Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(03-16-2021, 08:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Honestly can't believe there is people even considering Jones on Godwin's level... my god...

You didn't know?  The minute he was a jag he was an instant hall of famer.  He is a big upgrade from what we had.  He has scored 18tds in 2 years!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 08:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-16-2021, 05:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1371...26018?s=19

No thanks. If they wanna trade Dallas Goedert, I'd be interested. I wouldn't give up a high/mid round pick for a TE on the downside of his career though.

(03-16-2021, 08:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:57 PM)Upper Wrote: How about just one all star? Today would have been great if yesterday went as we hoped, all of this solid depth needed that one or two big Lawson/Jonnu splashes that we all expected to really grade well. I do like the DL rotation we have formed.

Do you watch football? Jonnu smith is overrated as hell and carl lawson ive never heard mentioned as an above average player ever.

You must not watch much football outside of Jacksonville then. Lawson had 5.5 sacks and 32 QB hits on a very bad Bengals defense. He was basically their entire pass rush.

(03-16-2021, 06:31 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Thank god the Jones deal is cheap... really not a fan of Jones. They picked up the wrong WR out of DET. Golladay is a beast, and before someone says "Golladay injury prone", should check in on Jones' injury history.

Positive thing is, deal #'s was wasn't bad.

I'm not really a fan of Jones, but he is relatively cheap and is a definite upgrade from Conley. That guy had hands of stone.

(03-16-2021, 08:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:31 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Thank god the Jones deal is cheap... really not a fan of Jones. They picked up the wrong WR out of DET. Golladay is a beast, and before someone says "Golladay injury prone", should check in on Jones' injury history.

Positive thing is, deal #'s was wasn't bad.

I'm not really a fan of Jones, but he is relatively cheap and is a definite upgrade from Conley. That guy had hands of stone.

NFL Network did two different segments on Jones with two different sets of analysts:

Michael Irvin and Steve Smith the first time and David Carr, Brian Billick and DeAngelo Hall in the second.

They were unanimous in lauding the signing and spoke glowlingly of his route running, hands, and locker room presence.  They said he can still separate and run all routes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2021, 08:14 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So, 1000 yards and 10 TD's worth of garbage time stats..

Makes me think you need serious help..

Sorry you don't like the signing.. Sucks for you..

Dude, unfortunately for me I watch almost all games because I'm a hardcore DFS player. My opinion isn't just random, this is wide spread about him. We all know he is going to have 1-2 explosive games per year and the rest will be trash. Definition of inconsistent, and this is while he was the #1. What is Jones really like? Look at his game log and tell me how NICE those numbers look in the last 8 games of the season. Again.. he will have 1-2 games where he blows up (he does this every year)... but consistency is not there not to mention very injury prone. 

Yeah, I need serious help... Help understanding WHY this is a good pick up.

1) It's FA season and teams seem to always overpay
2) Jones is going to be a WR2, not a 1
3) WR isn't the main concern for this team and why pay major premium money for a WR1 when the Jags already have Chark?
4) Save the money for The O-Line..
5) Jones isn't being brought in to be a savior..

It was a good pickup..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-16-2021, 08:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:14 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Dude, unfortunately for me I watch almost all games because I'm a hardcore DFS player. My opinion isn't just random, this is wide spread about him. We all know he is going to have 1-2 explosive games per year and the rest will be trash. Definition of inconsistent, and this is while he was the #1. What is Jones really like? Look at his game log and tell me how NICE those numbers look in the last 8 games of the season. Again.. he will have 1-2 games where he blows up (he does this every year)... but consistency is not there not to mention very injury prone. 

Yeah, I need serious help... Help understanding WHY this is a good pick up.

1) It's FA season and teams seem to always overpay
3) WR isn't the main concern for this team and why pay major premium money for a WR1 when the Jags already have Chark?

It was a good pickup..

I would like to see how secondaries adjusted the coverage once Golladay went down with injury and how that impacted Jones' productivity.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2021, 08:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: 1) It's FA season and teams seem to always overpay

It was a good pickup..

I would like to see how secondaries adjusted the coverage once Golladay went down with injury and how that impacted Jones' productivity.

Good point.. When Golladay went down, you know Jones was probably drawing coverage from CB1..

I wonder where Cole goes, Min?

(03-16-2021, 05:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...36935?s=20

Nice day 2 haul. 

Glad to have Alualu back and want to see this guy a part of the rebuild as he is a complete class act. 

Real happy about the Brown trade as he will add a level of physicality to the DL.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Seattle Times is saying we're signing both Griffin brothers, any confirmation?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Day 2 is a massive improvement from day 1. Granted it didn't take much to top day 1.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I like several of the moves from today. I still say that we need to sign 2 experienced OL and an experienced TE. For me, I'd like to have either LT T.Williams or R. Reiff and possibly take tag off of Cam depending on how much you're worried about $$. Draft a LT for sure. One of the following C/G A. Reiter, D. Andrews, N. Martin, T. Karas, M. Skura, F. Lamp, D. Freeney, E. Pocic. I'd take any of them, all have starting experience. For the TE I'd like to get one of J. James, G. Everett. D. Arnold.

(03-16-2021, 05:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 05:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...13160?s=19

Backup NT. He's better than Abry Jones, so that's an upgrade.

Backup NT?  Lol, dude started 16 games for the Saints, was a starter for the Pats.  Former 1st round pick, dude just turned 27, he ain't gonna be a backup

Pretty lame to see that Jackson III got paid about the same amount as Griffin. He's a much better player. Hilton went for dirt cheap as well. Could've really had a dynamite CB room if we signed Jackson, Hilton, and Jones instead of Griffin and keeping Herndon.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 11:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-16-2021, 02:34 PM)Upper Wrote: Another question is why are we seriously backloading these deals? They all have tiny first year salaries. We should be taking advantage of this situation and front loading so we have more space in the future when we're more competitive.

NE did the same thing, im sure they know a little more about how to structure contracts than you do

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 10:48 PM by chris hill.)

Taven Jenkins at pick 25 and Pat Friermuth at pick 33.. Then resign Tyler Eifert as he played decent last year.. Also Gerald Everett is available in FA from Rams Jared Cook is too old if we sign him ill do backwards flips as i think Meyer wont..

(03-16-2021, 10:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Pretty lame to see that Jackson III got paid about the same amount as Griffin. He's a much better player. Hilton went for dirt cheap as well. Could've really had a dynamite CB room if we signed Jackson, Hilton, and Jones instead of Griffin and keeping Herndon.

Christ dude all you do is whine.  You must be a blast at parties.

(03-16-2021, 11:05 PM)jakla86 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 10:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Pretty lame to see that Jackson III got paid about the same amount as Griffin. He's a much better player. Hilton went for dirt cheap as well. Could've really had a dynamite CB room if we signed Jackson, Hilton, and Jones instead of Griffin and keeping Herndon.

I wouldn't have whined if they spent a measly 2 million more to get the much better player instead of settling for Griffin because they wanted a guy with the Seattle familiarity.

The better question is why are you satisfied with much worse for essentially the same money?

(03-16-2021, 11:05 PM)jakla86 Wrote:

Had to pop your rep cherry on that one..