Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-12-2020, 03:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A virus in which the lethality is concentrated in the 70+ age bracket would be the dumbest biological weapon ever conceived.

As a weapon, sure, but as a use against your own country to kill off your aging and sickly population it is great. I wouldn't put it past them to cull their own people.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2020, 05:26 PM)captivating Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 02:24 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What a delightful forum this is, USA is #1 in infections and just became #1 in deaths, and you lot talking about Hunter and Joe Biden.

It's this brilliant germ...this virus that's resistant to antibiotics.....as Dr Trump said.

All viruses are resistant against antibiotics. Antibiotics are for the elimination of bacterial infections, Dr captivating.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-12-2020, 05:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 03:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A virus in which the lethality is concentrated in the 70+ age bracket would be the dumbest biological weapon ever conceived.

As a weapon, sure, but as a use against your own country to kill off your aging and sickly population it is great. I wouldn't put it past them to cull their own people.

They created and released a virus in order to cull 3,300 from their 1.3 billion?

(04-12-2020, 06:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 05:26 PM)captivating Wrote: It's this brilliant germ...this virus that's resistant to antibiotics.....as Dr Trump said.

All viruses are resistant against antibiotics. Antibiotics are for the elimination of bacterial infections, Dr captivating.

I know that. You need to tell His Majesty Trump that, as he obviously doesn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llL_9dLKb3c

(04-12-2020, 05:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Not so much their own, but it's certainly run roughshod over Western Society and most of China's enemies.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-12-2020, 07:11 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 05:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote: As a weapon, sure, but as a use against your own country to kill off your aging and sickly population it is great. I wouldn't put it past them to cull their own people.

They created and released a virus in order to cull 3,300 from their 1.3 billion?

3,300 of their people, but how many of our economies though?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

MSM are really pushing the Trump caused more deaths by not acting fast enough. Even Drudge is doing it. I guess Trump will have to start playing their own words back too them when they complained about shutting the borders.

They are already cancelling 4th of July in places, so looks like they are going to try to end the lockdowns. Fauci did say some places could start opening back up in May.

(04-12-2020, 08:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 07:11 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: They created and released a virus in order to cull 3,300 from their 1.3 billion?

3,300 of their people, but how many of our economies though?

A more probable outcome but still extremely unlikely scenario as a planned attack in my opinion.

(04-12-2020, 10:03 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 08:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 3,300 of their people, but how many of our economies though?

A more probable outcome but still extremely unlikely scenario as a planned attack in my opinion.

I dont think it was a planned attack.  I think it was an accidental release that was going to trigger  full lockdown of part of their economy.  That drain would put then at a strategic disadvantage against us and could have been the final nail in the coffin in trade negotiations, a huge setback in military capability, world influence etc.  By slow playing the response and allowing global contamination it reset the global calculus and put them at a strategic advantage as the country that comes out of the pandemic first.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2020, 07:13 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-12-2020, 08:54 AM)copycat Wrote: https://youtu.be/XMJ0EmMfb3U

Lengthy but brings up some interesting points.  Scary if true.

I watched that thing last night, and my advice is, when watching a "documentary" from an offbeat source like the Epoch Times, you have to consider the credibility of the source and all the participants in the video.  I looked up the Epoch Times, and I also looked up some of the "experts" they showed in that video, and while what they say may or may not be true, I'm not wasting my time on it.  The Epoch Times comes with a very heavy anti-China agenda, they tout conspiracy theories, and some of their "experts" have a checkered past.  Anyone can take a string of facts and form them into a narrative that pushes a pre-existing agenda.

I have no doubt the Epoch Times started with a conclusion, and then gathered the evidence to back it up.  Their purpose isn't to investigate.  Their purpose is to persuade.

(04-13-2020, 07:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 08:54 AM)copycat Wrote: https://youtu.be/XMJ0EmMfb3U

Lengthy but brings up some interesting points.  Scary if true.

I watched that thing last night, and my advice is, when watching a "documentary" from an offbeat source like the Epoch Times, you have to consider the credibility of the source and all the participants in the video.  I looked up the Epoch Times, and I also looked up some of the "experts" they showed in that video, and while what they say may or may not be true, I'm not wasting my time on it.  The Epoch Times comes with a very heavy anti-China agenda, they tout conspiracy theories, and some of their "experts" have a checkered past.  Anyone can take a string of facts and form them into a narrative that pushes a pre-existing agenda.

I have no doubt the Epoch Times started with a conclusion, and then gathered the evidence to back it up.  Their purpose isn't to investigate.  Their purpose is to persuade.

There in lies the problem with all MSM these days which is why I choose to seek other sources.  Everything is so slanted it is appalling.  

If you did watch it are you discrediting everything brought up or just the conclusion?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2020, 09:09 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-13-2020, 08:44 AM)copycat Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 07:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I watched that thing last night, and my advice is, when watching a "documentary" from an offbeat source like the Epoch Times, you have to consider the credibility of the source and all the participants in the video.  I looked up the Epoch Times, and I also looked up some of the "experts" they showed in that video, and while what they say may or may not be true, I'm not wasting my time on it.  The Epoch Times comes with a very heavy anti-China agenda, they tout conspiracy theories, and some of their "experts" have a checkered past.  Anyone can take a string of facts and form them into a narrative that pushes a pre-existing agenda.

There in lies the problem with all MSM these days which is why I choose to seek other sources.  Everything is so slanted it is appalling.  

If you did watch it are you discrediting everything brought up or just the conclusion?

Re-read what I wrote.  I already answered that question.  I'm not discrediting anything.  I'm saying I don't want to waste my time on a questionable source- a source which has an obvious agenda.  I'm sure everything they say is a fact.  But you can put together a string of facts that "prove" anything.  If you don't understand that, then you will be subject to constant manipulation.  

Epoch Times is a virulently anti-Chinese publication.  That's okay, as long as you understand that that is where everything starts for them.  What they say may or may not be true, but you have to start with the realization that they are not journalists doing an investigation.  They are opinion people out to persuade everyone to follow their point of view.  Their purpose isn't to inform you.  Their purpose is to persuade you.  You have to understand this to function in a modern society, or else you will be a sheep.

(04-13-2020, 09:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 08:44 AM)copycat Wrote: There in lies the problem with all MSM these days which is why I choose to seek other sources.  Everything is so slanted it is appalling.  

Re-read what I wrote.  I already answered that question.  I'm not discrediting anything.  I'm saying I don't want to waste my time on a questionable source- a source which has an obvious agenda.  I'm sure everything they say is a fact.  But you can put together a string of facts that "prove" anything.  If you don't understand that, then you will be subject to constant manipulation.  

Epoch Times is a virulently anti-Chinese publication.  That's okay, as long as you understand that that is where everything starts for them.  What they say may or may not be true, but you have to start with the realization that they are not journalists doing an investigation.  They are opinion people out to persuade everyone to follow their point of view.  Their purpose isn't to inform you.  Their purpose is to persuade you.  You have to understand this to function in a modern society, or else you will be a sheep.

What you wrote applies to every news organization in the world.

(04-13-2020, 09:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 08:44 AM)copycat Wrote: There in lies the problem with all MSM these days which is why I choose to seek other sources.  Everything is so slanted it is appalling.  

So again, let's attack the source when we are dubious of the conclusion.  

Researchers within China have speculated that the species of bat believed to be the source of the pathogen, doesnt naturally habitats in Wuhan.  Again, no one is saying it's a bioweapon, but that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that it was in some way tied to a research lab.  

As for VIRULENTLY ANTI CHINA...  R U PAYING ATTENTION?  at the actions we know they took border on acts of war.  They intimidated and potentially abducted researchers, they lied to the WHO. they allowed festivals and travel when they were aware of community spread.  The list goes on.

(04-13-2020, 09:40 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 09:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Re-read what I wrote.  I already answered that question.  I'm not discrediting anything.  I'm saying I don't want to waste my time on a questionable source- a source which has an obvious agenda.  I'm sure everything they say is a fact.  But you can put together a string of facts that "prove" anything.  If you don't understand that, then you will be subject to constant manipulation.  

So again, let's attack the source when we are dubious of the conclusion.  

Researchers within China have speculated that the species of bat believed to be the source of the pathogen, doesnt naturally habitats in Wuhan.  Again, no one is saying it's a bioweapon, but that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that it was in some way tied to a research lab.  

As for VIRULENTLY ANTI CHINA...  R U PAYING ATTENTION?  at the actions we know they took border on acts of war.  They intimidated and potentially abducted researchers, they lied to the WHO. they allowed festivals and travel when they were aware of community spread.  The list goes on.

I didn't say I was dubious of the conclusion.  I said I was dubious of the source.  Epoch Times is associated with the Falun Gong religious cult, and they have published all sorts of conspiracy theories, including anti-vaccine stuff, and they come with an agenda.  They are not investigative journalists.  

Again, I don't know how many times I have to say this.  I am not questioning their conclusion.  I am not questioning their conclusion. I am not questioning their conclusion.  I am not questioning their conclusion. I am not questioning their conclusion.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  

How many times do I need to say it?  

I am saying you are a sheep if you decide to get your information from a source with such an obvious agenda.

There are videos of workers at the Wuhan Institute going to bat caves and collecting "every known virus strain" from the bats and from ticks on the bats. They acknowledge how dangerous their "research" is and hope it will never be used against humans. I believe Tucker Carlson ran a segment a few weeks ago about this.

(04-13-2020, 09:55 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: There are videos of workers at the Wuhan Institute going to bat caves and collecting "every known virus strain" from the bats and from ticks on the bats.  They acknowledge how dangerous their "research" is and hope it will never be used against humans.  I believe Tucker Carlson ran a segment a few weeks ago about this.

As reputable as Tucker is, I'd like to see some facts behind this before I scratch the "fake news" proclamation that's itching to be let out. 

I'm not saying that I don't trust you; and I'm not saying that I do. But I don't.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

This is what I was saying a few days ago.  Hypoxia, not ARDS or pnemonia.

https://txt.fyi/+/69c23902/

(04-13-2020, 09:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 09:40 AM)jj82284 Wrote: So again, let's attack the source when we are dubious of the conclusion.  

I didn't say I was dubious of the conclusion.  I said I was dubious of the source.  Epoch Times is associated with the Falun Gong religious cult, and they have published all sorts of conspiracy theories, including anti-vaccine stuff, and they come with an agenda.  They are not investigative journalists.  

Again, I don't know how many times I have to say this.  I am not questioning their conclusion.  I am not questioning their conclusion. I am not questioning their conclusion.  I am not questioning their conclusion. I am not questioning their conclusion.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  What they say may or may not be true.  

How many times do I need to say it?  

I am saying you are a sheep if you decide to get your information from a source with such an obvious 
The truth is the purest defense.  Its sheepish to take opinion without being open to test the facts.  It's also sheepish to dismiss facts because u dont like the opinion.  Generally when someone goes to such lengths to launch personal attacks @ a source then that means their counter argument is weak.

(04-13-2020, 10:11 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 09:55 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: There are videos of workers at the Wuhan Institute going to bat caves and collecting "every known virus strain" from the bats and from ticks on the bats.  They acknowledge how dangerous their "research" is and hope it will never be used against humans.  I believe Tucker Carlson ran a segment a few weeks ago about this.

As reputable as Tucker is, I'd like to see some facts behind this before I scratch the "fake news" proclamation that's itching to be let out. 

I'm not saying that I don't trust you; and I'm not saying that I do. But I don't.

In that segment he quoted from a chinese research paper about the horseshoe bay, it's natural habitat, its absence from the wet markets, its use in research and the conclusions of chinese nationals.