Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

(12-14-2020, 04:34 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Kane Wrote: Was not a great night for Trask, though if you want to be objective, those INTs weren't exactly just bad throws/plays by him. Double doink INT near the sideline especially.

It wasn't a good night for Trask, but not really because of the interceptions. It just showed more than any other game that if you can get some pressure on him and he is forced to move off his spot that his arm and decision making are just not there. He needs the clean pocket and full mechanics to have adequate arm talent to make all the throws.

Basically a taller Minshew then.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 05:20 PM by Kane.)

(12-14-2020, 04:34 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Kane Wrote: Was not a great night for Trask, though if you want to be objective, those INTs weren't exactly just bad throws/plays by him. Double doink INT near the sideline especially.

It wasn't a good night for Trask, but not really because of the interceptions. It just showed more than any other game that if you can get some pressure on him and he is forced to move off his spot that his arm and decision making are just not there. He needs the clean pocket and full mechanics to have adequate arm talent to make all the throws.

You parrot the same crap over and over. "He doesn't run" "arm strength" You're the worst broken record I've ever heard lol
His arm strength wasn't the issue Saturday night. Him not being a running QB might have helped them, I guess, but his play from the pocket this year has been nothing short of outstanding. Even with 3 turnovers (including a pick 6 which was just a defender easily reading Mullens playbook) he still had the Gators in it the whole time. Despite Mullen's refusal to pull bad players from the lineup (particularly on the OL). Despite Mullen's questionable situational play calling. Despite the defense pretty much not showing up, again.

He makes all the throws regularly. He had 400 yards for 10 ypa, and 4 total TDs. The Gators got beat but the list of reasons for the L doesn't start anywhere near Trask.

(12-14-2020, 05:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 04:34 PM)Upper Wrote: It wasn't a good night for Trask, but not really because of the interceptions. It just showed more than any other game that if you can get some pressure on him and he is forced to move off his spot that his arm and decision making are just not there. He needs the clean pocket and full mechanics to have adequate arm talent to make all the throws.

Basically a taller Minshew then.

Hahaha... Man I hope you're joking. Minshew regularly leaves a clean pocket. Doesn't look off safeties or read blitzes properly and doesn't have nearly the arm talent Trask does. Trask is easily a late 1st or 2nd rounder. There's a reason Minshew was a 6th rounder.

(12-14-2020, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I'm not gonna make excuses for him though, probably his worst game at the worst possible time.
Mostly though I blame Dan Mullen, dude is too cocky for his own good. Not playing Pitts to rest him for Bama was stupid, imo. Not taking points early when in the RZ.

UF's defense is still trash so I never gave them much of a chance in the SECCG anyway.

But, just like everyone wants to say that Fields one bad game against IU shouldn't counter all the good I don't think that LSU game should negate all the good Trask has done.
My opinion is pretty much still the same, late first early second round QB. Not going to come in and be anyone's savior QB but if he lands with a Nola or New England I think he'll do very well.
I agree.

My whole point is that one game shouldn’t completely change the outlook on a player. Fields bad game shouldn’t change his entire body of work.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in all of it. If you liked Trask before the bad LSU game, you should still like him today.

I have the same opinion of Trask now, that I had before his bad game. I think he has the potential to be a good NFL QB, but it's gonna take time with him. Who ever drafts him is gonna need patience. He's not a plug and play QB. He's more on the developmental side. 

The same goes for Fields. I didn't like him before his bad game against Indiana and I still don't like him. I don't see an NFL QB when I watch him play and I've seen all of his games. If he wasn't so athletic, there is no way he'd be considered a first round pick.

Whether it’s Fields, Wilson, or Lance I just pray we have a really good GM/HC that can provide the necessary team and coaching to get it right. This QB class is loaded, I don’t think we can go wrong with who we pick but we damn sure can botch the GM/HC and ruin any sort of development.

(12-14-2020, 05:17 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 04:34 PM)Upper Wrote: It wasn't a good night for Trask, but not really because of the interceptions. It just showed more than any other game that if you can get some pressure on him and he is forced to move off his spot that his arm and decision making are just not there. He needs the clean pocket and full mechanics to have adequate arm talent to make all the throws.

You parrot the same crap over and over. "He doesn't run" "arm strength" You're the worst broken record I've ever heard lol
His arm strength wasn't the issue Saturday night. Him not being a running QB might have helped them, I guess, but his play from the pocket this year has been nothing short of outstanding. Even with 3 turnovers (including a pick 6 which was just a defender easily reading Mullens playbook) he still had the Gators in it the whole time. Despite Mullen's refusal to pull bad players from the lineup (particularly on the OL). Despite Mullen's questionable situational play calling. Despite the defense pretty much not showing up, again.

He makes all the throws regularly. He had 400 yards for 10 ypa, and 4 total TDs. The Gators got beat but the list of reasons for the L doesn't start anywhere near Trask.

(12-14-2020, 05:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Basically a taller Minshew then.

Hahaha... Man I hope you're joking. Minshew regularly leaves a clean pocket. Doesn't look off safeties or read blitzes properly and doesn't have nearly the arm talent Trask does. Trask is easily a late 1st or 2nd rounder. There's a reason Minshew was a 6th rounder.

I'm joking, but the problems he listed are very Minshewy, all though our boy seems to have developed a few more this season like you said.

A number of you guys have doubts about Lance for obvious reasons, and a smaller group of you have doubts about Fields. Maybe I missed it, but I'm not seeing much for criticism of Wilson... Does anyone have problems with Wilson as a prospect?
And as far as Lawrence goes, he had a spectacular freshman season - are we assuming he's the next generational talent based on his freshman season? I admit I have watched very little of him in the past couple of seasons... Has he improved? As solid as his freshman season was, I would think he would be that much better by now.

(12-15-2020, 11:58 AM)scottyg Wrote: A number of you guys have doubts about Lance for obvious reasons, and a smaller group of you have doubts about Fields.  Maybe I missed it, but I'm not seeing much for criticism of Wilson... Does anyone have problems with Wilson as a prospect?
And as far as Lawrence goes, he had a spectacular freshman season - are we assuming he's the next generational talent based on his freshman season?  I admit I have watched very little of him in the past couple of seasons...  Has he improved?  As solid as his freshman season was, I would think he would be that much better by now.

Wilson checks all the boxes you look for in a QB. He isn't your traditional BYU QB. He is young and rising. He isn't a 25 year old who has already reached his ceiling. He has the rocket arm and moxie required to be a starter in the NFL. Yeah he had an off game against Coastal Carolina but he drove his team down the field for the win and came 2 yards short of an epic comeback. I am a huge fan.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-15-2020, 11:58 AM)scottyg Wrote: A number of you guys have doubts about Lance for obvious reasons, and a smaller group of you have doubts about Fields.  Maybe I missed it, but I'm not seeing much for criticism of Wilson... Does anyone have problems with Wilson as a prospect?
And as far as Lawrence goes, he had a spectacular freshman season - are we assuming he's the next generational talent based on his freshman season?  I admit I have watched very little of him in the past couple of seasons...  Has he improved?  As solid as his freshman season was, I would think he would be that much better by now.

I can only speak on my own personal opinion of Wilson after watching him in 4 full games this season. I see everything I want in a franchise QB, when I watch him play. He has great instincts, a very strong arm, a quick release, really good pocket presence and his accuracy, both in the pocket and on the run are superb. He can throw into tight windows, throws a tight spiral, has an excellent deep ball and is very mobile. I've also read glowing reports about his work ethic and he is constantly studying game films. He has the mental aspects of the game seared into his brain. He isn't content to rest on his laurels. He is constantly striving to get better. 

The only issue I have is the same issue that I have with Trevor Lawrence. Wilson's frame is pretty lean. I would like to see him add 15-20 lbs., just to make sure he can withstand the punishment he will face in the NFL. Other than that, I have no real issues.

I would need a careful medical evaluation. Some feel his delivery creates extra leverage and he's already torn both labrums in his shoulders and had wrist surgery on his throwing hand.

(12-15-2020, 05:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

I would need a careful medical evaluation. Some feel his delivery creates extra leverage and he's already torn both labrums in his shoulders and had wrist surgery on his throwing hand.

Yep. It would seem it's his only real issue. Medical history creates questions about shelf life.

(12-15-2020, 02:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I can only speak on my own personal opinion of Wilson after watching him in 4 full games this season. I see everything I want in a franchise QB, when I watch him play. He has great instincts, a very strong arm, a quick release, really good pocket presence and his accuracy, both in the pocket and on the run are superb. He can throw into tight windows, throws a tight spiral, has an excellent deep ball and is very mobile. I've also read glowing reports about his work ethic and he is constantly studying game films. He has the mental aspects of the game seared into his brain. He isn't content to rest on his laurels. He is constantly striving to get better. 

The only issue I have is the same issue that I have with Trevor Lawrence. Wilson's frame is pretty lean. I would like to see him add 15-20 lbs., just to make sure he can withstand the punishment he will face in the NFL. Other than that, I have no real issues.

15-20? He needs atleast 30. He is built like a middle school boy. He’s a good player, but I think he needs a year to atleast physically develop. What’s good is he checks off everything QB wise, great prospect.

If this guy declares we could have 6 first round QBs:

https://247sports.com/player/carson-strong-46042739/
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Trevor Lawerence is the only QB to draft. The rest are just a bunch of Trubiskys. We need to hope Trevor pulls a Eli Manning.

(12-16-2020, 05:16 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Trevor Lawerence is the only QB to draft. The rest are just a bunch of Trubiskys.  We need to hope Trevor pulls a Eli Manning.

This guy. Clown shoes.

(12-15-2020, 11:22 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If this guy declares we could have 6 first round QBs:

I doubt Strong wouldn't be much better than a 4th round pick. I haven't seen Nevada play in a very long time, but the last time I watched them, they ran a pistol offense. It's one of the more gimmicky schemes in football IMO.

(12-15-2020, 02:12 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Wilson checks all the boxes you look for in a QB. He isn't your traditional BYU QB. He is young and rising. He isn't a 25 year old who has already reached his ceiling. He has the rocket arm and moxie required to be a starter in the NFL. Yeah he had an off game against Coastal Carolina but he drove his team down the field for the win and came 2 yards short of an epic comeback. I am a huge fan.

This guy.  Likes bust QBs and is a poor evaluator of talent.  Wilson is really 6'1" and skinny. You'll see at the combine. He doesn't have a rocket arm like Mahomes,  josh allen, justin herbert.  Get your eyes checked.  Clown.

(12-16-2020, 08:28 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 02:12 PM)Dimson Wrote: Wilson checks all the boxes you look for in a QB. He isn't your traditional BYU QB. He is young and rising. He isn't a 25 year old who has already reached his ceiling. He has the rocket arm and moxie required to be a starter in the NFL. Yeah he had an off game against Coastal Carolina but he drove his team down the field for the win and came 2 yards short of an epic comeback. I am a huge fan.

This guy.  Likes bust QBs and is a poor evaluator of talent.  Wilson is really 6'1" and skinny. You'll see at the combine. He doesn't have a rocket arm like Mahomes,  josh allen, justin herbert.  Get your eyes checked.  Clown.

You have no idea what you are talking about as usual.

(12-16-2020, 08:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 08:28 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: This guy.  Likes bust QBs and is a poor evaluator of talent.  Wilson is really 6'1" and skinny. You'll see at the combine. He doesn't have a rocket arm like Mahomes,  josh allen, justin herbert.  Get your eyes checked.  Clown.

You have no idea what you are talking about as usual.

If he actually watched one BYU game, even the Coastal Carolina game, there is no way he could say that about Wilson.

(12-16-2020, 07:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 11:22 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If this guy declares we could have 6 first round QBs:

I doubt Strong wouldn't be much better than a 4th round pick. I haven't seen Nevada play in a very long time, but the last time I watched them, they ran a pistol offense. It's one of the more gimmicky schemes in football IMO.

Dude is a Jay Cutler clone. He'd be a top 20 pick if he declared. "I haven't seen Nevada play in a very long time" exactly!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-17-2020, 11:52 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 07:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I doubt Strong wouldn't be much better than a 4th round pick. I haven't seen Nevada play in a very long time, but the last time I watched them, they ran a pistol offense. It's one of the more gimmicky schemes in football IMO.

Dude is a Jay Cutler clone. He'd be a top 20 pick if he declared. "I haven't seen Nevada play in a very long time" exactly!

He's like a buck 90.... Jay Cutler clone? That dude sucked lol