Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(08-11-2020, 08:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 06:27 AM)captivating Wrote: Russia have a vaccine.

We volunteer you to take it first.

"It make you strong, like ox."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-11-2020, 08:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 08:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We volunteer you to take it first.

"It make you strong, like ox."

In Soviet Russia Vaccine take you!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

First recipient showed no negative side effects as witnessed in below video.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iblypedkrsg2s7eds6...=giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 11:27 AM by mal234.)

In light of the news about some of the college conferences being cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, (and possibly more to follow), I feel bad for the college football players. A lot of them really do want to play and they are getting that opportunity taken (and potentially taken away from them. I do think there could be a lot of truth to the notion that if they stayed on campus they could be safer than going back home. (Due to access to doctors/medical treatment/testing etc...)

I think that the college football programs could come up with measurements like others sports leagues have done to help lower risk and help better protect players, if they went ahead with playing in the fall season. But unfortunately we have a lot of people that continue to be largely driven by fear and fear mongering instead of trying to find the best ways to live with this virus. (Which IMO isn't just wanting/trying to cancel things, instead of really trying to deal with it.)

(08-10-2020, 11:20 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Man, Trump has so many of you gaslit. The Dems are the ones who refuse to get this done?  McConnell has how many bills on his desk again that he refuses to bring to a vote?

Gaslighting means you end up questioning your own sanity.
If you're going to use a word, use it correctly.

I'm so tired of people throwing around terms incorrectly to fit their partisan nonsense. Racism, fascism, gaslighting.... the list goes on and on.

Trump isn't gaslighting his supporters. There is plenty of proof out there to know how DC works without needing Trump to manipulate us into believing something we wouldn't normally believe.

God I can't wait for this election cycle to be over.... I thought 2016 was bad but 2020 is definitely the worst year ever. At least the left had a candidate in 2016 that stood a chance. Now with Biden as the choice the left is flailing badly knowing it's a lost year already. Kinda like when the right put Romney up against Obama... Geez, that dude stood 0 chance, and it made the worst of the worst come out for the right.

(08-11-2020, 12:44 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 11:20 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Man, Trump has so many of you gaslit. The Dems are the ones who refuse to get this done?  McConnell has how many bills on his desk again that he refuses to bring to a vote?

I'm so tired of people throwing around terms incorrectly to fit their partisan nonsense. Racism, fascism, gaslighting.... the list goes on and on.

Trump isn't gaslighting his supporters. There is plenty of proof out there to know how DC works without needing Trump to manipulate us into believing something we wouldn't normally believe.

God I can't wait for this election cycle to be over.... I thought 2016 was bad but 2020 is definitely the worst year ever. At least the left had a candidate in 2016 that stood a chance. Now with Biden as the choice the left is flailing badly knowing it's a lost year already. Kinda like when the right put Romney up against Obama... Geez, that dude stood 0 chance, and it made the worst of the worst come out for the right.

Wait until he moves to repeal the 22nd in about 2 years.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think about gaslighting and the left often. It amazes me how they change reality by altering words and just repeat the narrative over and over until people believe it. A perfect example is the trans issue. They legitimately have scientific institutions replacing women with "people with a cervix." That blows my mind to have that level of influence. There's a growing movement to make science narrative driven. Young people in Portland are literally chanting ALL cops are bastards. They have them chanting defund the police, then when you question them about it, they say it's just reform. There's a word for that. It's called reform. There is a growing reality gap between the left and the right, and I would question my sanity if it weren't so easy to look at history to see where these ideologies originated. It's hard to convince me I have been gaslit, when there is a track record attached to my point of view.

I am certain there are some ways in which I am influenced by my news consumption. It's impossible not to be. All people are biased, and susceptible to rhetoric and demagoguery. That is true for both the left and the right. However, when it comes to gaslighting, I am convinced that this is a much bigger problem in leftist circles.

(08-11-2020, 12:44 PM)Kane Wrote:

Gaslighting means the person who is attempting to manipulate you tells you that reality works differently.  In other words, you are openly lied to and told that reality is different than it really is.  For some, it means you begin to question your own sanity.  Some accept it without question.

Trump is horrible. Biden is horrible.  Jorgensen is horrible.  Welcome to 2020.

(08-11-2020, 04:24 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 12:44 PM)Kane Wrote: Gaslighting means you end up questioning your own sanity.

Gaslighting means the person who is attempting to manipulate you tells you that reality works differently.  In other words, you are openly lied to and told that reality is different than it really is.  For some, it means you begin to question your own sanity.  Some accept it without question.

Exactly.
"That was the biggest inauguration ever.  Biggest crowd ever."
"Actually, here are the photos, there were more people in 2009."
"No, I think you need to look at those photos more carefully."
"We did."
"They must be doctored." 
"They're not."
"This just shows how manipulative and crazy you are.  You will say anything to make me look bad.  You really are enemies of the people."

Accuse your enemy of doing what you're doing.  Make the enemy question his own reality.  That's gaslighting.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-11-2020, 10:06 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

First recipient showed no negative side effects as witnessed in below video.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iblypedkrsg2s7eds6...=giphy.gif]

His MAGA cap has fallen off.

(08-11-2020, 10:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 04:24 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Gaslighting means the person who is attempting to manipulate you tells you that reality works differently.  In other words, you are openly lied to and told that reality is different than it really is.  For some, it means you begin to question your own sanity.  Some accept it without question.

Exactly.
"We did."
"They must be doctored." 
"They're not."
"This just shows how manipulative and crazy you are.  You will say anything to make me look bad.  You really are enemies of the people."

Accuse your enemy of doing what you're doing.  Make the enemy question his own reality.  That's gaslighting.

So.. you mean what the left has been doing for 30 years?

(08-12-2020, 05:05 AM)captivating Wrote: His MAGA cap has fallen off.

If Captivating worked in a Vape shop.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 10:02 AM by mikesez.)

(08-12-2020, 08:24 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 10:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly.
"We did."
"They must be doctored." 
"They're not."

So.. you mean what the left has been doing for 30 years?

Maybe? 
Got any examples where someone in the American left insists that 2+2=5 and calls anyone who disagrees crazy?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 10:05 AM by JackCity.)

(08-12-2020, 10:01 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:24 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So.. you mean what the left has been doing for 30 years?

Maybe? 
Got any examples where someone in the American left insists that 2+2=5 and calls anyone who disagrees crazy?

Their support of the Bolivian coup and Israel?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 10:20 AM by Lucky2Last.)

2+2=5 is literally a debate that's happening right now that was started between Nicole Hannah Jones (progressive journalist and orchestrator of the 1619 project) and James Lindsay (PHD in Math and outspoken critic of the social justice movement). Math and science are both being deconstructed in academic circles as we speak.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 10:27 AM by mikesez.)

(08-12-2020, 10:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: 2+2=5 is literally a debate that's happening right now that was started between Nicole Hannah Jones (progressive journalist and orchestrator of the 1619 project) and James Lindsay (PHD in Math and outspoken critic of the social justice movement). Math and science are both being deconstructed in academic circles as we speak.

You pay way too much attention to Twitter.

My example was a President's press secretary.  A valid counterpoint would be someone with a similar podium.

(08-12-2020, 10:05 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 10:01 AM)mikesez Wrote: Maybe? 

Their support of the Bolivian coup and Israel?

Please don't derail this thread.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 11:15 AM by Lucky2Last.)

I rarely go on twitter, you twit. These are actual cultural trends. You need to know what is coming out of academia. The progressive left has adopted the principles of deconstructionism, and it's only a matter of time before deconstruction of math becomes mainstream. Two months ago, I never thought our society would ever consider defunding the police, even though I've known it's been a goal of radical Marxists since the 60's. Literally 6 months ago, some scholars I follow started talking about deconstructionism in science. I didn't believe that even the social justice movement would try to attack such and important institution, if for no other reason than to avoid doing harm to themselves. So naïve of me. Yet it is also becoming increasingly commonplace. Did you think scientific institutions would replace women with "people with a cervix?" Without a vocal, large contingent of people pushing against these trends, it will continue. You can't just wave your hand and pretend these things don't exist.

For the record, I don't have to follow your parameters. I don't care if you cited a press secretary who was appealing to Trump's HUGE ego (in response to a media that is just as arrogant). I am talking about academic trends that are destructive and becoming mainstream. But, since you bring it up, you act like Nicole Hannah Jones is a nobody. She's an extremely influential person at arguably the most prestigious newspaper in the world. Learn something for once.

(08-12-2020, 11:08 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I rarely go on twitter, you twit. These are actual cultural trends. You need to know what is coming out of academia. The progressive left has adopted the principles of deconstructionism, and it's only a matter of time before deconstruction of math becomes mainstream. Two months ago, I never thought our society would ever consider defunding the police, even though I've known it's been a goal of radical Marxists since the 60's. Literally 6 months ago, some scholars I follow started talking about deconstructionism in science. I didn't believe that even the social justice movement would try to attack such and important institution, if for no other reason than to avoid doing harm to themselves. So naïve of me. Yet it is also becoming increasingly commonplace. Did you think scientific institutions would replace women with "people with a cervix?" Without a vocal, large contingent of people pushing against these trends, it will continue. You can't just wave your hand and pretend these things don't exist.

For the record, I don't have to follow your parameters. I don't care if you cited a press secretary who was appealing to Trump's HUGE ego (in response to a media that is just as arrogant). I am talking about academic trends that are destructive and becoming mainstream. But, since you bring it up, you act like Nicole Hannah Jones is a nobody. She's an extremely influential person at arguably the most prestigious newspaper in the world. Learn something for once.

Did she print 2 + 2 = 5 in the New York times?
She didn't.
You take a few internet trolls seriously, and yet you think people like me, who are actually trying to point to you to the most influential and powerful voices, are the trolls.

(08-12-2020, 11:44 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 11:08 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I rarely go on twitter, you twit. These are actual cultural trends. You need to know what is coming out of academia. The progressive left has adopted the principles of deconstructionism, and it's only a matter of time before deconstruction of math becomes mainstream. Two months ago, I never thought our society would ever consider defunding the police, even though I've known it's been a goal of radical Marxists since the 60's. Literally 6 months ago, some scholars I follow started talking about deconstructionism in science. I didn't believe that even the social justice movement would try to attack such and important institution, if for no other reason than to avoid doing harm to themselves. So naïve of me. Yet it is also becoming increasingly commonplace. Did you think scientific institutions would replace women with "people with a cervix?" Without a vocal, large contingent of people pushing against these trends, it will continue. You can't just wave your hand and pretend these things don't exist.

Did she print 2 + 2 = 5 in the New York times?
She didn't.
You take a few internet trolls seriously, and yet you think people like me, who are actually trying to point to you to the most influential and powerful voices, are the trolls.

Lol, havent you heard? Math is racist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatla...le/524199/

(08-12-2020, 12:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 11:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: Did she print 2 + 2 = 5 in the New York times?
She didn't.

Lol, havent you heard? Math is racist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatla...le/524199/

I've heard about the issues in that article before.  One guy called it the soft bigotry of low expectations.