Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 10:26 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-08-2020, 09:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: How many games do you expect to see that happen in 2020 (assuming a full season)?

Depends on the rest of this off-season really. Can the new kid stop the run in the middle? Do we get some wide bodies for the line?

If this roster doesn't get better against the run between now and week 1 then I don't see why opposing OCs would even consider throwing the ball.

Because Minshew Mania is going to run wild all over the NFL this year brother! We're going to be wheeling and dealing in points early and often! We're going to rise to the cream of the crop! Creme de la creme homie!

Minshew after every post game to the rest of the NFL where we're averaging 350 YPG in passing and 31 PPG with us being the fastest team to score the most points in first halves in NFL history:

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-08-2020, 09:42 AM)PF* Wrote: If there is no season, do players still get paid or is there a clause in the CBA addressing that? Would this play into why there's a slow market for Yawn and Clowney?

no language exists like the NBA's force Majeure
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ayers-too/
The NFL will do everything in its power to get back on the field

(04-08-2020, 10:33 AM)jagshype Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 09:42 AM)PF* Wrote: If there is no season, do players still get paid or is there a clause in the CBA addressing that? Would this play into why there's a slow market for Yawn and Clowney?

no language exists like the NBA's force Majeure

Wow.
Great article...thanks. Why would the NFL not have a force majeure clause in there? Seems like a glaring mistake.

Back to Yan then, maybe nobody is willing to sign him b/c they would have to pay the franchise tag money ($16 mill or whatever it is) plus whatever they commit to him for subsequent seasons. Given this, too, it seems silly to commit any $$ to him at this point b/c they may have to pay it with no revenue coming in (if no 2021 season or beyond)
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-08-2020, 10:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 09:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Depends on the rest of this off-season really. Can the new kid stop the run in the middle? Do we get some wide bodies for the line?

If this roster doesn't get better against the run between now and week 1 then I don't see why opposing OCs would even consider throwing the ball.

Because Minshew Mania is going to run wild all over the NFL this year brother! We're going to be wheeling and dealing in points early and often! We're going to rise to the cream of the crop! Creme de la creme homie!

Minshew after every post game to the rest of the NFL where we're averaging 350 YPG in passing and 31 PPG with us being the fastest team to score the most points in first halves in NFL history:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 11:20 AM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(04-08-2020, 10:59 AM)PF* Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 10:33 AM)jagshype Wrote: no language exists like the NBA's force Majeure

Why would the NFL not have a force majeure clause in there?

Because the NFL fine print was decided by a bunch of guys with CTE... Lol. 

Regarding Yan - to HELL with him and his I want out boohoo tweets. He's not as good as he thinks he is, he's not worth $22M a year at all and he's crazy if he thinks that's what he'll eventually get paid by any team currently. 

He screwed up not taking the previous contract offer. He has basically no options here now. His options are play hard under the franchise tag and prove he is worth what he thinks he is or continue to be a cry baby and sit out and lose a life time worth of earnings for this single season under the tag. 

I also think he's out of his mind if he thinks the Jags will trade him for a crappy pick, just because he is complaining. I mean I may be wrong and Caldwell may end up deciding he doesn't want any negative players in the locker room but I HIGHLY doubt that happens for Yan. If the FO bends to these kind of boohoo situations then any player who wants a trade will do it as well and it could be a very slippery slope trend for the FO to start. It's already starting, he seems to be doing it because it worked for Ramsey.

What he's missing is that Ramsey drew 2 first round pick offers. There's zero chance any team offers anything close to that for him. 

Simply put, he won't get traded unless a team makes an amazing offer which doesn't seem likely after an 8 and 9 sack season back to back and he isn't getting a contract for what he thinks he's worth. 

So... We'll see you on the field Yan, stop complaining.

Does anybody think he's getting traded for anything less than a stellar offer? And does anybody think we actually get that stellar offer?

(04-08-2020, 11:19 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 10:59 AM)PF* Wrote: Why would the NFL not have a force majeure clause in there?

Because the NFL fine print was decided by a bunch of guys with CTE... Lol. 

Regarding Yan - to HELL with him and his I want out boohoo tweets. He's not as good as he thinks he is, he's not worth $22M a year at all and he's crazy if he thinks that's what he'll eventually get paid by any team currently. 

He screwed up not taking the previous contract offer. He has basically no options here now. His options are play hard under the franchise tag and prove he is worth what he thinks he is or continue to be a cry baby and sit out and lose a life time worth of earnings for this single season under the tag. 

I also think he's out of his mind if he thinks the Jags will trade him for a crappy pick, just because he is complaining. I mean I may be wrong and Caldwell may end up deciding he doesn't want any negative players in the locker room but I HIGHLY doubt that happens for Yan. If the FO bends to these kind of boohoo situations then any player who wants a trade will do it as well and it could be a very slippery slope trend for the FO to start. It's already starting, he seems to be doing it because it worked for Ramsey.

What he's missing is that Ramsey drew 2 first round pick offers. There's zero chance any team offers anything close to that for him. 

Simply put, he won't get traded unless a team makes an amazing offer which doesn't seem likely after an 8 and 9 sack season back to back and he isn't getting a contract for what he thinks he's worth. 

So... We'll see you on the field Yan, stop complaining.

Does anybody think he's getting traded for anything less than a stellar offer? And does anybody think we actually get that stellar offer?

Very well written post.. well said

This question popped up on AskVic a week or so ago, more focused on shortening the season, but he suggested that a temporary CBA may need to be negotiated.

Players are going to want to get paid. Owners are going to want to get another year added onto a contract if the player is getting paid, but not on the field (How dumb would the colts look for paying Rivers for a season in which he doesn't even play?) Think about guys on their rookie deals - that extra year at a discounted rate is HUGE when looking at a team's cap. Having two separate darft classes come due for extensions in one season could be crippling for a team that has not done well to care for their cap.

I would say that especially in the case of band-aid contracts, teams are likely holding off on these signings unless they foresee some kind of extension as possible.

My guess is that players will get *some* stipend as a means of continuing their income, as most players are not pulling in 8 figures a season, and that in turn some consolation will be given to the owners. That could be shifting this year's terms to the end of the contract, additional compensation for FA lost if they don't adjust the length of the deal, or something else.

(04-08-2020, 08:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags have all the leverage this time.

The billionaires always have the leverage. The Jags had all of the leverage with Ramsey too. If a team didn't offer them what the FO wanted they were going to let him rot on the vine. Looks like that is how the Yannick situation is going to play out too.

Until the franchise tag is abolished (which is past due) the only card a player has in their bag is to leverage toxicity.

I don’t think we are going to get a first for him, but I would be happy to be proven wrong. I would not trade him for anything less than a high 2nd rounder.

(04-08-2020, 11:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:

This question popped up on AskVic a week or so ago, more focused on shortening the season, but he suggested that a temporary CBA may need to be negotiated.

Players are going to want to get paid. Owners are going to want to get another year added onto a contract if the player is getting paid, but not on the field (How dumb would the colts look for paying Rivers for a season in which he doesn't even play?) Think about guys on their rookie deals - that extra year at a discounted rate is HUGE when looking at a team's cap. Having two separate darft classes come due for extensions in one season could be crippling for a team that has not done well to care for their cap.

I would say that especially in the case of band-aid contracts, teams are likely holding off on these signings unless they foresee some kind of extension as possible.

My guess is that players will get *some* stipend as a means of continuing their income, as most players are not pulling in 8 figures a season, and that in turn some consolation will be given to the owners. That could be shifting this year's terms to the end of the contract, additional compensation for FA lost if they don't adjust the length of the deal, or something else.

Of course AskVic would be talking about this doomsday scenario. He's not a glass half full type these days.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 12:09 PM by Upper.)

Are we trusting Dilla with his nugget that the Jags FO leaked and lied about the offer to Yan last year? If that's true then not only did the Jags FO start the bad blood (I think that is obvious regardless), but the burned bridges are much more reasonable too.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 12:12 PM by knarnn.)

(04-09-2020, 12:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Are we trusting Dilla with his nugget that the Jags FO leaked and lied about the offer to Yan last year? If that's true then not only did the Jags FO start the bad blood (I think that is obvious regardless), but the burned bridges are much more reasonable too.

It’s apart of negotiating. Start low, ask high, counteroffer, counteroffer, counteroffer, meet in the middle. And take the emotions out of the business deal. Yan and his agent struggles with the above.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-09-2020, 12:11 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 12:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Are we trusting Dilla with his nugget that the Jags FO leaked and lied about the offer to Yan last year? If that's true then not only did the Jags FO start the bad blood (I think that is obvious regardless), but the burned bridges are much more reasonable too.

It’s apart of negotiating. Start low, ask high, meet in the middle. And take the emotions out of the business deal. Yan and his agent struggles with the above.

I thought it was pretty well accepted that Coughlin refused to negotiate and Yan could take or leave the offer.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 12:20 PM by knarnn.)

It’s apart of negotiating. Start low, ask high, meet in the middle. And take the emotions out of the business deal. Yan and his agent struggles with the above.

(04-09-2020, 12:14 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 12:11 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s apart of negotiating. Start low, ask high, meet in the middle. And take the emotions out of the business deal. Yan and his agent struggles with the above.

I thought it was pretty well accepted that Coughlin refused to negotiate and Yan could take or leave the offer.

And that line of thinking along with other issues cost Tom his job. Didn’t Dave attempt to pick up negotiations where they left off? But Yan has enlisted a “you had your chance and blew it” mentality.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The tweet:

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12482...61184?s=21

Even assuming the numbers offered were reported as above, those figures would have put Yan right in line with this years FA class at DE right?

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 12:39 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

If I remember correctly, they said negotiations started in July, Coughlin gave his best offer by end of July, what exactly is wrong with that? I think the 19 millions per year was true (I highly doubt that last year they offered less than 17 millions per year). Would it be better if Coughlin started at 13 millions and gave his 19 millions offer until late August? I don't see anything wrong with Coughlin giving his best offer soon, what kind of idiot gets offended by that?

IMO Yan just wasn't satisfied with the offer, especially after the Frank Clark and Demarcus Lawrence (?) contracts and it wasn't because Coughlin gave his best offer "too soon". Also I think he got offended when Coughlin have his reasons as why he didn't receive a higher offer. Dude last year said he was the best pass rusher in the NFL, now he says he is a top 3 DE   Laughing

(04-09-2020, 12:25 PM)knarnn Wrote: The tweet:

Even assuming the numbers offered were reported as above, those figures would have put Yan right in line with this years FA class at DE right?

That would make more sense.

IF true imo that is exactly what he derserved but since everyone overpays they could have offered at least 17-18 millions to keep him happy and his mouth shut.

(04-09-2020, 12:18 PM)knarnn Wrote:

(04-09-2020, 12:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I thought it was pretty well accepted that Coughlin refused to negotiate and Yan could take or leave the offer.

And that line of thinking along with other issues cost Tom his job. Didn’t Dave attempt to pick up negotiations where they left off? But Yan has enlisted a “you had your chance and blew it” mentality.
You’re right. That is how negotiations work. Except Coughlin said “take it or leave it” basically and stopped negotiating.

And why would you want to play for the Jags? Seriously? This is the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL and I don’t think it’s particularly close.

(04-09-2020, 12:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 12:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s apart of negotiating. Start low, ask high, meet in the middle. And take the emotions out of the business deal. Yan and his agent struggles with the above.

You’re right. That is how negotiations work. Except Coughlin said “take it or leave it” basically and stopped negotiating.

And why would you want to play for the Jags? Seriously? This is the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL and I don’t think it’s particularly close.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5439236]

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-09-2020, 01:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 12:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re right. That is how negotiations work. Except Coughlin said “take it or leave it” basically and stopped negotiating.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5439236]

Not sure what that last one represents, but I'd add the Raiders (last playoff win in 2002) to the list.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-09-2020, 12:25 PM)knarnn Wrote: The tweet:

The $19M could be the "new money" average. 

$57M + 2019 salary divided by 4 years = $15.6M? 

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"