Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impeached and Acquitted Again

They don't care about tax dollars, bro. It's basically all just printed paper at this point. It's all about the optics.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-10-2021, 10:41 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They don't care about tax dollars, bro. It's basically all just printed paper at this point. It's all about the optics.

Even the optics are horrible. They should be focusing on BIPARTISAN stimulus relief.

The only Congress in history to twice fail to convict an impeached President, the only Congress to even attempt to convict a former President. It's like the Democrats want to revel in their ineffectiveness for the world to see.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This whole thing is a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. How anyone with half a brain can say this is constitutional is beyond me. 

I loathed Trump's rantings and ravings but he exposed the truth about the government and the media and, at the very end, big tech in ways we have never seen before. His disposition certainly exposed the progressive left's hate and discontent for all things they don't agree with. I knew they could be self absorbed and whiny, I was truly surprised at how vicious they are when their little safety bubble is disrupted and they have to exist outside of their fantasyland. Life isn't a safe space you jacktards. 

The Republicans who voted in favor of this sham have sold their souls to the lowest bidder and will reap what they sow when the Democrats come after them at some point, or they're voted out of office. I do believe Trump was right when he said, "they're not after me, they're after you. I'm just in their way." Or however he said it. They're coming after anyone who is not for them, whether it's from DC or the education system, the media or big tech.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 11:41 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Not sure about the optics but the audio of Trump's attorney is terrible.  The dude is like My Cousin Vinny during his 1st court session.  He actually stated that they don't need to impeach Trump because they can just arrest him (for what he did).  That said, he only really had a couple of days to prepare which is unprecedented for a hearing of this magnitude.

The only way this actually works is if enough GOP senators are ready to commit political suicide to impeach a private citizen who isn't president.

(02-10-2021, 11:19 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This whole thing is a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. How anyone with half a brain can say this is constitutional is beyond me. 

I loathed Trump's rantings and ravings but he exposed the truth about the government and the media and, at the very end, big tech in ways we have never seen before. His disposition certainly exposed the progressive left's hate and discontent for all things they don't agree with. I knew they could be self absorbed and whiny, I was truly surprised at how vicious they are when their little safety bubble is disrupted and they have to exist outside of their fantasyland. Life isn't a safe space you jacktards. 

The Republicans who voted in favor of this sham have sold their souls to the lowest bidder and will reap what they sow when the Democrats come after them at some point, or they're voted out of office. I do believe Trump was right when he said, "they're not after me, they're after you. I'm just in their way." Or however he said it. They're coming after anyone who is not for them, whether it's from DC or the education system, the media or big tech.

Because it is patently constitutional?  The mother [BLEEP] incited a riot.

Your dislike of the left has entirely blinded you to reality.  My condolences.

I'm tired about hearing about Taxpayer Dollars. Don't people realize that this limited number of Senators and House reps are actually salary employees so we're probably only paying for their travel expenses which is next to nothing when we're just giving out free $$ in stimulus packages to people that didn't have freaking jobs in the 1st place. We wasted more taxpayer dollars sending adding necessary protection to in DC and around state capitols over the past month as a direct result of the Jan 6 rioters

(02-10-2021, 12:17 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 11:19 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This whole thing is a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. How anyone with half a brain can say this is constitutional is beyond me. 

Because it is patently constitutional?  The mother [BLEEP] incited a riot.

Your dislike of the left has entirely blinded you to reality.  My condolences.

And your dislike of Trump has you believing in something that isn't there..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Why do they have to televise this pointless trial on EVERY FRIGGIN CHANNEL? I have no interest in this, I'm snowed in and there is nothing to do!

(02-10-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why do they have to televise this pointless trial on EVERY FRIGGIN CHANNEL? I have no interest in this, I'm snowed in and there is nothing to do!

What a shame. I’m debating whether to take my motorcycle out for a ride or go to the golf range this afternoon. Ha! 

Tongue

So about the, you know, the insurrection thing that was supposedly all Trumps fault? 

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3176408
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-10-2021, 02:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So about the, you know, the insurrection thing that was supposedly all Trumps fault? 

I just heard testimony that Trump spent 50 MILLION dollars on ads baselessly calling the election fraudulent between December 1st and January 6th.  Wow. 

His hands are dirty as [BLEEP]. 

His propensity to simply lie to a base that would rather adopt "alternative facts" than accept that he was lying through his teeth has finally caught up to him, and he'll be rightfully impeached for it.

(02-10-2021, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So about the, you know, the insurrection thing that was supposedly all Trumps fault? 

I just heard testimony that Trump spent 50 MILLION dollars on ads baselessly calling the election fraudulent between December 1st and January 6th.  Wow. 

His propensity to simply lie to a base that would rather adopt "alternative facts" than accept that he was lying through his teeth has finally caught up to him, and he'll be rightfully impeached for it.

Now campaign finance reform is a thing? Where were you when Mini Mike Bloomberg spent 100M in FL alone?

(02-10-2021, 02:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I just heard testimony that Trump spent 50 MILLION dollars on ads baselessly calling the election fraudulent between December 1st and January 6th.  Wow. 

Now campaign finance reform is a thing? Where were you when Mini Mike Bloomberg spent 100M in FL alone?

I must have missed the part when Bloomberg spent that money to lie about election fraud and promote a rally which fomented a mob to march on the capitol while lawmakers were certifying the election that voted him out of office. 

Topic, bruh.  
Find it. 
Focus.

(02-10-2021, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I just heard testimony that Trump spent 50 MILLION dollars on ads baselessly calling the election fraudulent between December 1st and January 6th.  Wow. 

But he didn't lie!  Banana
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 03:06 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-10-2021, 03:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Now campaign finance reform is a thing? Where were you when Mini Mike Bloomberg spent 100M in FL alone?

I must have missed the part when Bloomberg spent that money to lie about election fraud and promote a rally which fomented a mob to march on the capitol while lawmakers were certifying the election that voted him out of office. 

Topic, bruh.  
Find it. 
Focus.

You do understand that every campaign advertisement is a lie, no?

New York has really destroyed your sanity.

Who in here had NYC4Jags defending political ads as truth? There is a prize headed your way!!

That would only have been relevant if Bloomberg actually had a chance of winning the Democratic party's nomination.  If he had won the nomination, that creates urgency about making sure nominations and wins aren't just up for the highest bidder.  But he didn't win.  He didn't come close.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-10-2021, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why do they have to televise this pointless trial on EVERY FRIGGIN CHANNEL? I have no interest in this, I'm snowed in and there is nothing to do!

What a shame. I’m debating whether to take my motorcycle out for a ride or go to the golf range this afternoon. Ha! 

Tongue

[Image: yeah-yeah-yeah-rub-it-in-why-dont-you.jpg]

(02-10-2021, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Then it wasn’t his speech on the 6th the caused everyone to storm the capitol building? His commercials running for a month ahead of time whipped every one into a frenzy? Why wasn’t there more security in Washington that day if anyone really believed any of the [BLEEP] they’re now trying to push? 

It was his speech, no, the commercials. No, it’s because he lies so impeach him!!!
Keep moving those goal posts around ...eventually you might land on something that sticks.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???