was legit distracted from doing his job well, because he was under investigation for not doing his job well.

(04-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:22 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You call it funny...I call it sad.

Really, I don't give a [BLEEP] about what you think Trump is trying to claim. How this escalated and where we sit today makes zero sense when you throw personal political points of view aside.

(04-01-2020, 05:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Gabe Wrote: Trump is already setting the stage to take credit for anything less than 200,000 deaths (as a success) before this thing is over, so there's that. 

Really, I don't give a [BLEEP] about what you think Trump is trying to claim. How this escalated and where we sit today makes zero sense when you throw personal political points of view aside.

Which part doesn't make sense? The infection rate? The government's response?

I’m just a dumb lawn guy and I am deemed “essential”. I’m sure that is because of the elderly and those that are physically unable to do their own lawn. The other people, we are a luxury. However, the “other” people makes up the majority of our business. I feel really fortunate to still go out and make some money for not just myself but my family, employees and their families. I also feel really fortunate that I can get out of my damn house!!

Side note: lawn guys get no respect , and trust me, I get it. Some companies hire some real characters. None of which will ever see the inside of my truck. But since we’re now considered “essential” (eye roll) we’ve let that go to our heads. Finally! We get the respect we deserve!! Lol. I just ordered new uniforms, but I may have to change them to just say “I’m essential” Smile it’s a good thing they didn’t number the list of essentials. If they did, I’m sure a lot of doctors would be super pissed at how important I was.

Just happy to have a job here. Wishing you all the best. Stay safe, all.

(04-01-2020, 05:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Gabe Wrote: Trump is already setting the stage to take credit for anything less than 200,000 deaths (as a success) before this thing is over, so there's that. 

You seem like you'd be a blast to be around at parties.  

Did you forget what forum in which you're posting?
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-01-2020, 06:03 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Really, I don't give a [BLEEP] about what you think Trump is trying to claim. How this escalated and where we sit today makes zero sense when you throw personal political points of view aside.

You must be the guy that told me the same thing not long ago.  And you’d be right.  

I do see Trump taking credit for some things.  I support him and will filter out what he did vs what others did.  So far, the only thing I can say negative is in today’s Covid briefing he sounded just like a robot.  It was towards the beginning and kinda funny.  If I knew how to cut it up and post that part I would.  But hey, the guy is reading not from a teleprompter but from notes/speech.  I couldn’t do any better.  But hey, not everyone can be an amazing public speaker.

(04-01-2020, 06:03 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Really, I don't give a [BLEEP] about what you think Trump is trying to claim. How this escalated and where we sit today makes zero sense when you throw personal political points of view aside.

I'm not into dudes. But anyways... Did you forget how to actually respond with something on the topic or are you tired of yelling at the wife and dog?

(04-01-2020, 05:41 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Why do you consider this unfortunate? If you don't want to go to work then quit.

That’s a bit harsh, don’t ya think?

(04-01-2020, 05:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:41 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s a bit harsh, don’t ya think?
That was my initial thinking but I believe he misunderstood jag saying he would need to return to commuting to work after his mandatory quarantine period because he is considered essential.

It's no big deal.  I don't want to be at work NOT because I don't like my job, it's out of concern for people that I work with and those that our "customers" might come in contact with.  I happen to work very closely with the military (ours as well as foreign governments) as well as other federal agencies such as Customs/Border Patrol, NASA, FEMA, etc.  The spaces that we operate and maintain are small closed-in spaces that hold a considerable number of people in a very confined space (unable to practice social distancing).

I personally am not afraid to get the virus, my fear is me getting it and spreading it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-01-2020, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Which part doesn't make sense? The infection rate? The government's response?
Feel free to go back and read previous post for context.

(04-01-2020, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m just a dumb lawn guy and I am deemed “essential”.  I’m sure that is because of the elderly and those that are physically unable to do their own lawn.  The other people, we are a luxury.  However, the “other” people makes up the majority of our business.  I feel really fortunate to still go out and make some money for not just myself but my family, employees and their families.  I also feel really fortunate that I can get out of my damn house!!  

Side note: lawn guys get no respect , and trust me, I get it.  Some companies hire some real characters.  None of which will ever see the inside of my truck.  But since we’re now considered “essential” (eye roll) we’ve let that go to our heads. Finally! We get the respect we deserve!! Lol.  I just ordered new uniforms, but I may have to change them to just say “I’m essential” Smile  it’s a good thing they didn’t number the list of essentials.  If they did, I’m sure a lot of doctors would be super pissed at how important I was.  

Just happy to have a job here.  Wishing you all the best.  Stay safe, all.

Don't ever diminish what you do or the importance of your job.  You are a small business owner and I assume from your posts that you employ a few people.  I assume that the people that work for you really need that paycheck and you are able to provide that.  People like you are the ones that should get "stimulus" dollars and help, not someone like me.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-01-2020, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

(04-01-2020, 05:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote: That was my initial thinking but I believe he misunderstood jag saying he would need to return to commuting to work after his mandatory quarantine period because he is considered essential.

It's no big deal.  I don't want to be at work NOT because I don't like my job, it's out of concern for people that I work with and those that our "customers" might come in contact with.  I happen to work very closely with the military (ours as well as foreign governments) as well as other federal agencies such as Customs/Border Patrol, NASA, FEMA, etc.  The spaces that we operate and maintain are small closed-in spaces that hold a considerable number of people in a very confined space (unable to practice social distancing).

I personally am not afraid to get the virus, my fear is me getting it and spreading it.
We've been operating pretty much business as usual with exception to retired, dependents, and non-essential. As a heavy operational entity, we don't typically allow at-home quarantine. We've relegated a certain portion of the base to those in mandatory quarantine after returning from certain missions. I know what you mean by close proximity. With all the fear in the air, you'd have to believe this location would have no people to operate by now.

(04-01-2020, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

(04-01-2020, 05:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote: That was my initial thinking but I believe he misunderstood jag saying he would need to return to commuting to work after his mandatory quarantine period because he is considered essential.

Did you ever get tested? I know you self quarantined.   Was it Covid or just the flu/other?

(04-01-2020, 06:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m just a dumb lawn guy and I am deemed “essential”.  I’m sure that is because of the elderly and those that are physically unable to do their own lawn.  The other people, we are a luxury.  However, the “other” people makes up the majority of our business.  I feel really fortunate to still go out and make some money for not just myself but my family, employees and their families.  I also feel really fortunate that I can get out of my damn house!!  

Side note: lawn guys get no respect , and trust me, I get it.  Some companies hire some real characters.  None of which will ever see the inside of my truck.  But since we’re now considered “essential” (eye roll) we’ve let that go to our heads. Finally! We get the respect we deserve!! Lol.  I just ordered new uniforms, but I may have to change them to just say “I’m essential” Smile  it’s a good thing they didn’t number the list of essentials.  If they did, I’m sure a lot of doctors would be super pissed at how important I was.  

Just happy to have a job here.  Wishing you all the best.  Stay safe, all.

Don't ever diminish what you do or the importance of your job.  You are a small business owner and I assume from your posts that you employ a few people.  I assume that the people that work for you really need that paycheck and you are able to provide that.  People like you are the ones that should get "stimulus" dollars and help, not someone like me.

I can talk my job up or dumb it down.  In my line it cones  handy at times.  Bottom line, we’re just a bunch of rough and tough guys looking to make money and not afraid to earn it.  I feel it takes a different breed to WANT to do this.  It sucks.  It really does.  But the money is good, I take care of those that bust their [BLEEP] for me and make me look good. We’re no heroes.  Just some guys that aren’t office material that have good work ethic and standards.  

You are right in that my employees need that money.  I do what I can to pay at the higher end of industry standards. and routinely give them more in bonuses or just because they earned it. I try to hire the best, yet “normal/decent” people.  Those without drug or alcohol issues.  The guys that are just hard workers looking to pay for college or the family.  That comes at a price.  I could make more and pay meth heads but [BLEEP] that.   They make me look good, enjoy working with/for me.  I’m not a greedy man. My family is covered.  But they are the ones that put their bodies on the line to make the company what it is. But at the end of the day, we just made person “x” extremely happy with how nice his lawn looks, person “y” thanks for not giving me a letter from HOA and person “z” glad I don’t have to do it myself.  There’s many different clients out there. It’s important to my family as well as my employees.  We take it however it’s given. Important or not, we’re supporting our families.  And at the end of the day, that’s what really matters.  

But thank you for the words of encouragement.  

I don’t want this post to take away from the heroes of our country.  The service members (My brother, a Major in the US Army) amongst the many others, the first responders, doctors, teachers...etc.  when you put it like like, we’re nobody’s.  And we accept it proudly.

(04-01-2020, 04:55 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Why can't we just shut down EVERYTHING except hospitals and actual essential jobs for 2 weeks? Close grocery stores, hardware stores, and all the stores like them for 2 weeks. Tell people they have by the end of the week to stock up on whatever they need and once next Monday starts everything is closed. Because if everyone actually quarantines for 2 weeks then how would it spread?

Wallbash

Anyone see the issue with what we are being told and what is in this daily summary?

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/download...deaths.pdf

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 07:55 PM by Jagwired.)

(04-01-2020, 07:48 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Anyone see the issue with what we are being told and what is in this daily summary?

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/download...deaths.pdf
That is a download if it matters to you all.

I see one page. Is that what you meant to post?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 07:58 PM by RicoTx.)

I lied.  I'll comment again.  [BLEEP] idiots in this thread.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-01-2020, 12:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Small businesses could've stayed afloat just fine except for the media driven panic.

Last I checked, the media is only streaming what Trump and Dr Fauci are saying.  State & Local Reps are making decisions based on that.  If you are dissatisfied with your State and Local reps decisions, then vote them out during their next election.

The people have the power, quit complaining and act accordingly during the next election.

The media don't just report anymore and you know it. They sensationalize every damn thing. But I give you the Trump and Fauci inconsistencies don't help. Some of that comes with the nature of no one knowing much about a novel virus and most of the time it sounds like the scientific community is guessing.