Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:30 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-08-2020, 12:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:10 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Good question.  Since he's not even going to be in charge for 2 and 1/2 months, I would hope we are closer to a vaccine and better therapeutics by that time.  A piece of me thinks Trump might be a big enough [BLEEP] to slow things down or sabotage it a bit now that he's lost, but I want to think others won't allow that to happen.  So yah, if it gets worse than it is (if that is even possible) then criticism is fair.  But I am sure he will follow the science and model the CDC guidelines himself, instead of fighting with the experts.  I can't believe we could have had a worse response than what Trump gave us.

Shouldn't Biden provide his magic plan now that he is prez elect? Just dying to see it.

Trump implemented operation warp speed to which Cuomo and Newsom said they dont trust the vaccine. Even Biden and Harris said they dont trust it. Should they scrap it and start over?

You started the day so rational and have completely fallen off the horse.

You clearly lack basic understanding.  The "magic" plan is following the science.  Wear masks and be a model for others to do the same.  Keep the economy open, but do not disregard the guidelines.  Continue the development of vaccines and therapeutics.  Cuomo and Newson and Biden and Harris have always said they would trust the experts when they were approved... not Trump.  Trump said this would be gone by Easter.  Trump said we'd have a vaccine ready before the election.  He's a moron.  Complete clown-show. We have 4% of the world's population and 20% of the COVID deaths. Its not difficult to see we are doing worse than any other industrialized nation in the world... because of his terrible leadership.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2020, 12:28 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Shouldn't Biden provide his magic plan now that he is prez elect? Just dying to see it.

Trump implemented operation warp speed to which Cuomo and Newsom said they dont trust the vaccine. Even Biden and Harris said they dont trust it. Should they scrap it and start over?

You clearly lack basic understanding.  The "magic" plan is following the science.  Wear masks and be a model for others to do the same.  Keep the economy open, but do not disregard the guidelines.  Continue the development of vaccines and therapeutics.  Cuomo and Newson and Biden and Harris have always said they would trust the experts when they were approved... not Trump.  Trump said this would be gone by Easter.  Trump said we'd have a vaccine ready before the election.  He's a moron.  Complete clown-show.

It's the CIC job to keep people calm. Biden said we will ha e a dark winter and doesn't shun the super spreader events occurring all over the nation in his honor. 

Following the science is the worst cliche I have ever heard. It's such a political cliche.  It means nothing.  Trump was dealt a [BLEEP] hand with projected 2m lives lost.  

Don't forget. 70 million people think he did a good job.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:42 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-08-2020, 12:23 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:10 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Good question.  Since he's not even going to be in charge for 2 and 1/2 months, I would hope we are closer to a vaccine and better therapeutics by that time.  A piece of me thinks Trump might be a big enough [BLEEP] to slow things down or sabotage it a bit now that he's lost, but I want to think others won't allow that to happen.  So yah, if it gets worse than it is (if that is even possible) then criticism is fair.  But I am sure he will follow the science and model the CDC guidelines himself, instead of fighting with the experts.  I can't believe we could have had a worse response than what Trump gave us.

But that's kind of my point...a marauding virus is outside the control of politics and even possibly sometimes science. Fauci was saying early on that masks were actually harmful for you, remember that? And now we all have one. Science 'experts' may not have anymore of a clue than anyone else, especially with a virus as unpredictable as this. Would you trust the 'experts' if covid was killing people off like Ebola?

Fauci said that early for 2 reasons: 1) it was in the early stages of learning about the disease and the scientific community was largely ignorant of what they were dealing with then, and 2) there were shortages of PPE for medical workers and they wanted to make sure they first had access to that type of resources on the front lines before the general population started hoarding it (like toilet paper and sanitary wipes).  You gotta be smart enough to realize that. We have the worst COVID death rate in the entire industrialized world.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:43 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-08-2020, 12:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:28 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: You clearly lack basic understanding.  The "magic" plan is following the science.  Wear masks and be a model for others to do the same.  Keep the economy open, but do not disregard the guidelines.  Continue the development of vaccines and therapeutics.  Cuomo and Newson and Biden and Harris have always said they would trust the experts when they were approved... not Trump.  Trump said this would be gone by Easter.  Trump said we'd have a vaccine ready before the election.  He's a moron.  Complete clown-show.

It's the CIC job to keep people calm. Biden said we will ha e a dark winter and doesn't shun the super spreader events occurring all over the nation in his honor. 

Following the science is the worst cliche I have ever heard. It's such a political cliche.  It means nothing.  Trump was dealt a [BLEEP] hand with projected 2m lives lost.  

CDC's job is to provide accurate information as it becomes known... not to make people calm.  We will have a dark winter if people don't take proper precautions.

Following the science is not cliche... its common sense.  Trump has none, and yours is sounding more and more questionable with each post.  No one projected 2 million lives lost.  No one.  Trump said it would "just go away, like a miracle" and "there is nothing to worry about". The US has the worst death rate in the world... all out of his stupidity and not supporting the CDC guidelines.  Completely idiotic.

76 million think he's a moron.  By statistical definition, 50% of the people are below average intelligence.  That means everyone who voted for Trump, plus ANTIFA and a few million radical extremists.   Cool

(11-08-2020, 12:40 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's the CIC job to keep people calm. Biden said we will ha e a dark winter and doesn't shun the super spreader events occurring all over the nation in his honor. 

CDC's job is to provide accurate information as it becomes known... not to make people calm.  We will have a dark winter if people don't take proper precautions.

Following the science is not cliche... its common sense.  Trump has none, and yours is sounding more and more questionable with each post.  No one projected 2 million lives lost.  No one.  We have the worst death rate in the world... all out of his stupidity and supporting the CDC guidelines.  Completely idiotic.

76 million think he's a moron.  By statistical definition, 50% of the people are below average intelligence.  That means everyone who voted for Trump, plus ANTIFA and a few million radical extremists.   Cool
CIC = commanded in chief.

(11-07-2020, 11:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote: There is only one reason we'll ever need.

[Image: OIP.49SdaLtY9H0PJ_aUwwm2bAHaFC?w=227&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

The 2nd amendment is permission. It is not need.
Permission is great, I'm glad it's there.  
I have permission to quit my engineering job and go back to my first job at the Mandarin area Taco Bell any time I like. I'm glad I can.
But I won't. I don't need to.

That's the great thing about the 2nd (just like the 1st), I don't have to establish "need".  

P.S.  If hunting, recreational shooting and simple desire to own aren't sufficient "needs" for you, let's go with personal protection from; rioting, looting, car jacking, home intrusion, robbery, mugging, road rage, sexual assualt, domestic violence, gang warfare, terrorism and random acts of violence, all of which will be further exacerbated by open borders, sanctuary cities and defunded police.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:55 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-08-2020, 12:34 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:23 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: But that's kind of my point...a marauding virus is outside the control of politics and even possibly sometimes science. Fauci was saying early on that masks were actually harmful for you, remember that? And now we all have one. Science 'experts' may not have anymore of a clue than anyone else, especially with a virus as unpredictable as this. Would you trust the 'experts' if covid was killing people off like Ebola?

Fauci said that early for 2 reasons: 1) it was in the early stages of learning about the disease and the scientific community was largely ignorant of what they were dealing with then, and 2) there were shortages of PPE for medical workers and they wanted to make sure they first had access to that type of resources on the front lines before the general population started hoarding it (like toilet paper and sanitary wipes).  You gotta be smart enough to realize that.
Ignorance is no excuse for not acting overly cautious.
Plenty of people like me made thier own face coverings before any PPE was on the shelves for sale. Why wouldnt Fauci encourage that instead of telling them something that most people knew instinctively was wrong. I started wearing a mask on March 13th, the day lockdown was declared. People looked at me like I was insane and/or diseased. And lack of PPE wouldn't have stopped most people from making masks if Fauci would have erred on the side of caution. He didn't. So I can understand why there was a certain degree of skepticism. And even wearing a mask in public at all times, I still got it. Science doesn't always know everything.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:51 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-08-2020, 12:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:40 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: CDC's job is to provide accurate information as it becomes known... not to make people calm.  We will have a dark winter if people don't take proper precautions.

Following the science is not cliche... its common sense.  Trump has none, and yours is sounding more and more questionable with each post.  No one projected 2 million lives lost.  No one.  We have the worst death rate in the world... all out of his stupidity and supporting the CDC guidelines.  Completely idiotic.

CIC = commanded in chief.

CIC's job is to protect the citizens... not just keep them calm.  He dramatically failed that task. Worst COVID death rate in the WORLD.

Only if you don't consider Spain, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, and Belgium to be non-industrialized nations since their death rate is worse than ours, or the UK, Sweden, and France who are just slightly better than us at the moment. Or you believe that China with a billion more people than us really only has ~80k cases and 4k deaths. As far as cases goes, the USA is actually 16th in cases per million of the population. As usual with lefty trolls like yourself, your hubris is only exceeded by your ignorance.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2020, 09:26 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 07:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Then your concern and focus should be on improving mental illness/health care for everyone. When the government decided to shut down the mental institutions and those poor folks who didn't get transferred were set loose. We have no safety net for people who suffer with mental illness to be teeated. The hospitals weren't perfect and needed vast improvements, but they were something. Even someone with good medical insurance has a hard time getting good treatment if things escalate beyond the regular visits to the shrink. People without insurance are really screwed and nine times out of ten mental illness is a factor in these mass shooter situations. 

So put those two things together with the addition of a weapon and it's the perfect storm of circumstances for things to get ugly. 

The weapons can come from anywhere. There was the kid whose father bought him one as a gift. There was the other kid who took his mom's gun. Neither were semi-auto yet they did some damage. People who can't get one legally will get it another way. There is just no way to get around it.

Mental health is more than just people in mental institutions.  Mental health is a complex issue.  Gun control isn't.  There are so few legitimate reasons for people in 2020 to own a firearm.

That may be the most uninformed and flat out stupid statements, I have ever read on this board.

(11-08-2020, 12:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:34 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Fauci said that early for 2 reasons: 1) it was in the early stages of learning about the disease and the scientific community was largely ignorant of what they were dealing with then, and 2) there were shortages of PPE for medical workers and they wanted to make sure they first had access to that type of resources on the front lines before the general population started hoarding it (like toilet paper and sanitary wipes).  You gotta be smart enough to realize that.
Ignorance is no excuse. If it was, you'd be excusing Trump for his.
Plenty of people like me made thier own face coverings before any PPE was on the shelves for sale. Why wouldnt Fauci encourage that instead of telling them something that most people knew instinctively was wrong.  I started wearing a mask on March 13th, the day lockdown was declared. People looked at me like I was insane and/or diseased.  And lack of PPE wouldn't have stopped most people if Fauci would have erred on the side of caution. He didn't. So I can understand why there was a certain degree of skepticism.  And even wearing a mask in public at all times, I still got it. Science doesn't always know everything.

When you are dealing with a novel virus... everyone is ignorant.  When you aren't taking the advice of experts after they have acquired the knowledge, that is not excusable.  Not comparable.  When more information came in, Fauci immediately corrected course... that is science; learning from errors and correcting them.  Trump did not correct course... that is ignorance; ignoring the evidence and facts.  You comparison of Fauci's corrected errors when more information was acquired (science) and Trump's ignorance are not even in the same ballpark.

(11-07-2020, 09:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Anybody out there think that Kamala Harris is a uniter? Cause that may be our president in a couple of years.

[Image: fb9.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:07 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-08-2020, 12:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Only if you don't consider Spain, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, and Belgium to be non-industrialized nations since their death rate is worse than ours, or the UK, Sweden, and France who are just slightly better than us at the moment. Or you believe that China with a billion more people than us really only has ~80k cases and 4k deaths. As far as cases goes, the USA is actually 16th in cases per million of the population. As usual with lefty trolls like yourself, your hubris is only exceeded by your ignorance.

Lefty... that is hilarious.  A lifelong GOP voter is "lefty".  I see you're not only clueless about football, but politics as well.

I haven't looked at current rates for about a month, so they could be wrong. But 16th worst is still terrible, and we were at the BOTTOM in early October. We are 3 times the death rate of Canada. And I am sure we will be there again soon with the idiots running all over the place here with no masks.

(11-08-2020, 01:00 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Only if you don't consider Spain, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, and Belgium to be non-industrialized nations since their death rate is worse than ours, or the UK, Sweden, and France who are just slightly better than us at the moment. Or you believe that China with a billion more people than us really only has ~80k cases and 4k deaths. As far as cases goes, the USA is actually 16th in cases per million of the population. As usual with lefty trolls like yourself, your hubris is only exceeded by your ignorance.

Lefty... that is hilarious.  A lifelong GOP voter is "lefty".  You're a moron.  I see you're not only clueless about football, but politics as well.

Lol, I see you're as big an idiot over here as you are over there. And an [BLEEP] bandwagon jumper too. No balls to be here the last three months but all too happy to come in a spike someone else's touchdown. Nice work "coach."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:10 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-07-2020, 09:41 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hahahahhahahahahah what????????

Yeah, you have a military to fight wars for you, you go to the grocery store to buy your meat, and police maintain law and order. So why the f*&k do you still need a gun?

Not all of us buy our meat from the grocery. Not everyone lives near a police station either. Have you ever been to rural areas of the country? Apparently not. If someone breaks into my house with a weapon, (because criminals always have weapons, regardless of laws,) it'll take the cops about 20 minutes to get to me. Am I supposed to let some scumbag kill me or my family? I have every right to defend myself. Maybe you would roll over and let someone kill you and your family or do something just as vile to them, but I won't. I'm defending them. 

I also don't fully trust the government. Can you assure me on the lives of your family members that the government will never fall into chaos to the point where martial law is declared or where citizens are dragged from their homes and taken prisoner, because some maniac came into power? I know a lot of other countries who didn't think they would ever experience that and they did. The 2nd amendment was put in place to allow citizens to defend themselves from such a threat. 

Maybe you should come out of your little bubble and do some research before you start mouthing off and telling people how they should live their lives.

(11-07-2020, 10:38 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They are taking this dude out to the pasture as we speak....will you apologize for Kamala in 6 months too?

Kamala or Trump?  That is an easy choice.  I'll take the one who can speak full sentences.

Not for me, I find them equally as vile.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:16 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-08-2020, 01:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 01:00 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Lefty... that is hilarious.  A lifelong GOP voter is "lefty".  You're a moron.  I see you're not only clueless about football, but politics as well.

Lol, I see you're as big an idiot over here as you are over there. And an [BLEEP] bandwagon jumper too. No balls to be here the last three months but all too happy to come in a spike someone else's touchdown. Nice work "coach."

LMAO... you think you have "balls" for being on an anonymous internet message board?  You're a clown.  

I love spiking the political football in your "balls" and watching you whine about it. You and Trump seem to have a lot in common. Laughing

(11-07-2020, 11:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Traditional republican like McCain! Laughing Laughing

No. Like Ronald Reagan. That's what this country needs.

(11-08-2020, 12:56 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Ignorance is no excuse. If it was, you'd be excusing Trump for his.
Plenty of people like me made thier own face coverings before any PPE was on the shelves for sale. Why wouldnt Fauci encourage that instead of telling them something that most people knew instinctively was wrong.  I started wearing a mask on March 13th, the day lockdown was declared. People looked at me like I was insane and/or diseased.  And lack of PPE wouldn't have stopped most people if Fauci would have erred on the side of caution. He didn't. So I can understand why there was a certain degree of skepticism.  And even wearing a mask in public at all times, I still got it. Science doesn't always know everything.

When you are dealing with a novel virus... everyone is ignorant.  When you aren't taking the advice of experts after they have acquired the knowledge, that is not excusable.  Not comparable.  When more information came in, Fauci immediately corrected course... that is science; learning from errors and correcting them.  Trump did not correct course... that is ignorance; ignoring the evidence and facts.  You comparison of Fauci's corrected errors when more information was acquired (science) and Trump's ignorance are not even in the same ballpark.

I edited my response as you were responding. Im not comparing Trump and Fauci, trump obviously didnt want to wear a mask even after fauci reversed his position which was a bad look and,a bad message. I was merely pointing out that early on, I could understand why some people , including Trump, would have been skeptical with the advice they were being given. And i guess my bigger point is, since the science was wrong early on and people got infected and maybe died as a result, then what value does 'following the science' even have? If following the science means accepting a proven cure, then that's reasonable. But till that happens, then following the science seems to be a bit of a crapshoot.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:23 AM by jj82284.)

(11-08-2020, 12:28 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Shouldn't Biden provide his magic plan now that he is prez elect? Just dying to see it.

You clearly lack basic understanding.  The "magic" plan is following the science.  Wear masks and be a model for others to do the same.  Keep the economy open, but do not disregard the guidelines.  Continue the development of vaccines and therapeutics.  Cuomo and Newson and Biden and Harris have always said they would trust the experts when they were approved... not Trump.  Trump said this would be gone by Easter.  Trump said we'd have a vaccine ready before the election.  He's a moron.  Complete clown-show.  We have 4% of the world's population and 20% of the COVID deaths.  Its not difficult to see we are doing worse than any other industrialized nation in the world... because of his terrible leadership.

ny had the highest death rate per capita in the world.  Who needs the nutmeg now brother?

(11-08-2020, 01:00 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

Lefty... that is hilarious.  A lifelong GOP voter is "lefty".  I see you're not only clueless about football, but politics as well.

I haven't looked at current rates for about a month, so they could be wrong.  But 16th worst is still terrible, and we were at the BOTTOM in early October.  We are 3 times the death rate of Canada.  And I am sure we will be there again soon with the idiots running all over the place here with no masks.

Here we go with this again.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:30 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-08-2020, 01:20 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:56 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: When you are dealing with a novel virus... everyone is ignorant.  When you aren't taking the advice of experts after they have acquired the knowledge, that is not excusable.  Not comparable.  When more information came in, Fauci immediately corrected course... that is science; learning from errors and correcting them.  Trump did not correct course... that is ignorance; ignoring the evidence and facts.  You comparison of Fauci's corrected errors when more information was acquired (science) and Trump's ignorance are not even in the same ballpark.

I edited my response as you were responding. Im not comparing Trump and Fauci, trump obviously didnt want to wear a mask even after fauci reversed his position which was a bad look and,a bad message. I was merely pointing out that early on, I could understand why some people , including Trump, would have been skeptical with the advice they were being given.  And i guess my bigger point is, since the science was wrong early on and people got infected and maybe died as a result, then what value does 'following the science' even have? If following the science means accepting a proven cure, then that's reasonable. But till that happens, then following the science seems to be a bit of a crapshoot.

Obviously the science of a new disease needs time to be established.  Its not reasonable to expect strong guidelines in the early phases of any disease because their is limited information to understand it.  Science is the continuous addition of new data and information... the more data, the better knowledge and decision-making.  We know more now about COVID than we did in the Spring, we will know more next year than we do now.  You make decisions with the best information available at the time.  That should be obvious.

(11-08-2020, 01:20 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:28 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: You clearly lack basic understanding.  The "magic" plan is following the science.  Wear masks and be a model for others to do the same.  Keep the economy open, but do not disregard the guidelines.  Continue the development of vaccines and therapeutics.  Cuomo and Newson and Biden and Harris have always said they would trust the experts when they were approved... not Trump.  Trump said this would be gone by Easter.  Trump said we'd have a vaccine ready before the election.  He's a moron.  Complete clown-show.  We have 4% of the world's population and 20% of the COVID deaths.  Its not difficult to see we are doing worse than any other industrialized nation in the world... because of his terrible leadership.

ny had the highest death rate per capita in the world.  Who needs the nutmeg now brother?

Yah... in the first few months of the disease when no one knew what they were dealing with and a population living on top of each other.  What's your point genius? I guess you and Trump both think you know more than the scientists at the CDC? lmao