Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-20-2020, 02:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote: With all the ICU beds in Florida supposedly full, you would expect deaths to be a lot higher. There is very little deaths for all the people testing positive and filling up the hospitals.

So, if fewer people are dying, it's all good, right?

It's just another cold or flu outbreak.

[Image: ZQAYHUPVNRESZOD2QPD7NXTA2A.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-21-2020, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh, okay. That, like, puts them totally on par with Puerto Rico and Hawaii. And, um, Florida...

[Image: SaltyBetterCattle-size_restricted.gif]

Exactly.  
The islands all don't have much COVID, but, the peninsula has a lot.

Cuba was averaging about one new case per day per 500,000 people
Hawaii is averaging about one new case per day per 50,000 people.
You may think that's not very comparable, but we're over here averaging one new case per day per 2,000 people.
Hawaii and Cuba look more similar than Hawaii and Florida do, in terms of dealing with Covid.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-21-2020, 10:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 02:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote: With all the ICU beds in Florida supposedly full, you would expect deaths to be a lot higher. There is very little deaths for all the people testing positive and filling up the hospitals.

So, if fewer people are dying, it's all good, right?

Yes because if fewer people are dying they are either treating it now, although majority of people are being sent home, or it isn't as bad for the vast majority of people. We are in the 6th month (at minimum) and only 150,000 die from a virus with no vaccine or treatment. The flu kills less,  but doctors generally know what to do for the flu, the idiots in NY were killing people by just putting them on ventilators because they didn't know what else to do. Then NY spreads it to the rest of the country.

I probably have it right now. Started like a bad sinus infection and headache for 7 days, then  3-4 days of fever and some coughing. Once the fever was gone, I'm feeling fine. I'm in the high risk category, so I was careful and actually wear a n95 mask to protect myself since I need to but probably still got it. I treated the symptoms and it is going away. As long as you control the fever, it seems fine. 2 older people I know who I haven't interacted with must have gotten around the same time as me and had the same symptoms but 1 of them got pneumonia so they had to go to the hospital for a few hours and got sent home. For most people they are able to deal with it.

(07-22-2020, 12:19 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 10:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So, if fewer people are dying, it's all good, right?

Yes because if fewer people are dying they are either treating it now, although majority of people are being sent home, or it isn't as bad for the vast majority of people. We are in the 6th month (at minimum) and only 150,000 die from a virus with no vaccine or treatment. The flu kills less,  but doctors generally know what to do for the flu, the idiots in NY were killing people by just putting them on ventilators because they didn't know what else to do. Then NY spreads it to the rest of the country.

I probably have it right now. Started like a bad sinus infection and headache for 7 days, then  3-4 days of fever and some coughing. Once the fever was gone, I'm feeling fine. I'm in the high risk category, so I was careful and actually wear a n95 mask to protect myself since I need to but probably still got it. I treated the symptoms and it is going away. As long as you control the fever, it seems fine. 2 older people I know who I haven't interacted with must have gotten around the same time as me and had the same symptoms but 1 of them got pneumonia so they had to go to the hospital for a few hours and got sent home. For most people they are able to deal with it.
“I probably have it” haha just like JIB probably had it?

You don’t have it.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020, 07:49 AM by Jagwired.)

(07-21-2020, 10:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So, if fewer people are dying, it's all good, right?

Is there a particular reason you chose this 3 month old picture to post?

Man, that photo really made the rounds.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(07-22-2020, 07:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

Because RJ is a total phony who constantly pushes fake news. It's who he is.

(07-22-2020, 07:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 12:19 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Yes because if fewer people are dying they are either treating it now, although majority of people are being sent home, or it isn't as bad for the vast majority of people. We are in the 6th month (at minimum) and only 150,000 die from a virus with no vaccine or treatment. The flu kills less,  but doctors generally know what to do for the flu, the idiots in NY were killing people by just putting them on ventilators because they didn't know what else to do. Then NY spreads it to the rest of the country.

You don’t have it.

Lol, you do realize that 95% of all cases are proving to be either completely asymptomatic or just mildly symptomatic, right? I have a half dozen family members now who've tested positive over the last two months and only one of them had any symptoms at all. None of them so much as called their doctor over how they felt. On the flip side, one of my employees, an older woman in poor health was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of her symptoms. Oddly enough, because of her health, she's been quarantined at home since the first part of April; now here we are months later and she contracted the virus somehow without leaving her house. I have no doubt these guys had it, getting it isn't anything close to a death sentence, most people don't even need a doctor.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-22-2020, 07:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

Man, that photo really made the rounds.

At least he didn't use the one where they had the mannequins in each bed with their faces blurred out. Gotta protect the IDs of the dummies, don'tcha know!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-22-2020, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 07:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: “I probably have it” haha just like JIB probably had it?

You don’t have it.

Lol, you do realize that 95% of all cases are proving to be either completely asymptomatic or just mildly symptomatic, right? I have a half dozen family members now who've tested positive over the last two months and only one of them had any symptoms at all. None of them so much as called their doctor over how they felt. On the flip side, one of my employees, an older woman in poor health was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of her symptoms. Oddly enough, because of her health, she's been quarantined at home since the first part of April; now here we are months later and she contracted the virus somehow without leaving her house. I have no doubt these guys had it, getting it isn't anything close to a death sentence, most people don't even need a doctor.
You never know until you go to the doctor.

So saying “I have the sniffles” and then follow it up with “I probably have it” doesn’t make too much sense.

(07-22-2020, 10:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you do realize that 95% of all cases are proving to be either completely asymptomatic or just mildly symptomatic, right? I have a half dozen family members now who've tested positive over the last two months and only one of them had any symptoms at all. None of them so much as called their doctor over how they felt. On the flip side, one of my employees, an older woman in poor health was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of her symptoms. Oddly enough, because of her health, she's been quarantined at home since the first part of April; now here we are months later and she contracted the virus somehow without leaving her house. I have no doubt these guys had it, getting it isn't anything close to a death sentence, most people don't even need a doctor.

So saying “I have the sniffles” and then follow it up with “I probably have it” doesn’t make too much sense.

Isn’t that how the CDC is doing it?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-22-2020, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you do realize that 95% of all cases are proving to be either completely asymptomatic or just mildly symptomatic, right? I have a half dozen family members now who've tested positive over the last two months and only one of them had any symptoms at all. None of them so much as called their doctor over how they felt. On the flip side, one of my employees, an older woman in poor health was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of her symptoms. Oddly enough, because of her health, she's been quarantined at home since the first part of April; now here we are months later and she contracted the virus somehow without leaving her house. I have no doubt these guys had it, getting it isn't anything close to a death sentence, most people don't even need a doctor.

That's pretty much the exact definition of "probable positive" that's being reported as a positive for the statistics.

(07-22-2020, 11:14 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 10:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You never know until you go to the doctor.

Isn’t that how the CDC is doing it?

Beat me to it...

Don't you think a conservative that actually has a brain would use it and look up the symptoms? Why would you call a doctor, what will they tell you? Yep you probably have it, go get tested and stay home. Guess what, that's what I did. I don't just have the sniffles, I actually had 3-4 of the symptoms. I did go a week without most of them though so I didn't think it was covid, but after hearing someone had the exact same experience I had who got a positive test result at the hospital, then I knew what I was headed for. Sure enough I got a fever and the other symptoms.

I don't need your belief or concern, it's worthless, you don't care about anyone but yourself by your beliefs and political viewpoints. I also don't need to brag about having it or not. I also don't need to even get tested, but wanted the proof if I need it later on.

(07-22-2020, 12:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 10:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You never know until you go to the doctor.

Don't you think a conservative that actually has a brain would use it and look up the symptoms? Why would you call a doctor, what will they tell you? Yep you probably have it, go get tested and stay home. Guess what, that's what I did. I don't just have the sniffles, I actually had 3-4 of the symptoms. I did go a week without most of them though so I didn't think it was covid, but after hearing someone had the exact same experience I had who got a positive test result at the hospital, then I knew what I was headed for. Sure enough I got a fever and the other symptoms.

I don't need your belief or concern, it's worthless, you don't care about anyone but yourself by your beliefs and political viewpoints. I also don't need to brag about having it or not. I also don't need to even get tested, but wanted the proof if I need it later on.
Bwahahaha 

Then why are you responding if it appears I don’t care about anyone but myself? Seems like a waste of your time.

Glad you’re ok!

(07-22-2020, 07:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 12:19 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Yes because if fewer people are dying they are either treating it now, although majority of people are being sent home, or it isn't as bad for the vast majority of people. We are in the 6th month (at minimum) and only 150,000 die from a virus with no vaccine or treatment. The flu kills less,  but doctors generally know what to do for the flu, the idiots in NY were killing people by just putting them on ventilators because they didn't know what else to do. Then NY spreads it to the rest of the country.

You don’t have it.

At the time that I suspected that I might have had it, it was when this whole charade was first starting.  You know, back when we had a "shortage" of resources such as hospital beds and very little testing.  When they were making "makeshift" hospital wards for the "thousands" that would be needed and there was a "shortage" of ventilators.  When catching it was supposedly so serious that you would end up needing hospitalization.

I may or may not have had it... I really don't know.  I refrained from getting tested at the time because there were very few tests available at that point.  My reasoning was that I am in relatively good health and wasn't as vulnerable as others (you know... thinking of others rather than myself).  I figured that resources might be needed for others worse off than me.

At this point I really don't care.  The whole thing is no longer a health issue, it's a political issue and has been for quite some time now.  When someone tests positive at the place that I work it's become more of a pain in the [BLEEP] than anything else.  Keep people afraid, keep businesses closed and make them dependent on "Government assistance".

After early November I suspect that there will be a "cure" and/or a "vaccine" for this China virus.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-22-2020, 04:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 07:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: “I probably have it” haha just like JIB probably had it?

You don’t have it.

At the time that I suspected that I might have had it, it was when this whole charade was first starting.  You know, back when we had a "shortage" of resources such as hospital beds and very little testing.  When they were making "makeshift" hospital wards for the "thousands" that would be needed and there was a "shortage" of ventilators.  When catching it was supposedly so serious that you would end up needing hospitalization.

I may or may not have had it... I really don't know.  I refrained from getting tested at the time because there were very few tests available at that point.  My reasoning was that I am in relatively good health and wasn't as vulnerable as others (you know... thinking of others rather than myself).  I figured that resources might be needed for others worse off than me.

At this point I really don't care.  The whole thing is no longer a health issue, it's a political issue and has been for quite some time now.  When someone tests positive at the place that I work it's become more of a pain in the [BLEEP] than anything else.  Keep people afraid, keep businesses closed and make them dependent on "Government assistance".

After early November I suspect that there will be a "cure" and/or a "vaccine" for this China virus.

Its a shame Trump closed down the economy and put so many people out of work. after all he said he saved tens of thousands of lives doing so

(07-22-2020, 04:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 04:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: At the time that I suspected that I might have had it, it was when this whole charade was first starting.  You know, back when we had a "shortage" of resources such as hospital beds and very little testing.  When they were making "makeshift" hospital wards for the "thousands" that would be needed and there was a "shortage" of ventilators.  When catching it was supposedly so serious that you would end up needing hospitalization.

Its a shame Trump closed down the economy and put so many people out of work. after all he said he saved tens of thousands of lives doing so

Except it wasn't The President that shut down the economy.  He's also not the one mandating the draconian rules for masks.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-22-2020, 05:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 04:16 PM)JackCity Wrote: Its a shame Trump closed down the economy and put so many people out of work. after all he said he saved tens of thousands of lives doing so

Except it wasn't The President that shut down the economy.  He's also not the one mandating the draconian rules for masks.

So why did Trump say he saved tens of thousands of lives by closing everything down?

(07-22-2020, 05:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 05:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Except it wasn't The President that shut down the economy.  He's also not the one mandating the draconian rules for masks.

So why did Trump say he saved tens of thousands of lives by closing everything down?

He never said that.  Try again.  Keep in mind, borders/travel from countries != shutting down business here in the U.S.

(07-22-2020, 05:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 05:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: So why did Trump say he saved tens of thousands of lives by closing everything down?

He never said that.  Try again.  Keep in mind, borders/travel from countries != shutting down business here in the U.S.

there's quite literally a press conference where Trump boasts about 2 million lives being saved because they closed the country and shut things down. Then goes onto to say how they are giving people money for not working now and how people had a job one day and now none because of the actions they took 

"it is an artificial closing, it is not like we have a massive recession or worse, it is artificial because we turned it off”.