Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(01-21-2021, 06:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote: They can transfer the prescription to CVS, who will send you a text conformation when it's ready for pick up.

I meet a guy behind the Popeye's on Moncrief. He sends texts too.

yeah, but he doesn't take credit cards (unless it's stolen, then he'll take the actual card)
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2021, 07:04 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I meet a guy behind the Popeye's on Moncrief. He sends texts too.

yeah, but he doesn't take credit cards (unless it's stolen, then he'll take the actual card)

Hmm.  That’s further than I got with Publix

(01-21-2021, 06:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:15 PM)Jags Wrote: 3 days now trying to get a damn prescription from Publix.  Tell me they’d have it today.  I come in at 200 and wait in the 3 person line for 15 minutes.  they say they’re still working on it.  Give them 20 minutes.  Can I use the 15 I spent waiting on people picking up?  Why the hell does it take so long to pick it up?  I had no other shopping. So I go home and went back at 345.  There’s 4 people in line so I had to wait 20 minutes.  Yay! My turn!  I walk up and the same girl that told me 20 minutes says “ I’m sorry I’m going to help him next” [BLEEP]?!?   I just left.  Been working all week with a torn rib muscle what’s another day.  Maybe the doctor can send it to another pharmacy?? Idk if they can do that or not.

They can transfer the prescription to CVS, who will send you a text conformation when it's ready for pick up.

Here CVS also gives you the option to have them mailed for like $3. You can re-order through the app as well, it's great.

People that tap a frisbee on the side of their leg or the palm of their opposite hand right before throwing it. I’m not sure why that annoys me. I think it’s because I feel they’re taking it waaay too serious or they’re attempting to make it cool. Frisbee should be a casual game of catch and there better be a lit grill, beer and a bunch of friends/family involved. Then upgrade to a football.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 06:26 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-25-2021, 06:08 PM)Jags Wrote: People that tap a frisbee on the side of their leg or the palm of their opposite hand right before throwing it.  I’m not sure why that annoys me.  I think it’s because I feel they’re taking it waaay too serious or they’re attempting to make it cool.   Frisbee should be a casual game of catch and there better be a lit grill, beer and a bunch of friends/family involved.  Then upgrade to a football.

I have a similar annoyance with ground thumpers at the driving range. Before every swing they thump the ground a few times with their club.

Ever play Ultimate frisbee? That gets to be a serious game. Especially when you’ve run your guts out but the game isn’t over until the winner gets two points up after 11. The score is hovering around 20 and you just want it over but not by losing. You make a throw and the receiver drops what would be the winning point. 

“What the hell? You got Burger King hands or something?”

(01-25-2021, 06:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:08 PM)Jags Wrote: People that tap a frisbee on the side of their leg or the palm of their opposite hand right before throwing it.  I’m not sure why that annoys me.  I think it’s because I feel they’re taking it waaay too serious or they’re attempting to make it cool.   Frisbee should be a casual game of catch and there better be a lit grill, beer and a bunch of friends/family involved.  Then upgrade to a football.

I have a similar annoyance with ground thumpers at the driving range. Before every swing they thump the ground a few times with their club.

Ever play Ultimate frisbee? That gets to be a serious game. Especially when you’ve run your guts out but the game isn’t over until the winner gets two points up after 11. The score is hovering around 20 and you just want it over but not by losing. You make a throw and the receiver drops what would be the winning point. 

Too much waggling is extremely annoying as well.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Two taps, 1 waggle. Anything more gets a loud cough at the top of the swing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-25-2021, 06:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I’ve never played ultimate frisbee.  But I can testify that tossing one around with a 6 yr old seems about as much of a cardio workout.  Ultimate frisbee and disc golf both seem like it would be fun to play.  Or at least give a chance.  

I jokingly told my daughter the “pros” tap the frisbee.  Now all she does is smack the the damn thing like she’s scolding a dog for putting her nose up on the table.  I need to break her of that, wait... I’ve got an idea!

(01-25-2021, 06:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Two taps, 1 waggle. Anything more gets a loud cough at the top of the swing.

I prefer to approach the ball to assess.  Then take three steps back like I'm going to kick a field goal and just "let 'er' rip" Happy Gillmore style.  Perhaps that's why I suck at golf so much.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Waggles, taps, balls and clubs?? Golf seems kinky.

(01-25-2021, 06:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Two taps, 1 waggle. Anything more gets a loud cough at the top of the swing.

Pretty much my post urinal ritual..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-25-2021, 07:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Pretty much my post urinal ritual..

If we’re talking urinal, I’d also include sliding my feet back to the original start position.  They say the cleaner is what makes the floor slick.  But let’s not fool ourselves.

Is ground thumping like tapping the plate before batting in baseball? If so, I’m guilty. I’d tap it and have a series of “loosening” one arm swings before each pitch.

(01-25-2021, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Waggles, taps, balls and clubs??  Golf seems kinky.

We were talking about golf?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I waggle my hips and shoulders on occasion after setup. My wife saw me do it once and said in a deadpan voice, "You're kidding".

(01-25-2021, 08:19 PM)Jags Wrote: Is ground thumping like tapping the plate before batting in baseball?  If so, I’m guilty.  I’d tap it and have a series of “loosening” one arm swings before each pitch.

I just point to the left field fence.

(01-25-2021, 10:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I waggle my hips and shoulders on occasion after setup. My wife saw me do it once and said in a deadpan voice, "You're kidding".  She then turned off the light and went to sleep.

(01-26-2021, 12:52 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I waggle my hips and shoulders on occasion after setup. My wife saw me do it once and said in a deadpan voice, "You're kidding".  She then turned off the light and went to sleep.

Not before tucking a dollar of Monopoly money into the elastic band of my tighty whities.

(01-25-2021, 10:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I waggle my hips and shoulders on occasion after setup. My wife saw me do it once and said in a deadpan voice, "You're kidding".

I've got a routine that I try to follow and I find if I stick to it I usually play pretty well.

Of course that is entirely dependant on the beer factor.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-26-2021, 10:04 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I waggle my hips and shoulders on occasion after setup. My wife saw me do it once and said in a deadpan voice, "You're kidding".

I've got a routine that I try to follow and I find if I stick to it I usually play pretty well.

Of course that is entirely dependant on the beer factor.

I try to stay away from alcohol when playing golf. My game goes straight downhill, and it already resides in a valley.