Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(11-01-2020, 04:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote: +1!!!!

Add in having headphones in your ears.  Stop the mower, stop the music, I’m sorry Mr or Mrs “x”, I didn’t catch that.  

“Oh, I was just saying Hello”.  

Even worse when I’m blowing off.  I actually have to take the blower off set it down to restart it.  What in the world makes you think I can hear a damn thing you say?   Heck, with all the mowers and music in my ear over the years I probably can’t even hear you if we were in a library.

Lol can't tell you how many times the neighbors try to get my attention by walking out as I go by on a tractor. 

Power tractor down, point to my earbuds while their mouth is moving. Take earbuds out. "Want a drink? you look hot" as they try to hand me a solo cup of grey goose. 

It's 3pm, it's 106 degrees out, and I'm working. No. No I don't want a cup of vodka lady. Move it along.

Complain all you want, that sounds like a fun neighborhood if their go-to hydration is hooch

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 04:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Lol can't tell you how many times the neighbors try to get my attention by walking out as I go by on a tractor. 

Power tractor down, point to my earbuds while their mouth is moving. Take earbuds out. "Want a drink? you look hot" as they try to hand me a solo cup of grey goose. 

It's 3pm, it's 106 degrees out, and I'm working. No. No I don't want a cup of vodka lady. Move it along.

Complain all you want, that sounds like a fun neighborhood if their go-to hydration is hooch

They all wake up after dark, horribly sunburnt and parched.

It's not so much as an annoyance than a curiosity, but people following down the road in a single lane before it splits up into straight and turn lanes. The light is red on all lanes but when the lanes divide, the driver behind will accelerate in order to pass only to stop at the same light as me. Really strange.

(11-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 04:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Lol can't tell you how many times the neighbors try to get my attention by walking out as I go by on a tractor. 

It's more that when you basically work on your own time, people often see that as an invitation to kill their own boredom. 

They pull that move so I stop to be polite and say no thank you. 45 minutes later I'm barely starting. 2 hours later I stop for water. Ohh my uncle just pulled in, and he wants to tell me about the robin he saw in Pacines this morning. 2 more hours later I've got 3 acres done when I should have 15 finished. 

No lie, I dream about putting an automated gate in.

(11-02-2020, 06:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Mikey Wrote: Complain all you want, that sounds like a fun neighborhood if their go-to hydration is hooch

It's more that when you basically work on your own time, people often see that as an invitation to kill their own boredom. 

They pull that move so I stop to be polite and say no thank you. 45 minutes later I'm barely starting. 2 hours later I stop for water. Ohh my uncle just pulled in, and he wants to tell me about the robin he saw in Pacines this morning. 2 more hours later I've got 3 acres done when I should have 15 finished. 

I feel your pain.  I'll be "getting in a groove" working on my homestead splitting wood and my neighbor from a couple of miles up the road will stop by to show me pictures of deer and bears that he got on his wildlife camera.  Soon after he leaves a friend will stop by to show me his gun that he just bought and "shoot a few rounds" on my gun range.  An hour later I might be able to get started again.

Another trivial annoyance is palmetto bushes.  The devil himself introduced those things.  I dug up and burned a good half acre of those things this past weekend.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-02-2020, 07:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 06:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It's more that when you basically work on your own time, people often see that as an invitation to kill their own boredom. 

I feel your pain.  I'll be "getting in a groove" working on my homestead splitting wood and my neighbor from a couple of miles up the road will stop by to show me pictures of deer and bears that he got on his wildlife camera.  Soon after he leaves a friend will stop by to show me his gun that he just bought and "shoot a few rounds" on my gun range.  An hour later I might be able to get started again.

Another trivial annoyance is palmetto bushes.  The devil himself introduced those things.  I dug up and burned a good half acre of those things this past weekend.

Yup, read the room.

McDonald’s saying there ice cream machine is down when really it’s not.

(11-03-2020, 09:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: McDonald’s saying there ice cream machine is down when really it’s not.

McDonald's calling it ice cream when it really isn't.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I'mma bite my tongue on specifics, but my annoyance with the Amendment results is far from trivial.

I apologize if this is out of place. I'll take a preemptive lap to be safe. Too early to spike the coffee?

When you spin your loofa around 20 times trying to find the loop to hang it back up. Hey buddy, where’d ya go?

(11-04-2020, 09:09 PM)Jags Wrote: When you spin your loofa around 20 times trying to find the loop to hang it back up.  Hey buddy, where’d ya go?

Loofa? Do you put your hair in a towel afterwards?  Tongue

(11-05-2020, 07:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:09 PM)Jags Wrote: When you spin your loofa around 20 times trying to find the loop to hang it back up.  Hey buddy, where’d ya go?

Loofa? Do you put your hair in a towel afterwards?  Tongue

Lol, not much hair to even try.  But seriously, loofa is the way to go.   Really speeds up the process and a good lather.  I’m pro loofa!

(11-05-2020, 07:57 AM)Jags Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 07:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Loofa? Do you put your hair in a towel afterwards?  Tongue

Lol, not much hair to even try.  But seriously, loofa is the way to go.   Really speeds up the process and a good lather.  I’m pro loofa!

Not to mention entertaining sessions of playing Spin the Loofa with the wife.

(11-05-2020, 08:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 07:57 AM)Jags Wrote: Lol, not much hair to even try.  But seriously, loofa is the way to go.   Really speeds up the process and a good lather.  I’m pro loofa!

Not to mention entertaining sessions of playing Spin the Loofa with the wife.

Last time we played that I spun the loofa too hard and soap got in both of our eyes.  Mood killer.

Saw an ad for a piece of equipment I've been searching for. Walked into the business and asked what they run. 

Guy looked at me and said I'd have to find one used because they haven't made them since the 90s. 

Oooooooooooookay.

(11-05-2020, 06:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Saw an ad for a piece of equipment I've been searching for. Walked into the business and asked what they run. 

Guy looked at me and said I'd have to find one used because they haven't made them since the 90s. 

Oooooooooooookay.

What a wasted trip.  Those are always a let down.  Especially if done spur of the moment.  What type of equipment were you looking for? Not to be nosy, just fascinated by the sheer cost of some of the farmer equipment.  It’s quite impressive, TBH.

(11-05-2020, 06:29 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Saw an ad for a piece of equipment I've been searching for. Walked into the business and asked what they run. 

Oooooooooooookay.

What a wasted trip.  Those are always a let down.  Especially if done spur of the moment.  What type of equipment were you looking for? Not to be nosy, just fascinated by the sheer cost of some of the farmer equipment.  It’s quite impressive, TBH.

I'm trying to change my trellis system from a 36 inch wide T shape to a 60 or possibly even 73 inch V shape. But traditional harvesters top out at the 36 inch style. These machine drive over the vineyard row and basically shake the crap out of it and catch whatever falls off. One company makes a wider one but it's runs a sweet 225k and I'd like to not have to spend that haha. Anyway, they look like this:

https://twitter.com/SunMaidUK/status/130...49440?s=19

So I'm looking for other machines that can do it. There's a whole different type of harvester that drives along the side of the row and knocks the bunches off with these bristles kinda like the things that clean the side of your car at the carwash. Or same idea at least. They hook up to a tractor and that should make it a lot cheaper so that's what I was trying to find. It looks like this and you get the idea of it:

https://ibb.co/M6Mjm6T

Really, I think I could build one if I had enough time.

Oooooooooooookay.

I’m a little confused. Were they advertising something they didn’t have or were you reading a really old newspaper?

(11-06-2020, 07:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Oooooooooooookay.

I’m a little confused. Were they advertising something they didn’t have or were you reading a really old newspaper?

The ad was in the sport section, next to this picture.
[Image: OIP.reW9WSasXq7do3c3Ka3mygHaE8?w=265&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-06-2020, 08:04 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 07:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m a little confused. Were they advertising something they didn’t have or were you reading a really old newspaper?

The ad was in the sport section, next to this picture.
[Image: OIP.reW9WSasXq7do3c3Ka3mygHaE8?w=265&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

Or maybe the guy meant the 1890s.

[Image: Crops%2BOld%2BAdvertisements.jpg]