Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(02-27-2021, 06:10 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/stat...64461?s=19

What a Diva.
What a stupid take. Good for you and the owner empowerment movement! These owners have been held down for far too long.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ever since Robert McNair passed away, the class has gone out of the team.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(02-27-2021, 03:41 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Ever since Robert McNair passed away, the class has gone out of the team.

The 1956 version is the best one.

The Jackie Chan/Steve Coogan one stinks.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 08:00 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-27-2021, 05:46 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 03:41 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Ever since Robert McNair passed away, the class has gone out of the team.

The 1956 version is the best one.

The Jackie Chan/Steve Coogan one stinks.

[Image: willis.gif]

I'd have so much respect for Houston if they stood their ground and forced his hand on this one. Someone has to take a stand against these situations.

(02-27-2021, 08:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd have so much respect for Houston if they stood their ground and forced his hand on this one. Someone has to take a stand against these situations.

I have zero respect for Houston. The had an up and coming team and totally blew it up for no reason.

(02-27-2021, 08:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd have so much respect for Houston if they stood their ground and forced his hand on this one. Someone has to take a stand against these situations.
So you mean like Elway and Eli?

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 09:16 AM by SeldomRite.)

(02-27-2021, 08:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I have zero respect for Houston. The had an up and coming team and totally blew it up for no reason.

They put a coach in charge of player personnel. The sad part is you're likely to see something similar here in Jacksonville thanks to Khan's awful move of putting a guy with zero NFL experience in charge of the team and player personnel.

(02-27-2021, 08:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
So you mean like Elway and Eli?

They didn't have signed contracts.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

That works both ways.  One could say, "I have so much respect for Houston Watson because he is standing his ground and forcing their hand on this one. Someone has to take a stand against these situations."

I'm on Watson's side on this one.  It takes a lot to make one of the nicest most upstanding guys in the NFL say he's not going to play for you, and obviously, Cal McNair has crossed that line.  Anyone who knows what's going on with that franchise understands why Watson is doing what he's doing.  Houston has the most incompetent ownership situation in the NFL right now.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 10:28 AM by Cleatwood.)

(02-28-2021, 09:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 08:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you mean like Elway and Eli?

They didn't have signed contracts.
Oh so that’s the difference?

You can cry like a baby BEFORE getting drafted but if you get drafted and realize the situation is awful, you’re the bad guy? Got it. This whole notion about being loyal to the franchise you signed a contract with is such BS because these franchises will NEVER be loyal to the players. They dump them all the time.

Players aren’t wasting their years playing for bad teams and franchises anymore. Maybe Marino should have dipped and he would have a ring.

James Harden got out and looks to be the right move. Ramsey left a disaster and he’s with a better franchise.

(02-28-2021, 10:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote: They didn't have signed contracts.

You can cry like a baby BEFORE getting drafted but if you get drafted and realize the situation is awful, you’re the bad guy? Got it. This whole notion about being loyal to the franchise you signed a contract with is such BS because these franchises will NEVER be loyal to the players. They dump them all the time.

Players aren’t wasting their years playing for bad teams and franchises anymore. Maybe Marino should have dipped and he would have a ring.

James Harden got out and looks to be the right move. Ramsey left a disaster and he’s with a better franchise.

Watson isn't being reasonable nor willing to give an entirely new FO and coaching staff a chance. He is just butthurt he had no input into the hiring process. That isn't how this works. Russell Wilson is going down this same road.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 12:55 PM by Tank Commander.)

Yes, that's how it works.

Elway and Eli hadn't signed contracts.  Elway also had the option to sign with the Yankees so had alot of leverage.

DeShuan Watson signed a huge contract for alot of money. So that's on him to honor it.

So those situations are not analgous.

(02-28-2021, 11:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 10:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh so that’s the difference?

Watson isn't being reasonable nor willing to give an entirely new FO and coaching staff a chance. He is just butthurt he had no input into the hiring process. That isn't how this works. Russell Wilson is going down this same road.

yes, it's acting like a giant baby and diva at the leadership position when you have already signed a gigantic contract.
If the Texans organization was so horrible he should have never signed the new gigantic contract in the first place. I certainly don't think he's worth it talent wise.

(02-28-2021, 11:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I wouldn't either. He had the best go-to receiver in football and they gave him away for peanuts. They hired a head coach/GM that decimated the team. Their only other good WR is an UFA and probably won't be back, they have no running game to speak of, the interior of the offensive line is a mess, the defense is terrible and they just cut their best defensive player. They have $19 million in cap space, but that's not very much considering they basically have to re-build the entire team. They also have no first or second round picks in the draft either, so he has no chance to win with the Texans for a long time.

The Russell Wilson situation is completely different and is being blown way out of proportion. He's not going anywhere. He just complained about being hit too much. Seattle does not have a good O-Line, specifically on the interior. I believe he was just making it known that he might have a longer career in Seattle, if they get him some more protection. The media is turning this particular situation into something it's not.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 02:01 PM by RicoTx.)

All I'm saying is that the two situations are not the same.  Watson just signed an extension.  A really big extension.  Elway and Manning were not under contract and were not signed by any team.  Hell, the two teams didn't have to draft them.  

Do I understand why he's doing it?  MAYBE.  Do I agree with it?  Absolutely not.  Maybe I'm just old and idealistic but I have this weird thing about honoring a contract.

I don't get why these guys get hung up on lengths of contracts.  It doesn't mean anything to them.

Apples and oranges.

(02-28-2021, 01:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

All I'm saying is that the two situations are not the same.  Watson just signed an extension.  A really big extension.  Elway and Manning were not under contract and were not signed by any team.  Hell, the two teams didn't have to draft them.  

Do I understand why he's doing it?  MAYBE.  Do I agree with it?  Absolutely not.  Maybe I'm just old and idealistic but I have this weird thing about honoring a contract.

I don't get why these guys get hung up on lengths of contracts.  It doesn't mean anything to them.

Apples and oranges.

Why all this idealism about players honoring contracts when teams don't honor contracts?

(02-28-2021, 03:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 01:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: All I'm saying is that the two situations are not the same.  Watson just signed an extension.  A really big extension.  Elway and Manning were not under contract and were not signed by any team.  Hell, the two teams didn't have to draft them.  

Apples and oranges.

Why all this idealism about players honoring contracts when teams don't honor contracts?

When is it that teams don't honor contracts?

"Can't have inmates running the prison" - Robert McNair

Pretty classy ...

(02-28-2021, 05:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

"Can't have inmates running the prison" - Robert McNair

Pretty classy ...

Is this not a true statement? Ehh, just remembered who I was asking.

(02-28-2021, 05:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 03:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why all this idealism about players honoring contracts when teams don't honor contracts?

When is it that teams don't honor contracts?

When they cut a guy, before his contract is over. They aren't honoring the length of the deal.