Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(11-18-2020, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Nobody wearing masks here. Full stadium yesterday.

All due to quick and effective lockdown and now minimal cases

Says the guys that’s going to be posting that he tested positive in a few weeks.

In Australia?
Not likely.
They are basically an island. It is an unfair comparison.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-18-2020, 08:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 12:55 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I still see people wearing a mask while driving their car and they're alone.
I think some people just forget to take it off.

It's hard for me to make it through a grocery store run. I'm not claustrophobic but I feel a panic attack coming on when I wear one too long. I wear it as long as I can and I'm pulling it down to breathe through my nose. Too much of that and I'm taking it off. Period. 

It's a serious problem for many people but I make the effort for my mom and my husband. I do try to go when there aren't as many people around but that doesn't always work out.

(11-18-2020, 09:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Says the guys that’s going to be posting that he tested positive in a few weeks.

In Australia?
Not likely.

It's not really though is it. If the leadership had been as dismissive and people as unwilling to follow direction it would be just as rife here.

Just wear the damn mask. It wont be for ever hopefully haha

(11-18-2020, 11:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 08:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think some people just forget to take it off.

It's hard for me to make it through a grocery store run. I'm not claustrophobic but I feel a panic attack coming on when I wear one too long. I wear it as long as I can and I'm pulling it down to breathe through my nose. Too much of that and I'm taking it off. Period. 

It's a serious problem for many people but I make the effort for my mom and my husband. I do try to go when there aren't as many people around but that doesn't always work out.

Have you tried these? They really help from feeling like you’re getting suffocated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M5M...49YL&psc=1
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-18-2020, 09:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Says the guys that’s going to be posting that he tested positive in a few weeks.

In Australia?
Not likely.

Not sure why it's unfair.  All countries can close their borders.  I don't think our COVID issues are due illegals crossing the border.

(11-19-2020, 02:13 AM)captivating Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 09:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: In Australia?
Not likely.

Not sure why it's unfair.  All countries can close their borders.  I don't think our COVID issues are due illegals crossing the border.

Wait didn't someone try to close the borders when this all started here in the US?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Does this mean Australia is racist and xenophobic?

(11-19-2020, 11:36 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Does this mean Australia is racist and xenophobic?

We already knew they were, he just doesn't admit it.

https://www.vox.com/2014/11/4/7138391/au...ion-asylum

FTA:

[font=Balto, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Australia's "boat people," immigrants who arrive in fishing vessels and makeshift boats, have been made scapegoats for the country's racial and cultural anxieties. By demonizing asylum seekers as lawbreakers and terrorists, Australia's politicians are able to use xenophobia as an effective wedge issue, while still maintaining a politically correct veneer of support for multiculturalism on other issues.[/font]

[font=Balto, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's xenophobia lite: all of the populist flavor, none of the overtly-racist consequences."[/font]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews...ckdown.amp

Australia locked down lol

Whelp, it's finally crept I to my area.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 03:43 PM by captivating.)

(11-19-2020, 02:48 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews...ckdown.amp

The new virus cluster is from overseas returned travellers.  Again, we'll see how successful a lockdown can be when politicians in a country act like adults and citizens don't act selfishly.

(11-19-2020, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 11:36 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Does this mean Australia is racist and xenophobic?

FTA:

[font=Balto, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Australia's "boat people," immigrants who arrive in fishing vessels and makeshift boats, have been made scapegoats for the country's racial and cultural anxieties. By demonizing asylum seekers as lawbreakers and terrorists, Australia's politicians are able to use xenophobia as an effective wedge issue, while still maintaining a politically correct veneer of support for multiculturalism on other issues.[/font]

[font=Balto, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's xenophobia lite: all of the populist flavor, none of the overtly-racist consequences."[/font]

haha.....now I know where President Trump gets his foreign policy advice from.  Did it mention building a wall?

(11-19-2020, 03:39 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:48 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews...ckdown.amp

The new virus cluster is from overseas returned travellers.  Again, we'll see how successful a lockdown can be when politicians in a country act like adults and citizens don't act selfishly.

(11-19-2020, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We already knew they were, he just doesn't admit it.

FTA:

haha.....now I know where President Trump gets his foreign policy advice from.  Did it mention building a wall?

It's hilarious when you realize that the article is from the very lefty site Vox. But that's most likely beyond your comprehension.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

But I thought they kicked rona’s butt?

(11-19-2020, 03:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 03:39 PM)captivating Wrote: The new virus cluster is from overseas returned travellers.  Again, we'll see how successful a lockdown can be when politicians in a country act like adults and citizens don't act selfishly.

It's hilarious when you realize that the article is from the very lefty site Vox. But that's most likely beyond your comprehension.

I am sure Trump is Australian.  That would explain the tan, and the excessive emphasis on great.

Great Barrier Reef
Great Australian Bight
Great Sandy Desert
Make America Great Again.

(11-19-2020, 01:10 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's hard for me to make it through a grocery store run. I'm not claustrophobic but I feel a panic attack coming on when I wear one too long. I wear it as long as I can and I'm pulling it down to breathe through my nose. Too much of that and I'm taking it off. Period. 

Have you tried these? They really help from feeling like you’re getting suffocated.

I have not. I was trying to not buy a bunch of mask stuff because I was hoping it would just go away. Naive, I know. I have one cloth mask and several N95 masks from our stash we use when burning leaves. I just didn't want to spend the money but it looks like I'm going to have to. Thanks for the link. I'm going to put those in my cart for my next order. Hopefully they work because that feeling of suffocating sucks.

(11-19-2020, 07:28 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:10 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Have you tried these? They really help from feeling like you’re getting suffocated.

I have not. I was trying to not buy a bunch of mask stuff because I was hoping it would just go away. Naive, I know. I have one cloth mask and several N95 masks from our stash we use when burning leaves. I just didn't want to spend the money but it looks like I'm going to have to. Thanks for the link. I'm going to put those in my cart for my next order. Hopefully they work because that feeling of suffocating sucks.

They keep the fabric off your nose and mouth. I can’t wear a mask without one now!

(11-19-2020, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

FTA:

I've admitted that lots of times? Terrible history with the indigenous population and refugees.

Top work on covid though and superior healthcare for the average person.

(11-19-2020, 08:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We already knew they were, he just doesn't admit it.

FTA:

I've admitted that lots of times? Terrible history with the indigenous population and refugees.

I hear ya, but the people you're speaking to only hear you if you say what they want you to say.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-19-2020, 08:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

FTA:

History? Lol, you mean "currently".

(11-19-2020, 08:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 08:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I've admitted that lots of times? Terrible history with the indigenous population and refugees.

I hear ya, but the people you're speaking to only hear you if you say what they want you to say.

Nice to see your reputation has been resurrected.