Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey - Worth Every Penny (article)

Since we're referencing PFF and all:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1337209332824494080

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 04:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-11-2020, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 02:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here are the CB rankings half way through the season.  When the argument for top corner gets brought up Ramsey hasn't even been in the discussion the past couple of years except by a few on this board

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-th...nfl-season
And? Through week 7 means pretty much nothing.

I know you’re having a hard time with this after Ramsey has shut down just about everyone including Metcalf.

So half a season means nothing?  Lol.  Hes been a little better but def. not on par with a guy like Xavier Howard or even James Bradberry.  Only if they had a Aaron Donald to force the throws.

(12-11-2020, 03:12 PM)Upper Wrote: Since we're referencing PFF and all:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1337209332824494080

I do agree with that.  Ramsey is better against the bigger and more physical WRs.

(12-11-2020, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 02:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here are the CB rankings half way through the season.  When the argument for top corner gets brought up Ramsey hasn't even been in the discussion the past couple of years except by a few on this board

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-th...nfl-season
And? Through week 7 means pretty much nothing.

I know you’re having a hard time with this after Ramsey has shut down just about everyone including Metcalf.

He had a hard time with Evans who he got called for multiple flags that would of been a TD.  If he shuts down every one he would have a much higher pff grade than a 73 lol

Only if Jones didn't get hurt

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/sidney-jones/11798

(12-11-2020, 04:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And? Through week 7 means pretty much nothing.

He had a hard time with Evans who he got called for multiple flags that would of been a TD.  If he shuts down every one he would have a much higher pff grade than a 73 lol
So PFF is the end all be all? Because Corey Davis is the #2 rated WR. Damien Harris is the #1 graded RB. Richard Rodgers is the #2 TE.

And do you really think Bryce Callahan is the #2 CB.

Come on now. Remove the hate you have for Ramsey and just be objective for once in your life.

(12-11-2020, 04:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 04:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He had a hard time with Evans who he got called for multiple flags that would of been a TD.  If he shuts down every one he would have a much higher pff grade than a 73 lol
So PFF is the end all be all? Because Corey Davis is the #2 rated WR. Damien Harris is the #1 graded RB. Richard Rodgers is the #2 TE.

Come on now. Remove the hate you have for Ramsey and just be objective for once in your life.
I am objective. Never said it wad the end all be all but he doesnt shut everyone down like you say.  Ramsey is a good corner but not great like a few on this board thinks.  He did have a great year in 2017 but he hasn't played to level since.   Id take Xavier Howard any day over Ramsey any day.  Not only is Howard a great cover corner but he's also a playmaker. Has 20 Ints in 50 games.

Is Xavier Howard related to Xavien Howard?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-11-2020, 05:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Is Xavier Howard related to Xavien Howard?

Twin

(12-11-2020, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 04:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So PFF is the end all be all? Because Corey Davis is the #2 rated WR. Damien Harris is the #1 graded RB. Richard Rodgers is the #2 TE.

I am objective. Never said it wad the end all be all but he doesnt shut everyone down like you say.  Ramsey is a good corner but not great like a few on this board thinks.  He did have a great year in 2017 but he hasn't played to level since.   Id take Xavier Howard any day over Ramsey any day.  Not only is Howard a great cover corner but he's also a playmaker. Has 20 Ints in 50 games.

Sorry bud, but you're one of the few people on this planet who doesn't think Ramsey is a great CB and arguably the best in the league.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 05:38 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

He always has been top 5. Maybe top 3. The best? nah
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 06:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-11-2020, 05:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He always has been top 5. Maybe top 3. The best? nah

I agree can agree with this, I'd probably put him top 5.  But the best? Nah

(12-11-2020, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I am objective. Never said it wad the end all be all but he doesnt shut everyone down like you say.  Ramsey is a good corner but not great like a few on this board thinks.  He did have a great year in 2017 but he hasn't played to level since.   Id take Xavier Howard any day over Ramsey any day.  Not only is Howard a great cover corner but he's also a playmaker. Has 20 Ints in 50 games.

Sorry bud, but you're one of the few people on this planet who doesn't think Ramsey is a great CB and arguably the best in the league.

I think it was ESPN, they asked who the top corner in the league was and had 4 options, Ramsey wasnt one of them.  1 guy in the comments did mention Ramsey though.

(12-11-2020, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 04:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So PFF is the end all be all? Because Corey Davis is the #2 rated WR. Damien Harris is the #1 graded RB. Richard Rodgers is the #2 TE.

So you think you’re objective?

So when you say Tebow would have been a HOFer and Minshew is better than Watson..... that’s being objective?

(12-11-2020, 06:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 05:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He always has been top 5. Maybe top 3. The best? nah

I agree can agree with this, I'd probably put him top 5.  But the best? Nah

(12-11-2020, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Sorry bud, but you're one of the few people on this planet who doesn't think Ramsey is a great CB and arguably the best in the league.

I think it was ESPN, they asked who the top corner in the league was and had 4 options, Ramsey wasnt one of them.  1 guy in the comments did mention Ramsey though.
And so he’s good. Not great. But also top 5.

Ramsey is a great corner. I just wish he wasn’t such a terrible person. On the field performance is important, but it won’t be the entire story of his career.

Faking an injury to force a trade is just such a [BLEEP] move. Don’t fault him for wanting to get paid. Don’t fault him for wanting a trade. The way he did it was just disgraceful though.

I'll play. Who is a better CB than Ramsey? Howard or Bradberry? Lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-12-2020, 03:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I'll play. Who is a better CB than Ramsey? Howard or Bradberry? Lol

Yes, both!

Who cares... the dude is a headcase and didn't want to be here. Hypothetically let's say Coughlin had stroked his ego instead of belittling him. And we signed him to some huge mega deal. This team would still suck, our pass rush would still be non existent, and he'd be getting torched more often as QBs would have all day to throw. Would he be acting as a model teammate since he got paid and wasn't dissed? Or would he be constantly pouting and blaming others? We all know the answer. Dude is a headcase. He is the ideal "rent a cb" if you are trying to make a run at the super bowl. Rams need to hope their dline stays all world and the team keeps winning.

So, if Rams lose week 17 with their backup QB, they miss out on playoffs?

(12-28-2020, 10:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, if Rams lose week 17 with their backup QB, they miss out on playoffs?

If Rams lose and Bears win they are out.

(12-28-2020, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 10:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, if Rams lose week 17 with their backup QB, they miss out on playoffs?

If Rams lose and Bears win they are out.

Good for us. I can't imagine being the Rams and Texans in their current state not owning a 1st round pick.