Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(12-15-2020, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 07:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dudes, the news is scaring me, 300k deaths and rising.  California and NY hospitals being filled with covid patients.  Should I get vaccinated?  Is it safe or will it mess up my cells and make me into spiderman or a x men mutant?

If those are the two options, sounds like a win-win.

My druthers is Superman.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-14-2020, 07:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Viruses are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask. Water coming from a person's mouth via cough can atomize just as it can from a typical sprayer. The virus can ride those small water particles right through the cloth mask.

Atomize?  

Here's a simple way to demonstrate the droplet capture effectiveness of a mask.  Cough or sneeze about a foot away from a mirror, then observe the moisture particles on the glass.  Now put on a mask and repeat the exercise.  It's not on the mirror this time, where could it be?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-15-2020, 08:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 07:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Viruses are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask. Water coming from a person's mouth via cough can atomize just as it can from a typical sprayer. The virus can ride those small water particles right through the cloth mask.

Atomize?  

Here's a simple way to demonstrate the droplet capture effectiveness of a mask.  Cough or sneeze about a foot away from a mirror, then observe the moisture particles on the glass.  Now put on a mask and repeat the exercise.  It's not on the mirror this time, where could it be?

Dude... if you're coughing or sneezing on or even near people you have serious problems.

I have always done social distancing. I hate people. Why would I want to be close to strangers?

(12-15-2020, 08:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Atomize?  

Dude... if you're coughing or sneezing on or even near people you have serious problems.

I have always done social distancing. I hate people. Why would I want to be close to strangers?

Never been to a football game then, or any sporting event, or a movie, production, show, school event, fire drill, grocery store, supermarket, gas station.......

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 10:47 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-15-2020, 09:40 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Dude... if you're coughing or sneezing on or even near people you have serious problems.

Never been to a football game then, or any sporting event, or a movie, production, show, school event, fire drill, grocery store, supermarket, gas station.......

LOL

If you legit hate being around people... even in ALL those situations, you are never THAT close to people.

Sheep.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 10:52 PM by mikesez.)

(12-15-2020, 10:47 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 09:40 PM)captivating Wrote: Never been to a football game then, or any sporting event, or a movie, production, show, school event, fire drill, grocery store, supermarket, gas station.......

LOL

If you legit hate being around people... even in ALL those situations, you are never THAT close to people.

Sheep.

Liquor is too cheap these days for you still be *that* uptight.  Put some plastic bottle vodka in the freezer and enjoy!
Just uh, stop once you've had enough.

And if you can afford top shelf stuff, forget what I said about plastic bottle vodka
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

How come in the news, it's like only fat people get really sick bad from this virus.

Dang man, this vaccine will make you look like Sloth from The Goonies. "Hey you guuuuuys!"

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...y-vaccine/

(12-15-2020, 05:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Seeing Bill Gates ugly mug all over the television as it pertains to the vaccine gives me an uneasy feeling. Something just doesn't feel right...

I guess you didn't watch Pandemic on Netflix. Those who did aren't surprised he's in the middle of this.

(12-15-2020, 11:06 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dang man, this vaccine will make you look like Sloth from The Goonies. "Hey you guuuuuys!"

The FDA never finds evidence of anything that might hurt their mission.

(12-15-2020, 11:06 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dang man, this vaccine will make you look like Sloth from The Goonies. "Hey you guuuuuys!"

Bell's Palsy is temporary. My ex-husband had it when we were living in Germany. His company commander called and said it looked like half of his face was melting and I should meet him at the hospital. Lol. A couple of weeks later he was fine.

(12-15-2020, 11:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 05:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Seeing Bill Gates ugly mug all over the television as it pertains to the vaccine gives me an uneasy feeling. Something just doesn't feel right...

I guess you didn't watch Pandemic on Netflix. Those who did aren't surprised he's in the middle of this.

He's gonna sell these vaccines like software upgrades...."yes ma'am, you are due for Co-vaccine 2.1, will that be a single seat or family license?"
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-15-2020, 10:47 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 09:40 PM)captivating Wrote: Never been to a football game then, or any sporting event, or a movie, production, show, school event, fire drill, grocery store, supermarket, gas station.......

LOL

Sheep.

Yeah right, never THAT close........any closer and you'd be accused of sexual misconduct.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblackandteal.com%2Fwp-cont...0x560.jpeg]

(12-15-2020, 11:01 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: How come in the news, it's like only fat people get really sick bad from this virus.

I see a lot of stories about young healthy people getting really sick from it.

I just don't understand how people can get so bent out of shape over wearing a mask. Common sense dictates that if everyone covers the fount of the virus, transmission rates will decline. It really is that simple.

(12-16-2020, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just don't understand how people can get so bent out of shape over wearing a mask. Common sense dictates that if everyone covers the fount of the virus, transmission rates will decline. It really is that simple.

I think the majority of people do wear masks. It is just fun watching people put their medical degrees to work arguing about the effects of the mask.

(12-16-2020, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just don't understand how people can get so bent out of shape over wearing a mask. Common sense dictates that if everyone covers the fount of the virus, transmission rates will decline. It really is that simple.

I think the majority of people do wear masks. It is just fun watching people put their medical degrees to work arguing about the effects of the mask.

The University of Google has a sizable alumni.

(12-16-2020, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think the majority of people do wear masks. It is just fun watching people put their medical degrees to work arguing about the effects of the mask.

The University of Google has a sizable alumni.

I hate to be technical, but your use of the word "alumni" suggests they were actually smart enough to graduate.

(12-16-2020, 01:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The University of Google has a sizable alumni.

I hate to be technical, but your use of the word "alumni" suggests they were actually smart enough to graduate.

The U of G has no standards.

(12-16-2020, 02:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 01:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I hate to be technical, but your use of the word "alumni" suggests they were actually smart enough to graduate.

The U of G has no standards.

[Image: good-job-participating-meme.jpg]