Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(01-06-2021, 06:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 06:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Its almost brainwashing. Trump can do no wrong for some people. The guy has celebrity and charisma. Like i said, he helped the gop get some big things done, but hes a loose cannon. Dont appease the crocodile just so he'll eat you last.

Trunp annoys me and does plenty wrong. It's the hypocrisy that bothers me the most.

I genuinely believe all politicians are the scum iof the earth but will always support whomever I feel has my best interested at heart.

I agree totally with you about your opinion of all politicians. Even if they enter politics with good intentions, they are eventually corrupted by the system. Democrats are no better than Republicans in this regard. And yes, you are correct about the hypocrisy (on both sides). 

Trump has done some good things while in office. It is very unfortunate for our country, however, that he is such a disturbed man. In my opinion, it will take our country a long time to recover from the damage he has done. This is why I am so angered by his actions. That being said, I appreciate your response and respect the right you have to your opinions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2021, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 07:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How’s the feeling mutual? You couldn’t care less if I believe it or not?

Or you couldn’t care less if you believe it or not?

Either way. Stay classy.

Feeling is mutual in the fact that I don’t care or believe you.  I assume your fictitious relative is alive and well in these horrendous actors of terror right? Was this person even on duty? Doesn’t matter. I still don’t care.  Have a nice night
If you don’t care, why are you asking questions? But I’ll answer them.

My fictitious cousin is alive and well I assume considering I haven’t heard of any police deaths. He is on duty and I saw his friend on TV inside the building but didn’t see my cousin.
When he texts me back, I’ll PM you.

But you don’t care so feel free to skip over all that.

(01-06-2021, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote: Feeling is mutual in the fact that I don’t care or believe you.  I assume your fictitious relative is alive and well in these horrendous actors of terror right? Was this person even on duty? Doesn’t matter. I still don’t care.  Have a nice night
If you don’t care, why are you asking questions? But I’ll answer them.

My fictitious cousin is alive and well I assume considering I haven’t heard of any police deaths. He is on duty and I saw his friend on TV inside the building but didn’t see my cousin.

Please, don’t PM me.  I’m glad you know those whole Capitol force.  (Not really). Again, have a good night.

So MAGA was successful.

(01-06-2021, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If you don’t care, why are you asking questions? But I’ll answer them.

Please, don’t PM me.  I’m glad you know those whole Capitol force.  (Not really). Again, have a good night.
I know two guys. I’ll PM you. Be on the lookout.

(01-06-2021, 07:57 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So MAGA was successful.

Nice one.

(01-06-2021, 08:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote: Please, don’t PM me.  I’m glad you know those whole Capitol force.  (Not really). Again, have a good night.
I know two guys. I’ll PM you. Be on the lookout.

Well la de dah,  Pretend my posts don’t have a reply button.

Sure thing bud.

(01-06-2021, 07:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 06:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trunp annoys me and does plenty wrong. It's the hypocrisy that bothers me the most.

I genuinely believe all politicians are the scum iof the earth but will always support whomever I feel has my best interested at heart.

I agree totally with you about your opinion of all politicians. Even if they enter politics with good intentions, they are eventually corrupted by the system. Democrats are no better than Republicans in this regard. And yes, you are correct about the hypocrisy (on both sides). 

Trump has done some good things while in office. It is very unfortunate for our country, however, that he is such a disturbed man. In my opinion, it will take our country a long time to recover from the damage he has done. This is why I am so angered by his actions. That being said, I appreciate your response and respect the right you have to your opinions.

I agree with this, as it summarizes my feelings perfectly.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(01-06-2021, 06:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trunp annoys me and does plenty wrong. It's the hypocrisy that bothers me the most.

My problem with sentiment is that you seem satisfied only solving one half of the equation. Trump is a brash, narcissistic populist. He says dumb stuff. This vitriol wasn't created exclusively by Trump. The media and demagoguery of the left showed absolutely no boundaries for the last 4 years. Half of the population will get their wish in removing Trump. The other half will continue to watch the left abuse every institution they control. There will be no recourse for one side's antics over the last 4 years. The left now controls every single institution in the national public sphere with the exception of the Supreme Court, which I personally believe will be altered at the first possible chance. People would not feel this desperate if they thought there was any other way to solve this. When is the left going to be held accountable for their unacceptable behavior?

What damage has trump done vs the damage that the Democrats have done?  Every move the guy made or tried to make was fought tooth and nail.  Has he acted  childish at times? Absolutely, but the other side acted just as such fighting every thing the man has ever said or done. I wonder what could have been done and what our country would be like without all the BS that the politics bring. The last four years we’re going great until Covid. Less the childish behavior of the left not accepting Trump as president. This country is headed down a dark path.  Pretty scary.  Biden and what’s her nuts isn’t going to fix it.

(01-06-2021, 08:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 07:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I agree totally with you about your opinion of all politicians. Even if they enter politics with good intentions, they are eventually corrupted by the system. Democrats are no better than Republicans in this regard. And yes, you are correct about the hypocrisy (on both sides). 

My problem with sentiment is that you seem satisfied only solving one half of the equation. Trump is a brash, narcissistic populist. He says dumb stuff. This vitriol wasn't created exclusively by Trump. The media and demagoguery of the left showed absolutely no boundaries for the last 4 years. Half of the population will get their wish in removing Trump. The other half will continue to watch the left abuse every institution they control. There will be no recourse for one side's antics over the last 4 years. The left now controls every single institution in the national public sphere with the exception of the Supreme Court, which I personally believe will be altered at the first possible chance. People would not feel this desperate if they thought there was any other way to solve this. When is the left going to be held accountable for their unacceptable behavior?

The left will be held accountable when the damage they have caused impacts the people who have been pushing it for them.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 08:46 PM by Jags.)

(01-06-2021, 08:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/202...rotesters/

Shocker!  I was thinking that would be the case.  I’ve seen others posts suggestions my it as well.  So predictable and sad.

(01-06-2021, 08:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/202...rotesters/

Ruh-roh..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

That's probably my greatest source of frustration. Half of the major disagreements happen because we literally watch different news. Not news that leans one way or the other, but news with completely different narratives. I hate.... HATE the way news is done these days. It's profit driven propaganda from both sides. But, again, the reoccurring problem stems from the fact that even though both sides do it, the left dominates the narrative. The ability to cast blame on others or to push out any type of failure with the promise of change leaves me dumbfounded. Their stranglehold on information and the appeal to authority that comes with it seems like it can not be undone.

Everyone has a line. It's moving left at a faster clip than people realize. I agree that they will eventually cross a line for most Americans, but when? I already have friends that know the democratic party is completely different than 15 years ago, but won't change. I think this is driven primarily because conservative is a dirty word, and they are convinced that anyone speaking from that angle is the devil. Again, Republicans have this same problem about democrats, but the national narrative is not shaped by republicans. It's shaped by Dems, and increasingly progressives. My problem with old timers is that they tend to believe the momentum will always shift back and forth in the same system, but this is just not true historically. When the momentum gets strong enough, we will move into a new paradigm, which will completely change polarities. For the United States, this could be disastrous. I'm sure there are hopefuls out there that think it will lead to the next Utopia, but that's not very likely when you consider the past.

Media won't do their job reporting this, which is why we are where we are in the first place.

Trump had a huge opportunity to make a real difference. To bring business acumen to politics, but unfortunately, narcism meant he surrounded himself with those who only told him what he wanted to hear.

He failed and now we have to deal with career politicians...who themselves with make the same mistakes and only make short term decisions to benefit themselves.

*sigh*

(01-06-2021, 08:56 PM)captivating Wrote: Trump had a huge opportunity to make a real difference.  To bring business acumen to politics, but unfortunately, narcism meant he surrounded himself with those who only told him what he wanted to hear.

He failed and now we have to deal with career politicians...who themselves with make the same mistakes and only make short term decisions to benefit themselves.

*sigh*

Portnoy/Musk 2024?

Check out the picture at the top of the story. The ol' MSM doesn't miss a trick, do they? 

Biden urges restoring decency after 'assault' on democracy (news4jax.com)