Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(03-16-2021, 09:36 AM)Upper Wrote: The revisionist history on our FA is really annoying. We've had a lot of really good FA signings and the only reason yall are trying to downplay their impact is because you're trying to rationalize the disaster that was yesterday's failures. Don't be slaves to your biases like that.

Most of our success has come from signing lower or mid-priced free agents. Poor drafting (particularly in the first round) has done more to hurt this team than anything else.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2021, 08:35 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:23 AM)nhiverson Wrote: I really don't get Hyde and Dorsett awful. Like keep Cole instead and swing for a top wr. I don't think Hunter Henry would be bad but I don't think hes getting any better and needs to stay healthy.

Both have experience in our new offense. Dorsett is really, really fast when healthy. Urban wants more speed.

(So was Laurent Robinson)

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 10:06 AM by irontrooper83.)

Patriots have signed Hunter Henry. Great job Urban

Re-signing Sidney Jones makes for a good start to Day 2 of free agency. Yesterday was very underwhelming, to say the least, but landing Henry or Golladay would immediately give our fans a big boost. I wouldn't be shocked to see them shock everybody by landing Trent Williams for major bucks.

Henry signs with the Patriots.

(03-16-2021, 10:06 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Henry signs with the Patriots.

Extremely disappointing.

(03-16-2021, 10:10 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 10:06 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Henry signs with the Patriots.

Extremely disappointing.

I'll admit this is the one guy I wanted, because we have nothing at TE and the market and draft are so thin outside of Pitts from UF.

Trent williams, reiff and Golladay even though I think Goladay is meh and will be too expensive...

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 10:17 AM by Dewboy01.)

(03-16-2021, 10:11 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 10:10 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Extremely disappointing.

I'll admit this is the one guy I wanted, because we have nothing at TE and the market and draft are so thin outside of Pitts from UF.

Agree completely - and I think it'll take too much to move up from 25 to where we can take Pitts, likely inside the top ten.

(03-16-2021, 10:04 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Patriots have signed Hunter Henry. Great job Urban

Who's to say Urban didn't offer him the same or more? Josh Johnson said he turned down "significantly more money" from somewhere else (probably Jags) to play for the Browns. Sometimes players just don't want to play somewhere.

Losing out on Smith and Henry is a disaster. We have literally nothing at TE. We’re going to have to reach for one in the draft now, and outside of Pitts, they all seem a bit meh.

(03-16-2021, 10:24 AM)Ordar Wrote: Losing out on Smith and Henry is a disaster. We have literally nothing at TE. We’re going to have to reach for one in the draft now, and outside of Pitts, they all seem a bit meh.

Everett is still out there. While not Jonnu/Henry, he's still better than who we've had recently

Why would you got to NE as their #2 TE with Cam Newton at QB?

It's time for Marcedes Lewis to retire as a Jaguar. Who's with me?

(03-16-2021, 10:24 AM)Ordar Wrote: Losing out on Smith and Henry is a disaster. We have literally nothing at TE. We’re going to have to reach for one in the draft now, and outside of Pitts, they all seem a bit meh.

Josh Oliver says hi, 6'5"  250lbs, 4.6 speed

What about Everett from the Rams?

(03-16-2021, 10:28 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Josh Oliver says hi, 6'5"  250lbs, 4.6 speed

Sorry but until proven otherwise, the only thing Josh Oliver says hi to is the injury bug....

Who's Josh Oliver? Never heard of him.

We need elite speed at wr to help our young qb and stretch the D,    Will Fuller

Will fuller...........Laviska............Cam.Norwell.Linder.Bartch.Taylor. Josh Oliver......................DJ Chark
.......................................................................Trevor

...............................................................Robinson

(03-16-2021, 10:37 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We need elite speed at wr to help our young qb and stretch the D,    Will Fuller

Will fuller...........Laviska............Cam.Norwell.Linder.Bartch.Taylor. Josh Oliver......................DJ Chark
.......................................................................Trevor

...............................................................Robinson

Hard pass