Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(12-22-2020, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 09:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nancy Pelosi said the first check for $1200 was crumbs, but stated the $600 in this bill is sufficient. Hmm...

Trump countering with removing the pork and upping it to 2k for individuals and 4k for couples. Veto that [BLEEP]! Expose them all.

Of course he is.....easy to spend other people's money and increase the debt for the next President to inherit and deal with.

In Trumpland, Trumenomics suggests just print money and make everyone millionaires.

In fact, we should float the Trump Dollar and get rid of the USD.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-23-2020, 02:26 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump countering with removing the pork and upping it to 2k for individuals and 4k for couples. Veto that [BLEEP]! Expose them all.

Of course he is.....easy to spend other people's money and increase the debt for the next President to inherit and deal with.

In Trumpland, Trumenomics suggests just print money and make everyone millionaires.

If they cut all the pork they could give everyone $10,000 and still be cheaper than that bill. That bill has nothing to do with covid and is just a spending bill.

Trump should send it back and say I'll only sign a 1 page covid relief bill that says each legal citizen will get $X.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-23-2020, 02:45 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 02:26 AM)captivating Wrote: Of course he is.....easy to spend other people's money and increase the debt for the next President to inherit and deal with.

If they cut all the pork they could give everyone $10,000 and still be cheaper than that bill. That bill has nothing to do with covid and is just a spending bill.

Trump should send it back and say I'll only sign a 1 page covid relief bill that says each legal citizen will get $X.

Ah, no, you are wrong

The bill is $900bn, so the max if distributed to people is $2,700.  But that would take money away from small business and everything else.

A $10,000 check would cost over $3 trillion, three times the stimulus bill.

For context, take the $1.3bn away from Egypt and that only equals $3 per citizen.

Once again, all hot air and noise from the Trump camp.

(12-23-2020, 04:11 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 02:45 AM)p_rushing Wrote: If they cut all the pork they could give everyone $10,000 and still be cheaper than that bill. That bill has nothing to do with covid and is just a spending bill.

Ah, no, you are wrong

The bill is $900bn, so the max if distributed to people is $2,700.  But that would take money away from small business and everything else.

For context, take the $1.3bn away from Egypt and that only equals $3 per citizen.

It's 2.3 trillion in total, although they are only calling 900 billion a stimulus. The whole thing is pork. $10,000 wouldn't go to every person, should have said family.

A lot of what you guys are calling "pork" is extra unemployment assistance.
The virus has really hurt tourism and travel. Those people are still unemployed.
I don't need $600 or $1200 or $2700 right now.
It's the people who lost their jobs that need it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 09:12 AM by jj82284.)

(12-23-2020, 04:11 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 02:45 AM)p_rushing Wrote: If they cut all the pork they could give everyone $10,000 and still be cheaper than that bill. That bill has nothing to do with covid and is just a spending bill.

Ah, no, you are wrong

Do kids get checks?

(12-23-2020, 08:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: A lot of what you guys are calling "pork" is extra unemployment assistance.
The virus has really hurt tourism and travel.  Those people are still unemployed.

Unemployed women in pakistan?

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 09:16 AM by The Real Marty.)

So Trump sat out the negotiations, and Mnuchin negotiated it on behalf of the White House, and when they finally reached agreement, Mnuchin thanked Trump for his leadership.   But now, Trump has apparently joined the Democrats in calling for bigger stimulus checks.  This after he sat out the negotiations.  

“If his major concern is he wants $2,000 relief checks, I’m sure we can accommodate his desires,” said Representative Jamie Raskin, Democrat of Maryland and a member of Ms. Pelosi’s leadership team. “On the Democratic side, we have been pushing for a much larger package for months.”

As far as the details of the bill, all the foreign aid etc, you guys are understandably confused by the way they lumped the Stimulus bill and the Omnibus spending bill into one bill.  So it looks like the stimulus package is loaded with pork, but in reality, that's just the usual pork-laden omnibus spending bill.

(12-23-2020, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So Trump sat out the negotiations, and Mnuchin negotiated it on behalf of the White House, and when they finally reached agreement, Mnuchin thanked Trump for his leadership.   But now, Trump has apparently joined the Democrats in calling for bigger stimulus checks.  This after he sat out the negotiations.  

“If his major concern is he wants $2,000 relief checks, I’m sure we can accommodate his desires,” said Representative Jamie Raskin, Democrat of Maryland and a member of Ms. Pelosi’s leadership team. “On the Democratic side, we have been pushing for a much larger package for months.”

As far as the details of the bill, all the foreign aid etc, you guys are understandably confused by the way they lumped the Stimulus bill and the Omnibus spending bill into one bill.  So it looks like the stimulus package is loaded with pork, but in reality, that's just the usual pork-laden omnibus spending bill.

Yes it is, and I'm glad he's vetoing it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-23-2020, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So Trump sat out the negotiations, and Mnuchin negotiated it on behalf of the White House, and when they finally reached agreement, Mnuchin thanked Trump for his leadership.   But now, Trump has apparently joined the Democrats in calling for bigger stimulus checks.  This after he sat out the negotiations.  

Marty, he sat out negotiations because Pelosi refuses to work with him.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 09:55 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Trump said he won't sign another ridiculous omnibus bill. Why are they testing him NOW of all times.

I hope every lawmakers holiday is ruined and they back to the drawing board with a new bill. Trump should go ahead and rip up that slap in the face to the American people on national TV. Then again, it will take the worlds strongest man contestant to rip through 6000 pages.

(12-23-2020, 09:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump said he won't sign another ridiculous omnibus bill. Why are they testing him NOW of all times.

I hope every lawmakers holiday is ruined and they back to the drawing board with a new bill. Trump should go ahead and rip up that slap in the face to the American people on national TV. Then again, it will take the worlds strongest man contestant to rip through 6000 pages.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia3.giphy.com%2Fmedi...f=1&nofb=1]

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 10:24 AM by JaG4LyFe.)

(12-23-2020, 02:26 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump countering with removing the pork and upping it to 2k for individuals and 4k for couples. Veto that [BLEEP]! Expose them all.

You're a sad excuse for a human being

(12-23-2020, 08:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: A lot of what you guys are calling "pork" is extra unemployment assistance.
The virus has really hurt tourism and travel.  Those people are still unemployed.

Back to the kiddy table Mike, this is an adult discussion
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Imagine being an American and defending this bill.

I also like seeing politicians who voted Yay on this monstrosity pretend they were fine with 2k payments all along.

This is primary gold for future GOP races...

I'm fine with foreign aid. Giving money to other nations is how we influence global policy. I disagree with foreign aid if we aren't actually benefitting from it. Not we, the politicians, but we the people. I don't feel like that's what we were doing under Obama, and I have a feeling the Biden administration will continue with his policies. Many democrats see it as a form of wealth redistribution and don't care if we are gaining much from it at all, because they are more concerned with the global government.

Again, one of the biggest problem with the federal government is setting clear goals. They need to have goals for that money. Also, it needs to be in it's own spending bill. Make a bill for Covid, then one for foreign aid. Both should come with parameters to be met.

(12-23-2020, 10:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Imagine being an American and defending this bill.

I also like seeing politicians who voted Yay on this monstrosity pretend they were fine with 2k payments all along.

Even the liberals are against the bill. AOC was even complaining about it.

Trump played them, went directly to the people, and now this will die. Dems will agree to the $2,000, but republicans most likely won't with all the pork there. Nobody has read the thing, they wrote it to force people to pass it, and now they have plenty of time to read it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(12-23-2020, 01:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 10:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Imagine being an American and defending this bill.

Even the liberals are against the bill. AOC was even complaining about it.

Trump played them, went directly to the people, and now this will die. Dems will agree to the $2,000, but republicans most likely won't with all the pork there. Nobody has read the thing, they wrote it to force people to pass it, and now they have plenty of time to read it.

Good. Americans forced out of work that have been [BLEEP] over by the government won't miss their $600 for another couple months. I realize Biden will sign the porkiest bill in the history of the world, but I love the fact Trump brought a wrecking ball to the China shop and I can't wait to see the carnage. These politicians are evil people and should rot in hell.

(12-23-2020, 01:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 01:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Even the liberals are against the bill. AOC was even complaining about it.

Good. Americans forced out of work that have been [BLEEP] over by the government won't miss their $600 for another couple months. I realize Biden will sign the porkiest bill in the history of the world, but I love the fact Trump brought a wrecking ball to the China shop and I can't wait to see the carnage. These politicians are evil people and should rot in hell.
Does “politicians” include Trump or Nah?

(12-23-2020, 01:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 01:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good. Americans forced out of work that have been [BLEEP] over by the government won't miss their $600 for another couple months. I realize Biden will sign the porkiest bill in the history of the world, but I love the fact Trump brought a wrecking ball to the China shop and I can't wait to see the carnage. These politicians are evil people and should rot in hell.
Does “politicians” include Trump or Nah?

The problem extends past 4 years, so I'd trend towards Nah...

(12-23-2020, 04:18 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 04:11 AM)captivating Wrote: Ah, no, you are wrong

It's 2.3 trillion in total, although they are only calling 900 billion a stimulus. The whole thing is pork. $10,000 wouldn't go to every person, should have said family.

I don't like money being distributed overseas when we have our own domestic issues to deal with.  Especially now, when the focus needs to be within.

But as Mike says, there are a lot of other parts of this omnibus bill supporting unemployed, small business in addition to payments to the people.

I am against the bill period.  The federal government is not supposed to be a source of income.  If they want it to be "stimulus" then stop confiscating (taxes) so much of our earned income.  This should also apply to capital gains.  If I own something whether it's stock or a vehicle or a home, I should get 100% of the proceeds from selling it without the government confiscating part of it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.