Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-05-2020, 10:28 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/me...le-n392431

From this article:

The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia) is associated with an impairment in immunity. Studies have shown that hypoxia can inhibit the type of main immune cells used to fight viral infections called the CD4+ T-lymphocyte.

This occurs because the hypoxia increases the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible factor-1 (HIF-1), which inhibits T-lymphocytes and stimulates a powerful immune inhibitor cell called the Tregs. . This sets the stage for contracting any infection, including COVID-19 and making the consequences of that infection much graver. In essence, your mask may very well put you at an increased risk of infections and if so, having a much worse outcome.

Thatsnothowthisworks-thatsnothowanyofthisworks.gif
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-05-2020, 10:28 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/me...le-n392431

From this article:

The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia)

Masks do not reduce oxygen levels.

Next. 

https://twitter.com/lennycurry/status/12...36321?s=20

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 09:20 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-06-2020, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

From this article:

Next. 

Were you a crossing guard in 5th grade? I hope you were.

Also, I love how people like you refuse to acknowledge how anti-police demonstrations, rioting, and looting was a major contributor to the spike in new cases.

(07-06-2020, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Masks do not reduce oxygen levels.

Next. 

Were you a crossing guard in 5th grade? I hope you were.

Also, I love how people like you refuse to acknowledge how anti-police demonstrations, rioting, and looting was a major contributor to the spike in new cases.

People like me? What do you mean?  

LOL

Just providing some truth to the ignorant and (in your case) plain stupid. 
You are welcome.

While we're at it, here's some more truth for you. Contact tracing in three FL counties that have had large protests points directly to bars and restaurants and not protests. 

Next.

(07-06-2020, 09:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Were you a crossing guard in 5th grade? I hope you were.

People like me? What do you mean?  

LOL

You are welcome.

While we're at it, here's some more truth for you. Contact tracing in three FL counties that have had large protests points directly to bars and restaurants and not protests. 

Next.

So you still won't acknowledge it. Got it.

The quicker the spread the faster the recovery. It is very simple. Herd immunity is the only way around this thing. It's been the same as long as humans have been evolving on this planet and will remain that way until the end of human evolution on this planet. If by chance we make it to another planet the same will go for there. Humans die from illness, sometime in masses and some times a trickle.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(07-06-2020, 09:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 09:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: People like me? What do you mean?  

LOL

You are welcome.

Next.

So you still won't acknowledge it. Got it.

I acknowledged it by refuting it with fact.  No, you clearly didn't "get it." Which is why I keep insulting your intelligence.  

Orange, Seminole, Brevard and Volusia counties all reported contact tracing that led directly to bars and restaurants from their positive testing. DeSantis has since had the FLDOH remove that information from their website. 

Quote:News 6 contacted the Florida Department of Health locations in the nine Central Florida counties.

Four of them, Orange, Seminole, Brevard and Volusia, recorded local outbreaks that stemmed from drinking establishments.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/...uidelines/

(07-06-2020, 09:40 AM)Jagwired Wrote: The quicker the spread the faster the recovery. It is very simple. Herd immunity is the only way around this thing. It's been the same as long as humans have been evolving on this planet and will remain that way until the end of human evolution on this planet. If by chance we make it to another planet the same will go for there. Humans die from illness, sometime in masses and some times a trickle.

So - you just don't give a [BLEEP] that this ^ method will kill a few hundred thousand more people than social distancing would?

(07-06-2020, 09:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
JagwiredThe quicker the spread the faster the recovery. It is very simple. Herd immunity is the only way around this thing. It's been the same as long as humans have been evolving on this planet and will remain that way until the end of human evolution on this planet. If by chance we make it to another planet the same will go for there. Humans die from illness, sometime in masses and some times a trickle.

So - you just don't give a [BLEEP] that this ^ method will kill a few hundred thousand more people than social distancing would?
Yeah because that is what I wrote. Nothing in what I typed gives a clue to what I give a [BLEEP] about or not. It is not a method, it is human evolution.

You are really bitter these days. I feel for you as this COVID obviously has affected your mental state and I sincerely hope things get better for you but this virus is never going away. Herd immunity must be achieved.

(07-06-2020, 10:08 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 09:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
JagwiredThe quicker the spread the faster the recovery. It is very simple. Herd immunity is the only way around this thing. It's been the same as long as humans have been evolving on this planet and will remain that way until the end of human evolution on this planet. If by chance we make it to another planet the same will go for there. Humans die from illness, sometime in masses and some times a trickle.

Yeah because that is what I wrote. Nothing in what I typed gives a clue to what I give a [BLEEP] about or not. It is not a method, it is human evolution.

You are really bitter these days. I feel for you as this COVID obviously has affected your mental state and I sincerely hope things get better for you but this virus is never going away. Herd immunity must be achieved.

A herd immunity approach will result in tens of thousands more deaths in the US than a social distancing approach at the very bare minimum - and much more likely a large six figure number.  

Are you promoting an abandonment of distancing - or just trying to say that "eventually" we'll achieve herd immunity if we don't have a vaccine?

Many people are promoting and calling for a herd immunity active approach to getting past this pandemic. 
If you aren't one of those people, I apologize for the bitter tone.  If you are one of those people - we disagree on generally sacrificing human lives for the sake of the economy.

(07-06-2020, 10:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 10:08 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Yeah because that is what I wrote. Nothing in what I typed gives a clue to what I give a [BLEEP] about or not. It is not a method, it is human evolution.

A herd immunity approach will result in tens of thousands more deaths in the US than a social distancing approach at the very bare minimum - and much more likely a large six figure number.  

Are you promoting an abandonment of distancing - or just trying to say that "eventually" we'll achieve herd immunity if we don't have a vaccine?

Many people are promoting and calling for a herd immunity active approach to getting past this pandemic. 
If you aren't one of those people, I apologize for the bitter tone.  If you are one of those people - we disagree on generally sacrificing human lives for the sake of the economy.
I believe that social distancing only slows the inevitable, whether that is good or bad I'm not sure. Even with the introduction of a vaccine we will still see many deaths per yer from here on out. Just as with many illnesses. Personally I adhere to the guidelines recommended as courtesy mainly, not that I necessarily agree that they really mitigate any spread all that much.

I also realize that people must eat and pay bills and that the folks via their taxes that make that possible for the many that are out of work simply cannot continue to do that in a economy that is so severely crippled. Our economy is the lifeblood of this nation and it's collapse will lead to millions of deaths, not 100's of thousands. Those deaths will come not only here but all around the planet where American dependency exists.

(07-06-2020, 10:55 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 10:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: A herd immunity approach will result in tens of thousands more deaths in the US than a social distancing approach at the very bare minimum - and much more likely a large six figure number.  

I believe that social distancing only slows the inevitable, whether that is good or bad I'm not sure. Even with the introduction of a vaccine we will still see many deaths per yer from here on out. Just as with many illnesses. Personally I adhere to the guidelines recommended as courtesy mainly, not that I necessarily agree that they really mitigate any spread all that much.

I also realize that people must eat and pay bills and that the folks via their taxes that make that possible for the many that are out of work simply cannot continue to do that in a economy that is so severely crippled. Our economy is the lifeblood of this nation and it's collapse will lead to millions of deaths, not 100's of thousands. Those deaths will come not only here but all around the planet where American dependency exists.

...or we could continue to mitigate the spread with distancing until a vaccine is created and none of the bolded happens.

That's a very extreme long term worst case scenario you're speculating there. 
We aren't anywhere near the cusp of such an outcome yet.

(07-06-2020, 10:55 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 10:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: A herd immunity approach will result in tens of thousands more deaths in the US than a social distancing approach at the very bare minimum - and much more likely a large six figure number.  

It's not inevitable!
The number of infections only grows if each person who has it today spreads it to more than one new person.
If they spread it to less than one new person, the number of new infections will keep going down until it's zero.  Social distancing and masks both reduce new infections.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Wonder if there have been any updates recently by the WHO....

I look forward to the day COVID-19 goes away, whether that be November 4th, 2020 or January 20th, 2025.

Shouldn’t some of you be at the rally downtown? Lol

(07-06-2020, 11:25 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Wonder if there have been any updates recently by the WHO....

Soon. Currently they are compiling a report damning the U.S. for spreading COVID-19 to China. 

In other news: When inquired as to what organization employed them, WHO personnel were equivocal until asked about Taiwan.

(07-06-2020, 12:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I look forward to the day COVID-19 goes away, whether that be November 4th, 2020 or January 20th, 2025.
Hahaha stealing lines from Tomi I see.

Classic.

(07-06-2020, 12:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I look forward to the day COVID-19 goes away, whether that be November 4th, 2020 or January 20th, 2025.

The Democrats being able to shutdown the entire country against the wishes of the president has been an impressive feat.... Especially for ones such as dumb and weak such as them... wait?!

(07-06-2020, 12:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:

The Democrats being able to shutdown the entire country against the wishes of the president has been an impressive feat.... Especially for ones such as dumb and weak such as them... wait?!

It's really dumb governors and mayors who are the issue.

If you are cool with impacting people's livelihoods and driving some to suicide all in the name of politics, that is a "you" problem.

(07-06-2020, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

From this article:

Next. 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technol...-covid-19/

"Through the COVID-19 crisis, many have become familiar with N95 masks, which filter out 95 percent or more of small particulate matter from the air–including the virus," Xu said in a press statement. "But in filtering those particles, the mask also makes it harder to breathe. N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person."

If masks didn't reduce oxygen, end of story, why are there people working on the solution to this problem?  You're going to ignore all the accounts of negative effects, some of which were shared here and ignore the science that shows negative effects?  I'm at least open to the idea masks are somewhat effective despite conflicting studies, but you're going to completely ignore any negative effects?  Fine, but you can't pretend to be objective.