Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

I love how the made up office of the president elect is making all of these COVID vaccine plans with the vaccine under the Trump administration is literally going out next week.

- StroudCrowd1 - Office of the coolest poster on the entire message board.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2020, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 05:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The problem is that government should have as near to 0 control over people as possible.  Explain why a person who owns a restaurant (and also EMPLOYS PEOPLE) with outdoor seating is forced to shut down, yet a movie company is able to set up outdoor seating 50 ft. away and it's acceptable.

Again, the shutdowns have nothing to do with "safety" and everything to do with control.

I might have missed something up thread.  Where and when did that happen?
I will say that movie theaters are usually only under police authority while restaurants are usually under police and also under health inspectors. A health inspector might make a decision that the sheriff's deputy doesn't agree with.  Doesn't make it right, that's what might have happened though.

Planning another large party at our place this weekend.  Masks are optional and discouraged unless you want to be made fun of.  Festivities will include food, drinking, dancing, karaoke and perhaps some shooting of "scary assault weapons".  Right now our guest list is hovering around 20 or so.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-08-2020, 05:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I love how the made up office of the president elect is making all of these COVID vaccine plans with the vaccine under the Trump administration is literally going out next week.

- StroudCrowd1 - Office of the coolest poster on the entire message board.

I appreciate you being my Chief of Staff.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I watched the first episode of Pandemic on Netflix last night. A very different perspective now from when I watched the series back in the spring. It's actually kind of creepy to hear them say over and over how the next flu pandemic is just around the corner and see how ill prepared hospitals were if we got hit by one- and then we actually get hit. No one could have predicted how crazy C-19 would spread and the damage it would do. 

I remember watching it in early March as things were ramping up and I had a bad feeling about the coincidence of the series being made and coming out when it did because I don't believe in coincidence. I'm also not a conspiracy theorist but it makes you think, did someone know something? Or was it really time historically speaking for another pandemic 102 years after the last one?

(12-08-2020, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: I might have missed something up thread.  Where and when did that happen?
I will say that movie theaters are usually only under police authority while restaurants are usually under police and also under health inspectors. A health inspector might make a decision that the sheriff's deputy doesn't agree with.  Doesn't make it right, that's what might have happened though.

Planning another large party at our place this weekend.  Masks are optional and discouraged unless you want to be made fun of.  Festivities will include food, drinking, dancing, karaoke and perhaps some shooting of "scary assault weapons".  Right now our guest list is hovering around 20 or so.

You’re just talking about what you’re doing this weekend? In the Covid section?Ok cool.

I’m putting in some new locks to some doors. Cleaning these gutters because leaves right?! Then I think I’m gonna make some Detroit style pizza. That’s a deep dish pizza if you’re unfamiliar. Gonna go pick out a good Christmas tree, decorate it and get mad at all the pine needles.

Should be sweet!

(12-08-2020, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: I might have missed something up thread.  Where and when did that happen?

Sounds wonderful.

Hope you make fun of those with education beyond high school too!

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 11:05 PM by mal234.)

The governor of NC Roy Cooper has issued a new modified stay at home order. It says that those of us in NC have a curfew and can't be out between the hours of 10pm and 5am. It also says alcohol can't be sold after 9pm. A lot of people here are upset about that as evidenced by many of their comments underneath his tweets today. I can understand their frustration as this will affect more people's employment. Though unfortunately the cases are growing in NC especially in my county. I just found out today that my county is now red and critical. Not too long ago, it was like orange or yellow. Cases here are growing fast and I think we are even outgrowing the state's rate.

We have a lot of people here who still will not wear masks in public places, even with rules about that. And even with stores that have employees outside their doors ready to supply people with masks if they need one. I do believe these people are putting others in the public at risk, especially during flu and cold season. That's another problem here. A lot of people in my area are coughing and sneezing all over the place. I deal with this a lot of work. And they are not properly covering their cough/sneezes. I believe this is also contributing to the increase of COVID-19 cases here. And people just not taking care of themselves as well as they should have.

I've heard a lot of alarming COVID-19 stories lately from strangers and people who I know about people who have had severe cases of COVID. Including people who have died of it. A few days ago a lady came into work and told my co-worker a story about how her father who was in his late 60's was working at a power company. The power company didn't take precautions to protect their employees even as late as November. A co-worker of her father's got sick and asked to go home early. They wouldn't let him do that and her father contacted the disease from him and died shortly after. Her father didn't have any underlining health conditions. Her brother who was looking after her father is also now battling the disease. Another co-worker was told by a lady that her son attended a big wedding and caught COVID, yet that lady was out and about and not quarantining.

Other stories include my father's friend pastor got COVID because he attended a large thanksgiving dinner, with a person who had COVID. And right before that dinner, that person had attended another large dinner with people who had COVID. And I overhead a lady that I know that's a hairstylist saying she was around a person who's whole family caught covid, including a baby. And that someone in that family passed out in the middle of a facetime from the condition. And I overhead a co-worker mentioned something about her thanksgiving was almost ruined (because I think she mentioned) she attended a gathering where "everyone almost got COVID". Whatever that may mean.

And I've seen and heard about several people in grocery stores here who are licking their fingers to open up bags, and when they hand cashiers money. Which is gross IMO, whether we are dealing with a pandemic or not.

A lot of people here are acting dangerously and it's driving the numbers up here.

(12-08-2020, 10:54 PM)mal234 Wrote: The governor of NC Roy Cooper has issued a new modified stay at home order. It says that those of us in NC have a curfew and can't be out between the hours of 10pm and 5am. It also says alcohol can't be sold after 9pm. A lot of people here are upset about that as evidenced by many of their comments underneath his tweets today. I can understand their frustration as this will affect more people's employment. Though unfortunately the cases are growing in NC especially in my county. I just found out today that my county is now red and critical. Not too long ago, it was like orange or yellow. Cases here are growing fast and I think we are even outgrowing the state's rate.

We have a lot of people here who still will not wear masks in public places, even with rules about that. And even with stores that have employees outside their doors ready to supply people with masks if they need one. I do believe these people are putting others in the public at risk, especially during flu and cold season. That's another problem here. A lot of people in my area are coughing and sneezing all over the place. I deal with this a lot of work. And they are not properly covering their cough/sneezes. I believe this is also contributing to the increase of COVID-19 cases here. And people just not taking care of themselves as well as they should have.

I've heard a lot of alarming COVID-19 stories lately from strangers and people who I know about people who have had severe cases of COVID. Including people who have died of it. A few days ago a lady came into work and told my co-worker a story about how her father who was in his late 60's was working at a power company. The power company didn't take precautions to protect their employees even as late as November. A co-worker of her father's got sick and asked to go home early. They wouldn't let him do that and her father contacted the disease from him and died shortly after. Her father didn't have any underlining health conditions. Her brother who was looking after her father is also now battling the disease. Another co-worker was told by a lady that her son attended a big wedding and caught COVID, yet that lady was out and about and not quarantining.

Other stories include my father's friend pastor got COVID because he attended a large thanksgiving dinner, with a person who had COVID. And right before that dinner, that person had attended another large dinner with people who had COVID. And I overhead a lady that I know that's a hairstylist saying she was around a person who's whole family caught covid, including a baby. And that someone in that family passed out in the middle of a facetime from the condition. And I overhead a co-worker mentioned something about her thanksgiving was almost ruined (because I think she mentioned) she attended a gathering where "everyone almost got COVID". Whatever that may mean.

And I've seen and heard about several people in grocery stores here who are licking their fingers to open up bags, and when they hand cashiers money. Which is gross IMO, whether we are dealing with a pandemic or not.

A lot of people here are acting dangerously and it's driving the numbers up here.

99.96% survival rate. That is all.

Seriously. If this were MERS I'd be the first one saying LOCKDOWN.

This is not that. Stop acting like cowards if you are less than 60 years old.

We all owe Donald Trump a debt of gratitude. There is no way in hell any other president in recent history (or future) would have pushed two+ companies to develop vaccines in 9 months.

(12-08-2020, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 01:11 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: Heard this thing is getting bad ! Better stay inside for awhile !

Poppycock, inside is the most dangerous place to be! You should put up a tent in your back yard, then you can be inside and outside at the same time. It's really the only safe protective measure available. Well, that and the full body condom.

It’s 30 degrees outside around these parts !

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 11:36 PM by mal234.)

(12-08-2020, 11:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 10:54 PM)mal234 Wrote: The governor of NC Roy Cooper has issued a new modified stay at home order. It says that those of us in NC have a curfew and can't be out between the hours of 10pm and 5am. It also says alcohol can't be sold after 9pm. A lot of people here are upset about that as evidenced by many of their comments underneath his tweets today. I can understand their frustration as this will affect more people's employment. Though unfortunately the cases are growing in NC especially in my county. I just found out today that my county is now red and critical. Not too long ago, it was like orange or yellow. Cases here are growing fast and I think we are even outgrowing the state's rate.

99.96% survival rate. That is all.

lol. I'm not acting like a coward. I have been in the midst of a high exposure job since early April when this was all really gaining steam. I personally know people including people from my workplace who had severe cases of COVID. Including someone who was in a hospital for months along with his wife. And who had a heart attack afterwards as well. He almost died from it. And another lady from work who caught a more severe case of COVID. There were also other people from different areas at work who also caught COVID. Including people who have not returned to work.

I work for the military and I'm around a lot of military personnel on a daily basis. I've probably been around tons of people who have had COVID. 

Some people like you may not care because you may not know anyone who has had COVID, especially a severe case or almost died from COVID. Or maybe you have the luxury of working from home, or not being around a lot of people at work. So you may not know what it's like to be around a lot of exposure. And to be around people who have actually had COVID.  I'm just telling you facts and true story why I believe the numbers have risen a lot especially in my area.

Now as far as the economy goes, I've been in the middle when it comes to stuff like shutdowns, mask wearing, etc. I don't want shutdowns, I know people who lost jobs this year because of some of the stricter shutdowns that we had earlier in the state. Like when we were stuck in phase 1 here for a while. I know someone who is a single parent and lost both of their jobs because of that. And also had a harder time getting unemployment. I don't want people to be unemployed. Especially people that already don't make a lot of money, like a lot of people in the service industry who a lot of these restrictions impact.  I've expressed my opinion before about that.

But I do believe that mask wearing in public places could help stop the spread. And I do think that people here (and elsewhere should take that seriously.) Don't put the cashier at Publix health at risk, because you refuse to wear a mask for a few minutes.  I don't think that people should have to wear masks in their homes, unless they know they are infected/have symptoms. They could wear it then to look out for other people in their household, especially if they have a high risk family member. I think that gatherings/visits in the home can be fine as long as they aren't ridiculously large. 

I've also said that I didn't think that it was necessary for people to have to wear masks if they are actively working out. And are socially distancing on machines at gym. Which we now actually have to do here in NC.

Some of the restrictions I think have been a bit stricter, but I do believe people could cut down on the spread if they exhibited some common sense and followed some of the more beneficial rules. Like mask wearing in public places like stores. And covering their cough and sneezes and taking better care of themselves. Especially since it's also cold and flu season. That's just basic common sense.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 11:36 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-08-2020, 11:29 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 11:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 99.96% survival rate. That is all.

lol. I'm not acting like a coward. I have been in the midst of a high exposure job since early April when this was all really gaining steam. I personally know people including people from my workplace who had severe cases of COVID. Including someone who was in a hospital for months along with his wife. And who had a heart attack afterwards as well. He almost died from it. And another lady from work who caught a more severe case of COVID. There were also other people from different areas at work who also caught COVID including people who have not returned to work.

I work for the military and I'm around a lot of military personnel on a daily basis. I've probably been around tons of people who have had COVID. 

Some people like you may not care because you may not know anyone who has had COVID, especially a severe case or almost died from COVID. Or maybe you have the luxury of working from home, or not being around a lot of people at work. So you may not know what it's like to be around a lot of exposure. And to be around people who have actually had COVID.  I'm just telling you facts and true story why I believe the numbers have risen a lot especially in my area.

Now as far as the economy goes, I've been in the middle when it comes to stuff like shutdowns, mask wearing. I don't want shutdowns, I know people who lost jobs this year because of some of the stricter shutdowns that we had earlier in the state. Like when we were stuck in phase 1 here for a while. I know someone who is a single parent and lost both of their jobs because of that. And also had a harder time getting unemployment. I don't want people to be unemployed especially people that already don't make a lot of money.  I've been expressed my opinion before about that.

But I do believe that mask wearing in public places could help stop the spread. And I do think that people here (and elsewhere should take that seriously.) Don't put the cashier at Publix health at risk, because you refuse to wear a mask for a few minutes.  I don't think that people should have to wear masks in their homes, unless they know they are affected/have symptoms. They could wear it then to look out for other people in their household, especially if they have a high risk family member. I think that gatherings/visits in the home can be fine as long as they aren't ridiculously large. 

I've also said that I didn't think that it was necessary for people to have to wear masks if they are actively working out. And are socially distancing on machines at gym. Which we now actually have to do here in NC.

Some of the restrictions I think have been a bit stricter, but I do believe people could cut down on the spread if they exhibited some common sense and followed some of the more beneficial rules. Like mask wearing in public places like stores. And covering their cough and sneezes and taking better care of themselves. Especially since it's also cold and flu season. That's just basic common sense.

Actual research has shown that masks do LITERALLY zero to combat the spread.

But hey, continue to be a sheep.

The best comedic source of reality comes from JP Sears. He was a huge liberal prior to the COVID outbreak.. now? He hates all liberals and their stupid views because they control the narrative.

He used to think that liberals were the opposing view versus free speech.. now he realizes the liberals are the ones destroying free speech

Approx 35 of my sons coworkers and players have tested positive for Covid since October. Ages range from early 20’s to late 60’s and everything in between. Not one fatality or lasting health problems resulting from it.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 11:47 PM by mal234.)

(12-08-2020, 11:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 11:29 PM)mal234 Wrote: lol. I'm not acting like a coward. I have been in the midst of a high exposure job since early April when this was all really gaining steam. I personally know people including people from my workplace who had severe cases of COVID. Including someone who was in a hospital for months along with his wife. And who had a heart attack afterwards as well. He almost died from it. And another lady from work who caught a more severe case of COVID. There were also other people from different areas at work who also caught COVID including people who have not returned to work.

Now as far as the economy goes, I've been in the middle when it comes to stuff like shutdowns, mask wearing. I don't want shutdowns, I know people who lost jobs this year because of some of the stricter shutdowns that we had earlier in the state. Like when we were stuck in phase 1 here for a while. I know someone who is a single parent and lost both of their jobs because of that. And also had a harder time getting unemployment. I don't want people to be unemployed especially people that already don't make a lot of money.  I've been expressed my opinion before about that.

But I do believe that mask wearing in public places could help stop the spread. And I do think that people here (and elsewhere should take that seriously.) Don't put the cashier at Publix health at risk, because you refuse to wear a mask for a few minutes.  I don't think that people should have to wear masks in their homes, unless they know they are affected/have symptoms. They could wear it then to look out for other people in their household, especially if they have a high risk family member. I think that gatherings/visits in the home can be fine as long as they aren't ridiculously large. 

The best comedic source of reality comes from JP Sears. He was a huge liberal prior to the COVID outbreak.. now? He hates all liberals and their stupid views because they control the narrative.

He used to think that liberals were the opposing view versus free speech.. now he realizes the liberals are the ones destroying free speech

I've seen research that indicates that they do help prevent the spread. Especially if a lot of people wear them. I personally do feel better wearing them at work and in public places. Especially every time I've around a bunch of people who will not cover their cough and sneezes. Or they sound like they are hacking up a lung and I don't know what's wrong with them. Whether it's COVID or something else. I do think that by most people at work (including co-workers and military personnel, service members) using masks it has prevented us from having a much bigger COVID outbreak.

I also know that masks can be uncomfortable. I wear them like 43 hours a week for work +when I go out in public places. I've worn them enough to see the downsides of them.  I know that they can cause things like bad breath, and adult acne, even for people who have never really dealt with acne. I know when you start wearing them they can take a toll on people and make people's respiratory system feel tired. I've felt tired before from wearing masks, especially when I first started having to wear them. I know they can make people cough quite a bit, I have co-workers who cough a lot because of their masks. 

I know they can even make people pass out, including people who are not used to them. I had to call over one of my bosses after an elderly veteran passed out from wearing a mask. I've seen older people shake when they wear masks, because they aren't used to it. And for those people we have granted exceptions from mask wearing. I've spoken on the downsides of masks before in this very thread after everything first started happening with COVID.

I understand a lot about the good and bad of masks wearing. I do think though that the good overall does outweigh the bad. And that for now people should wear them in public places. I don't think they should have to wear them in their homes (unless some is infected). Or outside in fresh air away from people. But I feel like in public is the right thing to do.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 11:48 PM by mikesez.)

(12-08-2020, 11:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 11:29 PM)mal234 Wrote: lol. I'm not acting like a coward. I have been in the midst of a high exposure job since early April when this was all really gaining steam. I personally know people including people from my workplace who had severe cases of COVID. Including someone who was in a hospital for months along with his wife. And who had a heart attack afterwards as well. He almost died from it. And another lady from work who caught a more severe case of COVID. There were also other people from different areas at work who also caught COVID including people who have not returned to work.

Calling someone a sheep isn't an argument.

If someone is right about stuff, you should follow their advice, and ignore people who say that makes you a sheep.

As for Sears, he is usually funny.  His stuff used to be making fun of coastal elites, but it has gotten more politically right-leaning.  He was never liberal though.

Did you see those graphs about mask mandates in various counties in Kansas?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2020, 12:00 AM by mal234.)

(12-08-2020, 11:42 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Approx 35 of my sons coworkers and players have tested positive for Covid since October. Ages range from early 20’s to late 60’s and everything in between. Not one fatality or lasting health problems resulting from it.

I'm glad to hear that nothing serious happened to any of them. The people I know who have had the more severe cases of COVID, were in various age ranges. The person from work who was hospitalized for months along with his wife and had the heart attack is in his 50's. I'm not sure if he had any prior underlining medical conditions. Another lady from work who a got a severe case of COVID, is either in like her late 30's or early 40s. I don't think she's had any underlining health conditions before she caught it. She assisted me when I first got this job and I talked to her a bit, we talked a little about COVID but she didn't indicate she was high risk. 

And actually now that I think about it a lot of high risks employees that were at my job, before I got there were actually given medical leave for like a year. That actually opened up the door for me to get a job. So maybe the lady and the man at work that got it weren't high risk. Or as high risk as those who took leave. 

We also have people at work who have issues like asthma, but the ones that were out had even worse conditions. The lady's who came into work and told my co-worker about her father dying, father was in his late 60's. He was elderly but she said he didn't have any underlining medical conditions. Her brother who got it is younger.

My father's friend pastor is older, I believe. And there were really young people who caught it in that family the hairstylist I know was talking about. Though, I'm not sure how severe their situations were. It sounded like the older people in that family were the ones who caught the most severe cases of it.

I'm glad a lot of people who will get it will end up being okay. It is alarming though how it can impact others and cause issues like strokes, and other really serious issues. And sometimes it has impacted and killed younger people like that Broadway actor who caught a severe case of it and died. It does seem like there is no rhyme or reason to what it does to some people and that is definitely alarming. I think we all need to do the best we can to take care of ourselves and each other.

(12-08-2020, 11:42 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Approx 35 of my sons coworkers and players have tested positive for Covid since October. Ages range from early 20’s to late 60’s and everything in between. Not one fatality or lasting health problems resulting from it.

How could you possibly know that?

Friggin' Cooper. He's going to to kill NC economy. I guess I have to go find a local news source to see what he's done this time.

The sad thing is, NC is breaking records for positive cases. Whether or not they're all legit is yet to be determined. We've had the department of health telling people they were positive when they weren't.

(12-09-2020, 12:25 AM)captivating Wrote:

How could you possibly know that?

As of now I should have said.

That’s gonna be a hard pass for me!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/08/pfizer-m...rials.html