Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

I think I'm on the Zach Wilson bandwagon now. Hesitant as he is playing a pretty easy schedule. And he had a pretty average season last year against a tougher schedule. But he looks like he has the skillet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whoever it was that said Wilson's arm was average was so very wrong. He throws off platform regularly with impressive velocity. That's the type of arm you need to make all of the throws. Trask and Jones are not in his tier.

Dudes, you saw that Bulldogs WR ankle. Dang man

Trask dropping dimes.

If Luton turns out to be the guy, we need to draft Kyle Pitts

Dang man Georgia lb tried to destroy NFL's future Jaguar Kyle pitts.

I really thought Trask would get a test this week, but he's absolutely shredding what is arguably the best secondary in the NCAA.

(11-07-2020, 10:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Whoever it was that said Wilson's arm was average was so very wrong. He throws off platform regularly with impressive velocity. That's the type of arm you need to make all of the throws. Trask and Jones are not in his tier.

Lol, comedy gold

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 11:20 PM by Upper.)

(11-07-2020, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, comedy gold

I bet you got off to Case Keenum and Graham Harrell highlights too.

Trask was good today. He's a legit NFL backup QB prospect to me, so he should be and is a very good college QB especially when his surrounding talent almost always outmatches the competition. He still didn't and hasn't shown nearly as good of traits as Wilson possesses.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 09:49 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-07-2020, 09:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, comedy gold

I bet you got off to Case Keenum and Graham Harrell highlights too.

Trask was good today. He's a legit NFL backup QB prospect to me, so he should be and is a very good college QB especially when his surrounding talent almost always outmatches the competition. He still didn't and hasn't shown nearly as good of traits as Wilson possesses.

Highlights?  Watch the games!

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

It's funny to me comparing 6'5" 240 Trask to undrafted QBs and he is out here setting SEC passing records, shredding SEC defenses, and he was 7 for 7 I think it was in passes over 15 yards yesterday.

(11-08-2020, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's funny to me comparing 6'5" 240 Trask to undrafted QBs and he is out here setting SEC passing records, shredding SEC defenses, and he was 7 for 7 I think it was in passes over 15 yards yesterday.

Gators are my team too, and it's amazing what Trask is doing for us.  That said, just about everything he's throwing is based on timing and touch.  Maybe I missed it, but I've been watching him closely, and I just don't see him making any passes that require him to throw with a lot of velocity.  Perhaps he just isn't being asked to make those throws, or perhaps he can't make them, but right now I'm not seeing any more arm strength than what we've seen with Gardner.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 11:30 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-09-2020, 11:09 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's funny to me comparing 6'5" 240 Trask to undrafted QBs and he is out here setting SEC passing records, shredding SEC defenses, and he was 7 for 7 I think it was in passes over 15 yards yesterday.

Gators are my team too, and it's amazing what Trask is doing for us.  That said, just about everything he's throwing is based on timing and touch.  Maybe I missed it, but I've been watching him closely, and I just don't see him making any passes that require him to throw with a lot of velocity.  Perhaps he just isn't being asked to make those throws, or perhaps he can't make them, but right now I'm not seeing any more arm strength than what we've seen with Gardner.

Touch and timing along with accuracy is a good thing, most QBs struggle with.  Last year Gardner was actually one of the better deep ball thrower in the league but its clear this year something was wrong with his hand or arm.  Ive seen Trask make some throws in tight windows and is very accurate throwing the ball down field as he was 7 for 7 or 8 for 8 on throws more than 15 yards down field.  Id love to get a guy with a arm like Josh Allen or Mahomes but its more than only arm strength for me.  I think Trask has enough arm to make most throws he needs to make at the next level. If his arm is like you say we will be able to get him in the 5th or 6th round and he will be the steal of the draft.

When some people dig in their heels, they really dig em in.

I'm admittedly really bad at judging collegiate level QB play. I don't watch enough college ball really.

Can someone give me a rundown (and fax it to everyone on the distribution list) of the top guys and the advantages/disadvantages of each? Or a good comparison video breakdown.

Lawrence
Fields
Trask
Wilson

It's looking more and more likely that NYJ won't be winning anything and will beat us to #1 for Trevor. But I see so many saying Fields but then some saying he's overrated. I have concerns with Fields like I did with Haskins (wide open WRs, single reads), but to be fair, I haven't watched a single OSU game. And then I have reservations on any QB out of FL but that's not based on anything but past failures, especially Tebow.

(11-10-2020, 11:55 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm admittedly really bad at judging collegiate level QB play. I don't watch enough college ball really.

Can someone give me a rundown (and fax it to everyone on the distribution list) of the top guys and the advantages/disadvantages of each? Or a good comparison video breakdown.

Lawrence
Fields
Trask
Wilson

It's looking more and more likely that NYJ won't be winning anything and will beat us to #1 for Trevor. But I see so many saying Fields but then some saying he's overrated. I have concerns with Fields like I did with Haskins (wide open WRs, single reads), but to be fair, I haven't watched a single OSU game.  And then I have reservations on any QB out of FL but that's not based on anything but past failures, especially Tebow.

Rundown? Can you use it in a sentence for me?

(11-10-2020, 10:13 PM)JNev Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 11:55 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm admittedly really bad at judging collegiate level QB play. I don't watch enough college ball really.

Lawrence
Fields
Trask
Wilson

It's looking more and more likely that NYJ won't be winning anything and will beat us to #1 for Trevor. But I see so many saying Fields but then some saying he's overrated. I have concerns with Fields like I did with Haskins (wide open WRs, single reads), but to be fair, I haven't watched a single OSU game.  And then I have reservations on any QB out of FL but that's not based on anything but past failures, especially Tebow.

Rundown? Can you use it in a sentence for me?

Uh, can you get this rundown for me? Or, this rundown better be really good?

(11-02-2020, 11:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:26 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: If we pass on Justin Fields and go into next season with Minshew, Luton and Sudfeld or Fitzpatrick as our QBs, I will seriously question our new front office.

If we take Fields, I will openly call for who ever is in charge to be fired.

Yea he is probably going to bust just like Herbert, right, right?!?!?!

(11-12-2020, 08:44 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we take Fields, I will openly call for who ever is in charge to be fired.

Yea he is probably going to bust just like Herbert, right, right?!?!?!

He's a very different QB than Herbert. Very different.

Have you actually watched Fields this year olinematters? I've only been able to watch one game unfortunately, but I've seen so many tweets raving about how much he has grown in exactly the areas that you are critiquing him.

Are you sure you didn't cement your evaluation of him based on last year and refuse to see that maybe he has been developing?