Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 11:30 AM by jj82284.)

(04-10-2020, 10:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: First the medical ships have to adjust their missions, now we have the field hospitals being taken down. Were Governors exaggerating numbers for funding or to procure assistance without the actual need? Seems the information on the ground is much different than the media picture (duh).

Gavin Newsome sent a letter to the Trump administration stating that by now some 25 million Californians would have active infections. The level of absurdity is utterly shocking, and he wont have to pay any price for that.

I've talked before about the progressive triad: media superiority , academic supremacy and pop culture supremacy. Through that lense weve created an environment where dystopian predictions of shutting down society and mass death are viewed as realistic and caring. Any ray of optimism that disrupts that cathartic narrative is viewed as naive or subversive. And then when the doomsday predictions are proven to be laughable, its framed as "if not for the erroneous predictions you people wouldn't wash your hands. Thank you dear leader fOr scarring us straight.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 11:00 AM by Gabe.)

(04-10-2020, 10:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 10:31 AM)Gabe Wrote: Narrator: "Many of them had it."

Including you, Immunoman. Are you going to get tested for antibodies?

LOL - this isn't lost on me. I think it had something to do with the beer I've consumed over the past 6 years.

As soon as it's ready. We've been asking. If my blood can help others, I want to be able to do that. So far, my requests to get tested have been turned down. 

I've heard that there is going to be a test that'll be made available to people who've been "exposed" to infected persons sometime next week. But that's circumstantial at best.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-10-2020, 10:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: First the medical ships have to adjust their missions, now we have the field hospitals being taken down. Were Governors exaggerating numbers for funding or to procure assistance without the actual need? Seems the information on the ground is much different than the media picture (duh).

Millions of Americans were going to die, now the prediction is less than 60,000.

Trump is a superstar who saved nearly 2 million lives! It's the only explanation.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-10-2020, 11:15 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Millions of Americans were going to die, now the prediction is less than 60,000.

Trump is a superstar who saved nearly 2 million lives! It's the only explanation.

That'll be an interesting debate topic leading up to November.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 11:33 AM by jagshype.)

(04-10-2020, 10:53 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 10:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Including you, Immunoman. Are you going to get tested for antibodies?

LOL - this isn't lost on me. I think it had something to do with the beer I've consumed over the past 6 years.

As soon as it's ready. We've been asking. If my blood can help others, I want to be able to do that. So far, my requests to get tested have been turned down. 

I've heard that there is going to be a test that'll be made available to people who've been "exposed" to infected persons sometime next week. But that's circumstantial at best.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local...M7IWBDHLA/

Antibody testing will be a big component in getting the country back to work
Dr. Birx hinted at the relative ease of creating these tests, that even college medical labs could develop.
Hopefully by the end of May we start to see large scale testing with take home tests

(04-10-2020, 11:15 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Or you could just as easily say, Trump said we had it all under control, it was going to disappear like magic, and then 60,000 people died.

Joe Biden sent an email to the Governors of all 50 states, saying that he can get them the desperately-needed supplies and masks they are seeking.

This begs the obvious questions:
What authority does private citizen Joe Biden have to negotiate with Governors or procure supplies in a National Emergency?
If Joe Biden knows where to get supplies, who is hoarding them and why? Is somebody creating a shortage for purely political reasons?
Is Joe Biden working on the side of the Chinese?

(04-10-2020, 12:03 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Joe Biden sent an email to the Governors of all 50 states, saying that he can get them the desperately-needed supplies and masks they are seeking.

What authority does private citizen Joe Biden have to negotiate with Governors or procure supplies in a National Emergency?
If Joe Biden knows where to get supplies, who is hoarding them and why?  Is somebody creating a shortage for purely political reasons?

link?

(04-10-2020, 12:03 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Joe Biden sent an email to the Governors of all 50 states, saying that he can get them the desperately-needed supplies and masks they are seeking.

If Joe Biden knows where to get supplies, who is hoarding them and why?  Is somebody creating a shortage for purely political reasons?

Have you seen his interviews lately? Uncle Joe's not uhhhh "all there" anymore. He's probably just speaking from his [BLEEP] at this point.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-10-2020, 12:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

link?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/biden-camp...difficult/

(04-10-2020, 01:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 12:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: link?

Crazy Joe trying to stay relevant.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 01:49 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

face mask study, in case you still thought they don't help - https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2
"We detected coronavirus in respiratory droplets and aerosols in 3 of 10 (30%) and 4 of 10 (40%) of the samples collected without face masks, respectively, but did not detect any virus in respiratory droplets or aerosols collected from participants wearing face masks, this difference was significant in aerosols and showed a trend toward reduced detection in respiratory droplets (Table 1b). " they were testing on sick people, so this was not a lab thing.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 02:08 PM by Gabe.)

Umm....except that's not what the article you linked said, at all; rendering all your subsequent questions irrelevant/unfounded. 

The only text the article provides of the email in question:

“In this moment of national emergency, we are eager to connect those offering help with those in need of it — we would like to provide these individuals and organizations with a way to reach your offices directly,” Eichner wrote, asking each office to assign a contact person if they were interested."

Biden may be reaching to stay relevant, but there's an extremely wide gap between what you said and what the email said. I suppose requesting some sense of objective comprehension might be asking a bit much, even if it's linked from a NY Post article.

Joe Biden, shining star of the Democrat Party USA. Their Best and Brightest...the Great Hope for defeating Trump in 2020.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 02:44 PM by The Real Marty.)

(04-10-2020, 01:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 12:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: link?

I read that one, I thought maybe you had a different one, because that one doesn't exactly say what you said.  I think you put a little extra spin on it.

Why are those individuals and organizations contacting the Biden Campaign if they have PPE to share? There is a massive White House, FEMA, DOD and 50-state effort to find and distribute PPE. So the likely case is somebody is hoarding PPE and doesn't want to share it "with Trump". The Chinese Communist Party has a lot of PPE and a great wish to see their puppet Biden elected President.

(04-10-2020, 02:46 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Why are those individuals and organizations contacting the Biden Campaign if they have PPE to share?  There is a massive White House, FEMA, DOD and 50-state effort to find and distribute PPE.  So the likely case is somebody is hoarding PPE and doesn't want to share it "with Trump".  The Chinese Communist Party has a lot of PPE and a great wish to see their puppet Biden elected President.

Man - this is a stretch, even for you.

1.5 BILLION went to Hunter Biden.
Even I would stay bought for that kind of payoff.

(04-10-2020, 03:55 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: 1.5 BILLION went to Hunter Biden.

When all else fails, there's Hunter to fall back on. AMIRITE????

(04-10-2020, 03:55 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: 1.5 BILLION went to Hunter Biden.

I think you might be a little confused there.  There is no allegation that Hunter Biden received $1.5 billion from the Chinese for himself personally.   The $1.5 billion was the money that was raised by a Shanghai based private equity company, on which Hunter Biden served as a board member.  

That money is still owned by the investors who placed it there.  Hunter Biden does not own that money.    

Now, you can talk all you want about how it looks bad for Joe Biden's son Hunter to be doing business deals while Joe is Vice President, and that is all true, but I had to throw a flag on your statement that $1.5 billion went to Hunter Biden.  That is not true.