Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

I would get tested without notifying my employer so I can continue to work, then when the results come back and if they are positive let my employer know, then get sent home with pay. 

A lot of companies are beginning to not pay employees the 14 days away from work without results. They are only paying for the documented illness.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-20-2020, 09:48 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: I would get tested without notifying my employer so I can continue to work, then when the results come back and if they are positive let my employer know, then get sent home with pay. 

A lot of companies are beginning to not pay employees the 14 days away from work without results. They are only paying for the documented illness.

Yea that’s our company as well, we don’t pay to avoid getting sick we pay for people that are sick.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Seems like a pretty strong flu

(06-20-2020, 05:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Seems like a pretty strong flu

Yea I’ve always had a problem with many on the right talking about this as just a flu. My coworker told me today on the phone that he’s never experienced anything like this. He’s a 25 year retired vet one of the toughest guys I’ve known, he worked the flight deck on the navy and a cable that catches the plans snapped and wrecked him bad, had to relearn how to walk, stand, talk he’s lucky to be alive. He told me this virus had him in cold sweats so bad he started shaking and passed out twice. He went from ok Tuesday to a temp of 104 in 36 hours. I don’t want any part of what he’s going through.

Gotta slow down that testing man.....

(06-20-2020, 11:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Gotta slow down that testing man.....

When we test, we get confirmed cases. And we can't have those. So we can't test.

Still haven't met anyone that has had it.

But I know business owners who killed themselves.

Worth it!

(06-21-2020, 06:45 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Still haven't met anyone that has had it.

But I know business owners who killed themselves.

Worth it!

I know 12 since the beaches outbreak, including one family member who tested positive last week. None have had more than a mild URI so far. I'm going to test tomorrow as a precaution.

Yep, it certainly is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-20-2020, 10:20 PM)EricC85 Wrote:

Yea I’ve always had a problem with many on the right talking about this as just a flu. My coworker told me today on the phone that he’s never experienced anything like this. He’s a 25 year retired vet one of the toughest guys I’ve known, he worked the flight deck on the navy and a cable that catches the plans snapped and wrecked him bad, had to relearn how to walk, stand, talk he’s lucky to be alive. He told me this virus had him in cold sweats so bad he started shaking and passed out twice. He went from ok Tuesday to a temp of 104 in 36 hours. I don’t want any part of what he’s going through.

How many times has your friend had the actual flu? Most people who think they have really haven't, and the flu is very much like what you just described. That's why it kills 60 to 100k Americans every year even with a vaccine available.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Well 2nd guy has symptoms at hospital getting tested now after fever all day yesterday guess I’ll go after work just in case and keep my mouth shut in The mean time

I’m negative thankfully

(06-21-2020, 05:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I’m negative thankfully

Here's hoping you stay that way!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-21-2020, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 05:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I’m negative thankfully

Here's hoping you stay that way!

Yea the 2nd guy came back positive so that’s two of our 9 man crew positive and 3 more in quarantine waiting results

(06-21-2020, 08:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: Here's hoping you stay that way!

Yea the 2nd guy came back positive so that’s two of our 9 man crew positive and 3 more in quarantine waiting results

I wonder what the liability is on this? Obviously if 2 people on a crew have it, there is an issue. For employees and potential interactions with customers, if you have any, it would probably cost less to either shut down for 2 weeks with pay or isolate to where 1 or 2 people max work at the same time and move to 3 shifts until everyone is cleared. Trying to say you either keep coming to work or stay home until cleared opens the company up to lawsuits. You can't say where the 1st person got it, you also can't identify the 1st person, but the 2nd or others can clearly say they got it at work.

So when does Trump tell Pence that he’s fired?

(06-21-2020, 11:27 PM)TJBender Wrote: So when does Trump tell Pence that he’s fired?

Why? Were is ancestors slave owners and the word Pence is offensive the men who pee sitting down?

(06-22-2020, 07:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 11:27 PM)TJBender Wrote: So when does Trump tell Pence that he’s fired?

Why? Were is ancestors slave owners and the word Pence is offensive the men who pee sitting down?

Pence is in charge of the coronavirus task force. So far, all that task force has done is, well, whatever Trump told them to, leading up to the uptick in cases and the White House quietly preparing for a second wave.

Interesting factoid- a President cannot fire a Vice President.

(06-22-2020, 08:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting factoid- a President cannot fire a Vice President.

Do you really think that would stop the current President from trying? He'll just draw up an executive order. He really enjoys doing that when it's time to ignore the Constitution.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 08:54 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(06-22-2020, 08:24 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why? Were is ancestors slave owners and the word Pence is offensive the men who pee sitting down?

Pence is in charge of the coronavirus task force. So far, all that task force has done is, well, whatever Trump told them to, leading up to the uptick in cases and the White House quietly preparing for a second wave.

Who is to blame for the so-called 2nd wave in your opinion? Are you implying it is the task force' fault and the leader of that task force should be "fired"?

(06-22-2020, 08:42 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 08:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting factoid- a President cannot fire a Vice President.

Do you really think that would stop the current President from trying? He'll just draw up an executive order. He really enjoys doing that when it's time to ignore the Constitution.

It isn't your president trying to take away your constitutional rights TJ. Wake up, Jesus.