Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to tear it down

It seems pretty obvious to me they'll fire everyone after the season. I mean they were already on the hot seat and now theoretically going 1-15 no one is keeping their job. It's the perfect changing point for the new guy to get all the opportunity to succeed and hopefully it'll attract the best candidate. Top 5 (at worst) pick, plus 3 more top 40 picks and a crap ton of cap space is awfully enticing. The offense is pretty set at WR and RB, and the OL is about league average. Tons of money and picks to make the defense decent quickly

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-26-2020, 01:33 AM)Dimson Wrote: We are literally the youngest team in the league. You want to blow up the youngest team in the league and get younger????

My post/this thread was about tearing down the front office, not the roster.

(10-26-2020, 01:33 AM)Dimson Wrote: We are literally the youngest team in the league. You want to blow up the youngest team in the league and get younger????

Young bad players turn into older bad players.  We have seen that here for a decade now.  So yes... let's go get a real GM who can accumulate some talent.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-26-2020, 10:14 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

My post/this thread was about tearing down the front office, not the roster.

This roster needs a tear down too
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-26-2020, 09:24 AM)jaglyn Wrote: +1

And when you say “new”, it means a mix of experienced and healthy vets, and younger guys, with rookies sprinkled in as depth

NOT rookies drafted in 2021 for those positions who you are counting on to play like All-Pros in their first year

I know running back is easier and faster when it comes to success in the first season but.....

Our best player is an undrafted guy.  Great control of his body and awareness when he plays.  We need players everywhere but that guy is delivering.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

and speaking of the front office... nothing but crickets from the Jag's today
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-26-2020, 05:38 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: and speaking of the front office... nothing but crickets from the Jag's today

What were you expecting? Everything is going according to plan.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-26-2020, 05:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 05:38 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: and speaking of the front office... nothing but crickets from the Jag's today

I don't want to believe that, but it's getting more difficult to argue every week.

No sense what so ever to clean house before end of the season. Make them all wallow in this suckness that they have created. DO NOT send them on paid freaking vacation. That's is like rewarding them IMO.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-26-2020, 06:09 PM)Jagwired Wrote: No sense what so ever to clean house before end of the season. Make them all wallow in this suckness that they have created. DO NOT send them on paid freaking vacation. That's is like rewarding them IMO.

Agreed.  They will have a year long vacation after they get fired anyway... no need to extend it.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-26-2020, 06:13 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:09 PM)Jagwired Wrote: No sense what so ever to clean house before end of the season. Make them all wallow in this suckness that they have created. DO NOT send them on paid freaking vacation. That's is like rewarding them IMO.

Agreed.  They will have a year long vacation after they get fired anyway... no need to extend it.

Yup, Oh well, Khan deserves that smack for allowing it to come to this.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Dave Caldwell probably never gets another GM job again after this disaster they built.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Those first two games are what killed it the most for me. Getting that unexpected feel that we were going to be more than everyone expected felt sort of like 2017. But then the wheels fell off week 3 and reality hit like a truck. Before week one this is exactly where I thought we would be as far as record. But those first two games gave me hope then destroyed it. I’ve been trying really hard but I’ve actually lost all interest in this team. Well actually football In general since I am a FSU fan as well. It’s unfortunate.

(10-26-2020, 09:27 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Those first two games are what killed it the most for me. Getting that unexpected feel that we were going to be more than everyone expected felt sort of like 2017. But then the wheels fell off week 3 and reality hit like a truck. Before week one this is exactly where I thought we would be as far as record. But those first two games gave me hope then destroyed it. I’ve been trying really hard but I’ve actually lost all interest in this team. Well actually football In general since I am a FSU fan as well. It’s unfortunate.
FSU at least is getting better. We will see how it goes after the bye week. I may not comeback.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Just think this week jags will be first team in nfl history to lose to thier bye,and alloew 40 points to the bye. what a record to have. even after loseing to the bye no one will still be fired ever.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-27-2020, 08:59 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Just think this week jags will be first team in nfl history to lose to thier bye,and alloew 40 points to the bye. what a record to have. even after loseing to the bye no one will still be fired ever.

You should just stop posting.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-27-2020, 09:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 08:59 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Just think this week jags will be first team in nfl history to lose to thier bye,and alloew 40 points to the bye. what a record to have. even after loseing to the bye no one will still be fired ever.

You should just stop posting.

just for telling the truth. the jags suck so bad this year its very possbille they could lose to thier bye week. i hope not,but a key player could get hurt in practice or something.  James Robinson is a walk on s only decent player this year,he hasn't bought into dougs loseing attudide yet. Jags could go 0-16 for next serveal years. we didn't beat the colts ,game was handed to jags. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 10:12 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-26-2020, 05:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

What's the plan?  It's a serious question, because I would feel better if I thought there was a plan, no matter what the plan was.

I am quickly losing faith in Shad Khan as an owner. Look at his soccer team. They suck too. I think it’s becoming obvious that he doesn’t care, he’s fine with the shared revenue and TV contract money. That’s why he bought a team. This is bad

(10-27-2020, 10:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 05:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What were you expecting? Everything is going according to plan.

What's the plan?  It's a serious question, because I would feel better if I thought there was a plan, no matter what the plan was.

Dave and Doug presented it last offseason. 

"We're going to rebuild the team with the plan we used in 2013 to build the 2017 roster. We'll blow it up this offseason and move all the expensive vet contracts off the books while we draft new defensive players to get us back to 2017. Next year will be bad because we'll be so young, but the year after we'll see real progress since we already have our coach here and we all know he's better than Gus Bradley was. If all goes right we'll draft that Lawrence kid next year to lead the offense and we've still got some good talent there already. By year three we'll be challenging for the playoffs every year unless you bring in another EVP to tear down what we worked so hard to build."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato