Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-05-2021, 08:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote: Obviously a person who has tested positive for coronavirus shouldn't be getting on a bus for 10-14 days, regardless of their immigration status. But do you really want police enforcing quarantines again?

So, look the other way while thousands of infected illegal aliens pour into our country so police don't enforce quarantines again?

Billy Madison debate scene.

It's the typical diversion tactic. When pinned down on one argument, introduce an alternate argument to divert the discussion away from the original untenable assertion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-05-2021, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 11:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 108 illegal immigrants released by Border Patrol in Texas test positive for coronavirus, officials say | Fox News

...Migrant families who tested positive and spoke to that news organization at the bus station said they were waiting to travel to places such as Maryland and New Jersey. 

"On the way, we were wearing a mask all the time, gel, washing our hands," Eva Orellana, a 29-year-old from Honduras who came to the U.S. with her 3-year-old daughter, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga. 

She added that she was going to take a bus to North Carolina and had purchased tickets. 

"Really, I don't feel anything," she said. 

Miriam Izaguirre, a 35-year-old from Honduras who also tested positive, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga that she planned to travel by bus to Houston...

Obviously a person who has tested positive for coronavirus shouldn't be getting on a bus for 10-14 days, regardless of their immigration status. But do you really want police enforcing quarantines again?

So far, here are the only people that are immune to spreading coronavirus: Illegal immigrants, "protesters" that are protesting leftist talking points (right wing protesters are still contagious), and anyone that has achieved a high ranking political status with a D next to their name.

(03-05-2021, 08:53 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote: Obviously a person who has tested positive for coronavirus shouldn't be getting on a bus for 10-14 days, regardless of their immigration status. But do you really want police enforcing quarantines again?

So far, here are the only people that are immune to spreading coronavirus: Illegal immigrants, "protesters" that are protesting leftist talking points (right wing protesters are still contagious), and anyone that has achieved a high ranking political status with a D next to their name.

Mostly correct. Those who are not in the above groups are not just merely contagious, they are "super spreaders". You know, like Kamala Harris. 

*Ba-dum Tssss*

(03-05-2021, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 11:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 108 illegal immigrants released by Border Patrol in Texas test positive for coronavirus, officials say | Fox News

...Migrant families who tested positive and spoke to that news organization at the bus station said they were waiting to travel to places such as Maryland and New Jersey. 

"On the way, we were wearing a mask all the time, gel, washing our hands," Eva Orellana, a 29-year-old from Honduras who came to the U.S. with her 3-year-old daughter, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga. 

She added that she was going to take a bus to North Carolina and had purchased tickets. 

"Really, I don't feel anything," she said. 

Miriam Izaguirre, a 35-year-old from Honduras who also tested positive, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga that she planned to travel by bus to Houston...

Obviously a person who has tested positive for coronavirus shouldn't be getting on a bus for 10-14 days, regardless of their immigration status. But do you really want police enforcing quarantines again?

Yes, we want the government to enforce the quaratine that is our immigration law and keep illegals out of the country.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think i've worn a mask maybe 3-4 times during this whole pandemic and that's because I was forced to (work related)

I won't be guilt tripped, listen to the fear mongers or be shamed into wearing one. I understand that covid is out there, but I choose to live my life how I deem necessary.. I see all these videos on social media of people shaming other people for choosing not to wear a mask and it's pathetic.. I haven't come across one of those people yet, but I'm fully prepared for the stupidity.

And to hell with the vaccination too, I choose not to partake right now. Maybe later on when further testing has been done. I listened to Kamala Harris totally bad mouth the vaccination simply because it was founded under The Trump Administration, and now that they're in office, she's pushing the vaccination like a damn drug dealer.. She can go to hell too..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Economies and businesses should be opened, it's clear the shutdowns don't work. Same with schools.

Migrants shouldn't just be allowed to enter and run free, regardless of COVID or not, but allowing it during COVID makes the hypocrisy worse.

I think masks are a good thing and are even better if some states are now lifting all lockdowns and opening up 100%. The science is clear that if everyone wears a mask in certain situations it provides some protection against the virus spreading.

I'm not sure why we have to be all one way or all the other way, it's so stupid and is one of the main reasons why we can't get the virus under control or have any sort of moderation in any of our politics.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 02:57 PM by mikesez.)

(03-05-2021, 12:41 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Economies and businesses should be opened, it's clear the shutdowns don't work.  Same with schools.

Migrants shouldn't just be allowed to enter and run free, regardless of COVID or not, but allowing it during COVID makes the hypocrisy worse.

I think masks are a good thing and are even better if some states are now lifting all lockdowns and opening up 100%.  The science is clear that if everyone wears a mask in certain situations it provides some protection against the virus spreading.

I'm not sure why we have to be all one way or all the other way, it's so stupid and is one of the main reasons why we can't get the virus under control or have any sort of moderation in any of our politics.

I agree with you about masks.
this time last year, they should have never shut down so many things, but they should have started requiring masks right away.
but I do think there are some things that should still be restricted, until virus transmission is back near zero. 
the restrictions should be in indoor places where people can't wear masks or where they talk loudly.
Indoor dining, bars, and churches and daycares should be at no more than half capacity. (A lot of people thought elementary school students would not wear masks reliably. But they do, it turns out. 4 year olds and below, less so)
Democrats say that those places should just be closed.
Republicans say that those places should have no restrictions at all.
We never seem to elect reasonable people. We never seem to get anyone who tries to meet in the middle anymore.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-05-2021, 10:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think i've worn a mask maybe 3-4 times during this whole pandemic and that's because I was forced to (work related)

I won't be guilt tripped, listen to the fear mongers or be shamed into wearing one. I understand that covid is out there, but I choose to live my life how I deem necessary.. I see all these videos on social media of people shaming other people for choosing not to wear a mask and it's pathetic.. I haven't come across one of those people yet, but I'm fully prepared for the stupidity.

And to hell with the vaccination too, I choose not to partake right now. Maybe later on when further testing has been done. I listened to Kamala Harris totally bad mouth the vaccination simply because it was founded under The Trump Administration, and now that they're in office, she's pushing the vaccination like a damn drug dealer.. She can go to hell too..

You say, "I choose to live my life how I deem necessary..." Does that include killing other people?  I don't care if you kill yourself, but you don't just wear a mask to protect yourself.  You also wear a mask so you won't spread the disease unknowingly.  I've been vaccinated, but I still wear a mask, because I want to encourage other people to wear a mask and not spread the disease.

(03-06-2021, 08:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 10:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think i've worn a mask maybe 3-4 times during this whole pandemic and that's because I was forced to (work related)

You say, "I choose to live my life how I deem necessary..." Does that include killing other people?  I don't care if you kill yourself, but you don't just wear a mask to protect yourself.  You also wear a mask so you won't spread the disease unknowingly.  I've been vaccinated, but I still wear a mask, because I want to encourage other people to wear a mask and not spread the disease.

Don't include me into your psychosis.. You want to wear a mask? Be my guest.. But when you try to tell me what to do, then I politely tell you to go [BLEEP] yourself..

(03-06-2021, 08:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You say, "I choose to live my life how I deem necessary..." Does that include killing other people?  I don't care if you kill yourself, but you don't just wear a mask to protect yourself.  You also wear a mask so you won't spread the disease unknowingly.  I've been vaccinated, but I still wear a mask, because I want to encourage other people to wear a mask and not spread the disease.

Don't include me into your psychosis.. You want to wear a mask? Be my guest.. But when you try to tell me what to do, then I politely tell you to go [BLEEP] yourself..

I would expect nothing else from you.  Because you seem to be so rebellious that you would refuse to do the right thing simply because someone advised you to do it.

(03-06-2021, 09:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Don't include me into your psychosis.. You want to wear a mask? Be my guest.. But when you try to tell me what to do, then I politely tell you to go [BLEEP] yourself..

I would expect nothing else from you.  Because you seem to be so rebellious that you would refuse to do the right thing simply because someone advised you to do it.

And I would expect nothing else from you.. A blind sheep following the call of the wolf..

There are reasons to not wear a mask that are rooted in rationality. My body, my choice, is not one of them. It's just selfishness.

(03-06-2021, 09:39 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There are reasons to not wear a mask that are rooted in rationality. My body, my choice, is not one of them. It's just selfishness.

My freedom is not selfishness..

https://youtu.be/6ipccihEzLo

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 11:24 AM by mikesez.)

(03-06-2021, 09:39 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There are reasons to not wear a mask that are rooted in rationality. My body, my choice, is not one of them. It's just selfishness.

Exactly.  If you're outside walking down a street with no one within 6 feet of you, the mask does not slow down the disease.  If you already had the virus, there is no biological reason to wear a mask.
The only reason to wear one is the social norm.  You should wear yours so they wear theirs.

(03-06-2021, 10:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Yes it is.  Selfishness is not always a vice, though.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-06-2021, 11:23 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Exactly.  If you're outside walking down a street with no one within 6 feet of you, the mask does not slow down the disease.  If you already had the virus, there is no biological reason to wear a mask.
The only reason to wear one is the social norm.  You should wear yours so they wear theirs.

(03-06-2021, 10:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: My freedom is not selfishness..

Yes it is.  Selfishness is not always a vice, though.

Are we in a statewide mask mandate right now? 

No.. We are not.. So you and Lucky can go anal swab yourselves..

(03-06-2021, 10:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Your "freedom" does not guarantee you the right to unduly expose others to potential danger.  Mask requirements are a temporary public safety measure.  How is this so different than all the others we follow every day?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-06-2021, 02:00 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: My freedom is not selfishness..

Your "freedom" does not guarantee you the right to unduly expose others to potential danger.  Mask requirements are a temporary public safety measure.  How is this so different than all the others we follow every day?

What part of, "We are NOT in a mask mandate" do you idiots not understand?

Maybe re-read that statement a few more times.. 

If you're too incompetent to run your own life and need help from the government, so be it, that's on you and that's YOUR problem.. Not mine.. You want to wear a mask? Go for it, that's your decision, not mine..

Lol. You're shifting the goal posts, homey. You went from "My body, my choice," to "it's not illegal." Freedom is not a rational reason to not wear a mask. I don't even think we should be wearing masks. I'm simply objecting to your arrogance.

(03-06-2021, 03:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol. You're shifting the goal posts, homey. You went from "My body, my choice," to "it's not illegal." Freedom is not a rational reason to not wear a mask. I don't even think we should be wearing masks. I'm simply objecting to your arrogance.

Your bolded statement is your opinion, not fact.. "My body, my choice" and "it's not illegal" are 2 perfectly exceptional reasons why I refuse to wear a mask..  If you think my line of thinking is considered arrogance, oh well, that's your problem, homey..