Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(02-04-2021, 02:52 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 01:20 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: It took awhile, but I believe the Jaguars are currently free and clear of Telvin Smith.  Even if he were re-instated in the NFL, he would be a free agent.
Could be wrong, but I heard a radio guy say he was originally put on a reserve/retired list, and the Jags would own his rights if he were to return.

This is correct, his contract picks up where it left off if he comes back.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2021, 02:45 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Please. Look who our coach is, he’d have Telvin in a heart beat if he thought he could help us win.

I’d wager we still have his rights.

"Please point on the doll where mean ole Mr. Meyer touched you"

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-04-2021, 02:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 02:45 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Please. Look who our coach is, he’d have Telvin in a heart beat if he thought he could help us win.

I’d wager we still have his rights.

"Please point on the doll where mean ole Mr. Meyer touched you"

I’m not criticising him at all. He’s win no matter what, which I’m all for. But his Florida and Ohio teams weren’t exactly known for their good work in the community was they ?

(02-04-2021, 03:05 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 02:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: "Please point on the doll where mean ole Mr. Meyer touched you"

I’m not criticising him at all. He’s win no matter what, which I’m all for. But his Florida and Ohio teams weren’t exactly known for their good work in the community was they ?

So what?

Honestly, we just spent 25 years preaching that these NFL players and coaches MUST be chior boys.. Look where that mind set has gotten this team.. Wanna preach "community"? Lead by example and go pick up trash on the side of the road or go feed the homeless.. That's not this team's responsibility.. Would be nice if they can do both, but not required..

(02-04-2021, 03:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Honestly, we just spent 25 years preaching that these NFL players and coaches MUST be chior boys.. Look where that mind set has gotten this team.. Wanna preach "community"?  Lead by example and go pick up trash on the side of the road or go feed the homeless.. That's not this team's responsibility.. Would be nice if they can do both, but not required..

You’re literally missing the point of what I was replying to and what I was saying initially. This is exactly what I was saying when people was saying ‘we won’t have him back’.

Maybe read before you start an argument with yourself.

(02-04-2021, 03:34 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 03:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Honestly, we just spent 25 years preaching that these NFL players and coaches MUST be chior boys.. Look where that mind set has gotten this team.. Wanna preach "community"?  Lead by example and go pick up trash on the side of the road or go feed the homeless.. That's not this team's responsibility.. Would be nice if they can do both, but not required..

You’re literally missing the point of what I was replying to and what I was saying initially. This is exactly what I was saying when people was saying ‘we won’t have him back’.

Maybe read before you start an argument with yourself.

Again, please point out on the doll where Mr. Meyer touched you..

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 01:50 PM by TheDuke007.)

Wouldn't it be a good thing if he is re-instated?  I'm guessing some team would be willing to trade a some type of pick for him. Does anyone know what his salary would be?

I think we still have the rights to Justin Blackmon as well. Oh yeh, we could also bring back that Offensive Weapon (OW) dude that drove his car into the retention pond at 3am after a night of binging.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 02:44 PM by ATLjag.)

(02-05-2021, 01:45 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Wouldn't it be a good thing if he is re-instated?  I'm guessing some team would be willing to trade a some type of pick for him.  Does anyone know what his salary would be?

Telvin signed a 4 year $45m deal in 2017.  He was scheduled to make $9.75m the season he walked away.  I would assume that would be his contractual amount for salary the first year upon his return.

On a side note, the Jags took a $5.6m dead cap hit this past season for Telvin, and are not impacted financially this next season with Telvin's prior retirement decision.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 02:46 PM by JaguarWC.)

when did you become a fan???  That started with the Gene Smith regime, which wasn't no 25 years ago.  I remember with the Alualu pick they were saying he was a "family man", etc.  I was like, yeah, but can he play football.  We sure as hell didn't live by that "choir boy" thing in the 90's and 00's.  I mean, we were more successful then as well, so I am sure you knew that.

(02-05-2021, 01:45 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Wouldn't it be a good thing if he is re-instated?  I'm guessing some team would be willing to trade a some type of pick for him.  Does anyone know what his salary would be?

Yes, it would be a good thing.

(02-05-2021, 02:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I think we still have the rights to Justin Blackmon as well.  Oh yeh, we could also bring back that Offensive Weapon (OW) dude that drove his car into the retention pond at 3am after a night of binging.

We don't hold his rights as a player since he was released, but Shoelace was on the coaching staff last year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You know, I don’t know all the facts. But I’m going to voice my opinion with a caveat. We should move on from Telvin because of the legal issues, his time off, and he quit on the team. Now maybe there’s a good reason he left the game, who knows—but the time he took off combined with him already being a slight framed guy, it’s best we just say goodbye

Can't play in a 34.

Yeah I was a big fan of Telvin before the legal issues, but I don’t think you bring back a guy with this much legal trouble who has not been training for 2 years.

He got super skinny and lost a lot of weight from a video that was out a ways back. I wonder what kind of shape hes in now. He was a good player

(02-03-2021, 09:55 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: It's time. Hard time, with no chance of parole.

A start on “ten years down”????

Legal issues aside, dude is a major head case. Don't even consider it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 11:51 PM by nate.)

(02-05-2021, 07:59 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Legal issues aside, dude is a major head case. Don't even consider it.

FYI his charges are still pending.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 02:03 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Guys I don’t think we have to worry about this.

He will be remembered with Blackmon, Matt Jones, and RJ Soward.

I honestly believe he could have retired as the Jags all time leader in tackles if he played a full career.

I think he’s the #1 in defensive TDs