Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Frozen Wind Turbines in Texas Expose Major Flaw in Renewable Energy

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 11:32 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-19-2021, 10:43 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:08 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Liberals are still triggered because a Senator took a vacation with his family.

A vacation that was “planned” during a combination natural and man made disaster in his home state. What part of this is so hard for Trumpservatives to understand? If Georgia had the same situation occur and Warnock, Ossoff, my elected Representative or any other government official flew to Cancun on a “family vacation” planned during the crisis, I’d be furious. I’d also be deciding shortly afterwards who I was voting to replace them with. Yet somehow it’s perfectly fine for a sitting Senator to fly to a sunny and warm vacation spot because his wife is cold and asked a bunch of friends if they wanted to go down there to escape it.

You guys make me laugh more and more these days. Got any more good conspiracy theories? No? How about one to explain why the White House is calling businesses, why a failed candidate is helping residents, why the governor is on TV yapping about frozen windmills instead of getting [BLEEP] done, and why one of the state’s Senators decided to “be a good dad” by joining his family on vacation in Cancun because his wife was cold?

This is why I loathe Liberals and Conservatives. They are constantly making up excuses for the people in their party, no matter how bad they are. Cruz didn't "plan" a vacation until the blizzard hit. That just shows what a pure "slimeball" the guy was, is and always will be.

(02-19-2021, 10:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:05 AM)TJBender Wrote: So if it’s just an optics thing, why are you crying about the President, who has 49 other states to run, not visiting Texas? Better question, why are businesses hearing from the White House, but not from the governor? I mean, we know why they’re not hearing from Ted Cruz...

By the way, did you see the bit about how Beto has thrown together a grassroots relief effort to get people food, water and rides to shelters if needed? A guy who’s not a Senator doing more for his state than the piece of work that is one, who flew to Cancun because his wife was chilly and bored.

Are you referring to the pot head who rides a skateboard named Francis who operates under the name of Beto to raise 80 million in campaign funds only to still get smoked in the election?

Is he giving them rides on his skateboard?

(02-19-2021, 10:43 AM)TJBender Wrote: A vacation that was “planned” during a combination natural and man made disaster in his home state. What part of this is so hard for Trumpservatives to understand? If Georgia had the same situation occur and Warnock, Ossoff, my elected Representative or any other government official flew to Cancun on a “family vacation” planned during the crisis, I’d be furious. I’d also be deciding shortly afterwards who I was voting to replace them with. Yet somehow it’s perfectly fine for a sitting Senator to fly to a sunny and warm vacation spot because his wife is cold and asked a bunch of friends if they wanted to go down there to escape it.

You guys make me laugh more and more these days. Got any more good conspiracy theories? No? How about one to explain why the White House is calling businesses, why a failed candidate is helping residents, why the governor is on TV yapping about frozen windmills instead of getting [BLEEP] done, and why one of the state’s Senators decided to “be a good dad” by joining his family on vacation in Cancun because his wife was cold?

Here are the facts.

JIB said you are triggered because a senator took a vacation with his family.

Fact check: TRUE

Another non-answer from the far right. Just more name calling and nonsense, because they cannot find a valid reason to justify Cruz's actions. Typical and cliche.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder if Beto still writes about killing kids?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

LOL.  Triggered.

Sure what Ted Cruz did was not very smart politically, but it's not illegal or unethical.  If I was in that situation (cold, no power, etc.) and had the means to take my family and I somewhere else I wouldn't think twice about it.  Any sane person would do the same thing.  By the way, they do have phone and internet service in Cancun so he still had the means to do his job.

The democrat controlled media are doing their best to turn this nothing-burger into something.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-19-2021, 01:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Sure what Ted Cruz did was not very smart politically, but it's not illegal or unethical.  If I was in that situation (cold, no power, etc.) and had the means to take my family and I somewhere else I wouldn't think twice about it.  Any sane person would do the same thing.  By the way, they do have phone and internet service in Cancun so he still had the means to do his job.

[Image: InstructiveDimpledApe-small.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 04:39 PM by NewJagsCity.)

I'm a moderate Republican, but the optics are bad here. Is it as bad as Pelosi maskless in a salon or Newsome at a restaurant with lobbyists with no social distancing? Probably not. And certainly nothing compares to the shite that Grammy award winner Cuomo with his astounding level of hubris stepped in with his his murderous nursing home actions. And of course Cruz isn't telling people to shelter and not travel while at the same time disregarding his own counsel. But this feels somewhat tone deaf. He should have stayed put for a couple more days and avoided this.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-19-2021, 02:50 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Sure what Ted Cruz did was not very smart politically, but it's not illegal or unethical.  If I was in that situation (cold, no power, etc.) and had the means to take my family and I somewhere else I wouldn't think twice about it.  Any sane person would do the same thing.  By the way, they do have phone and internet service in Cancun so he still had the means to do his job.

[Image: InstructiveDimpledApe-small.gif]

This is why civics class is necessary. To stop people like him from thinking he knows best.

(02-19-2021, 03:32 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 02:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: [Image: InstructiveDimpledApe-small.gif]

This is why civics class is necessary. To stop people like him from thinking he knows best.

Yes it's always the people who disagree with you who need the extra education.
Never you, and never people who agree with you.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 04:48 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-19-2021, 01:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  Triggered.

Sure what Ted Cruz did was not very smart politically, but it's not illegal or unethical.  If I was in that situation (cold, no power, etc.) and had the means to take my family and I somewhere else I wouldn't think twice about it.  Any sane person would do the same thing.  By the way, they do have phone and internet service in Cancun so he still had the means to do his job.

The democrat controlled media are doing their best to turn this nothing-burger into something.

It was definitely unethical, tone deaf and showed a lack of morals. 

This just shows how much of a crappy politician you'd make. I'd send my family, but I would stay here and do my job. As an elected official, I'd be out there doing whatever I could, whether that means helping get food or water to people in need, getting them to warm shelter or whatever. This is what people expect of their elected officials, but they rarely get. Instead, we are paying them to take numerous vacations, play golf and avoid doing hard work. It makes me sick!

You sound like Marie Antoinette. You would fly off on a luxury vacation while the "peasants" all froze to death. Typical.

(02-19-2021, 03:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I'm a moderate Republican, but the optics are bad here. Is it as bad as Pelosi maskless in a salon or Newsome at a restaurant with lobbyists with no social distancing? Probably not. And certainly nothing compares to the shite that Grammy award winner Cuomo with his astounding level of hubris stepped in with his his murderous nursing home actions. And of course Cruz isn't telling people to shelter and not travel while at the same time disregarding his own counsel. But this feels somewhat tone deaf.  He should have stayed put for a couple more days and avoided this.

It's every bit as bad, if not worse. It's all bad. Every single example. And politicians wonder why voters don't trust their elected officials.

(02-19-2021, 04:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 01:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  Triggered.

It was definitely unethical, tone deaf and showed a lack of morals. 

This just shows how much of a crappy politician you'd make. I'd send my family, but I would stay here and do my job. As an elected official, I'd be out there doing whatever I could, whether that means helping get food or water to people in need, getting them to warm shelter or whatever. This is what people expect of their elected officials, but they rarely get. Instead, we are paying them to take numerous vacations, play golf and avoid doing hard work. It makes me sick!

You sound like Marie Antoinette. You would fly off on a luxury vacation while the "peasants" all froze to death. Typical.

I have never desired to be in politics and you are right, I wouldn't be good at it.

A U.S. Senator's job isn't to go out and hand out food/water or shuttle people around and there probably isn't a single one that would do it unless it was for a photo op.  The fact of the matter is he had the capability and means to do his actual job no matter where he is at.

Keep in mind.  EVERY politician that is "on the front lines" and "doing the hard work" whether in office or not is only doing a photo op.  Nothing more.

Say that I "sound like Marie Antoinette" all you want, but I think most people with common sense would leave if they had the means to.  If the destination happens to be a luxurious resort more power to them.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-19-2021, 11:23 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:54 AM)TJBender Wrote: Well, kind of, yeah. I think it’s disgusting for someone elected to serve a state deciding he’d rather take a nice, warm trip to the sandy beaches of Cancun than be, you know, in his home state leading the relief efforts that government officials there seem so disinterested in.

But I won’t lie, it is kinda fun to watch you guys shove your heads deeper into the sand because God forbid you criticize the actions of a fellow Trumpservative. If I can hand you a fresh shovel every now and then, oh sweet hell yes I’m doing it.

I just don't get it.

This need of people to see people in "power" have this faux response to things - as if they could change anything of significance. Opening him up to... why did he make sure THESE places had... when THESE places had nothing.... blah blah blah.

If anything this is a classic case of: Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't.

I have less respect for Beto than I ever did because of his obvious pandering.

I too don’t get it.  This is a bad look.  I lean right and the optics of this are horrible.  We on the right blasted Nancy for enjoying ice cream out of her $10,000 refrigerator.  How is this any different?  Unless BOTH sides start holding our own accountable for their actions things will never change.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-19-2021, 06:39 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 11:23 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I just don't get it.

This need of people to see people in "power" have this faux response to things - as if they could change anything of significance. Opening him up to... why did he make sure THESE places had... when THESE places had nothing.... blah blah blah.

If anything this is a classic case of: Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't.

I have less respect for Beto than I ever did because of his obvious pandering.

I too don’t get it.  This is a bad look.  I lean right and the optics of this are horrible.  We on the right blasted Nancy for enjoying ice cream out of her $10,000 refrigerator.  How is this any different?  Unless BOTH sides start holding our own accountable for their actions things will never change.

I didn’t care about her $10000 ice cream refrigerator either. Rich people gonna do rich people stuff.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 07:08 PM by Jags.)

(02-19-2021, 06:44 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 06:39 PM)copycat Wrote: I too don’t get it.  This is a bad look.  I lean right and the optics of this are horrible.  We on the right blasted Nancy for enjoying ice cream out of her $10,000 refrigerator.  How is this any different?  Unless BOTH sides start holding our own accountable for their actions things will never change.

I didn’t care about her $10000 ice cream refrigerator either. Rich people gonna do rich people stuff.

I want that fridge!   Maybe one day I could afford a place that would house it!   If you’ve got the money, more power to you!  I’ve grown to loathe the phrase “it must be nice...”    I’ve heard it before while having stuff I thought any normal well functioning person should have.  I equate it to getting a High school diploma.  Must be nice? [BLEEP]?  Is that an accomplishment or something?  Having a house???  I’ve heard that phrase a bit too many times from my wife’s side(not all).  I’ve eventually started to respond with “yes, it is nice.  Because we busted our [BLEEP] for it”.

(02-19-2021, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It was definitely unethical, tone deaf and showed a lack of morals. 

I have never desired to be in politics and you are right, I wouldn't be good at it.

A U.S. Senator's job isn't to go out and hand out food/water or shuttle people around and there probably isn't a single one that would do it unless it was for a photo op.  The fact of the matter is he had the capability and means to do his actual job no matter where he is at.

Keep in mind.  EVERY politician that is "on the front lines" and "doing the hard work" whether in office or not is only doing a photo op.  Nothing more.

Say that I "sound like Marie Antoinette" all you want, but I think most people with common sense would leave if they had the means to.  If the destination happens to be a luxurious resort more power to them.

Regardless of what you think a Senator's job is (and you're wrong about that anyways), it is an elite job. The average people have to BELIEVE that the elites are working for them or the Republic breaks down to nothing.

(02-19-2021, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It was definitely unethical, tone deaf and showed a lack of morals. 

This is why I HATE politics. I expect my politicians to be humanitarians in times of disaster. I don't expect them to take luxury vacations when natural disasters occur. 

I guess you and I were brought up differently. I was taught to help people in need when unforeseen events like this occur. Especially if I were to hold office. Not to run away at the last minute and pretend like it was a planned vacation.

(02-19-2021, 07:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have never desired to be in politics and you are right, I wouldn't be good at it.

Regardless of what you think a Senator's job is (and you're wrong about that anyways), it is an elite job. The average people have to BELIEVE that the elites are working for them or the Republic breaks down to nothing.

So, much like The Presidency as well.. If people don't believe Creepy Joe is going to work for them, the Republic breaks down to nothing too..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-19-2021, 07:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have never desired to be in politics and you are right, I wouldn't be good at it.

This is why I HATE politics. I expect my politicians to be humanitarians in times of disaster. I don't expect them to take luxury vacations when natural disasters occur. 

I guess you and I were brought up differently. I was taught to help people in need when unforeseen events like this occur. Especially if I were to hold office. Not to run away at the last minute and pretend like it was a planned vacation.

It’s one of those things were it doesn’t matter.  He could have planned the trip 5 years ago.   But being an elected official, you need to be there whether you can do [BLEEP] about it or not.  It’s a bad look.  Those that voted for him or have the same political views probably don’t care.  But being in stage and half the country not on your side or agreeing, he has to do what’s best for him and his career. Customer is always right.  Even when the customer is wrong.  Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.

So tell me snowflake, what exactly is a U.S. Senator's job?  How am I wrong to say that his job is not to hand out food/water or shuttle people around?

(02-19-2021, 07:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 07:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Regardless of what you think a Senator's job is (and you're wrong about that anyways), it is an elite job. The average people have to BELIEVE that the elites are working for them or the Republic breaks down to nothing.

So tell me snowflake, what exactly is a U.S. Senator's job?  How am I wrong to say that his job is not to hand out food/water or shuttle people around?

I already told you upthread.
Twice.

If you believe or even have to believe they work for your best interest you are beyond naive.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-19-2021, 08:45 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 07:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Regardless of what you think a Senator's job is (and you're wrong about that anyways), it is an elite job. The average people have to BELIEVE that the elites are working for them or the Republic breaks down to nothing.

If you believe or even have to believe they work for your best interest you are beyond naive.

I don't believe it. But I need my neighbors to believe it. But I do believe they can help me in certain situations.  Even though the ones who pay the piper get to call most of the times, the rest of us get some use out of them as well.