Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue traded to Vikings

(08-31-2020, 02:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 02:23 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I can't see either of them back next season without some unexpected results on the field.  Owners cut coaches and GM's loose more often with one year left on their deals than they do have them go into a season with a one-year lame duck contract.   There could be mutiny if they don't produce this season and return.

But Caldwell and Marrone are not acting like they have to win to keep their jobs.  They're acting like they have 2 years to get something done, not 1.  All this clearing out players and building cap space are not the actions you would expect from a lame duck GM and HC.

Agreed.  They are acting like they have 5 years to rebuild this thing they are tearing down.... yet they only have 2 years left on their deals.  If they are 4-12 or 5-11 this year, do you really think Khan extends them?  His options after another bad season would be:  a) blow it up; b) extend them, or c) have them go into Year 2 of a complete rebuild on lame duck contracts.  "a" seems like the most logical choice to me if things go poorly.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It is obvious both will be back next year regardless of what happens this season.
Caldwell fans will be happy though  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-31-2020, 02:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: It is obvious both will be back next year regardless of what happens this season.
Caldwell fans will be happy though  Laughing

Both of them.   Wallbash
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 02:44 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

And let's say we draft Lawrence, poor guy will get those 2 losers and then the year after he has to learn a new offense. I am sure that will help him though.

Gotta love Khan lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Caldwell must have some serious black mail on Khan. He is never at risk to lose his job
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-31-2020, 02:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: And let's say we draft Lawrence, poor guy will get those 2 losers and then the year after he has to learn a new offense. I am sure that will help him though.

Gotta love Khan lol

Great point.  That is another reason that a change should happen after this season.  But like you refer to... what SHOULD happen and what WILL happen are two different things with this organization.  So frustrating.

(08-31-2020, 02:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Caldwell must have some serious black mail on Khan.   He is never at risk to lose his job
" What happens on the yacht stays on the yacht, right Dave?"

" Uhhhh, well about that Shad, we need to talk. I have some video I want you to see."
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We have the cap but I wouldn't give him a contract for more than 2 years.

They'd have to majorly overpay him because why in the hell would he want to come play here.

That would be the dumbest possible move for this team. He's so overrated. He's never even had double digit sacks and he wants a boatload of money. Why would we want him when we have no chance of winning anyway? Might as well just roll with the terrible team we have.

He's just gonna take a vacation here. Like Aaron Ross and other free agent vacationers

Jags sign clowney to 5 year 150million,  Book it!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-03-2020, 09:37 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/13...92833?s=19

We have the cap but I wouldn't give him a contract for more than 2 years.

One year only overpaid mercenary rental to replace Yan. Play him at big end and on the interior on passing downs. Have Allen and Chasson at LEO. Rotate in Smoot at big end. Suddenly the D-line is a strength again.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 04:56 AM by surfon.)

Quote from ESPN article from yan, ya keep telling yourself this yan. Whatever.

Money was never my drive coming into this business," Ngakoue said Friday. "It has never been my drive. I've always wanted to be a great-caliber guy, great-quality guy, on and off the field. I just needed a fresh start, and Minnesota was [the team] that gave me the opportunity to continue to live out my dream. I'm appreciative and excited."

Glad they sent him to freezing [BLEEP] minnesota.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 09:02 AM by JaguarKick.)

(08-31-2020, 02:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: And let's say we draft Lawrence, poor guy will get those 2 losers and then the year after he has to learn a new offense. I am sure that will help him though.

Gotta love Khan lol

Marrone said verbatim in a press conference that if they have a bad year he doesn't expect to be around.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 09:38 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-05-2020, 04:55 AM)surfon Wrote: Quote from ESPN article from yan, ya keep telling yourself this yan.  Whatever.

Money was never my drive coming into this business," Ngakoue said Friday. "It has never been my drive. I've always wanted to be a great-caliber guy, great-quality guy, on and off the field. I just needed a fresh start, and Minnesota was [the team] that gave me the opportunity to continue to live out my dream. I'm appreciative and excited."

Everyone knows it was all about the money is what started it.  Then when he found out he overvalued himself his pride kicked in and he didnt want to back down and admit he made a mistake.  So now he has lost about 25 mil over the last 2 years and if he has a down year im gonna lmao because he screwed himself. If the rumor was right that we offered him 19 mil a year with 50+ over the first 2 years was more than a fair offer.

(09-05-2020, 09:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:

Gotta love Khan lol

Marrone said verbatim in a press conference that if they have a bad year he doesn't expect to be around.

Minshew aint gonna let that crap happen.

Yeah, Yannick honestly was the biggest loser in all of this so far. Maybe he has an all world year for the Vikings this year and signs a fat contract, but he is in a vulnerable position if he has a down year for whatever reason. He may ultimately end up losing out on 50 million if he does not play well this year and gets a poor follow up deal. Ultimately, he let his pride get in the way of what was likely best for his future.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 10:39 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-05-2020, 09:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 04:55 AM)surfon Wrote: Quote from ESPN article from yan, ya keep telling yourself this yan.  Whatever.

Everyone knows it was all about the money is what started it.  Then when he found out he overvalued himself his pride kicked in and he didnt want to back down and admit he made a mistake.  So now he has lost about 25 mil over the last 2 years and if he has a down year im gonna lmao because he screwed himself.  If the rumor was right that we offered him 19 mil a year with 50+ over the first 2 years was more than a fair offer.

Exactly.

Just lol at anyone who believes what he is saying.

(09-05-2020, 09:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:

Gotta love Khan lol

I won't believe it until it happens... IF it happens.