Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

A Meyer hire will be a huge disappointment for me.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 12:19 PM by Jag88.)

I cant wait to see who the choice is. I wonder when the choice will be made.

I was initially against the idea of hiring Meyer, but he does have a strength at organization and building a winning culture. IF he comes in and focuses on management and leaves the X's and O's to a good offensive and defensive coordinator, I think he could be a good hire. Still have concerns about his health and commitment levels. IF he wants to come in here and try to pencil whip other NFL coaches, though, I am not so sure he'd be successful.

(01-08-2021, 12:19 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I cant wait to see who the choice is. I wonder when the choice will be made.

The way this seems to be playing out, not until all interviewees have been interviewed and hopefully not until a GM is announced..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-08-2021, 11:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sorry if already posted, but reading all over twitter that the schedule is a Meyer interview today and a Saleh interview tomorrow.

Correct

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 12:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I wonder why we haven't interviewed Daboll when early rumors was we are interested?

(01-08-2021, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder why we haven't interviewed Daboll when early rumors was we are interested?

I am holding out hope that we still do. We haven't interviewed Arthur Smith yet either, but supposedly we were trying to set up a meeting with him. Maybe some of these guys are so focused on the playoffs that they are just waiting for some time to open up in their schedule and they are staying in contact with the team to make that happen. At least that is what I hope.

(01-08-2021, 12:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder why we haven't interviewed Daboll when early rumors was we are interested?

I am holding out hope that we still do. We haven't interviewed Arthur Smith yet either, but supposedly we were trying to set up a meeting with him. Maybe some of these guys are so focused on the playoffs that they are just waiting for some time to open up in their schedule and they are staying in contact with the team to make that happen. At least that is what I hope.
Chargers are the favorite to land Daboll.  Daboll and Joe Brady are 2 that we haven't interviewed yet that I really hope we do

(01-08-2021, 12:14 PM)Jagwired Wrote: A Meyer hire will be a huge disappointment for me.

We're in the same boat. I'd rather have a young up and coming HC. Meyer has never coached in the NFL but there's always a first time.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We can't interview Daboll yet.

But it's strange we haven't requested permission to though.

(01-08-2021, 01:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Why not? We have interviewed other coaches in the play offs.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Agreed, the Jets and Chargers have

(01-08-2021, 12:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am holding out hope that we still do. We haven't interviewed Arthur Smith yet either, but supposedly we were trying to set up a meeting with him. Maybe some of these guys are so focused on the playoffs that they are just waiting for some time to open up in their schedule and they are staying in contact with the team to make that happen. At least that is what I hope.
Chargers are the favorite to land Daboll.  Daboll and Joe Brady are 2 that we haven't interviewed yet that I really hope we do

Who knows why this organization does anything? Daboll was the big coaching prize in my mind. What he did with Josh Allen was amazing. It can only be chalked up to incompetence, why we haven't interviewed him.

Why?

Jags interviewed Bienimey and he's still with KC, wasn't in person though..

I have a feeling there's a lot more happening that we don't know about. It wouldn't surprise me if Khan made a GM hiring announcement in the next week.

Well, I hope so.

(01-08-2021, 01:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have a feeling there's a lot more happening that we don't know about. It wouldn't surprise me if Khan made a GM hiring announcement in the next week.

Well, I hope so.

100%

(01-08-2021, 01:06 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: We can't interview Daboll yet.

Why not? We have interviewed other coaches in the play offs.

Bienemy has a bye week and is eligible for interviews. 

Daboll isn't allowed to interview until after their game

I have not jumped on the Joe Brady bandwagon.  His claim to fame is one year as the passing coordinator/wide receivers coach for LSU, but what works in college doesn't necessarily work in the NFL.  They are two different games.  In his one year as NFL offensive coordinator, his offense was ranked in the bottom half of the league in yards and in the bottom 10 in points.  Some say the stats were good considering what he had to work with, but keep in mind that bad teams sometimes rack up a bunch of yards in garbage time.  Maybe he's a guy to keep an eye on for the future, but I can understand why the Jaguars would choose to interview others.

(01-08-2021, 01:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have a feeling there's a lot more happening that we don't know about. It wouldn't surprise me if Khan made a GM hiring announcement in the next week.

Well, I hope so.

I hope so. While I wouldn't mind Meyer as a head coach, I definitely don't want him as Head Coach/GM, ala Coughlin 1.0. Our salary cap situation would erode rather quickly.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I like Saleh from what I've read. I really like defensive coaches paired with a great QB, and the guy seems to have all the tools. He's made a rapid ascent up the NFL coaching ranks.