Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 02:33 PM by Minshew Mania.)

Some of you guys are in a constant state of denial. Always expecting the other shoe to drop. Minshew is the real deal, I don't need to see more, this guy is a legend and he's on our team. Thankfully the front office staff sees it too, he's going to single handedly save their jobs. Embrace it boys, we are in for one hell of a ride and boy is it long overdue. Mark my words, if we keep Minshew under center, we will be in very good shape on offense.

The most Jaguars thing we could ever do at this point would be to draft another lame duck first round QB when we already clearly have a great one on the roster.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-13-2020, 11:44 PM)airjoeo Wrote: i love minshew but he is not the solution at QB long time... if we screw up this year and actually win alot, I will be disgusted to lose a chance of drafting Trevor Lawrence.  

This is the best season to tank and I hope Jaguars realize this.

Quality post.  Rolleyes
"If we screw up and win a lot" lol sounds like a tack troll to me

I think Minshew > Garrard

now it’s going to be Minshew over Brunell

TL is not Mahomes or Lamar, Minshew isn’t them either, but he’s his own breed of man

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 02:56 PM by JagFan81.)

(09-14-2020, 11:32 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: We actually saw a slant yesterday, I had forgot that play existed for us.  Seeing wide receivers running open was great as well.  I don't care about rocket arms or the best legs in the league.  I really hope that Minshew will keep developing and keep developing timing and football acumen.  Drew Brees doesn't have the best arm but he sure knows what to do with the ball.  This can work and thankfully it could be fun to watch.  Hooray for entertainment.

Nothing against the previous iterations of this team but you can see enough of a difference today to move to hope.

This is where I am. I thought we did a really good job at keeping the Colts coverage honest yesterday, Minshew hit so many different areas the Colts had to play all the route possibilities and the WR's really did a nice job. Loved the pump fake on the first TD which the secondary bit on. That's been something weve been missing. It's been too easy to stack the box to stop the run and in passing plays they get pressure before we can get open deep. Robinson looks a Corey Grant level threat in the backfield in passing downs.

One thing I'd like to see for Minshew, with the exception of Washington State, hes never been a teams 'guy' and play to his strengths and hides his weaknesses. Give him a true shot to be our QB. All QB's have good and bad weeks.

I think we have been so jaded from past PTSD involving QB's with this franchise, it's hard to make that leap from "yeah he's good, BUT' to "he may be the guy we've been waiting for" .

I hope so much he is. If so, it will change the fortunes of this franchise.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 03:42 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-14-2020, 02:32 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: Some of you guys are in a constant state of denial. Always expecting the other shoe to drop. Minshew is the real deal, I don't need to see more, this guy is a legend and he's on our team. Thankfully the front office staff sees it too, he's going to single handedly save their jobs. Embrace it boys, we are in for one hell of a ride and boy is it long overdue. Mark my words, if we keep Minshew under center, we will be in very good shape on offense.

The most Jaguars thing we could ever do at this point would be to draft another lame duck first round QB when we already clearly have a great one on the roster.

We're Jaguars fans. That kind of thing has been conditioned into us.

(09-14-2020, 02:54 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think Minshew > Garrard

TL is not Mahomes or Lamar, Minshew isn’t them either, but he’s his own breed of man

I may not be ready to crown Minshew as the next Jags' franchise QB just yet, but he is definitely better than Garrard ever was.

Someone mentioned "dink and dunk".  Give me that all day long.  I'll take several "dink and dunk" completions for 5-10 yards all day long with the occasional deep shot.  Especially if the run game pans out.  Just keep the chains moving, get to the redzone and score.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-14-2020, 03:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Someone mentioned "dink and dunk".  Give me that all day long.  I'll take several "dink and dunk" completions for 5-10 yards all day long with the occasional deep shot.  Especially if the run game pans out.  Just keep the chains moving, get to the redzone and score.

Indeed!
He had 5 attempts (of 20) beyond 10 yards, 4 completed with a 20+ yarder being a TD.

Just enough downfield pass attempts imo.
You take what a defense gives you and this offense did just that and he put the ball in his WRs hands for them to turn up field and make plays, allowing for a better than average ypa.

One week in, I'm good with what the offense showed.

(09-14-2020, 02:54 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think Minshew > Garrard

he is better but the results are what matters. i love the success and feeling of the sky is the limit. Are we winning anything though besides regular season rivalries or actually jewelry

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 04:09 PM by Minshew Mania.)

Quote:We're Jaguars fans. That kind of thing has been conditioned into us.

No excuse not to see the reality of the situation. Jags have a young team, dotted with talent and a QB thats breaking records left and right and were only one game into his second season. This kid is special. All too many people eager to bash the team, bash the front office, say we're tanking. Honestly im convinced Dave Caldwell is a stud at this point, coaching has been questionable, but we have a competent Offensive Coordinator now. Wish they would fire Wash, but hey at least we got a Franchise QB, finally. Arrow is pointing up for Jaguars. Embrace it. We have an offense that can actually get a first down, and a QB that's marketable and has a personality for the ages. Pretty soon the refs won't even be trying to rig games against us. Sky's the limit.

(09-14-2020, 04:04 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:
Quote:We're Jaguars fans. That kind of thing has been conditioned into us.

No excuse not to see the reality of the situation. Jags have a young team, dotted with talent and a QB thats breaking records left and right and were only one game into his second season. This kid is special. All too many people eager to bash the team, bash the front office, say we're tanking. Honestly im convinced Dave Caldwell is a stud at this point, coaching has been questionable, but we have a competent Offensive Coordinator now. Wish they would fire Wash, but hey at least we got a Franchise QB, finally. Arrow is pointing up for Jaguars. Embrace it. We have an offense that can actually get a first down, and a QB that's marketable and has a personality for the ages. Pretty soon the refs won't even be trying to rig games against us. Sky's the limit.
Tanking doesn’t mean players try to lose the games. 

Caldwell is not bad but he’s not a stud by any measure. How many of his 1st rounders are still on the team?

(09-14-2020, 04:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 04:04 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: No excuse not to see the reality of the situation. Jags have a young team, dotted with talent and a QB thats breaking records left and right and were only one game into his second season. This kid is special. All too many people eager to bash the team, bash the front office, say we're tanking. Honestly im convinced Dave Caldwell is a stud at this point, coaching has been questionable, but we have a competent Offensive Coordinator now. Wish they would fire Wash, but hey at least we got a Franchise QB, finally. Arrow is pointing up for Jaguars. Embrace it. We have an offense that can actually get a first down, and a QB that's marketable and has a personality for the ages. Pretty soon the refs won't even be trying to rig games against us. Sky's the limit.
Tanking doesn’t mean players try to lose the games. 

Caldwell is not bad but he’s not a stud by any measure. How many of his 1st rounders are still on the team?
And around and around we go. Open your eyes, we've been a dumpster fire team for ages, but since Caldwell has been in town this team has had talent. You're not going to land every single pick, its not possible. It does not happen. No team does this.

(09-14-2020, 04:11 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 04:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tanking doesn’t mean players try to lose the games. 

And around and around we go. Open your eyes, we've been a dumpster fire team for ages, but since Caldwell has been in town this team has had talent. You're not going to land every single pick, its not possible. It does not happen. No team does this.
Well there aren’t many teams that get that many top 10 picks either....

You can’t give Caldwell the benefit of the doubt on anything really. He’s got a lot of prove and 1 game doesn’t change that.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 04:20 PM by Minshew Mania.)

(09-14-2020, 04:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 04:11 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: And around and around we go. Open your eyes, we've been a dumpster fire team for ages, but since Caldwell has been in town this team has had talent. You're not going to land every single pick, its not possible. It does not happen. No team does this.
Well there aren’t many teams that get that many top 10 picks either....

You can’t give Caldwell the benefit of the doubt on anything really. He’s got a lot of prove and 1 game doesn’t change that.

Its not one game. Its been his whole tenure. Even when Gus "Everyone gets Ice Cream" Bradley was in town, we had talent on the team. Thats his job. He does pretty good at it. Sure we had some whiffs, and some gaffs and the whole Coughlin thing was a nightmare, but Caldwell does good, and his niche is finding guys in the later rounds, you know, the part of the draft that's actually difficult. And now we have a stud at QB, finally. And its a 6th round draft pick. This team is gonna be loaded with young talent after next years draft and were gonna make a run, watch it. Don't be so eager to chase anyone out of town just yet. Except Wash, he can go anytime he'd like. Preferably sooner than later.

You guys need a reality check. One big game from Minshew doesn't mean anything. There is a reason he was a late 6th round pick. Theres a reason he went 13-31 vs Atlanta last season, 14-29 vs NO, and 15-32 vs Cincy. There is also a reason he lost his job to Foles somehow and he is awful, you can't even use the big contract excuse for Foles... Guy literally lost his job to Trub this past few weeks.

Best case scenario is to get the 1st overall pick this year, we aren't going anywhere this year with the roster anyways, no point of winning meaningless games since there is no chance for the playoffs regardless.

(09-14-2020, 05:02 PM)airjoeo Wrote: You guys need a reality check.  One big game from Minshew doesn't mean anything.  There is a reason he was a late 6th round pick.  Theres a reason he went 13-31 vs Atlanta last season,  14-29 vs NO,  and 15-32 vs Cincy.  There is also a reason he lost his job to Foles somehow and he is awful, you can't even use the big contract excuse for Foles... Guy literally lost his job to Trub this past few weeks.  

Best case scenario is to get the 1st overall pick this year, we aren't going anywhere this year with the roster anyways, no point of winning meaningless games since there is no chance for the playoffs regardless.

This proves you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 05:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-14-2020, 05:02 PM)airjoeo Wrote: You guys need a reality check.  One big game from Minshew doesn't mean anything.  There is a reason he was a late 6th round pick.  Theres a reason he went 13-31 vs Atlanta last season,  14-29 vs NO,  and 15-32 vs Cincy.  There is also a reason he lost his job to Foles somehow and he is awful, you can't even use the big contract excuse for Foles... Guy literally lost his job to Trub this past few weeks.  

He was so terrible last year he won 7 rookie of the weeks. Mor than half of his starts last year he won ROTW

Minshew is a stud muffin and we better not screw this up now that we have a legit QB.

Draft Lawrence all you want bc you can trade him for the farm! But Minshew has shown enough to garner QB1 for the foreseeable future. It’s actually not even a question.

Don't you have chores or homework to do?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Caldwell has an eye for talent, he excels in the draft, must be from his scouting days. But the actual GM part? He’s been learning on the job since the day he got here