Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Autocorrect.

You try to say “were” and it changes it to “we’re”

Same with “their”

Just makes you look like an uneducated jack [BLEEP].

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 08:19 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-05-2020, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Autocorrect.

Same with “their”

My phone always changes hell to he'll.

What sense does "what the he'll" make?

Smartphone my [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-06-2020, 08:18 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Autocorrect.

Same with “their”

My phone always changes hell to he'll.

Smartphone my [BLEEP].

I know what you mean. "What the fudge?" just doesn't have the forceful translation I'm looking for.

(04-06-2020, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 08:18 AM)Rico Wrote: My phone always changes hell to he'll.

Smartphone my [BLEEP].

I know what you mean. "What the fudge?" just doesn't have the forceful translation I'm looking for.

Likewise, there's no way to terminate the call with added emphasis.  Remember when you could slam the phone down onto the receiver?  Now all you can do is disconnect.  It just doesn't deliver the same message.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 12:57 PM by homebiscuit.)

(04-06-2020, 11:57 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I know what you mean. "What the fudge?" just doesn't have the forceful translation I'm looking for.

Likewise, there's no way to terminate the call with added emphasis.  Remember when you could slam the phone down onto the receiver?  Now all you can do is disconnect.  It just doesn't deliver the same message.

If you have an Android you just might be in luck. 

https://download.cnet.com/Slam-the-Phone...78990.html

Those of us with an iPhone have to be content with telling the other party to go fudge themselves before politely disconnecting.

(04-06-2020, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 08:18 AM)Rico Wrote: My phone always changes hell to he'll.

Smartphone my [BLEEP].

Better than “what the duck?” I keep getting.  Undecided
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

There's no sex in the champagne room.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 06:36 PM by Jags.)

(04-06-2020, 11:57 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I know what you mean. "What the fudge?" just doesn't have the forceful translation I'm looking for.

Ahh.. not so fast.  I get calls relentlessly from SEO businesses.  My phone rings probably more from people trying to sell my business leads or “first page google” than clients.  Between word of mouth, neighbors of clients and other resources, finding clients isn’t really hard for us.   I’ve learned the numbers to answer and the ones not to.  I even have the call blocker for the spam [BLEEP]. Occasionally, I answer the phone when I’m suspect. 

This guy calls the other day in between stops.  We’re driving seperate so I was bored and answered. SEO (of course). Which, the last client I got I asked how he got the number, he says, “I just googled it”. 
So I’m having fun answering this guys questions.  Then tell him I’m not interested, like a solicitor he keeps trying to tell me why I need it. I keep saying I’m not interested and that the potential clients call daily.  He pretty much tells me I’m not doing my part as a business owner.  At this point, I’m at my next stop, lowered the ramp on trailer and have told the guy numerous times I wasn’t interested and that I have a “web guy” that does that for me. But he keeps on.   Rather than hang up, I just fired the mower up and started the lawn.  

Ive even answered on my Bluetooth a number I knew was a solicitor while mowing.  Sure, they interrupt my music.  I’ll block you later.  Get the hint.

To my defense, I did tell this guy I was arriving at my next stop.  And before starting the mower, I did ask him why would I do business with someone that can’t listen.

(04-08-2020, 06:12 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 11:57 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Likewise, there's no way to terminate the call with added emphasis.  Remember when you could slam the phone down onto the receiver?  Now all you can do is disconnect.  It just doesn't deliver the same message.

Ahh.. not so fast.  I get calls relentlessly from SEO businesses.  My phone rings probably more from people trying to sell my business leads or “first page google” than clients.  Between word of mouth, neighbors of clients and other resources, finding clients isn’t really hard for us.   I’ve learned the numbers to answer and the ones not to.  I even have the call blocker for the spam [BLEEP]. Occasionally, I answer the phone when I’m suspect. 

This guy calls the other day in between stops.  We’re driving seperate so I was bored and answered. SEO (of course). Which, the last client I got I asked how he got the number, he says, “I just googled it”. 
So I’m having fun answering this guys questions.  Then tell him I’m not interested, like a solicitor he keeps trying to tell me why I need it. I keep saying I’m not interested and that the potential clients call daily.  He pretty much tells me I’m not doing my part as a business owner.  At this point, I’m at my next stop, lowered the ramp on trailer and have told the guy numerous times I wasn’t interested and that I have a “web guy” that does that for me. But he keeps on.   Rather than hang up, I just fired the mower up and started the lawn.  

Ive even answered on my Bluetooth a number I knew was a solicitor while mowing.  Sure, they interrupt my music.  I’ll block you later.  Get the hint.

To my defense, I did tell this guy I was arriving at my next stop.  And before starting the mower, I did ask him why would I do business with someone that can’t listen.

If he managed to find you via google, it sounds like his service would be redundant.

(04-09-2020, 10:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 06:12 PM)Jags Wrote: Ahh.. not so fast.  I get calls relentlessly from SEO businesses.  My phone rings probably more from people trying to sell my business leads or “first page google” than clients.  Between word of mouth, neighbors of clients and other resources, finding clients isn’t really hard for us.   I’ve learned the numbers to answer and the ones not to.  I even have the call blocker for the spam [BLEEP]. Occasionally, I answer the phone when I’m suspect. 

If he managed to find you via google, it sounds like his service would be redundant.

Yeah, that was my thoughts as well.  I’m sure he’d tell me he had to go 3 pages in or something.

Not having any sports to watch. I'm going through serious sports withdrawal.

Also, not being able to play golf. Golf courses are considered essential businesses and are allowed to open, but almost all have shut down. Couldn't they at least open up the driving ranges?

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 07:53 AM by Jags.)

(04-10-2020, 07:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not having any sports to watch. I'm going through serious sports withdrawal.

Also, not being able to play golf. Golf courses are considered essential businesses and are allowed to open, but almost all have shut down. Couldn't they at least open up the driving ranges?

I don’t know how far it is from you or if it’s even a good course since I don’t play,but I saw people on the course in South Hampton Monday. Perhaps it was just residents, but it looked more like a “tournament” or whatever you call it.  I’ve got to run back in there in about an hour.  I’ll see if there is still people there playing and report back.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 08:58 AM by Jags.)

FYI, saw golfers at both South Hampton and Cimarrone.  Could be residents. Would it be proper etiquette if I drove my truck up on the course to them, honked to get attention and ask if they live here?

(04-10-2020, 08:56 AM)Jags Wrote: FYI, saw golfers at both South Hampton and Cimarrone.  Could be residents. Would it be proper etiquette if I drove my truck up on the course to them, honked to get attention and ask if they live here?

Thanks, man. 

It's only considered proper etiquette if you park on the green. Anything else would be considered an insult.

(04-10-2020, 09:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:56 AM)Jags Wrote: FYI, saw golfers at both South Hampton and Cimarrone.  Could be residents. Would it be proper etiquette if I drove my truck up on the course to them, honked to get attention and ask if they live here?

Thanks, man. 

It's only considered proper etiquette if you park on the green. Anything else would be considered an insult.
This SH resident said that it was not just residents. He said it was a public course.  The neighborhood didn’t own it.  If that makes sense or helps

(04-10-2020, 09:23 AM)Jags Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 09:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Thanks, man. 

This SH resident said that it was not just residents. He said it was a public course.  The neighborhood didn’t own it.  If that makes sense or helps

That makes sense. Thanks for following up. I appreciate it.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 12:13 PM by Jags.)

No problem, have fun.

Also, I saw people playing at King and Bear earlier this week.  Hopefully that gives more options.  I’m wondering if the Duval courses are closed since they have a lot more cases than the surrounding counties.

I get emails from Royal St. Augustine saying that they are open. Leave the driver at home.

Also, I think Palatka is open too but it's a bit of a hike from Jax.

Nothing is open here in Maine, NH, Mass.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

The golf course on base (NAS Jacksonville) is open but no carts, walking only.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-10-2020, 01:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The golf course on base (NAS Jacksonville) is open but no carts, walking only.

Maybe it's about time I check that course out.