Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impeached and Acquitted Again

(02-09-2021, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 05:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "insurrection" that you democrats like to call it was planned well before President Trump's speech that day.

President Trump said that they should "peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard".  Those words hardly "incite a violent attack".

President Trump gave the order to deploy the National Guard.

You and other leftist democrats like you have an alternate reality of what took place.

When, and to whom?
Show your work.

When what and to whom what?  President Trump authorizing the National Guard to deploy?  I figured that a leftist democrat like you would know how to use a search engine.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 05:56 PM by mikesez.)

(02-09-2021, 05:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: When, and to whom?
Show your work.

When what and to whom what?  President Trump authorizing the National Guard to deploy?  I figured that a leftist democrat like you would know how to use a search engine.

Yes. You already think I'm an idiot, so explain to me as if I'm 5 years old when Trump deployed the national guard and which person he spoke/texted/transmitted the message to.
Then we can compare that to the timeline of what we all saw on TV, and judge if there was any delay.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-09-2021, 05:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a Democrat and it was an insurrection. That is a fact. 

You believe everything your "big, red, god" tells you, so of course you believe he did no wrong. According to many people, he should be nominated for sainthood. I know someone who thought that way and now he has a different opinion.

According the the MSM as well as social media, attacks on federal buildings were "mostly peaceful protests" all through 2020.  What makes this mostly peaceful protest any different?

For the record I have no "big red god".  Also for the record I have stated many times that I did not select President Trump during the primaries and my vote for him in the general election of 2015 was a "not Hillary" vote.  For the most part I do think that he "did do no wrong" when it came to putting our country first.  I happen to think that he did a fine job when it came to policy decisions as President.  I often did wish that he would shut his mouth and get off of twitter, but personality traits aren't high on my list of priorities when it comes to a President.

In contrast in just a few short weeks President Biden with the stroke of a pen killed thousands of jobs , opened up our borders and his policy decisions not only strengthened countries that do not like us, but also put's a "stealth tax" in place that will hurt millions of Americans.

You claim to be a "moderate" yet attack me with the "your big red god" comment that is no better than any of the other verbal attacks by the far left towards anyone on the right.  The "nominated for sainthood" remark is just icing on the liberal cake.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-09-2021, 05:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 05:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: When what and to whom what?  President Trump authorizing the National Guard to deploy?  I figured that a leftist democrat like you would know how to use a search engine.

Yes. You already think I'm an idiot, so explain to me as if I'm 5 years old when Trump deployed the national guard and which person he spoke/texted/transmitted the message to.
Then we can compare that to the timeline of what we all saw on TV, and judge if there was any delay.

It doesn't really matter what I think of you, your posts do enough for people to form an opinion.

Under The Constitution the President can authorize the activation of the National Guard.  Not the Vice-President, not a member of Congress, etc.  When the National Guard was activated the order can only come from The President.  Understand yet?

Also it is a FACT that the President did come out and say that everyone should remain peaceful while the peaceful protest was going on.

(02-09-2021, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 05:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a Democrat and it was an insurrection. That is a fact. 

You believe everything your "big, red, god" tells you, so of course you believe he did no wrong. According to many people, he should be nominated for sainthood. I know someone who thought that way and now he has a different opinion.

According the the MSM as well as social media, attacks on federal buildings were "mostly peaceful protests" all through 2020.  What makes this mostly peaceful protest any different?

For the record I have no "big red god".  Also for the record I have stated many times that I did not select President Trump during the primaries and my vote for him in the general election of 2015 was a "not Hillary" vote.  For the most part I do think that he "did do no wrong" when it came to putting our country first.  I happen to think that he did a fine job when it came to policy decisions as President.  I often did wish that he would shut his mouth and get off of twitter, but personality traits aren't high on my list of priorities when it comes to a President.

In contrast in just a few short weeks President Biden with the stroke of a pen killed thousands of jobs , opened up our borders and his policy decisions not only strengthened countries that do not like us, but also put's a "stealth tax" in place that will hurt millions of Americans.

You claim to be a "moderate" yet attack me with the "your big red god" comment that is no better than any of the other verbal attacks by the far left towards anyone on the right.  The "nominated for sainthood" remark is just icing on the liberal cake.

After George Floyd died, I personally observed about five protests in downtown Orlando. In all those protests, I saw a verbal confrontation between two women, but no blows were exchanged. There were no reports of any businesses being damaged. I heard from friends in other cities in Florida that they also had multiple protests similar to what I saw. Some people got arrested for refusing to leave after police told them to leave, but no one got hurt.
On the other hand, in Minneapolis and in Seattle and in Portland, we know that a few of the protests got violent and some people got hurt, and more people got arrested and charged with serious crimes. 
So some of the protests were not peaceful at all.
But most of them were peaceful.
Over the whole US, the George Floyd protests were mostly peaceful.
Government activities were disrupted briefly in Seattle, only the local government, and only 6 city blocks.

Meanwhile, this mob you're so eager to minimize threatened to change the government of all 50 states forever, against the will of the voters.

(02-09-2021, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

So it's mostly peaceful even though lives were lost, a cop got his head bashed with a fire extinguisher and later died, windows were broken, items were looted from the building? This is on par with the violent BLM riots we had all of last year with the slight difference being that the capitol rioters wanted to change the outcome of an election that had already happened. They believed they could, because Trump made them believe Pence had the power to do it. If that isn't the definition of a violent insurrection, then there is no such thing. 

I attack, because you refuse to have Trump accept blame for anything negative that happens. It's maddening! Both sides are at fault. BOTH SIDES. That means the right has to accept 50% of the blame and they constantly throw 100% of the blame at the left on this board. This board is overwhelming right leaning. Way right and there's nothing wrong with that, but the visceral hate some of you guys spit out at the other side is not helping things at all. If you are criticized in any way at all, some of you start calling everyone left wing liberals. People can have opinions that vary on a variety of issues. It doesn't have to be all conservative on every issue or all liberal on every issue. You can form different opinions on different things. That's still allowed in this country.

(02-09-2021, 06:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: According the the MSM as well as social media, attacks on federal buildings were "mostly peaceful protests" all through 2020.  What makes this mostly peaceful protest any different?

After George Floyd died, I personally observed about five protests in downtown Orlando. In all those protests, I saw a verbal confrontation between two women, but no blows were exchanged. There were no reports of any businesses being damaged. I heard from friends in other cities in Florida that they also had multiple protests similar to what I saw. Some people got arrested for refusing to leave after police told them to leave, but no one got hurt.
On the other hand, in Minneapolis and in Seattle and in Portland, we know that a few of the protests got violent and some people got hurt, and more people got arrested and charged with serious crimes. 
So some of the protests were not peaceful at all.
But most of them were peaceful.
Over the whole US, the George Floyd protests were mostly peaceful.
Government activities were disrupted briefly in Seattle, only the local government, and only 6 city blocks.

Meanwhile, this mob you're so eager to minimize threatened to change the government of all 50 states forever, against the will of the voters.

So the "mostly peaceful" protest insurrection in Portland where the "mostly peaceful" protesters insurrectionists barricaded a Federal Courthouse with officers inside while chanting "black lives matter" then attempted to set fire to it was "mostly peaceful".

Meanwhile the crowd in front of The Capitol carrying signs and flags were a "mob" even though it was a very few that actually entered The Capitol illegally.  Does your google show where doors were barricaded and fires were set at the Capitol?

(02-09-2021, 06:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: According the the MSM as well as social media, attacks on federal buildings were "mostly peaceful protests" all through 2020.  What makes this mostly peaceful protest any different?

So it's mostly peaceful even though lives were lost, a cop got his head bashed with a fire extinguisher and later died, windows were broken, items were looted from the building? This is on par with the violent BLM riots we had all of last year with the slight difference being that the capitol rioters wanted to change the outcome of an election that had already happened. They believed they could, because Trump made them believe Pence had the power to do it. If that isn't the definition of a violent insurrection, then there is no such thing. 

I attack, because you refuse to have Trump accept blame for anything negative that happens. It's maddening! Both sides are at fault. BOTH SIDES. That means the right has to accept 50% of the blame and they constantly throw 100% of the blame at the left on this board. This board is overwhelming right leaning. Way right and there's nothing wrong with that, but the visceral hate some of you guys spit out at the other side is not helping things at all. If you are criticized in any way at all, some of you start calling everyone left wing liberals. People can have opinions that vary on a variety of issues. It doesn't have to be all conservative on every issue or all liberal on every issue. You can form different opinions on different things. That's still allowed in this country.

Regarding the bold, do you mean comments such as this?

Quote:You believe everything your "big, red, god" tells you, so of course you believe he did no wrong. According to many people, he should be nominated for sainthood.

That's pretty much a comment that would come from someone with a far left liberal point-of-view.  So the very thing that you are whining about is the very same thing that you are doing.

(02-09-2021, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 06:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: So it's mostly peaceful even though lives were lost, a cop got his head bashed with a fire extinguisher and later died, windows were broken, items were looted from the building? This is on par with the violent BLM riots we had all of last year with the slight difference being that the capitol rioters wanted to change the outcome of an election that had already happened. They believed they could, because Trump made them believe Pence had the power to do it. If that isn't the definition of a violent insurrection, then there is no such thing. 

Regarding the bold, do you mean comments such as this?

Quote:You believe everything your "big, red, god" tells you, so of course you believe he did no wrong. According to many people, he should be nominated for sainthood.

That's pretty much a comment that would come from someone with a far left liberal point-of-view.  So the very thing that you are whining about is the very same thing that you are doing.

LOL! If you think that was a hateful comment, you need to develop some thicker skin. That was mild compared to the outright name calling I've seen on this board. 

You're so off base it's ridiculous. Would a far left person constantly show his support of the 2nd amendment, advocate for the death penalty and that people are born either male or female and that cannot be changed by surgery? Or would a liberal be opposed to open borders and want to immediately deport illegals? I don't think so. I just don't conform to one set of rules where I follow party lines on every single issue though. I'm a free thinker. I develop my beliefs by looking at the world around me and forming my own opinions without being influenced by who ever is in power. I realize they are all con men anyway.

(02-09-2021, 06:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 05:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes. You already think I'm an idiot, so explain to me as if I'm 5 years old when Trump deployed the national guard and which person he spoke/texted/transmitted the message to.

It doesn't really matter what I think of you, your posts do enough for people to form an opinion.

Under The Constitution the President can authorize the activation of the National Guard.  Not the Vice-President, not a member of Congress, etc.  When the National Guard was activated the order can only come from The President.  Understand yet?

Also it is a FACT that the President did come out and say that everyone should remain peaceful while the peaceful protest was going on.

Yes the constitution does say that.
Was the Constitution followed exactly?
What about the question of timeliness? The whole thing went on longer than it should have, and the bad guys got farther than they should have before reinforcements arrived, wouldn't you agree?

(02-09-2021, 07:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Regarding the bold, do you mean comments such as this?

LOL! If you think that was a hateful comment, you need to develop some thicker skin. That was mild compared to the outright name calling I've seen on this board. 

You're so off base it's ridiculous. Would a far left person constantly show his support of the 2nd amendment, advocate for the death penalty and that people are born either male or female and that cannot be changed by surgery? Or would a liberal be opposed to open borders and want to immediately deport illegals? I don't think so. I just don't conform to one set of rules where I follow party lines on every single issue though. I'm a free thinker. I develop my beliefs by looking at the world around me and forming my own opinions without being influenced by who ever is in power. I realize they are all con men anyway.

LOL.  "Hateful"?  Only the far left would view something with such emotion.  I happen to have pretty thick skin, more so than many.  What I highlighted and commented about wasn't about the "hateful' comment that you made towards me, rather the "other side".  I assume that since you think that President Trump is "my big red god" you must be on the "other side".

I really don't care one way or the other, but if you are going to claim to be "moderate" how about some dialogue that isn't so divisive?  So far your hate of the former President is right on par with those on the far left.

Where is the same "visceral hate" towards President Biden regarding open borders, wanting to halt deportations, "equality" in sports (males who identify as females participating in female athletics)?

I may have missed it somewhere, but I don't recall seeing any opinion posted by you of our current President or the EO's that he has signed since taking office.

(02-09-2021, 07:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 06:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It doesn't really matter what I think of you, your posts do enough for people to form an opinion.

Yes the constitution does say that.
What about the question of timeliness? The whole thing went on longer than it should have, and the bad guys got farther than they should have before reinforcements arrived, wouldn't you agree?

Nope.

The bottom line is that there was no evidence to support your party's desire for a second impeachment to begin with.  There is also no way that the un-constitutional proceeding taking place right now goes anywhere or does anything of value for our country.  It's all nothing more than political showmanship much like spending wasting our tax payer dollars on having National Guard troops in Washington DC right now.

Your party (the democrat party) is turning our country into a banana republic.

(02-09-2021, 07:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 07:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: LOL! If you think that was a hateful comment, you need to develop some thicker skin. That was mild compared to the outright name calling I've seen on this board. 

LOL.  "Hateful"?  Only the far left would view something with such emotion.  I happen to have pretty thick skin, more so than many.  What I highlighted and commented about wasn't about the "hateful' comment that you made towards me, rather the "other side".  I assume that since you think that President Trump is "my big red god" you must be on the "other side".

I really don't care one way or the other, but if you are going to claim to be "moderate" how about some dialogue that isn't so divisive?  So far your hate of the former President is right on par with those on the far left.

Where is the same "visceral hate" towards President Biden regarding open borders, wanting to halt deportations, "equality" in sports (males who identify as females participating in female athletics)?

I may have missed it somewhere, but I don't recall seeing any opinion posted by you of our current President or the EO's that he has signed since taking office.

I certainly don't like a lot of things Biden has done since taking office, especially letting transgenders into the military and opening the borders. I just don't feel the need to constantly complain about things I cannot change. I hate most of Biden's policies, but at least he's acting like a professional and not riling up every inbred hick in the country. That's a nice change.

(02-09-2021, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 07:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  "Hateful"?  Only the far left would view something with such emotion.  I happen to have pretty thick skin, more so than many.  What I highlighted and commented about wasn't about the "hateful' comment that you made towards me, rather the "other side".  I assume that since you think that President Trump is "my big red god" you must be on the "other side".

I certainly don't like a lot of things Biden has done since taking office, especially letting transgenders into the military and opening the borders. I just don't feel the need to constantly complain about things I cannot change. I hate most of Biden's policies, but at least he's acting like a professional and not riling up every inbred hick in the country. That's a nice change.

Didn’t you say you voted for him? And if so, WHY??? Or am I confusing you with someone else.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 09:46 PM by mikesez.)

(02-09-2021, 08:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 07:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes the constitution does say that.

Nope.

The bottom line is that there was no evidence to support your party's desire for a second impeachment to begin with.  There is also no way that the un-constitutional proceeding taking place right now goes anywhere or does anything of value for our country.  It's all nothing more than political showmanship much like spending wasting our tax payer dollars on having National Guard troops in Washington DC right now.

So you think everything was copacetic on January 6 - (a) the national guard had an appropriate stance and (b) acted in a timely fashion on ( c) timely orders from the President.

A - this is a matter of opinion, a reasonable person would say no.
B - no, it seems to have been over an hour between the breach and the deployment, but more facts will come out about the timeline,
C - no one has seen or claimed to have heard these orders! Where is your evidence? Do you assume the constitution was followed? Do you similarly assume that Joe Biden's cabinet is following the constitution?

(02-09-2021, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I certainly don't like a lot of things Biden has done since taking office, especially letting transgenders into the military and opening the borders. I just don't feel the need to constantly complain about things I cannot change. I hate most of Biden's policies, but at least he's acting like a professional and not riling up every inbred hick in the country. That's a nice change.

Didn’t you say you voted for him? And if so, WHY??? Or am I confusing you with someone else.

O-line voted libertarian.
I voted Biden.

(02-09-2021, 09:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Nope.

So you think everything was copacetic on January 6 - (a) the national guard had an appropriate stance and (b) acted in a timely fashion on © timely orders from the President.

A - this is a matter of opinion, a reasonable person would say no.
B - no, it seems to have been over an hour between the breach and the deployment, but more facts will come out about the timeline,
C - no one has seen or claimed to have heard these orders! Where is your evidence? Do you assume the constitution was followed? Do you similarly assume that Joe Biden's cabinet is following the constitution?

(02-09-2021, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote: Didn’t you say you voted for him? And if so, WHY??? Or am I confusing you with someone else.

O-line voted libertarian.
I voted Biden.

Ah.  Ok.  That makes sense.  For some reason I thought he said he did as well. Carry on.

(02-09-2021, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I certainly don't like a lot of things Biden has done since taking office, especially letting transgenders into the military and opening the borders. I just don't feel the need to constantly complain about things I cannot change. I hate most of Biden's policies, but at least he's acting like a professional and not riling up every inbred hick in the country. That's a nice change.

NO! You are confusing me with someone else. I voted Libertarian Party for Jo Jorgensen. I'd never vote for Biden or Trump.

(02-09-2021, 09:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote: Didn’t you say you voted for him? And if so, WHY??? Or am I confusing you with someone else.

NO! You are confusing me with someone else. I voted Libertarian Party for Jo Jorgensen. I'd never vote for Biden or Trump.

Lol.  Honest mistake on my part.  My bad.

(02-09-2021, 09:40 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 09:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: NO! You are confusing me with someone else. I voted Libertarian Party for Jo Jorgensen. I'd never vote for Biden or Trump.

Lol.  Honest mistake on my part.  My bad.

LOL. No harm.

What a giant waste of time and resources. They dont have even close to the votes to make this happen. Even liberal justice Roberts wouldn't touch this.