Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

Still give me Wilson over anyone not named Trevor Lawrence.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems like it was a rough day for the pro prospects of all the QBs who played. I guess that makes Wilson today's winner by default?

Wilson has one more game against UCF. It should be a high scoring game and a nice showcase for Wilson. Hopefully hew lights it up and puts away all doubts of who should be the second QB taken.

(12-20-2020, 01:04 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:58 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Before you move Jones up, remember he was playing against UF's non-existent defense.

Lots of QBs have done that all year.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I don't think anybody is going to move him up, he just looked like the better QB in the game. Trask didn't show anything special (neither did Jones) and he left a lot of plays on the field.

If it wasn't for Pitts being such a beast and the refs bailing out the Florida Offense over and over again, this game would have been a blow out.

You must be joking. Bama was mugging the Fla receivers on almost every play. Its suprizing they weren't flagged more.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-20-2020, 01:07 AM)Upper Wrote: Seems like it was a rough day for the pro prospects of all the QBs who played.  I guess that makes Wilson today's winner by default?

Only one pro prospect had a rough day.

(12-20-2020, 01:47 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 01:07 AM)Upper Wrote: Seems like it was a rough day for the pro prospects of all the QBs who played.  I guess that makes Wilson today's winner by default?

Jags gonna jag

(12-19-2020, 04:01 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 03:51 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I say draft Sewell and see who is left, if anyone, with the 2nd 1rd pick.  Otherwise, BAP there and roll with Minshew another year.

Draft Sewell, ship off third rounder to Jets for Darnold.

1st Sewell OT

1st Horn CB

2nd Ford FS

2nd Shelvin DT

I agree on taking Sewell. He is a can't miss player who will protect the quarterback's blind side. Robinson does not deserve a big contract due to his mediocre play this season. The problem with Darnold is that he will need to be paid a lot of money after next season and he has not shown that he deserves it. I like Shelvin a lot if they plan to transition to the 3-4 defense. Horn and Ford are solid picks, but I'd prefer a tight end like Freirmuth with the 2nd pick. The free agent class is loaded with good safeties like Justin Simmons and Marcus Williams. Either of those two would strengthen the secondary significantly and would be worth a big contract.

The decision on quarterback will likely be a real conundrum for the new general manager. If Khan hires the right guy, it would not surprise me at all if they wait until their 2nd pick to take a q.b. Fields and Wilson may both succeed in the NFL, but both are too risky to take with the 2nd pick. We saw today the limitations of Fields and we really don't know how Wilson will fare when the competition level is much better than he has faced in college. His slight stature is another negative in taking him 2nd overall. If Mac Jones is available at the end of round 1, he might be worth taking at that spot. However, I would not consider the off-season a disaster if they could solidify both lines by adding quality talent. The Jaguars currently lack talent at many key positions and the first priority should be to improve as many position groups as possible. Gardner Minshew will never be a top 10 quarterback, but I believe he can win when surrounded by better talent. He was never as good as everyone made him out to be last season, but also not as bad as his critics claimed this season- especially since he was playing hurt. By defeating Indy in the first game, the opportunity to draft a potential generational quarterback was lost. Don't compound that by reaching for a quarterback, especially when Penny Sewell is there for the taking.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 07:10 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-20-2020, 12:17 AM)prime winner Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 11:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The same could be said for Fields, or Wilson, or every other QB in college football if they played on that Bama team.

It's not like Trask is playing with chopped liver out there.

Yes any qb would play better with Bama but we were discussing Trask and Jones. I don't know if Trask will be a franchise qb but I'd prefer him over Fields. There's no qb in this draft that I would take at 2 besides Lawrence if the Jets for some reason.

It looks like we are a little bit screwed at #2.  I was hoping there would be a clear cut guy there, but Fields has been majorly disappointing.  Of course, I am no scout, I haven't studied whether his receivers were open or not, or his past games.  I've only seen his two worst games.  But still, he hasn't looked good.  

Trask I would take around pick 10 to 15.  Trask does have great weapons, but he doesn't have a running game to balance things out.

We have to get a QB.  It's an absolute must.  And I don't want to wait until the end of the 1st round to pick one.  As the talent level drops off, it gets riskier and riskier.

We'll see how the scouting process plays out but I don't imagine guys like fields or Wilson fall to late 1st. If you like one of them probably need to take them at 2 to make sure you get them. Position is too important to get cute with it.

(12-20-2020, 08:36 AM)rfc17 Wrote: We'll see how the scouting process plays out but I don't imagine guys like fields or Wilson fall to late 1st. If you like one of them probably need to take them at 2 to make sure you get them. Position is too important to get cute with it.

I'd easily take Wilson #2 and be thrilled. As for Fields, he's not even on my radar.

(12-20-2020, 01:47 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:

Thi,  Upper thinks that Trask had a rough game every game he has played this year lol

(12-20-2020, 08:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:36 AM)rfc17 Wrote: We'll see how the scouting process plays out but I don't imagine guys like fields or Wilson fall to late 1st. If you like one of them probably need to take them at 2 to make sure you get them. Position is too important to get cute with it.

I'd easily take Wilson #2 and be thrilled. As for Fields, he's not even on my radar.

Right now the only two guys I want at 2 are Wilson or Sewell.

(12-20-2020, 12:50 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd easily take Wilson #2 and be thrilled. As for Fields, he's not even on my radar.

Right now the only two guys I want at 2 are Wilson or Sewell.

Agreed.

Serious question, does anything Fields does tank his stock? If he does the same thing he did vs NW against Clemson do we get to have a serious talk about him not being the real deal? Or are people just too entrenched?

(12-20-2020, 01:45 PM)JNev Wrote: Serious question, does anything Fields does tank his stock? If he does the same thing he did vs NW against Clemson do we get to have a serious talk about him not being the real deal? Or are people just too entrenched?

I still have an open mind because I still think he could be the second pick. But I also still think Wilson is better.

(12-20-2020, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 01:47 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Only one pro prospect had a rough day.

Thi,  Upper thinks that Trask had a rough game every game he has played this year lol

He has good college/statistical games. He has bad NFL trait games. Stark difference.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 02:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-20-2020, 02:24 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thi,  Upper thinks that Trask had a rough game every game he has played this year lol

He has good college/statistical games. He has bad NFL trait games. Stark difference.

Athleticism is the only trait he really lacks but that should be the last trait you look for in a QB. Hes your typical pocket passing QB. The type of QB most SBs have come from

(12-20-2020, 01:45 PM)JNev Wrote: Serious question, does anything Fields does tank his stock? If he does the same thing he did vs NW against Clemson do we get to have a serious talk about him not being the real deal? Or are people just too entrenched?

Fields' stock is already tanking. He's definitely not "the real deal." That was all invented by the media.

(12-20-2020, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 01:47 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Only one pro prospect had a rough day.

That’s actually not anywhere close to what he’s said lol

You just get so upset whenever someone criticizes the player you love that you blackout and don’t actually process the information.

For me, I think the QBs are in the following tiers:

1. Lawerence

2. Fields
3. Wilson

4. Lance Trask Mac

If the Jaguars draft Kyle trask, and he starts looking like a bust, he then becomes kyle trash