Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Cullen hired as Jags DC! Looks like a 3-4 defense incoming

as someone else said before Ravans have had a top defense for years even this season. Let me remind all of you they lost to bills 17 to 3.  the defense only allowed 10 points. one td was  a int  ret by bills defense.

will he make jags defense better? we won't know until he starts his job, and we play  our first game this upcomeing season in sept.  

there  are some things we know for sure at this time.  

our new HC doesn't have a loseing record in nfl. hes 0-0  hopefully he starts off with wnning.

the whole jags staff will have a different look in 2021 season.  

we have 11 picks in this years draft,and from what i understand also the first pick in each round. 

we have highest salry cap to use-hopefuly the GM is a smart user of money.

I wasn't happy about the myer hireing no,but unlike doug i am giveing  myer a chance.  a winner in college,and if he can trasnfer that winning into the nfl it would be awsome.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-22-2021, 02:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Meyer on the 3-4 defense

The summary is that the very best is to have strong rushers because then you can play 4-3. If you don't then 3-4 may be for you.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2021, 05:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-21-2021, 05:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Again.....a big MEH. Seems dude might be a drunk.

Personal life
Cullen was fired shortly after his hire at the University of Mississippi after being charged with drunk and disorderly conduct after passing out in a local Subway.[3]
Cullen was arrested in 2006 for driving under the influence as the defensive line coach of the Detroit Lions. In another incident, also during the 2006 pre-season, he was arrested after he drove through a Wendy's drive-thru naked.[4] He was fined $20,000 and suspended for one game by the NFL for "conduct detrimental to the league" and sentenced by a judge to 10 days of community service and to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.[5]

Dude likes his fast food !!!

(01-21-2021, 08:28 PM)surfon Wrote: Personally i am stoked on this hire.  He hasnt had a drink in 14 yrs is what i have heard.  Most people have a few demons in the closet.  His appears pretty well locked up.  I am stoked to see some good agressive defense again hopefully.

Hell, after what our fans have been through over the past 12 years, we're probably all alcoholics at this point in time.

Nothin wrong with fast food with a side of nekkid'
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-22-2021, 04:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: as someone else said before Ravans have had a top defense for years even this season. Let me remind all of you they lost to bills 17 to 3.  the defense only allowed 10 points. one td was  a int  ret by bills defense.

will he make jags defense better? we won't know until he starts his job, and we play  our first game this upcomeing season in sept.  

there  are some things we know for sure at this time.  

our new HC doesn't have a loseing record in nfl. hes 0-0  hopefully he starts off with wnning.

the whole jags staff will have a different look in 2021 season.  

we have 11 picks in this years draft,and from what i understand also the first pick in each round. 

we have highest salry cap to use-hopefuly the GM is a smart user of money.

I wasn't happy about the myer hireing no,but unlike doug i am giveing  myer a chance.  a winner in college,and if he can trasnfer that winning into the nfl it would be awsome.

Dude... shut up lol.

(01-22-2021, 04:59 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

The summary is that the very best is to have strong rushers because then you can play 4-3. If you don't then 3-4 may be for you.

Running either defense without good edge rushers leaves you screwed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-22-2021, 04:59 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

Yup. Good thing the 2015 Broncos ran a 3-4 to hide the deficiencies of Miller and Ware on the edges. If only those two were good enough they could have run a 4-3 instead and been even better.....

(01-21-2021, 05:27 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Again.....a big MEH. Seems dude might be a drunk.

Personal life
Cullen was fired shortly after his hire at the University of Mississippi after being charged with drunk and disorderly conduct after passing out in a local Subway.[3]
Cullen was arrested in 2006 for driving under the influence as the defensive line coach of the Detroit Lions. In another incident, also during the 2006 pre-season, he was arrested after he drove through a Wendy's drive-thru naked.[4] He was fined $20,000 and suspended for one game by the NFL for "conduct detrimental to the league" and sentenced by a judge to 10 days of community service and to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.[5]

And no incidences since then?

He was our Dline coach from 2010 to 2013 when this was way more fresh and it was a non issue and there have been 0 incidents since he got sober. If he was fine for us then hea fine for us now.

I wonder if he still has that "rushmen" term for the dline and the slogan "we stop the run on the way to the qb"
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I don’t think this hire guarantees we run a 3-4. I am fine either way, but Cullen has experience in both systems. Which is great from a flexibility and creativity standpoint.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 09:35 AM by Mikey.)

Personal life

Groundhog Day!

We already ran these stories through the ringer his last stint with the team.

(01-21-2021, 06:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Eh, I used to drink 5th's of rum and smoke doobs every weekend for years.. We all grow up at some point..

Doobs? How old are you, like 65?

vapes, sorry.

I tried going through a drive-thru naked once. Nobody cared. It was very disappointing.

(01-25-2021, 09:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Doobs? How old are you, like 65?

vapes, sorry.

Marijuanas*

(01-25-2021, 10:24 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 09:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: vapes, sorry.

Marijuanas*

Wacky tobaccy

Left-handed cigarettes

Weed?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Saw him in the Publix Parking lot. He was 91% naked.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-25-2021, 10:35 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Saw him in the Publix Parking lot. He was 91% naked.

What was the 9% covered?

(01-25-2021, 10:43 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:35 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Saw him in the Publix Parking lot. He was 91% naked.

What was the 9% covered?

Hopefully a face mask. 

Covid you know...

(01-25-2021, 10:35 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Weed?

Works for all ages.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 03:57 PM by Mikey.)

(01-25-2021, 10:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:24 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Marijuanas*

Wacky tobaccy

Left-handed cigarettes

always heard it as "jazz cigarettes"

(01-25-2021, 10:43 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

What was the 9% covered?

never try and drive barefoot.

3-4 would be a god send finally. We have the linebackers for it if you consider switching Allen to outside LB. Adding a DE would be instrumental tho and I’m not sure of any high end DEs in FA other than Leonard Williams.