Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Anyone still doubt that the fix is in?

At least 7 members of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases have financial ties to Remdesivir maker Gilead, including 2 of the 3 co-chairs.

https://defyccc.com/covid-19-panel-gilead-ties/

What about HCQ?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/02/p...loroquine/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-03-2020, 11:40 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Anyone still doubt that the fix is in?  

At least 7 members of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases have financial ties to Remdesivir maker Gilead, including 2 of the 3 co-chairs.

https://defyccc.com/covid-19-panel-gilead-ties/

What about HCQ?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/02/p...loroquine/

I wonder how many people have died because the #orangemanbad crowd chose to side with Big Pharma and discredit the use of the one treatment that has strong circumstantial evidence of positive results, all because Trump merely mentioned chloroquine as a potential "game changer" in one of his press conferences.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

For the Globalists, Trump lied, Americans died sounds better that Trump found the cure but we squashed it.

Cure is a strong word, best available treatment would be a better description, but the point still remains. India is using it as a profolactic. Spain is using it on 75% of patients. Steve smith is treating hu deeds of patients. South Dakota is doing a statewide study. 6 months from now or so, all the data will be crystal clear and I think a lot of people are going to have a lot to answer for.

As for fauci, to completely ignore the French studies and dismiss others as anecdotal and then run out and call the remdesivir study proof of concept and publicly say it will be "standard of care" is professional prostitution.

(05-03-2020, 11:10 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 09:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: I agree, "deaths by causes other than Covid" in the graph is suspiciously low. Like you, I suspect that number was manipulated. But total deaths was not manipulated. And it's higher. Even though there's a lockdown. The only point I'm making is you cannot look at these numbers and deny that this particular virus is a very unique and serious threat, and that the lockdown was the best of many bad solutions to it.

I agree that the virus is more serious than most seasonal flu. But the point of the graph was not disputing that, it was to point out that "other causes" is suspiciously low. I don't think it even falls to the level of "suspicion" but more like "almost certainly" that the numbers have been grossly manipulated.

As far as the "best solution" that's still debatable. As JJ keeps trying to remind you, the lockdown was not intended to keep people from dying. It was only intended to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. That was never close to being the case, even in NYC (and victims can be moved to hospitals in other locations, a fact which seems to be totally ignored). Unless the lockdown lasts long enough to completely destroy the US economy, or some miraculous cure or vaccine is developed before then, the same number of people will end up dead and our economy will have been set back roughly two years.

It may have been the "best solution" given the knowledge at the time, but that's like saying that the Bears made the best choice when they picked Trubisky instead of Mahomes or Watson. Hindsight says a lockdown wasn't the best solution.

Also, the premise was that heath care utilization would exceed capacity-meaning that people needing a ventilator wouldn't be able to get it.  

In reality that surge never manifest, but the arbitrary proactive rationing of the rest of healthcare resources (canceling elective procedures) has poisoned the entire system !  Of the 5% GDP lost in the 1st quarter, nearly half is in the healthcare sector.  Hospitals are laying off record numbers of staff, some healthcare providers are closing their doors.  

What does that mean?  That means that instead of people not having the ventilator they need, 50: of chemotherapy has been cancelled or delayed, biopsies, coronary procedures etc.  You also have a situation where stroke patients aren't going to the er, same with heart attacks, other chronic conditions etc.  

So it becomes pretty evident pretty quickly that mikez premise "there is no other explanation for an elevation in total deaths" is not only fundamentally flawed. Its fundamentally inverted.  There's going to be an entire cross section of the population that had gasoline poured on underlying morbidities that have and will result in increased mortality.

“I think we’re learning every day about the virus and how it interacts with us as human hosts. And that’s been very important to constantly be triangulating data,” Birx said. “I think we underestimated very early on the number of asymptomatic cases. And I think we’re really beginning to understand there are people that get infected that those symptoms are so low-grade that they don’t even know that they’re infected.”

“This is a very complex virus and I want to be very clear: It’s highly transmissible, very infectious, and a lot of people have become infected,” Birx continued. “And what we’ve known now from the very beginning, if you have co-morbidities, if you have heart disease, if you have diabetes, if you have asthma, if you have cancer, if you’re immunosuppressed — all of those issues make you susceptible to a much more difficult course.”

tl;dr "Sorry everyone, we destroyed the world economy over pretty much nothing."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-04-2020, 08:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: “I think we’re learning every day about the virus and how it interacts with us as human hosts. And that’s been very important to constantly be triangulating data,” Birx said. “I think we underestimated very early on the number of asymptomatic cases. And I think we’re really beginning to understand there are people that get infected that those symptoms are so low-grade that they don’t even know that they’re infected.”

“This is a very complex virus and I want to be very clear: It’s highly transmissible, very infectious, and a lot of people have become infected,” Birx continued. “And what we’ve known now from the very beginning, if you have co-morbidities, if you have heart disease, if you have diabetes, if you have asthma, if you have cancer, if you’re immunosuppressed — all of those issues make you susceptible to a much more difficult course.”

tl;dr "Sorry everyone, we destroyed the world economy over pretty much nothing."

+1

You guys seem to be saying, it wasn't as bad as they said it would be, therefore we didn't need to do what we did. No. It wasn't as bad as they said because we did what we did.

Whether you think it was worth it is another question.

But the statement- we did A so that B wouldn't happen, and B did not happen, therefore we did not need to do A. ???

(05-04-2020, 09:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You guys seem to be saying, it wasn't as bad as they said it would be, therefore we didn't need to do what we did.  No.  It wasn't as bad as they said because we did what we did.  

Unfortunately, that's just not true.  By every calculation in both the imperial college model, and the IHME model Florida should be smoldering ash right now.  There were basic assumptions in both doomsday models that were fundamentally flawed.  Neil Ferguson specifically has made a career out of false pandemic modeling.  He predicted millions of deaths for Bird Flu and Swine Flu, neither materialized.  

Whether you think it was worth it is another question.  

But the statement- we did A so that B wouldn't happen, and B did not happen, therefore we did not need to do A.   ???

No, We did A because of assumptions B&C.  B&C were demonstrably wrong, so therefore A was the wrong move to make.  As Flsportsgod has pointed out, when all o our "betters" were locking away the country they were basing that assumption on an infection mortality rate in the order of 4 to 7% and an infection mortality rate of 15 to 20%.  As we learn more through serological surveys we now know those numbers were off by ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE.  The Final mortality rate will be estimated at less than 1% and the hospitalization rate will be less than 10%.  Now, even with those numbers its possible to have an inordinate level of viral penetration in a place like New York City, Lombardi Italy or Wuhan China that can put stress on your HC system, but the universal fear going into the public policy decision making was "everyone is going to wind up like Italy, its just a matter of time, Just set up the triage tents."  No one stopped to think and and say, wait a minute Italy only has roughly 8.5 ICU beds per 100k people.  The US is roughly 4 times that amount.  Italy's healthcare system has been facing chronic systemic shortages and overruns for years, America's hospitals generally run between 10 to 20% vacant.  Italy didn't have the kind of dynamic adaptive private healthcare resources that we have etc.  All these factors would have let anyone paying attention know that there was no circumstance in which a system that handled 800k Flu hospitalizations 2 years ago was going to be seriously overrun with an upper respiratory infection once we brought the full weight of American Economic potential to bear.  

In the final analysis, the biggest crush that we felt was for PPE and testing in the early parts of the contagion.  I think that history will ultimately point out that this was generally a waste of resources.  By that i mean that the overwhelming majority of tests in the country came back negative, and the contagions profile means that there is an asymptomatic population so large that a.) contact tracing is impossible (if not immoral the way its being proposed. b.) you were never going to be able to test everyone anyway.  Testing should have been focused diagnostically to treat those who needed hospitalization and acute care.  It shouldn't have been used as a feeder for CNN or MSNBC's doomsday clock of new daily cases.  In reality, the surge in testing gave us a false reading on the r0 of the virus, coupled with the false assumption that western contamination started in late January 2020 instead of late 2019 you have what appeared to be an exponential curve, that was never quite as exponential as we thought.  So we burned through millions and millions of masks, gloves, gowns etc. to tell hundreds of thousands of people that they didn't have COVID-19 or that there case would only require isolation.  from a viral mitigation standpoint, it doesn't matter if you have the flu or the corona virus.  presume positive and self isolation would have had the same mitigating affect without having to burn through as many physical resources.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 04:29 PM by copycat.)

(05-01-2020, 08:54 AM)Gabe Wrote: On a lighter note, my wife finally tested negative for CV19.

Our best guess is that she contracted it in the few days before she first tested (March 18), as opposed to what we originally thought that she had it in the first week of March. Up until this past week, she'd had some symptoms off & on. However, we'll never know for certain. Regardless, she's going to be donating plasma next week

Good news Gabe!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Anyone been following this Chicago mayor? Holy crap.

Scary what life would look like right now with Gillum and a Democrat mayor here.

Anybody else catch the fake news about reopening the Duval beaches?  #FloridaMorons hashtag accompanied by a picture showing people on a beach. 
The picture was taken in California in February.  Note the line of hills in the background.  Nothing like that in Duval.

[Image: q38o0h9.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 10:17 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

Fauci knew for 15 years that HCQ was effective at both TREATING and PREVENTING SARS-CoV

https://onenewsnow.com/perspectives/brya...ded-to-die

The Virology Journal - the official publication of Dr. Fauci’s National Institutes of Health - published what is now a blockbuster article on August 22, 2005, under the heading - get ready for this - “Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread.” (Emphasis mine throughout.) Write the researchers, “We report...that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage.”

This means, of course, that Dr. Fauci (pictured at right) has known for 15 years that chloroquine and it’s even milder derivative hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) will not only treat a current case of coronavirus (“therapeutic”) but prevent future cases (“prophylactic”). So HCQ functions as both a cure and a vaccine. In other words, it’s a wonder drug for coronavirus. Said Dr. Fauci’s NIH in 2005, “concentrations of 10 μM completely abolished SARS-CoV infection.” Fauci’s researchers add, “chloroquine can effectively reduce the establishment of infection and spread of SARS-CoV.”

(05-05-2020, 07:15 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Anybody else catch the fake news about reopening the Duval beaches?  #FloridaMorons hashtag accompanied by a picture showing people on a beach. 
The picture was taken in California in February.  Note the line of hills in the background.  Nothing like that in Duval.

I think that's Jacksonville Beach.

(05-05-2020, 10:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 07:15 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Anybody else catch the fake news about reopening the Duval beaches?  #FloridaMorons hashtag accompanied by a picture showing people on a beach. 

I think that's Jacksonville Beach.

It is, it's just old.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(05-05-2020, 10:17 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Fauci knew for 15 years that HCQ was effective at both TREATING and PREVENTING SARS-CoV

The Virology Journal - the official publication of Dr. Fauci’s National Institutes of Health - published what is now a blockbuster article on August 22, 2005, under the heading - get ready for this - “Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread.” (Emphasis mine throughout.) Write the researchers, “We report...that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage.”

This means, of course, that Dr. Fauci (pictured at right) has known for 15 years that chloroquine and it’s even milder derivative hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) will not only treat a current case of coronavirus (“therapeutic”) but prevent future cases (“prophylactic”). So HCQ functions as both a cure and a vaccine. In other words, it’s a wonder drug for coronavirus. Said Dr. Fauci’s NIH in 2005, “concentrations of 10 μM completely abolished SARS-CoV infection.” Fauci’s researchers add, “chloroquine can effectively reduce the establishment of infection and spread of SARS-CoV.”

All I can do is just shake my head...

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 12:58 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(05-05-2020, 12:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 10:17 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Fauci knew for 15 years that HCQ was effective at both TREATING and PREVENTING SARS-CoV

All I can do is just shake my head...

I'm thinking pitchforks would be the saner response.  If this is true (and the report is currently here at the NIH website), then Fauci truly is responsible for all these deaths.

That photo is Jacksonville Beach taken April 17, 2020.  The problem is that it was taken with a telephoto lens which makes it appear more crowded, hence the reason why the dunes look like "hills" in the background.  Note the "height" of the waves.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-05-2020, 12:58 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 12:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote: All I can do is just shake my head...

I'm thinking pitchforks would be the saner response.  If this is true (and the report is currently here at the NIH website), then Fauci truly is responsible for all these deaths.

Lol.  This is nothing!  Fauci okd and helped fund the "gain of function" viral research @ a certain Wuhan lab that's been in the news recently.  In a sane world he would have resigned the moment the intelligence assessments came in.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 02:25 PM by The Real Marty.)

First of all, you're assuming: he read the article, he remembers the article, and he secretly agrees with the article.  That's a lot of assumptions. 

Secondly, I don't recall Fauci saying anything about Hydroxychloroquine other than that the idea that it will alleviate or cure Covid-19 is speculative and unproven.  

I don't know what you are trying to prove here.  Fauci is just doing his job.  He has no personal stake in Chloroquine or Remdesovir.  

And if you don't like the decisions the government is making, why are you not blaming Trump?  Fauci is just an advisor.  The buck stops with Trump.  Or maybe you think Trump is just too stupid/gullible to see what you see?

MAGAworld is like a hall of mirrors, where up is down, black is white, and everyone is lying except Trump.  And everything bad that happens is not Trump's fault; it's all a conspiracy to make Trump look bad.