Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(12-26-2020, 10:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 06:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Seeing as Trump basically just took a giant dump on the GOP, I doubt many of his previous phony "allies" will have any problem separating themselves from him next election cycle.

I'm sure they want to it's just they might be afraid of getting primaried if they do.

There will be a lot of primarying going on. The GOP reps and senators who ignored voter fraud in the media are dead men walking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-22-2020, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A buddy of mine's wife is sick with the 'rona. They went to get tested yesterday and as expected she tested positive. He shows no symptoms and tests negative, which is good for him because he has some serious comorbidities.

What a crazy virus.

Update: he got sick as a dog but is starting to feel better already.

(12-26-2020, 11:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A buddy of mine's wife is sick with the 'rona. They went to get tested yesterday and as expected she tested positive. He shows no symptoms and tests negative, which is good for him because he has some serious comorbidities.

What a crazy virus.

Update: he got sick as a dog but is starting to feel better already.

Great news.

[Image: IMG-20201227-203945.jpg]
maryland food

I'm sure it was stated in this thread but have a question.

I had Covid 19 and was really sick. I was hospitalized for a few days but now improving except my taste and smell has not come back. Is it possible i will never regain it? And If I dont, what can I do to get it back?

(12-28-2020, 11:27 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I'm sure it was stated in this thread but have a question.

I had Covid 19 and was really sick. I was hospitalized for a few days but now improving except my taste and smell has not come back. Is it possible i will never regain it? And If I dont, what can I do to get it back?

You might get pasosmia where everything smells like dead fish or burning.

Things should return to normal in the coming months provided you don't catch the virus again.

[Image: IMG-20201229-WA0007.jpg]

[Image: IMG-6134.jpg]
add link to image html

Another record to be proud of:

The United States reported 124,686 current Covid-19 hospitalizations on Tuesday, setting a record high since the pandemic began, according to the Covid Tracking Project (CTP).

This is the 28th consecutive day that the US has remained above 100,000 current hospitalizations.

(12-30-2020, 02:34 AM)captivating Wrote: Another record to be proud of:

The United States reported 124,686 current Covid-19 hospitalizations on Tuesday, setting a record high since the pandemic began, according to the Covid Tracking Project (CTP).

This is the 28th consecutive day that the US has remained above 100,000 current hospitalizations.

How can this be?  All the medical experts on this board have assured us Covid is just the flu!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-30-2020, 08:25 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 02:34 AM)captivating Wrote: Another record to be proud of:

How can this be?  All the medical experts on this board have assured us Covid is just the flu!

If you'll refer to the chart just a few posts up...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-29-2020, 11:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: IMG-6134.jpg]
add link to image html

Doesn't it stand to reason that if 300,000 ish of our most at risk people have died of Covid, there are much less people susceptible to flu?

Not really. I'm sure it might make a small dent in the typical numbers, but not enough to really stand out. It's not like the flu exclusively targets the at risk population.

(12-30-2020, 04:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Not really. I'm sure it might make a small dent in the typical numbers, but not enough to really stand out. It's not like the flu exclusively targets the at risk population.

Okay, let's chalk up a small dent for that then, and add in another dent for the social distancing we've been practicing for 9 months.

A 41 year old Congressman-elect from Louisiana died from Covid. He leaves behind a wife and two kids.

(12-30-2020, 05:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Not really. I'm sure it might make a small dent in the typical numbers, but not enough to really stand out. It's not like the flu exclusively targets the at risk population.

Okay, let's chalk up a small dent for that then, and add in another dent for the social distancing we've been practicing for 9 months.

So what accounts for the uptick in Covid? Do the viruses spread similarly?

(12-30-2020, 05:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Okay, let's chalk up a small dent for that then, and add in another dent for the social distancing we've been practicing for 9 months.

Mode of transmission isn't the same as infectivity.

(12-30-2020, 05:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Okay, let's chalk up a small dent for that then, and add in another dent for the social distancing we've been practicing for 9 months.

Covid is a natural predator of the common flu.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-30-2020, 05:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: A 41 year old Congressman-elect from Louisiana died from Covid. He leaves behind a wife and two kids.

and Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island) died from complications from the flu.

(12-30-2020, 05:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: A 41 year old Congressman-elect from Louisiana died from Covid. He leaves behind a wife and two kids.
(12-30-2020, 11:46 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: A 41 year old Congressman-elect from Louisiana died from Covid. He leaves behind a wife and two kids.

and Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island) died from complications from the flu.
He died with covid, he had some surgery for some reason and died of a heart attack.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk