Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
C.J. Henderson - Rd1, Pick 9 (merged)

I wasn't real happy with the pick at 9 originally but I've definitely warned up to it. We were SO close to Simmons at 9 as I was predicting... Zona had to go and mess that up for us.

I think his reaction to me is a guy who's trying not to look like a crying wuss on national TV. He was probably shaking he was so overcome with emotion and was just trying to keep it together.

Looked like he was maybe taking in the gravity of the situation and thinking it's time to go prove he's worth that pick. Probably a million things running through is mind but he was definitely tearing up.

I like our pick at 20 as well. Would've been doing cartwheels around my house if we got Simmons at 9 but overall I'm pretty happy. I wouldn't be suprised if we go offense the next cpl rounds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-24-2020, 11:41 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:38 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I'm aware and I still think he will be a really good player but I also don't put in all the hours the professionals do.

Just saying when the majority of posters whining fall into the same category you got to step back and look at how the actual professionals drafted.

Just like the USA today guy saying Fulton should have been the pick at 9...yet he is still on the board and 6 CBs are off the board...

I mean if we took Arnette or a guy seen as a 3rd rounder...ok you can p and moan.

Appeal to authority isn't really wise for a process like the draft. It's ok to have very logical disagreements with a pick and be annoyed. 

I'm good with Henderson but also thought Wirfs would be a way better pick , there are enough concerns with Henderson I can see why people would hate it (like I do with the chaisson pick)

I understand that but who would you have taken at 20?  It kind of became a no man's land...

WR? all pretty similar value wise after Lamb went...people would be moaning about WR X could have been had at 42 over WR we picked at 20.

LB? We already had people moaning about a possible Simmons pick.

Maybe Ruiz? Kick Linder to RG

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 12:11 PM by mikesez.)

(04-24-2020, 11:46 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: I wasn't real happy with the pick at 9 originally but I've definitely warned up to it. We were SO close to Simmons at 9 as I was predicting... Zona had to go and mess that up for us.

I think his reaction to me is a guy who's trying not to look like a crying wuss on national TV. He was probably shaking he was so overcome with emotion and was just trying to keep it together.

Looked like he was maybe taking in the gravity of the situation and thinking it's time to go prove he's worth that pick. Probably a million things running through is mind but he was definitely tearing up.

I like our pick at 20 as well. Would've been doing cartwheels around my house if we got Simmons at 9 but overall I'm pretty happy. I wouldn't be suprised if we go offense the next cpl rounds.

Apparently Dave let an NFL.com reporter peek on parts of his Microsoft Team call with Marrone and the scouts.  The reporters story is on NFL.com now. The part about ATL and NYJ wanting to trade for 9 is true. 
Hard to believe, but the Jags had Chaisson ahead of Simmons.  The article says that when Arizona was on the clock, both trade negotiations had already fallen through, and the Jags had resolved to take Henderson, but if ARI had taken Henderson at #8, Dave would have taken Chaisson at #9.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-24-2020, 11:53 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: Appeal to authority isn't really wise for a process like the draft. It's ok to have very logical disagreements with a pick and be annoyed. 

I'm good with Henderson but also thought Wirfs would be a way better pick , there are enough concerns with Henderson I can see why people would hate it (like I do with the chaisson pick)

I understand that but who would you have taken at 20?  It kind of became a no man's land...

WR? all pretty similar value wise after Lamb went...people would be moaning about WR X could have been had at 42 over WR we picked at 20.

LB? We already had people moaning about a possible Simmons pick.

Maybe Ruiz? Kick Linder to RG

Jefferson or Reagor. Lots of very WR needy teams ahead of us in round 2 also, Ruiz I'd be cool with either

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 02:54 PM by knarnn.)

(04-23-2020, 09:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: No, he didn't. Bad omen. His dad was excited, but he looked depressed. Should've grabbed Whirfs or somehow traded down.

I thought he looked emotional, not that he wasn’t happy.

A little insider info....my kid is a GA coach at Florida and he just told me CJ is an almost awkwardly quiet dude. Works his butt off, but is just really introverted.

Confirmed Anti-Ramsey:

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/12...52706?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-24-2020, 11:12 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:10 AM)Upper Wrote: So since Henderson wouldn't have made it to 20 all of the sudden you throw BAP out the window and take like the 5th best player on the board...oh yeah and LT and WR are also very big needs.

5th best player on who's board?

LT and WR are big "needs" according to you.

Geez, I wonder with the depth of knowledge of so many fans who none of you are actually working in NFL front offices.... they are missing out on some premier scouts over here on the message board.
Laughing

Gene Smith actually worked for this franchise, and I have no doubt I would take several message board posters ability to draft over his.

Tyson Alualu?!?  Bryan freaking Anger?!?

Pfft!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:12 AM)Kane Wrote: 5th best player on who's board?

Geez, I wonder with the depth of knowledge of so many fans who none of you are actually working in NFL front offices.... they are missing out on some premier scouts over here on the message board.
Laughing

Gene Smith actually worked for this franchise, and I have no doubt I would take several message board posters ability to draft over his.

Pfft!

I am pretty confident a lot of us could have "led" this franchise to 12 top 10 picks in 13 years, with no end in sight!

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 03:54 PM by Kane.)

(04-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:12 AM)Kane Wrote: 5th best player on who's board?

Laughing

Pfft!

Fair.... but let's call Gene what he was
an exception to the rule of GMs. Rarely if ever will we see a man draft as well as Jeans Miff

But Henderson AND K'Lavon are no Tyson and Anger selections if we're being honest with ourselves.

(04-23-2020, 09:58 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/SpazzLion/status/125...3780003848

Lol he wants to cry!

Yeah he didn’t want to come here.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Henderson on Chase

https://twitter.com/eric_crocker/status/...11840?s=20

Dude tweeted out “I’m definitely not choosing #20”

Hahah I like him a little more now.

Henderson's a good man-to-man coverage corner. That's a given. It's just the tackling stuff that worries me in this division with him. We already know about Henry. And it looks like the tinhorns and clots are borrowing a page out of Vrabel's book after they gained David Johnson and Johnathan Taylor this off season.

With that said. If Wash is going to lean more towards man-to-man coverage this year I would expect to see the front seven and safeties a lot more involved at the LOS and within the box to make up for the gashes we gave up last year in the ground game. Schobert seems like he'll get it done. And with Jack back out on the outside I think we'll see a tremendous jump in his value. I wouldn't be shocked if he jumps up to a pro-bowl level on the outside in 2020.

And then with Allen and Chaisson's versatility you'll have the ability to get interesting with different looks. I am coming back around now after the draft dust has settled. Still a little shakey about the undersized guys they took on day three but again, if he's leaning towards more man-to-man with their size and recovery speed? That's fine in my opinion as long as this front seven does what it's supposed to do.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2020, 09:23 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-24-2020, 03:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Gene Smith actually worked for this franchise, and I have no doubt I would take several message board posters ability to draft over his.

Pfft!

I am pretty confident a lot of us could have "led" this franchise to 12 top 10 picks in 13 years, with no end in sight!

I think a pro’s value is shown with a pick like Bartch.   Little known. Under the radar. With the wealth of scouting info by media and avid nerds, making picks is just balancing value, needs, and opportunity. Pros shine with the little known guys.

(04-27-2020, 09:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude tweeted out “I’m definitely not choosing #20”

Hahah I like him a little more now.

Right there with you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(04-24-2020, 03:53 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Gene Smith actually worked for this franchise, and I have no doubt I would take several message board posters ability to draft over his.

Pfft!

Fair.... but let's call Gene what he was
an exception to the rule of GMs. Rarely if ever will we see a man draft as well as Jeans Miff

But Henderson AND K'Lavon are no Tyson and Anger selections if we're being honest with ourselves.
At least you hope so....

And Gene is not an exception. The NFL is littered with awful GMs. Grigson, Bill O’Brien, Packers GM this year.... 

I’m 100% certain I could have done a better job than Gene considering scouting and drafting players isn’t even my full time job. It’s amazing how some of these GMs get and retain jobs.

(04-24-2020, 04:51 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Yeah he didn’t want to come here.

I disagree.  Personally, I think the moment hits players differently.  He's from a really good high school in Miami (in the nice Coral Gables area) so the more I read about him, the more I think he was just blown away by the moment (and just held back tears).  I saw this a lot this year ..... more personal sides of players in their living rooms than we get from the big NYC draft gathering.

CJ gave up 1 TD his entire college career.

I'm a little concerned about the tackling. From the few highlights I've seen, he doesn't seem to want to tackle at all. It looks like he's hoping someone else will make the tackle.

(04-28-2020, 07:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm a little concerned about the tackling. From the few highlights I've seen, he doesn't seem to want to tackle at all. It looks like he's hoping someone else will make the tackle.

He also got dominated physically at the catch point last year. Neither one was a major concern in 2018 so I'm hoping he just played timid last year because he was trying to preserve his first round draft status and $$$ and now that he has secured the bag he will become more physical again.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2020, 11:03 AM by AlphaJag.)

(04-24-2020, 02:54 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I thought he looked emotional, not that he wasn’t happy.

A little insider info....my kid is a GA coach at Florida and he just told me CJ is an almost awkwardly quiet dude. Works his butt off, but is just really introverted.

Confirmed Anti-Ramsey:

The silent assassin, in the mould of Nnamdi Asomugha and Stephon Gilmore. Show up, lock 'em down and go home.

(04-28-2020, 11:02 AM)AlphaJag Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 02:54 PM)knarnn Wrote: Confirmed Anti-Ramsey:

The silent assassin, in the mould of Nnamdi Asomugha and Stephon Gilmore. Show up, lock 'em down and go home.

I hope the Oakland version as opposed to the Eagles version.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]