Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars are now on the clock!

(01-03-2021, 08:14 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  

He was never being evaluated as a generational type prospect.  He had a good junior year and Al Davis fell in love with his size and arm strength.  The generational type prospects have been seen that way since High School, like a Luck, Manning, Elway.   Russell was never seen that way, not even close lol

Yes he was, you are just forgetful or too young to remember. They said watching was like watching a video game. Here's the kind of stuff they were saying. Sounds funny now.

"Russell is possibly the most physically talented quarterback prospect since John Elway. He's 6-foot-6, 260 pounds with an arm that makes Brett Favre look like Danny Wuerffel. Russell is also a good runner and his arm strength allows him to hit any open receiver while he is on the move."

Sound familiar? There was quite a bit of that at the time. Doesn't mean history will repeat itself of course but shows the nature of hubris.
"Most physically talented QB prospect"  pretty much what I said.  Not one of the best QB prospects ever like a Elway, Manning, Luck.  They never put him on their level.  It was size and arm strength what they loved not how good of a QB he was.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-03-2021, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 08:14 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Yes he was, you are just forgetful or too young to remember. They said watching was like watching a video game. Here's the kind of stuff they were saying. Sounds funny now.

"Russell is possibly the most physically talented quarterback prospect since John Elway. He's 6-foot-6, 260 pounds with an arm that makes Brett Favre look like Danny Wuerffel. Russell is also a good runner and his arm strength allows him to hit any open receiver while he is on the move."

Sound familiar? There was quite a bit of that at the time. Doesn't mean history will repeat itself of course but shows the nature of hubris.
"Most physically talented QB prospect"  pretty much what I said.  Not one of the best QB prospects ever like a Elway, Manning, Luck.  They never put him on their level.  It was size and arm strength what they loved not how good of a QB he was.

He literally compared him to Elway. I mean literally in the same sentence. Wallbash
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-03-2021, 08:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: "Most physically talented QB prospect"  pretty much what I said.  Not one of the best QB prospects ever like a Elway, Manning, Luck.  They never put him on their level.  It was size and arm strength what they loved not how good of a QB he was.

He literally compared him to Elway. I mean literally in the same sentence. Wallbash

UGHHHH.

(01-03-2021, 08:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: "Most physically talented QB prospect"  pretty much what I said.  Not one of the best QB prospects ever like a Elway, Manning, Luck.  They never put him on their level.  It was size and arm strength what they loved not how good of a QB he was.

He compared their physical abilities, not how good one is.   Theres a difference

(01-02-2021, 09:12 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 08:31 AM)hb1148 Wrote: My main concern with Lawrence is he's a tall skinny kid with pretty average mechanics and there aren't many great NFL QBs you can describe that way. I wonder how he'll hold up against NFL defenses. Also the league seems to be moving towards players who are great at scrambling and improvising. While he can do it in a pinch, I don't see that as really his strong point.

The other thing I notice and I'll be the first to admit I've only seen him in a couple of games this year, is his accuracy seems average at best.

Still more upside than downside but there is some risk there.

I mean the only other Tall Skinny QB to come to mind coming out of college now happens to be the GOAT ?

You have a much too high opinion of Brock Osweiler. Big Grin

(01-02-2021, 11:19 AM)Jag149 Wrote: What I learned from last night's game.
1. Ohio State's O-line and D-line won the battle of the trenches. This swung the game to OSU.
2. Lawrence without protection is human. (if we draft him better have a good line, not an average one)
3. Fields is pretty good given good protection.  Clemson really never got consistent pressure on him like Northwestern did the previous week.
4. Alabama better watch out.

Late to the show, I know, but the one thing I couldn't help thinking during the bowl of sugar - Trevor missing his OC, tons of pressure, getting those 6 yard curls on 3rd and 8....HE'S ALREADY PLAYING LIKE A JAGUAR QB

Fields still needs to break the habit of focusing on one receiver, NFL defenses will eat him alive if he keeps that up.

Trevor Lawrence: 'Obviously the Plan Has Been To Move On' And Declaration Decision Coming Soon
While Lawrence alluded to leaving, saying that had always been the plan, he didn't actually declare just yet.  

"I have some thoughts on it," Lawrence told Negandhi. 

"I've been, honestly the last few days just taking a break, letting my mind rest. We've been going at it since July really, or I've been training since the spring, ever since COVID came around, just been working on my own. But we've been going hard since July without really many breaks so I've just been taking some rest with my friends, my fiancee and with my family now who's in town for the ceremony. 

"So I've really just been resting. I have thought about obviously next steps a lot and there's a lot of things that go into it. And as I've said before, obviously the plan has been to move on and some stuff will be coming out here in the next day or so on my decision and that'll be made public pretty soon. 

"So either way, it's been fun just to reflect on this past year and my three years here and it's been really special. Can't really hardly put into words how much I've enjoyed my time here, it's been awesome."

https://twitter.com/KassidyGHill/status/...3340282882

(01-06-2021, 03:17 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence: 'Obviously the Plan Has Been To Move On' And Declaration Decision Coming Soon
While Lawrence alluded to leaving, saying that had always been the plan, he didn't actually declare just yet.  

"I've been, honestly the last few days just taking a break, letting my mind rest. We've been going at it since July really, or I've been training since the spring, ever since COVID came around, just been working on my own. But we've been going hard since July without really many breaks so I've just been taking some rest with my friends, my fiancee and with my family now who's in town for the ceremony. 

"So I've really just been resting. I have thought about obviously next steps a lot and there's a lot of things that go into it. And as I've said before, obviously the plan has been to move on and some stuff will be coming out here in the next day or so on my decision and that'll be made public pretty soon. 

"So either way, it's been fun just to reflect on this past year and my three years here and it's been really special. Can't really hardly put into words how much I've enjoyed my time here, it's been awesome."

That's as close as you can get to saying you're leaving, without actually saying you're leaving. I have no doubt what so ever, he's going pro.

(01-06-2021, 03:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 03:17 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence: 'Obviously the Plan Has Been To Move On' And Declaration Decision Coming Soon

That's as close as you can get to saying you're leaving, without actually saying you're leaving. I have no doubt what so ever, he's going pro.

He all but said the same thing 3 weeks ago in the Dan Patrick interview, just worded a little different. He isn't going back, and there's no reason why he should.

It'll be the biggest jebait ever, in all of human history if he goes back to Clemson for another year.

(12-27-2020, 05:22 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:21 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Future prediction. ESPN Draft Day crew: "So we are going to go commercial before the No 1 pick though because there appears to be a trade in the works. We will let you know the details after this..."

It sounds silly but #BecauseJaguars it actually wouldn't shock me, lol.

They willl for sure go to commercial even though it is the number 1 pick! Every year when its our time to pick they air the one commercial break for the entire first round never fails.

First pick of the draft no commercial, but every jag pick after that all commercials : )

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 11:05 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/Trevorlawrencee/stat...19649?s=19

Trevor will be a Jag Smile

(01-06-2021, 11:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Trevorlawrencee/stat...19649?s=19

Trevor will be a Jag Smile

If he doesn't declare after that, it will be the biggest wamboozle, in the history of wamboozles, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Trevor Lawrence has officially declared for the 2021 NFL draft.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 12:51 PM by NH3.)

The only things that's left to do is stay healthy and make the pick.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-02-2021, 01:08 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Jags are not  getting trevor ,he will stay in clemson.  even if he declares for nfl he will end up like tebow a flop of a nfl qb. he got crushed when he had no o-line blocking him. Jags should use thier picks,and build up a o-line to protect minshew.  sorry but travor isn't a nfl qb he looked lost getting blitzed,and all.

Seriously,  I doubt it.

What's the matter with you?

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 07:48 PM by Jags.)

(01-28-2021, 07:40 PM)Aussie Jag Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:08 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Jags are not  getting trevor ,he will stay in clemson.  even if he declares for nfl he will end up like tebow a flop of a nfl qb. he got crushed when he had no o-line blocking him. Jags should use thier picks,and build up a o-line to protect minshew.  sorry but travor isn't a nfl qb he looked lost getting blitzed,and all.

Seriously,  I doubt it.

You’ve never seen one of his “hype videos” have you?   Go back and take a look.  The answers you seek lie within.

(01-28-2021, 07:40 PM)Aussie Jag Wrote:

Seriously,  I doubt it.

Happy belated Australia Day, newcomer!

Snowy is our resident conspiracy theorist, as long as he keeps up with the tinfoil hat what ifs, I'm gonna hold on to my ALCOA stock.

(01-06-2021, 09:57 AM)Jag88 Wrote: First pick of the draft no commercial, but every jag pick after that all commercials  : )

Don't underestimate ESPN.  And don't be surprised when they announce that they will air all their commercials at the BEGINNING of each round  in order to reduce commercials the rest of the time.

(01-29-2021, 11:46 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 09:57 AM)Jag88 Wrote: First pick of the draft no commercial, but every jag pick after that all commercials  : )

Don't underestimate ESPN.  And don't be surprised when they announce that they will air all their commercials at the BEGINNING of each round  in order to reduce commercials the rest of the time.

For the benefit of all involved
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.