Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-01-2020, 03:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What do the liberals have to say to supporting abortion, my body my choice? If it's my body, then I don't have to wear a mask if I choose, it is my choice and you can't stop it.

I don't care what the liberals have to say about abortion.  I care about you wearing a mask so you don't spread the virus.  

Not wearing a mask just because you have a right not to wear a mask is just selfish.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-01-2020, 04:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 04:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just in case you forgot, the simple truth is that all the stats you read are overstated. And yet here we are with people at each other's throats over this bull [BLEEP]. 

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...-covid-19/

Gov. Ron DeSantis also said during a press conference that the total number of tests is reflected in the dashboard display.
“It’s not unique individuals, it’s total test,” he said.

State officials have said in recent weeks that increased testing has been at least part of the reason for a string of record-one day cases.
So how many people have been tested so far? That’s still not clear.

News4Jax emailed the Florida Department of Health asking the total number of people tested and the number of retest the state has done, but so far they have not sent us an answer.

If we're doing so great, how come the EU has banned Americans from travelling over there?  The United States, Brazil, and Russia, those are the only countries they have banned.

SCREW THAT [BLEEP] !!!   I SAY WE BAN TOGETHER WITH BRAZIL, RUSSIA, CHINA, JAPAN, AND ANY OF THE OTHER MAJOR POWERS THAT THE EU BANNED AND RAID THEM LIKE WE DID WHEN WE TOOK NORMANDY !!!  WE NEED TO COME INTO PARIS, LONDON, MADRID, BERLIN, AND BRUSSELS BY AIR, SEA, AND GROUND !!!

I'M NOT SAYING WE USE ANY WEAPONS OR ANYTHING BUT LET'S GO IN THERE WITHOUT MASKS AND HIT THEIR RESTAURANTS, SHOPPING CENTERS, AND MUSEUMS !!

(07-01-2020, 04:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 04:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just in case you forgot, the simple truth is that all the stats you read are overstated. And yet here we are with people at each other's throats over this bull [BLEEP]. 

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...-covid-19/

Gov. Ron DeSantis also said during a press conference that the total number of tests is reflected in the dashboard display.
“It’s not unique individuals, it’s total test,” he said.

State officials have said in recent weeks that increased testing has been at least part of the reason for a string of record-one day cases.
So how many people have been tested so far? That’s still not clear.

News4Jax emailed the Florida Department of Health asking the total number of people tested and the number of retest the state has done, but so far they have not sent us an answer.

If we're doing so great, how come the EU has banned Americans from travelling over there?  The United States, Brazil, and Russia, those are the only countries they have banned.

Why would we care what Euros think of us?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-01-2020, 03:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 03:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What do the liberals have to say to supporting abortion, my body my choice? If it's my body, then I don't have to wear a mask if I choose, it is my choice and you can't stop it.

Masks are clothing. Outside the body. Take them on and off every day.
Gestation is inside the body, takes place over 9 months.
These things aren't at all similar.
If the government can't require you to cover your nose and mouth, then it can't require you to cover your crotch either.  
Common sense dictates that the government can make you wear a mask.

Missed his point. His point is that if he wants to risk inhaling the virus, he has the right to do so if he chooses. The mask is irrelevant. To address that, masks are there to help you not spread to other people. It's really not that big a deal to wear a mask, as long as the government is clear about their goals. I also think DeSantis is doing a good job.

(07-01-2020, 05:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 04:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: If we're doing so great, how come the EU has banned Americans from travelling over there?  The United States, Brazil, and Russia, those are the only countries they have banned.

Why would we care what Euros think of us?

Is everything an us v them with you?

The virus is currently out of control in the US and therefore probably not wise to have a load of American tourists flocking to Europe.

You should be mad at the response from those in charge.

(07-01-2020, 03:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Masks are clothing. Outside the body. Take them on and off every day.
If the government can't require you to cover your nose and mouth, then it can't require you to cover your crotch either.  

To your first point in bold, yes they are similar.  It's all about preserving human life.  Perhaps you can preserve a human life by wearing a mask, just like not killing a human life that hasn't been born.

To your second point in bold.  Government can't "dictate" or "make you" wear any type of clothing.  To do so is very similar to what the German government did prior to WWII.

(07-01-2020, 04:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I don't care what the liberals have to say about abortion.  I care about you wearing a mask so you don't spread the virus.  

Not wearing a mask just because you have a right not to wear a mask is just selfish.

Mandating that I wear a mask just because someone else is afraid to get sick is just selfish (on the scared person's part).

Here's a thought.  If people are vulnerable or afraid that they might get sick, how about allow them to stay home and quarantine while the rest of us go on with our daily lives?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

People who complain about wearing a mask that it takes away their freedom are cry baby pansy wimps.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2020, 09:08 PM by mikesez.)

(07-01-2020, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 03:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: Masks are clothing. Outside the body. Take them on and off every day.

To your first point in bold, yes they are similar.  It's all about preserving human life.  Perhaps you can preserve a human life by wearing a mask, just like not killing a human life that hasn't been born.

To your second point in bold.  Government can't "dictate" or "make you" wear any type of clothing.  To do so is very similar to what the German government did prior to WWII.

(07-01-2020, 04:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't care what the liberals have to say about abortion.  I care about you wearing a mask so you don't spread the virus.  

Mandating that I wear a mask just because someone else is afraid to get sick is just selfish (on the scared person's part).

Here's a thought.  If people are vulnerable or afraid that they might get sick, how about allow them to stay home and quarantine while the rest of us go on with our daily lives?

Comparing the two in terms of preserving lives is a big reach.  Society doesn't agree about when or if a fetus is a life. If a fetus is a life, abortion kills every single time. But if a fetus is not alive, abortion never kills. It's a philosophical question with a simple answer once you choose a precept.
Everyone agrees that wearing a mask only becomes "effective" when infected people wear them.  The ambiguity is, infected people often believe they are uninfected. So the best message is to tell everyone to wear one. That's a scientific question, whose answer lies deep in Bayesian statistics.

As to your comment of, "why don't they stay home and quarantine?" what an ignorant and sheltered thing to say!
They will be evicted! Their car will be repossessed!  then they won't have a home to stay in!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-01-2020, 03:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: Masks are clothing. Outside the body. Take them on and off every day.

(07-01-2020, 04:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't care what the liberals have to say about abortion.  I care about you wearing a mask so you don't spread the virus.  

Or just wear a mask ya big baby.

Yeah those selfish people in higher risk groups are selfish for wanting to be a part of the rest of society.

Not the person who can't bring themself to wear a mask.

It's the same selfish people that get mad when you run red lights.

Here's a thought.

Try giving a [BLEEP] about someone on this planet besides yourself. 

You're whining like a child over an incredibly minor inconvenience. You CAN go on with your life with zero alteration besides putting this little piece of fabric over your mouth and nose. 

It's so petty.

(07-01-2020, 09:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: To your first point in bold, yes they are similar.  It's all about preserving human life.  Perhaps you can preserve a human life by wearing a mask, just like not killing a human life that hasn't been born.

Here's a thought.

Try giving a [BLEEP] about someone on this planet besides yourself. 

You're whining like a child over an incredibly minor inconvenience. You CAN go on with your life with zero alteration besides putting this little piece of fabric over your mouth and nose. 

It's so petty.

You don't usually even have to wear it that often, or for that long. Just when you get near people. 

It's damn sad when common courtesy must be mandated
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-01-2020, 08:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: To your first point in bold, yes they are similar.  It's all about preserving human life.  Perhaps you can preserve a human life by wearing a mask, just like not killing a human life that hasn't been born.

Or just wear a mask ya big baby.

Since he's already had and recovered from the 'rona he's not someone to snark at about mask wearing.

Leave the house naked tomorrow and let us know how far you get.

(07-01-2020, 11:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 08:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Or just wear a mask ya big baby.

Since he's already had and recovered from the 'rona he's not someone to snark at about mask wearing.

Thought that was self diagnosed?

Here's an even better thought.  How about you wear a mask so other people don't have to stay home?  I mean, seriously, you don't think it's selfish to make other people stay home because you don't want to wear a mask?  What's the big deal about wearing a mask?  It's a tiny sacrifice on your part so other people can get back to leading a semi-normal life.  Weigh the two options- you wearing a mask, or other people having to stay home, with all the effects that has on people's lives and the economy.

The only curve we can flatten is a log curve. Without maths trickery, we're absolutely f*&ked. Infections getting worse and worse every day.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 04:30 AM by captivating.)

What we've learned:

The under 30's are the most self centred a holes on the planet
Anti-mask wearers run a close second - I call them the perineums of the planet
It leaves just one question - who are the dumbest c's on the planet - those who are convinced COVID is no worse than the flu.