Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-22-2020, 02:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Talk about being out of touch with the people.

Marie Pelosi?

Nancy Antoinette?

In either case it could get bloody for these morons if this keeps up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Another anti-bodies test indicates a 30 to 50 fold understatement of the prevalence of COVID-19. Another indication that our response was a serious overreaction.

It's been here. You been had it. The isolation strategy is just delaying herd immunity.

LA County Dept of Public Health
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-22-2020, 02:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Talk about being out of touch with the people.

Cleverly edited.  

Can't wait to see what the democrats come up with.

(04-22-2020, 03:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Another anti-bodies test indicates a 30 to 50 fold understatement of the prevalence of COVID-19. Another indication that our response was a serious overreaction.

It's been here. You been had it. The isolation strategy is just delaying herd immunity.

What I didn't cross out is facts.  You got some good facts.  But what I crossed out, is conclusions that do not follow from the facts.
Less than 10%, probably less than 5%, of Americans have had it so far.
You're right that we'd get to herd immunity faster if we did not do social distancing.
But even getting that small percentage of our population immune, slowly, also overwhelmed the hospitals in NY.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

The worst part about that video is the ending. It's going to go over so many people's heads.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 04:11 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

John Roberts says he had been given the vaccine

caught on a hot mic before yesterday's WH briefing.

Looks like YouTube may have already taken it down.

(04-22-2020, 03:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Another anti-bodies test indicates a 30 to 50 fold understatement of the prevalence of COVID-19. Another indication that our response was a serious overreaction.

In defense of team lockdown, theres plenty of evidence from Sweden that the lockdowns had little to no affect on the disease @ all.  

Now the economy on the otherhand...

(04-22-2020, 03:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Cleverly edited.  

Can't wait to see what the democrats come up with.

I'm seriously trying to find the logic in this attack ad's shade. Rich people have nicer things and more indulgences? Rich people don't understand the struggles of poor people?
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-22-2020, 03:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:

What I didn't cross out is facts.  You got some good facts.  But what I crossed out, is conclusions that do not follow from the facts.
You're right that we'd get to herd immunity faster if we did not do social distancing.
But even getting that small percentage of our population immune, slowly, also overwhelmed the hospitals in NY.

Childish.  What's the viral penetration in NYC?

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 06:59 PM by mikesez.)

(04-22-2020, 05:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 03:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: What I didn't cross out is facts.  You got some good facts.  But what I crossed out, is conclusions that do not follow from the facts.

Childish.  What's the viral penetration in NYC?

It's much less than 50%, and the hospitals were overwhelmed, and more people died in NYC in April 2020 than September 2001.
So the virus caused an enormous amount of death, and we're still nowhere near herd immunity, even there.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:14 PM by jj82284.)

(04-22-2020, 06:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Childish.  What's the viral penetration in NYC?

It's much less than 50%, and the hospitals were overwhelmed, and more people died in NYC in April 2020 than September 2001.
So the virus caused an enormous amount of death, and we're still nowhere near herd immunity, even there.

What's the non covid er patronage in ny?

And what's Ron Desantis position on reopening Floridas Subways?

When Tornado alley takes a hit, does NY shut down out of an abundance of caution?

(04-22-2020, 07:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 06:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's much less than 50%, and the hospitals were overwhelmed, and more people died in NYC in April 2020 than September 2001.

What's the non covid er patronage in ny?

When Tornado alley takes a hit, does NY shut down out of an abundance of caution?

How do we shut down NYC, in any sense that is meaningful to public health, without also shutting down Disney World?
If Disney is open, how do you prevent the New York / New Jersey folks from mixing with the rest of us?

(04-22-2020, 07:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote: What's the non covid er patronage in ny?

How do we shut down NYC, in any sense that is meaningful to public health, without also shutting down Disney World?
If Disney is open, how do you prevent the New York / New Jersey folks from mixing with the rest of us?

They're building subways @ Disneyworld?

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 08:59 PM by mikesez.)

(04-22-2020, 08:12 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: How do we shut down NYC, in any sense that is meaningful to public health, without also shutting down Disney World?

They're building subways @ Disneyworld?

You're not worth it.  You never were.
I mean, have you ever been to either? I've been to both.

(04-22-2020, 08:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:12 PM)jj82284 Wrote: They're building subways @ Disneyworld?

You're not worth it.  You never were.

Woooooooooaaaaaahhh. Wooooooahhhh.....  I can't believe my ears! A lot of hostility @ the end of the 45 seconds...

Corrine got sprung.

Meh, no harm in letting the crooked old bat out. She's in bad health.

(04-22-2020, 08:56 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're not worth it.  You never were.

Woooooooooaaaaaahhh. Wooooooahhhh.....  I can't believe my ears! A lot of hostility @ the end of the 45 seconds...

Not everyone has to get along.  Console yourself.  At least I don't have a little lap dog following me around assigning -3 points to you every time we interact.

(04-22-2020, 10:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:56 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Woooooooooaaaaaahhh. Wooooooahhhh.....  I can't believe my ears! A lot of hostility @ the end of the 45 seconds...

Not everyone has to get along.  Console yourself.  At least I don't have a little lap dog following me around assigning -3 points to you every time we interact.

Oh mikie, still so sore.

(04-22-2020, 07:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote: What's the non covid er patronage in ny?

Its rapidly becoming clear that it doesnt matter for the vast overwhelming majority if they did.

(04-22-2020, 10:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Corrine got sprung.

Meh, no harm in letting the crooked old bat out. She's in bad health.

Hopefully she goes right back when Florida starts opening back up in 1-2 weeks.

Put her in isolation if she needs to be protected, no reason for her to be freed.