Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(01-16-2021, 09:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 09:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway die within days of getting COVID vaccine

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/...story.html

All over 80 years of age with "severe underlying conditions." Basically people who were on Death's doorstep anyway.

(01-16-2021, 09:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did.  Forgive me, Lord.

What was the humor in it? I'm somewhat dark in my outlook, but I don't really find anything there at which to laugh.

Nursing home residents dying should not be very surprising.  That's why I laughed at the headline.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-16-2021, 09:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 09:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: All over 80 years of age with "severe underlying conditions." Basically people who were on Death's doorstep anyway.

What was the humor in it? I'm somewhat dark in my outlook, but I don't really find anything there at which to laugh.

Nursing home residents dying should not be very surprising.  That's why I laughed at the headline.

Oh, that makes sense then because I had the same reaction. How many nursing home residents die every two weeks in Norway regardless of the vaccine? I thought you were laughing at the dyin' not the writin'.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdw-wp-production.imgix....f=1&nofb=1]

(01-16-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 09:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Nursing home residents dying should not be very surprising.  That's why I laughed at the headline.

Oh, that makes sense then because I had the same reaction. How many nursing home residents die every two weeks in Norway regardless of the vaccine? I thought you were laughing at the dyin' not the writin'.

This is the EXACT same argument that has been being made about Covid.

At first, I thought my Governor (DeWine) was handling the pandemic rather well, but over time I have realized that giving updates on the Covid-19 situation has gone to his head and now he is addicted to the camera. For the past 2 months he comes on TV every day at 2 p.m. to give the same long winded updates about the same thing he talked about the day before. The press conferences are laughable. One day he even brought his wife on and she was reading off the ingredients for her favorite cookie recipe that she baked for her grand kids during the lockdown. Now, since the vaccine has come out, we are subjected to watching elderly people, front line workers and the disabled get their shots while the governor joyously roots them on from a remote location. This is getting ridiculous and weird. I think this pandemic has created a "fame whore" here in Ohio.

It's been one year since the first reported case in the US.

One year and 400,000 deaths.

https://www.livescience.com/one-year-sin...-case.html

(01-20-2021, 04:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's been one year since the first reported case in the US.

It seems a lot longer than a year.

(01-20-2021, 05:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 04:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's been one year since the first reported case in the US.

It seems a lot longer than a year.

I may be in the minority here and I understand 2020 was hard on a lot of people and in different ways. Whether it was financial or getting sick then or their family/friends. That I’m sure plays a big role on ones thoughts about the past year.  But IMO, 2020 FLEW by.  Was the fastest year I’ve ever experienced.

When do the deaths become Biden’s failed policies?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Lol, like Biden will have any failed policies.

(01-20-2021, 08:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol, like Biden will have any failed policies.

If Obama's policies got Trump elected, this time won't be any different,  except the Dems learned how to rig elections.

(01-20-2021, 08:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 08:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol, like Biden will have any failed policies.

If Obama's policies got Trump elected, this time won't be any different,  except the Dems learned how to rig elections.

Keep fighting the fight! 

Trump is winning!

(01-20-2021, 09:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 08:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Obama's policies got Trump elected, this time won't be any different,  except the Dems learned how to rig elections.

Keep fighting the fight! 

Trump is winning!

That's right.  It's all part of the plan.  Trump is playing 3-D chess while we're all playing checkers.  Right, StroudCrowd1?

(01-21-2021, 10:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 09:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Keep fighting the fight! 

Trump is winning!

That's right.  It's all part of the plan.  Trump is playing 3-D chess while we're all playing checkers.  Right, StroudCrowd1?

You have become unhinged. Hard to watch.

(01-20-2021, 08:46 PM)copycat Wrote:

When do the deaths become Biden’s failed policies?

We'll be monitoring the rate of positivity and fatality under Biden to compare what happened under the last guy. 

Let's revisit in September or so. This new UK strain is supposed to be 3x more contagious and could take over the US as primary variant by March. Biden has his hands full to slow it.

(01-21-2021, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 08:46 PM)copycat Wrote: When do the deaths become Biden’s failed policies?

We'll be monitoring the rate of positivity and fatality under Biden to compare what happened under the last guy. 

Let's revisit in September or so. This new UK strain is supposed to be 3x more contagious and could take over the US as primary variant by March. Biden has his hands full to slow it.

EO's to lift travel bans seems like a good start.

(01-21-2021, 10:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: We'll be monitoring the rate of positivity and fatality under Biden to compare what happened under the last guy. 

EO's to lift travel bans seems like a good start.

Travel bans designed by Trump to affect predominantly Muslim nations have little to do with the pandemic. 

If your guy's bans had actually been full measure and based in science rather than politics we'd not be tallying 400K dead right now. 

You'll see a rollout of travel measures in the coming days that include negative test requirements from many parts of the world. Hold your horses.

(01-21-2021, 10:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 10:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: EO's to lift travel bans seems like a good start.

Travel bans designed by Trump to affect predominantly Muslim nations have little to do with the pandemic. 

If your guy's bans had actually been full measure and based in science rather than politics we'd not be tallying 400K dead right now. 

You'll see a rollout of travel measures in the coming days that include negative test requirements from many parts of the world. Hold your horses.

400K is much lower than the projected 2M deaths from the pandemic. 

The root cause of this entire thing is China and the WHO yet people waste their energy blaming Trump. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yesterday, the WHO changed the criteria for counting Covid cases. Wanna take a guess if it will favor Biden's numbers or not?

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 11:26 AM by homebiscuit.)

So now we go back to the WHO, which is firmly in the pocket of the Chinese. Remember this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1243865641448169474

(01-21-2021, 11:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yesterday, the WHO changed the criteria for counting Covid cases. Wanna take a guess if it will favor Biden's numbers or not?

It's a deeply scientific algorithm developed through thorough research and supporting evidence. It's called "The Hunter Scale".