Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 03:33 PM by enigma.)

(04-05-2020, 03:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:02 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I know [BLEEP] like that is going around and Dr. Fauci is getting DEATH THREATS because of it.

You call it "dissent."  I call it a bull [BLEEP] smear that is causing people to threaten a man's life.

So yeah, you made a completely prejudicial decision and then blasted the guy for sharing information that might or might not say what you think it does. The idea that we don't get to question people who are causing the destruction of our society, even if they are doing the right thing, is a pretty unAmerican idea there guy.

I hope you're not an anti-vaxxer...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 03:45 PM by The Real Marty.)

(04-05-2020, 03:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:02 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I know [BLEEP] like that is going around and Dr. Fauci is getting DEATH THREATS because of it.

You call it "dissent."  I call it a bull [BLEEP] smear that is causing people to threaten a man's life.

So yeah, you made a completely prejudicial decision and then blasted the guy for sharing information that might or might not say what you think it does. The idea that we don't get to question people who are causing the destruction of our society, even if they are doing the right thing, is a pretty unAmerican idea there guy.

I believe in free speech, but I don't think stuff like that should be published on this message board.  You have to draw the line somewhere, and what he posted is so irresponsible I would not allow it.

We're in the middle of a great national crisis, Dr Anthony Fauci is one of the people working to end this crisis, and to post stuff like that which from all reports is causing him to get death threats is completely irresponsible.  Free speech is not unlimited.  The mods have a perfect right to censor anything they want on this message board, and I hope they do in this case.

(04-05-2020, 03:31 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So yeah, you made a completely prejudicial decision and then blasted the guy for sharing information that might or might not say what you think it does. The idea that we don't get to question people who are causing the destruction of our society, even if they are doing the right thing, is a pretty unAmerican idea there guy.

I hope you're not an anti-vaxxer...

Why would you think that I am? I think we should administer vaccines in the wilds of anti-vaxxer land using blow darts.

(04-05-2020, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So yeah, you made a completely prejudicial decision and then blasted the guy for sharing information that might or might not say what you think it does. The idea that we don't get to question people who are causing the destruction of our society, even if they are doing the right thing, is a pretty unAmerican idea there guy.

I believe in free speech, but I don't think stuff like that should be published on this message board.  You have to draw the line somewhere, and what he posted is so irresponsible I would not allow it.

"I believe in free speech" is completely incompatible with "You have to draw a line somewhere", else you draw the line at "Free" speech of which you approve.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 03:49 PM by jj82284.)

(04-05-2020, 02:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 02:44 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwMLMXV6...e=youtu.be

Anybody catch this interview with Dr. Shiva?  Skip to 1:20 to avoid advertising.  It connects a lot of dots to what is really going on, including Dr. Fauci being a deep state creature with connections to Bill Gates and Hillary Clinton, the hijacking of science by certain powers, the cooking of the books on COVID-19 deaths, and 3 possible agendas behind what is happening.

It's clear, certain entities only care about deaths when those deaths can help advance their agenda.

Btw, this guy is running for US Senate in Massachusetts.  How refreshing would it be to have him over the perpetual "victim" that is Elizabeth Warren?  A real Indian running vs a fake Indian.

This is why Dr. Fauci is getting death threats- garbage like that.  You really have to be an idiot to believe stuff like that.

And I question your patriotism to post something like that.  Dr Fauci is 79 years old and he is working 19 hours a day to serve this country.  You really should be ashamed to post an absolute bull [BLEEP] smear like that.  [BLEEP] you.

There are plenty of 79 year olds working 19 hours a day.  Doesnt make them right either.  

Patriotism?  Lol.

We're in the middle of a great national crisis, Dr Anthony Fauci is one of the people working to end this crisis, and to post stuff like that which from all reports is causing him to get death threats is completely irresponsible.  Free speech is not unlimited.  The mods have a perfect right to censor anything they want on this message board, and I hope they do in this case.

No hes not.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 03:56 PM by jagfan0728.)

So you say you believe in free speech but you actually don't.  What is irresponsible, pointing out that Dr. Fauci is a member of the leadership council at the Gates Foundation and being a free thinker and questioning things?  I realize there are going to be some controversial things in the video and I'm not afraid of criticism, but it is clear you didn't even watch the video.

(04-05-2020, 03:52 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I believe in free speech, but I don't think stuff like that should be published on this message board.  You have to draw the line somewhere, and what he posted is so irresponsible I would not allow it.

So you say you believe in free speech but you actually don't.  What is irresponsible, pointing out that Dr. Fauci is a member of the leadership council at the Gates Foundation and being a free thinker and questioning things?  I realize there are going to be some controversial things in the video and I'm not afraid of criticism, but it is clear you didn't even watch the video.

You described the contents of the video, and I believed your description.  What you described is what I've read about- a conspiracy theory that is going around that is inciting some people to make death threats against Dr Anthony Fauci.  

Yes, I believe in free speech, but you should know free speech is not unlimited.  There are many examples of restrictions on free speech which are perfectly constitutional.

(04-05-2020, 03:52 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I believe in free speech, but I don't think stuff like that should be published on this message board.  You have to draw the line somewhere, and what he posted is so irresponsible I would not allow it.

Hes what?

(04-05-2020, 04:29 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:52 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: So you say you believe in free speech but you actually don't.  What is irresponsible, pointing out that Dr. Fauci is a member of the leadership council at the Gates Foundation and being a free thinker and questioning things?  I realize there are going to be some controversial things in the video and I'm not afraid of criticism, but it is clear you didn't even watch the video.

Hes what?

He's a member of the Scientific Board of the Gates Foundation.    

https://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/about/scientific-board

I'll chime in on this with my "moderator hat" on.  The user that posted the video has not broken any rules per our CoC.  There has been a report submitted that all of our moderators will get a chance to see.  In many cases we will discuss it and come up with our own solution.  If/when it comes up for discussion my vote will be to leave the post as-is.  We don't censor people's opinions even if we disagree with them.

"Taking my moderator hat off".  While I don't necessarily agree with the video, I do believe that we all have a first amendment right to freedom of expression.  There is no "drawing the line".

Watch the video (or don't) and form your own opinion.  Decide for yourself what information you want to believe and what information is false.  It's just my opinion, but if somebody chooses to act on a random video on Youtube or any other social media platform, that person is just not a very smart individual.

The bottom line is that there is no "limit" to our basic inalienable rights, and that includes freedom of expression.  "Putting my moderator hat on again".  While we will limit the freedom of expression on this message board, it's in accordance with our CoC.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 04:54 PM by jagfan0728.)

I stand corrected.  I went by what Dr. Shiva said in the video.  He did not make it clear that Dr. Fauci is a member of the leadership council of the Decade of Vaccines Collaboration established by the Gates Foundation and not the Gates Foundation itself.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Media-Ce...laboration

(04-05-2020, 04:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I'll chime in on this with my "moderator hat" on.  The user that posted the video has not broken any rules per our CoC.  There has been a report submitted that all of our moderators will get a chance to see.  In many cases we will discuss it and come up with our own solution.  If/when it comes up for discussion my vote will be to leave the post as-is.  We don't censor people's opinions even if we disagree with them.

"Taking my moderator hat off".  While I don't necessarily agree with the video, I do believe that we all have a first amendment right to freedom of expression.  There is no "drawing the line".

Watch the video (or don't) and form your own opinion.  Decide for yourself what information you want to believe and what information is false.  It's just my opinion, but if somebody chooses to act on a random video on Youtube or any other social media platform, that person is just not a very smart individual.

The bottom line is that there is no "limit" to our basic inalienable rights, and that includes freedom of expression.  "Putting my moderator hat on again".  While we will limit the freedom of expression on this message board, it's in accordance with our CoC.

+1

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-05-2020, 04:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 04:29 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Hes what?

He's a member of the Scientific Board of the Gates Foundation.    

https://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/about/scientific-board

And they just happen to fund the UW study that echoed imperial and reversed course on reopening the economy....  hmmm.  

Nothing to see here.

Here is a reasonable summary of Dr. Shiva's message for anyone who wishes to hear a voice that counters Dr. Fauci but doesn't have time to watch the entire video.

https://www.straight.com/news/republican...ol-czar-dr

(04-05-2020, 04:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:52 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: So you say you believe in free speech but you actually don't.  What is irresponsible, pointing out that Dr. Fauci is a member of the leadership council at the Gates Foundation and being a free thinker and questioning things?  I realize there are going to be some controversial things in the video and I'm not afraid of criticism, but it is clear you didn't even watch the video.

You described the contents of the video, and I believed your description.  What you described is what I've read about- a conspiracy theory that is going around that is inciting some people to make death threats against Dr Anthony Fauci.  

Yes, I believe in free speech, but you should know free speech is not unlimited.  There are many examples of restrictions on free speech which are perfectly constitutional.

I get your point, but Dr. Shiva did not call for death threats nor did I.  The people who choose to do that are responsible for their own actions.  Challenging Dr. Fauci's views and calling for his removal, like Dr. Shiva is doing, is perfectly within the realm of free speech.  You have every right to believe that it is a conspiracy theory, but I have every right to believe there may be some truth to what he says.  Neither view is as dangerous as trying to squash the free speech of someone holding the opposite view.

So Dr Fauci is now the bad guy because Trump cannot ever be questioned/blamed by you guys.

Wow.

Soon all animals, pets will need to get tested and wear masks

https://www.news4jax.com/news/national/2...ronavirus/

So, I’m bored like most everyone else. I’m outside grilling. Had a thought, googled various things. Hair will burn at 451 degrees. Hot water at 140 will kill germs. 451 is way higher than 140. If I held my hand over the coals long enough to singe and burn my hair, can we say that my hands are then sanitary? Seems logical. I even google “sanitizing hands with heat”. At that point I didn’t get the hits I was hoping for. Seems logical it’ll work. My naked hands now smell funny.

Your thoughts?

(04-05-2020, 06:34 PM)Jags Wrote: So, I’m bored like most everyone else.  I’m outside grilling.  Had a thought, googled various things.  Hair will burn at 451 degrees.  Hot water at 140 will kill germs.  451 is way higher than 140.  If I held my hand over the coals long enough to singe and burn my hair, can we say that my hands are then sanitary?  Seems logical.  I even google “sanitizing hands with heat”.  At that point I didn’t get the hits I was hoping for. Seems logical it’ll work. My naked hands now smell funny.

Your thoughts?

Bruh....

(04-05-2020, 07:13 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 06:34 PM)Jags Wrote: So, I’m bored like most everyone else.  I’m outside grilling.  Had a thought, googled various things.  Hair will burn at 451 degrees.  Hot water at 140 will kill germs.  451 is way higher than 140.  If I held my hand over the coals long enough to singe and burn my hair, can we say that my hands are then sanitary?  Seems logical.  I even google “sanitizing hands with heat”.  At that point I didn’t get the hits I was hoping for. Seems logical it’ll work. My naked hands now smell funny.

Your thoughts?

Bruh....

Like I said, I was bored.  Worse case scenario, I have no hair on the back of my hands.  Whoopdy doo.  Best case scenario, I killed the germs after taking a leak in my yard. 

My question was supposed to be more “scientific”.  Would heat like that even in a short duration be enough to kill germs.  Not even so much a Corona thing.   

Using my imagination to occupy myself.  That’s all.  

For the record, I’d say it works.  Those with more knowledge can throw their input in.

(04-05-2020, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 02:12 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hey all, how we all doing?

Been a crazy old month, seems most of the world is doing the same thing right now. Today in the UK they said that they may ban people from going for exercise outside as the weather is nice and people are having bbq's. Thats the problem in the UK, you have to take advantage when the suns out, may not see it again for a few months!

Oh one story that made me laugh, a premier league soccer player tweeted on Wednesday to stay indoors and then invites a friend and 2 prostitutes over!!

I hope you get to enjoy the rays. The beaches here are closed, so the first street off the beach has been a madhouse for a week. Bicycles, skateboarders, rollerbladers, and pedestrians all over the place all day long, and at least one yard on every block has people milling around eating pizza and listening to loud music. Our stupid government thinks that closing the beaches means people won't be outside at the beach. Morons have no understanding of human nature.

Well its getting a little crazy over here. You have people asking the government to make laws to force them to stay inside. You can now be fined for taking unnecessary journies but police are using discretion but you have people phoning the police on people having a bbq and they think theres too many people! People wanting to arrest sunbathers!

Just don't go out! Dont need a [BLEEP] law!